Has anyone used the article rewriter called "Content Hurricane?" (Is this too good to be true?)

18 replies
Has anyone tried a program called Content Hurricane? It costs $97 and I'm trying to get some input before I buy it. It's interesting because, if I'm reading it right, the program "spins" the search engines -- and leaves your article intact.

In other words, it allows you to post the same original article all over the web and each time the article appears to be unique to the search engines and to Copyscape.

It seems too good to be true. If you have used it, please let me know if it works.
#article #article rewriter #called #content hurricane #good #rewriter #true
  • Profile picture of the author Carl-Reed
    Mike, duplicate content is a myth.

    You can get the exact same article ranked 100 times on multiple sites.

    I've seen Howie Schwartz get a duplicate article ranked three times on the first page of Google.

    The only time it matters is if you have the same article on multiple pages in the same domain.

    Or if you're submitting your article to places like Ezine Articles or Associated Content as they don't accept dupes.

    After my articles get published by EA I blast them all over the web, then I bookmark them and they all get ranked.



    Article re-writers are a waste of time IMO.


    I've just took a look at Content Hurricane. They seem to be offering the impossible, you can't 'spin' the search engines!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[819869].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SpeakToTman
      Originally Posted by Carl-Reed View Post

      Mike, duplicate content is a myth.

      You can get the exact same article ranked 100 times on multiple sites.

      I've seen Howie Schwartz get a duplicate article ranked three times on the first page of Google.

      The only time it matters is if you have the same article on multiple pages in the same domain.

      Or if you're submitting your article to places like Ezine Articles or Associated Content as they don't accept dupes.

      After my articles get published by EA I blast them all over the web, then I bookmark them and they all get ranked.



      Article re-writers are a waste of time IMO.


      I've just took a look at Content Hurricane. They seem to be offering the impossible, you can't 'spin' the search engines!

      I don't agree. I have submitted the same article to multiple directories, and have a few of them rank on the first page of Google, but this generally only works with farely low competition keywords, and the articles do not stay ranked for a very long time...within a few weeks they all drop off the first page!

      I use your strategy if I am looking to build backlinks to one of my sites, but if I am looking to drive traffic via my articles, I always write unique content...atleast 40% unique compared to similar articles...
      Signature

      Please read the sig file rules

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[820135].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[820737].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
        Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

        Of course now the article spinner set are going to flame me, because they're the only ones promoting the concept...obviously because they profit from it.
        I use it as a selling point myself. However, the real secret is in optimizing for keywords. Spinning sometimes helps a rewrite capture new long tail keyword combinations that the original article didn't have. That's what I see as the advantage of spinning. It's not in getting rid of dupe content but in the additional keyword combos it provides.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[820895].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author blogsy
        Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

        Hot Damn - Finally someone with some freaking common sense!

        When you post an article to a directory like EZA, in theory at least, that article will be picked up and published on hundreds or thousands of sites. And yet, no one is penalized for it.

        When you publish an RSS Feed to an aggregator, tens of thousands of sites will be displaying your feed (again in theory) and search engines don't have a problem with it.

        The same is true for Press Releases...and Social Bookmarking, Blogging, yada, yada, yada. Not to mention resellers of various products - I was searching for View Sonic monitors the other day and came up with tons of "duplicate" content between all of the distributors.

        I've never believed in spinning articles and agree it's a total waste of time. I've tried it in the past and honestly? the results were no better/worse than with duplicate articles.

        Of course now the article spinner set are going to flame me, because they're the only ones promoting the concept...obviously because they profit from it.

        So I'll ask them this in advance - show me hard, cold facts that prove spun articles will out-perform unspun articles. Then show me factually how search engines respond to duplicate content.

        Trust me...if article spinners really outperformed duplicating articles, I'd have built and be selling one
        Hi Mike... I have always doubted the duplicate content frenzy based on the logic above but I have never been completely game to ignor it either. Everybody keeps telling you to rewrite by hand or use rewrite software (or if you can't be bothered spin them) before submitting to the 100s of various directories, blogs, etc.

        So let me get this crystal clear ... are you saying that if you write an article and submit it to EzineArticles wait until it's accepted, and then post the same unchanged article to as many different directories, etc, as you like, you will get the same results and benefits without any SE penalties ... Your saying if you had made the articles more unique by whatever means, that it would have been a total waste of time and effort from a linking and traffic point of view.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[980428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Alexander
    Originally Posted by MikeGriffith View Post

    Has anyone tried a program called Content Hurricane? It costs $97 and I'm trying to get some input before I buy it. It's interesting because, if I'm reading it right, the program "spins" the search engines -- and leaves your article intact.

    In other words, it allows you to post the same original article all over the web and each time the article appears to be unique to the search engines and to Copyscape.

    It seems too good to be true. If you have used it, please let me know if it works.
    it works by replacing characters with control code equivalents. You can get the same thing free here - Pass Copyscape but it's really not recommended.
    Signature
    http://www.contentboss.com - automated article rewriting software gives you unique content at a few CENTS per article!. New - Put text into jetspinner format automatically! http://www.autojetspinner.com

    PS my PM system is broken. Sorry I can't help anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[820123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexkandr Krulik
    It is not control code equivalents it is Slavic letters
    nіkе just dо іt - same result as CH shows in their video.
    Signature

    Alexandr Krulik author of Magic Submitter ,
    Magic Article Rewriter and Easy Backlinks. The best time saver tool in niche.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[820615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jdunn
    In my experience Carl and Big Mike are correct. Duplicate content refers to duplicate pages on a particular domain. Here is a link to a video of Matt Cutts explaining the Canonical Link Element youtube.com/watch?v=Cm9onOGTgeM in which he covers how to use this link element to correct this within your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[900315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JamesTWL
      There is no such thing call as duplicate content penalty with content posted in different domains. I think the most misleading word here is "penalty". Penalty to most people mean punishment and that is why they thought that if they submit their article to mass article directories and blogs, Google will ban their domain or web site altogether. Now, not my intention to add more to the confusion, there is indeed a duplicate content penalty but it is not what most people think it is to be like. I shall not explain about it here so as not to deviate from my main point.

      Now, the correct term to describe duplicate content penalty is call duplicate content "filter". Notice the word penalty is change to filter? Google wanted to provide as much as possible unique search results to their searchers so as to maximise their searching experience. Imagine having all the same results on the first two pages of Google, how would you feel if you are the searcher yourself? So what Google did is that, they filter an amount of duplicate content base on their algorithm to the supplemental index. Keep in mind that this act of Google is not a punishment as many have called it to be a penalty as describe above. Those links in the supplemental index still do carry some weight and will still be qualified towards the overall calculation of the web site popularity index.

      What seems to be a logical move by Google sadly resulted in even more confusion. Marketers from all over the world are thus trying to "decode" the Google duplicate content filter algorithm and have came out with eBooks, products and even seminars to prove that they have the so called "blueprint". But the truth is this, no one really knows the EXACT 100% algorithm that Google use, even if there are indeed marketers who have found out, do you think they will be so "generous" to share it with the public? Moreover, what have been "decoded" today might not works again in the near future as Google will keep on fine tuning their algorithm so that marketers will not be able to take advantage of them.

      In my point of view, there is a very popular article marketer who have "decoded" the most of the duplicate content filter algorithm and his name is Allen Graves and trust me, even he himself is still doing testing until today. So what does that imply to you? I think the answer is very obvious.

      Hope my post will clear up some of the confusion of duplicate content penalty which have proved to be a tiring long debation over the last few years.

      Cheers,

      James

      "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[901251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kanus
    First, please read Duplicate content - Webmasters/Site owners Help

    No one can say for 100% sure, as stated above, what the search engines are doing. We only have what they tell us and our experience.

    You will find "Google tries hard to index and show pages with distinct information" and "Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results".

    In my early years I tried things like rss2blog, and I can tell you some of the sites with duplicate content were banned, and others were not. Now I believe I was banned because people were hacking my sites, but I dont know for sure. Some of the sites, are still up, still in the index after several years. There is nothing on those sites but duplicate content.

    So now let me ask the purpose of this article? Is it to build back links? If so, based on google's statement "Google tries hard to index and show pages with distinct information", I would say duplicate articles all over the web will have less impact than unique ones. Because I assume if google doesnt index a site because the content is duplicate, then your link wont be indexed, thats not really what I experienced though.

    I can tell you from experience, I have posted the same article to multiple sites and google found links to my site from more than one of these article sites with the same article. I also posted unique articles to different sites, and came up with the same results as far as looking for backlinks on google.

    Now with all that being said, duplicate content on other sites (article sites you submit your article to), I cant see hurting your site at all, unless you post the same article to your site.

    I also dont think duplicate content on article sites is deceptive, again "Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results", so I dont really foresee the article sites being penalized for it. If I were google, I would say "Article sites arent bad, they allow people to share information", so how could I determine one article site is bad for duplicate content and another is good, if they all have duplicate content (I'm almost 100% sure every article site has duplicate content, unless its a private article site).

    Shameless plug: Article Submitter Software: Warriors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[901485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
    Thanks, James.

    But I couldn't do it without the articles I am able to study from my kickass author base.

    I have my theories, but as you say - nobody knows the real and complete Google Algorithm. Plus. it is somewhat of a matrix from what I can see and studying in 3D is extremely time consuming and mentally exhausting!

    Respectfully,
    Allen Graves
    Signature
    Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[911217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author spudzz
      So many of my sites have duplicate content on the first page of Google that I have no doubt at all that there is no duplicate content penalty - just a ranking. If your site has enough incoming links then you'll find your dupe stuff ranking.

      Most duplicate content is used on feeder sites which tend to lie untouched and unloved, hence they don't rank (or they have a brief week of Google love as the pages are first published, then they crash and burn). The larger article directories have lots of incoming links, so they do rank.

      That's really all there is to it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[915365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 02wideglide
    I tried the free version of Traffic Hurricane. They install it on your ftp server after you sign up.

    I couldn't get past the 3rd page. The submit button would not work. I emailed and emailed for support. The only emails I got back were from the fruit loop promoting it and that's what he was doing, more promotion.

    Never got any answer back. I deleted it from my ftp directory and regained the wasted space.

    Don't do it.

    Jamie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[916805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kelpsi Media
    Most of the article buyers do not believe in article spinning. But i really wonder how intelligently they spin the articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[916919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pelician
      I heard from a few Warriors that using the content spun from Content Hurricane resulted in a ban in their wordpress blogs. I myself have not use it before but from the way it looks, it kind of like change the unicode around and "fool" the search engine into believing that the content is unique. Definitely a blackhat in my own opinion and i would stay away from it. Just my 2 cents.

      Pelicia
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[971639].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
        Originally Posted by Pelician View Post

        I heard from a few Warriors that using the content spun from Content Hurricane resulted in a ban in their wordpress blogs. I myself have not use it before but from the way it looks, it kind of like change the unicode around and "fool" the search engine into believing that the content is unique. Definitely a BlueFart in my own opinion and i would stay away from it. Just my 2 cents.

        Pelicia

        We have a custom wordpress plugin that makes these changes to our content that gets posted to some of our autoblogs and we have never had a site or page banned. As a matter of fact, we rank extremely well for many terms.

        With that being said, I don't subscribe to the whole "dupe content" thing, but it doesn't hurt to have content that at least appears unique.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[971761].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author winsonlim
          Just want to post my thought here. Anything that is manipulative in the eyes of Google, in the long run, it will only harm your search engine ranking. My advise is not to use it. Just my own opinion.

          Have a nice day
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[974021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emma Ngin
    I do agree with Carl Reed. There are lots of crappy article spinner out there, and so far none of them really work as they promised. Total waste of money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[980578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author E-Newbies
      Hi Mike

      I agree in general with this thread however it depends what you are trying to accomplish.

      Article writing takes time & you want to get the most out of it if you submit the same article to 100's or 1000's of sites yes many will get listed however the filter as it was so eloquently described will start to unlist your articles. So if your looking for a quick hit so to speak the same article works fine.

      If you are backlink building then its pretty pointless throwing out hundreds of links that will slowly disappear so it is worth the time rewriting to make unique articles. I would recommend either myarticlenetwork or uniquearticlewizard either service will help you rewrite & then submit.

      Automating the article submission part is a massive time saver unless you like lots of spam & filling out captcha's
      Signature
      Webmaster Tools & Software - Free Resource Kit

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[980639].message }}

Trending Topics