Snapchat saw a 50% increase in video calls and a 25% increase in Lenses usage, with much of these between close friends.
Other key insights
Because our daily routines are changed, and we're practically stuck indoors to help flatten the curve, Snapchat observed these emerging trends based on their users' responses to ads:
- Increased activity in news and financial sites.
- Increased interest in equity trading apps.
- Online shopping for athleisure, pet products, and home goods are now trending.
- Increased app usage in food delivery apps.
- 36% increase in install volume for app ads.
- 13% increase in swipe-ups.
- Increased interest in fitness & wellness.
- Increased activity interest in online meditation.
Key take here is the increased usage in food delivery apps, which is expected as restaurants shifted from for-here to to-go and kerbside service. As the lockdown goes on, so will social platform usage when people stay indoors and spend time on social media to pass the time away.
You can view the full report here.