13 replies
Why you ask? Well, there are many reasons, but here is one of them:

2014-09-30_1445 - callenb's library
#host #hostgator #planet #web #worst
  • Profile picture of the author Ebbo
    30 minutes equals 2 hours. Am having issues with them now. The auto renewed my account when I did not have an auto renew in effect, canceled for refund over a week ago to get my money back and still no word from them. They also have it up for renewal in March and I can't get rid of that either.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9562960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Red Eagle
      Originally Posted by Ebbo View Post

      The auto renewed my account when I did not have an auto renew in effect
      Good grief man, you added your credit card info for automatic monthly payment via your billing control panel that bills you monthly, automatically. You're blaming HostGator for that? If you want to pay manually, why don't you just remove your credit card from their automatic monthly billing and pay them at your leisure?

      Want a discount? Look a little closer at your support panel and you'll see you can get a really nice discount off your monthly billing by paying in advance.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9568438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Callen
    And it gets better. I finally get someone on chat after 30 minutes and this is what sort of help I'm receiving thus far:

    2014-09-30_1523 - callenb's library

    Comical...
    Signature
    iWriter.com - The Original Content Creation Service. Now with over 350,000 active writers. Let us write or re-write your articles, eBooks, blog posts and more... for as little as $1.25! 3,711,814 articles written to date!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9563033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zcrafts
      Hostgator support is a Joke now .. best thing is move away from them, alternative web hosting provider is best option..
      Signature

      DealDomains.Net | Design your Dreams
      List of Quality Top 20 Web hosting Providers | Just to help you when you need them :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9564186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Red Eagle
    Originally Posted by Brad Callen View Post

    I finally get someone on chat after 30 minutes...
    It amazes me how often Internet marketers who appear to be knowledgable in so many ways, can't figure out some of the simplest tech issues, draw the wrong conclusions, then blame their hosting company. It appears you're using a shared hosting account... are you? That would be funny. It's obvious you haven't figured out how to get the most out of your cPanel, your email options, or your server, let alone HostGator's support system or support team.

    Brad, I've bought and used several of your products. Some I'm glad I did, some I'm glad I didn't. But, I don't recall you offering live phone support or live chat support at all, let alone within 30 minutes. Do you? Well, do you?

    Name another hosting company that meets all your lofty standards; instant support or within 30 minutes, live chat support, live phone support, plus a ticketing system with your own control panel, all for the same low price as HostGator? Be specific; shared hosting, reseller, VPS with full service support, dedicated server with full service support, and costs, average support time, etc.

    Name names. I may be using their hosting service already, or I may give them a try based on your recommendation. Personally, I'm only interested in VPS, dedicated servers, or the like. No baby accounts! Go ahead, name names, it's okay.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9565985].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brad Callen
      Originally Posted by Red Eagle View Post

      It amazes me how often Internet marketers who appear to be knowledgable in so many ways, can't figure out some of the simplest tech issues, draw the wrong conclusions, then blame their hosting company. It appears you're using a shared hosting account... are you? That would be funny. It's obvious you haven't figured out how to get the most out of your cPanel, your email options, or your server, let alone HostGator's support system or support team.

      Brad, I've bought and used several of your products. Some I'm glad I did, some I'm glad I didn't. But, I don't recall you offering live phone support or live chat support at all, let alone within 30 minutes. Do you? Well, do you?
      We use dedicated servers only.

      Please don't compare a software/digital marketing company to a web host.

      The problem was with Hostgator, as they acknowledged 45 minutes into a chat session. We have since left Hostgator and all is well.
      Signature
      iWriter.com - The Original Content Creation Service. Now with over 350,000 active writers. Let us write or re-write your articles, eBooks, blog posts and more... for as little as $1.25! 3,711,814 articles written to date!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9681055].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WireNine
        Originally Posted by Brad Callen View Post

        We use dedicated servers only.

        Please don't compare a software/digital marketing company to a web host.

        The problem was with Hostgator, as they acknowledged 45 minutes into a chat session. We have since left Hostgator and all is well.
        We have helped a lot of customers migrate off there
        Signature
        WordPress Hosting â–º FAST SSD Reliable Web Hosting Since 2004.
        Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9692248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Brad, try http://www.bigscoots.com. Been with them for 6 months or so, excellent responsive support. Not only do they fixeefixee, if you want they'll also explain how you can change options yourself if you want. Support is through chat on the site and ticket system...and they are instant in chat or at most an hour when using the ticket system. Highly recommended.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9568132].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Red Eagle
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Brad ... they fixeefixee
      Uh, we don't talk like that where I'm from. I'm pretty sure you'd get your *ss kicked if you do.

      I don't see an advantage to BigScoot's VPS or dedicated server plan, but their hybrid plan looks interesting, and it may be worth considering. Thank you for that. Still, I don't think I'd ever sign up with a host that doesn't provide phone support. Sometimes you just gotta speak to someone so you can get verbal clarification in real time, as evidenced by your 'fixeefixee', verb/adverb/transitive verb, silly word-thing(ee) comment... obviously.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9568461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    I have been with Hostdime for 12 years and I currently have 2 dedicated boxes with them now. I've been on an HD dedicated server since 2005 and many times they have went well above and beyond the call of duty for me. They have 24/7 live phone support which at times can be very, very good and of course they have support ticket system as well. In the past few years they have also added 24/7 live chat.

    US Data Center (not stock photos ) This page actually has a 5 minute video walk-through of the datacenter.

    Orlando Colocation, Data Center in Florida

    History

    Orlando Colocation, Data Colocation in Florida

    Global Operations

    International Web Hosting - U.S., Brazil, Mexico, India, UK, Colombia

    They are not afraid to put some real faces behind the company. Scroll all the way down and change the page to see more real peeps and the facility.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hostdime

    Some of the same people I dealt with back in 2002 are still with the company.

    Cheers

    -don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9568200].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Red Eagle
      Originally Posted by ForumGuru View Post

      I have been with Hostdime for 12 years and I currently have 2 dedicated boxes with them now. I've been on an HD dedicated server since 2005 and many times they have went well above and beyond the call of duty for me. They have 24/7 live phone support which at times can be very, very good and of course they have support ticket system as well. In the past few years they have also added 24/7 live chat.

      US Data Center (not stock photos ) This page actually has a 5 minute video walk-through of the datacenter.

      Orlando Colocation, Data Center in Florida

      History

      Orlando Colocation, Data Colocation in Florida

      Global Operations

      International Web Hosting - U.S., Brazil, Mexico, India, UK, Colombia

      They are not afraid to put some real faces behind the company. Scroll all the way down and change the page to see more real peeps and the facility.

      https://www.flickr.com/photos/hostdime

      Some of the same people I dealt with back in 2002 are still with the company.

      Cheers

      -don
      Attention Ladies & Gentlemen... we have a winner! If you can afford it, or you can stretch your budget to get it, go for it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9568481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Red Eagle
    Brad, you're responding to my post, after 7 weeks!? Don't draw me back into this now. It won't do either of us any good. Let's just move on. Best of luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9682643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IgniteFeed
    If you are looking for VPS then i just had a new instance up on Hostwinds - and their support is just crazy responsive. Liking them so far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9699981].message }}

Trending Topics