DAP (Digital Access Pass) vs Wishlist Member 4 Clickbank site...

17 replies
I will be using either DAP or Wishlist on my Wordpress, Optimizepress, and Clickbank (1-time payment) membership site and want advise from anyone who has used both.

What was your experience with one vs the other (maybe specifically when used with Clickbank/wordpress/optimizpress)?

After you set it up, which one gave you and your customers less headaches/tech support requests?

***And did DAP or Wishlist's post purchase process work better?***

...for example, DAP automatically assigns your customer a username/pw and emails that info to them. They have to then go check their email, get that info and go to the login page.

And wishlist has them click a post purchase link that sends them to a registration page ..where they enter a username they want and a pw they want.


Which one of these post signup options work better and give you less "lost pw, what's my username, Where's the product I just purchased" questions?

Thanks so much.
#access #clickbank #dap #digital #member #pass #site #wishlist
  • Profile picture of the author Rok Solid
    Hi

    I've been using OP with WL Member and the combination does work great but I do find that most of my support requests come from people having a hard time figuring out how to either register for members-only content or login once they've registered.

    I've never tried DAP but whichever option you go with I highly recommend setting up a Help Desk with detailed instructions on how to register and then access members areas.

    You can start with the free one at FreshDesk.com. They do a great job

    All the best
    Ricky
    Signature

    I don't send traffic traffic to opt in pages anymore. I Do This instead...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9010841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TerriL
    I am curious to know more responses to this question as well. I have Optimize Press 2.0 and was going to try to run a membership site exclusively with their theme, but have only made it through 1/2 the video set up and was exhausted.

    Then, as if my prayers for a simple solution were answered I saw an email about InstaMembers WP plugin, and thought "WOW" this is 'f-in awesome' - until I read tons of posts about poor support, bugs, and what nots.

    I hear DAP is difficult to set up, but once it is it's great. The S2Members if free, but again complicated to set up. Definitely gets frustrating trying to take action, when it leads to more research, more questions, and usually more headaches to overcome!

    Anyway... Thanks for asking the question, and if anyone knows can OP 2.0 do the job solo or is DAP or WL required?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9010853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ean Stark
    I've been using Wishlist member plugin and Ill recommend it,I have no issues whatsoever,never used DAP so can't comment.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9014067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Migster
    I use DAP for my membership sites and I love it. No complaints here. I previously used MembersGear but had to do a lot of things manually so I switched to DAP.
    Signature
    http://Documentoz.com [go paperless]

    http://EntrepreneurModules.com/dap/a/?a=3 [simple ways to become an entrepreneur]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9014091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Money Coach
    If you are looking for a free solution, this may work just fine for you:

    Download and Installation | Paid Memberships Pro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9014273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danits
    Originally Posted by TheWebGuy View Post


    ...for example, DAP automatically assigns your customer a username/pw and emails that info to them. They have to then go check their email, get that info and go to the login page.

    And wishlist has them click a post purchase link that sends them to a registration page ..where they enter a username they want and a pw they want.
    Hi,

    I am not using DAP so I can't give you any recommendation about it, however, I am using Wishlist in the last several years with both OptimizePress (1.0 and 2.0) and Clickbank and it works great.

    Also, you are aiming for a one-time payment so it's really not complicated to setup at all.

    Just one note regarding the registration process:

    When I started using Wishlist, the registration page was one of the thinks that bothered me most, so I had my developer develop a plugin that registers members automatically to the membership site when completing the registration process.

    The login details are sent to the member through email + it's possible to add shortcodes in the "thank you page" to display the details there also.

    The plugin is sold for about a year now for other Wishlist users and also in my own sites and it works perfect.

    If you want to get more details about it you can check it in this link:

    Wishlist Auto Registration | Happy Plugins Store

    Good luck!

    Danit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheWebGuy
      Originally Posted by danits View Post

      Hi,

      I am not using DAP so I can't give you any recommendation about it, however, I am using Wishlist in the last several years with both OptimizePress (1.0 and 2.0) and Clickbank and it works great.

      Also, you are aiming for a one-time payment so it's really not complicated to setup at all.

      Just one note regarding the registration process:

      When I started using Wishlist, the registration page was one of the thinks that bothered me most, so I had my developer develop a plugin that registers members automatically to the membership site when completing the registration process.

      The login details are sent to the member through email + it's possible to add shortcodes in the "thank you page" to display the details there also.

      The plugin is sold for about a year now for other Wishlist users and also in my own sites and it works perfect.

      If you want to get more details about it you can check it in this link:

      Wishlist Auto Registration | Happy Plugins Store

      Good luck!

      Danit
      .................................................. ......

      Thanks a lot for your input. You seem like you can give me some real insight into this...


      So what about the registration process didn't you like? Did many people miss it? Did it create a lot of "Where's my product" type questions?

      ...and in your experience, is it better to automatically create a username/email and PW and just email it to them ...instead of sending them to a registration page post Clickbank purchase?



      Any input or experiences you've had with allowing the customer to:

      1) Create their own username/pw combo post purchase (what you use to do)

      VS

      2) Automatically creating a username(normally their email)/pw and emailing it to them

      ...would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059137].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author danits
        Originally Posted by TheWebGuy View Post

        .................................................. ......

        Thanks a lot for your input. You seem like you can give me some real insight into this...


        So what about the registration process didn't you like? Did many people miss it? Did it create a lot of "Where's my product" type questions?

        ...and in your experience, is it better to automatically create a username/email and PW and just email it to them ...instead of sending them to a registration page post Clickbank purchase?



        Any input or experiences you've had with allowing the customer to:

        1) Create their own username/pw combo post purchase (what you use to do)

        VS

        2) Automatically creating a username(normally their email)/pw and emailing it to them

        ...would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.
        Your welcome!

        What I didn't like about the registration process is that we used to have many incomplete and duplicate registrations.

        Some people just left the page after completing the payment never filling-in the registration form or they simply registered with different email when they upgraded.

        The duplicate registrations were caused due to the fact that people hadn't noticed the "existing member, please login here" notification.

        Wishlist got it more user friendly in the 2.8 version they released, and they now present it in a better way for people to understand, but it's still a long form and it effects on the customers' experience a lot.

        Regarding the auto-generated username and password, we haven't gotten any complains about it, and people who want to change their password just do it afterwards.

        I think the more important thing in the whole experience is to deliver the members what they paid for faster and avoid frustrations in long processes.

        I sometimes, as a customer, buy something online and get frustrated when I see how long and complicated the website's buying process is, till I sometimes ask myself if they really want me to buy from them or they are just trying to make me give up LOL

        I never gave so much thought to whether and automatic username + password is important to our users or not and we never had a problem with that either.

        Hope that helped
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9062796].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheWebGuy
          Originally Posted by danits View Post

          Your welcome!

          What I didn't like about the registration process is that we used to have many incomplete and duplicate registrations.

          Some people just left the page after completing the payment never filling-in the registration form or they simply registered with different email when they upgraded.

          The duplicate registrations were caused due to the fact that people hadn't noticed the "existing member, please login here" notification.

          Wishlist got it more user friendly in the 2.8 version they released, and they now present it in a better way for people to understand, but it's still a long form and it effects on the customers' experience a lot.

          Regarding the auto-generated username and password, we haven't gotten any complains about it, and people who want to change their password just do it afterwards.

          I think the more important thing in the whole experience is to deliver the members what they paid for faster and avoid frustrations in long processes.

          I sometimes, as a customer, buy something online and get frustrated when I see how long and complicated the website's buying process is, till I sometimes ask myself if they really want me to buy from them or they are just trying to make me give up LOL

          I never gave so much thought to whether and automatic username + password is important to our users or not and we never had a problem with that either.

          Hope that helped

          It was extremely helpful. That is just the info I was hoping someone could tell me about.

          I appreciate the detailed info you provided and the time you took to write it!

          Thanks again.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9063741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
    Hi TheWebGuy,

    In the newest version of DAP, we have automated login for ClickBank purchases also (previously had it for other payment processors but not CB - and now we have it for CB as well) immediately after purchase.

    Your buyers don't have to "register" after the purchase. They will be logged right in to the member's area after purchase.

    And they will get the email and password automatically in their email at the same time they're being logged in on the front end. However, if you don't want auto-login, you can choose to make them check their email id and password - which is certainly less user friendly than having them being logged in automatically and be looking at your thank-you page within the member's area a few seconds after they've completed the purchase at CB.

    Plus DAP has the most seamless INS (Instant Notification Service - which is CB's equivalent of Paypal's IPN) integration. Which means, 1-Click upsells are instant and fully automated. Doesn't matter if your buyers click on "Return to Vendor's Web site" or not, they would've gotten the welcome email for each purchase just seconds after they complete each product or upsell purchase.

    Feel free to ping me offline if you have any questions.

    - Ravi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheWebGuy
      Hi Ravi,

      Thanks for your response and helpful info. That seems like a great feature.

      1) Will this be a beta version or a stable version? And what day is it coming out?

      2) I'm assuming you can display their username/pw in the membership area too (with some short code) so the member can write it down right then also (is that correct?)

      3) Lastly, will this new version include automatically ending a member's account if they get a refund from Clickbank? For example, they buy a 1-time purchase (no recurring billing) ...and a month later, they ask for a refund and it goes through ...will this new version of DAP automatically end their ability to login? (because that would be a great feature)


      Thanks, Ravi.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9061063].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
        Hi,

        >>1) Will this be a beta version or a stable version? And what day is it coming out?<<
        Beta version. Coming early next week.

        >>2) I'm assuming you can display their username/pw in the membership area too (with some short code) so the member can write it down right then also (is that correct?)<<
        Yes. See Merge Tags For WordPress Posts & Pages

        >>3) Lastly, will this new version include automatically ending a member's account if they get a refund from Clickbank?<<
        Yes.

        Originally Posted by TheWebGuy View Post

        Hi Ravi,

        Thanks for your response and helpful info. That seems like a great feature.

        1) Will this be a beta version or a stable version? And what day is it coming out?

        2) I'm assuming you can display their username/pw in the membership area too (with some short code) so the member can write it down right then also (is that correct?)

        3) Lastly, will this new version include automatically ending a member's account if they get a refund from Clickbank? For example, they buy a 1-time purchase (no recurring billing) ...and a month later, they ask for a refund and it goes through ...will this new version of DAP automatically end their ability to login? (because that would be a great feature)


        Thanks, Ravi.
        - Ravi Jayagopal
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9063149].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheWebGuy
          Originally Posted by ravijayagopal View Post

          Hi,

          >>1) Will this be a beta version or a stable version? And what day is it coming out?<<
          Beta version. Coming early next week.

          >>2) I'm assuming you can display their username/pw in the membership area too (with some short code) so the member can write it down right then also (is that correct?)<<
          Yes. See Merge Tags For WordPress Posts & Pages

          >>3) Lastly, will this new version include automatically ending a member's account if they get a refund from Clickbank?<<
          Yes.

          - Ravi Jayagopal
          Thanks, Ravi. You guys are making some great improvements/features. I'm looking forward to it!

          How long typically will it go from Beta to Stable version?

          ...and are your Beta versions safe to go on live e-commerce sites? Or should I wait till the stable version comes out?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9063760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
    Beta to Final is usually 3-4 weeks. But we keep making updates throughout those 3-4 weeks. We fix bugs as soon as we find one - so by the time you get to final, it's already been stable for a while.

    - Ravi Jayagopal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9064546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MelanieandMiles
    @TheWebGuy have you made your decision, yet?

    We just migrated over to DAP and the auto-log in after purchase is AWESOME! Also, the support we've received is world-class.

    Definitely read through this thread before making our decision where to migrate the membership site to and it was pretty easy to see that DAP was all inclusive and Wishlist required additional plugins, purchases and configurations to auto-log people in after purchasing.

    100% stoked with the decision to go with DAP.... And honestly curious if you made an ultimate decision and are making forward progress, yet?
    Signature
    Free How-To Videos On Everything From Sales Funnels, Facebook PPC & More!
    https://www.YouTube.com/milesb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Mozie
    Glad I just read this post. I bought DAP a while back, never got to use it properly. I was considering buying Wishlist because people were saying it's easier to setup than DAP.

    I am wondering if the developer version came with lifetime updates or if I would have to pay again to have it updated. I bought it like 3 years ago and just never used it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9462123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobertBayes
    I had done a LOT of research, looking into most of the 'usual' suspects.

    I ended up purchasing DAP, and I'm glad I did.

    I probably would have been happy with some of the other membership offers, but once things started taking off and I actually had to manage a membership, it became clear that I'd made the right choice.

    There are other review threads that go over many features package vs package; the point I wanted to make here is that once you're running a membership, the last thing you want to do is run up against a wall and either have to jerry-rig your way around it, or change everyone over.

    DAP gets my vote, 100%!

    Robert
    Signature
    I just bought one of these:

    Smart, Self-Balancing Hover Board

    Ask me where and I'll send you my aff link with a 20%-off coupon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9462358].message }}

Trending Topics