Would you sell a working method?

59 replies
Hey All,

Quick question for anyone reading.

If you had a method/funnel that brings in thousands constantly and you are 80% sure it cannot be saturated. Would you sell it? Or coach others to do the same?

Would I be leaving myself exposed to saturation even if it was released as a higher priced product or service? Do working methods get spread quickly?

I had a WSO that spread like wildfire in blackhat forums. But it was only a small priced offer.

What are your thoughts?

Matty
#method #sell #working
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    I think it's hard to determine how something can get saturated, as there are many factors that determine something like that. But if your estimate is 80% i wouldn't have a problem with selling it if it can help other people make some money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by JensSteyaert View Post

      I think it's hard to determine how something can get saturated, as there are many factors that determine something like that. But if your estimate is 80% i wouldn't have a problem with selling it if it can help other people make some money.
      Thanks Jens,

      It's always good to get other peoples opinion on things.

      Thats the only reason I would sell it as to help others get some more freedom in their life. The method is solid and working but I always just have this thought of it being spread and becoming common knowledge.

      Matty
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    Why not? You can help people and earn some money in the process. Unless the method is ridiculously easy you don't need to worry about saturation anyways since so many people never fully go through with methods (unfortunately ).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
      Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

      Why not? You can help people and earn some money in the process. Unless the method is ridiculously easy you don't need to worry about saturation anyways since so many people never fully go through with methods (unfortunately ).
      This is exactly what I was thinking.

      If it is a method that requires 3 or more steps and requires a little initiative, at least 50% of the people who buy it will never take full advantage of it.

      I have methods that are very time-consuming, but which actually work, that I would give away for free, since most people would be put off by the amount of work involved. I no longer use those methods myself because there are much easier ways to make money.

      I have another method that is working right now, that I would not sell to anybody (unless they paid a minimum of $1,000 for it) because it is fairly easy to implement and could easily get saturated.
      Signature
      Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
      + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
      Click here now. (no opt-in required)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NK
    If I'm confident that it won't get saturated, then I would definitely consider teaching it to others. That's another income stream for me and it also helps build my reputation if the method is truly solid
    Signature

    Affiliate Link Cloaking & Tracking Software - The most powerful tool available for affiliate marketers who are sick and tired of making way too little money!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnnyPlan
    Make all the money you can from that niche and then when the passion for the niche dies down and your traffic and income starts to ebb, then sell info on it. Others will be happy to come in after the fact and pick up the crumbs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vince Rivera
    If it can help other people in any way with your product then you definitely teach it to others. I agree that many people won't actually go through the whole process. We also really can't stop those blackhat monkeys to do their thing. We all need to build a reputation and teaching proven methods will do great!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slazengeer
    Originally Posted by mattybee View Post

    I had a WSO that spread like wildfire in blackhat forums. But it was only a small priced offer.
    All the blackhat spammers never take action. They are worst victims of Shiny Object Syndrome.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author artflair
    Originally Posted by mattybee View Post

    If you had a method/funnel that brings in thousands constantly and you are 80% sure it cannot be saturated. Would you sell it? Or coach others to do the same?
    Think about this - sell coaching to a small group of people and record your webinars/presentations and then sell them as a product...
    Or sell your product first and then try to upsell private coaching for a much higher price to people that got it!
    This way you can make money twice
    Good luck!
    Art
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kilgore
      Not a chance.

      Saturation or not, if your method is any good, you should be able to make more implementing it than teaching it.

      As for all the talk about "helping people", I just don't believe it. There are far better ways to help people than getting them to pay you to fill their heads with "get rich quick" fantasies. Even if your method is legit, many people here have already pointed out that most won't profit from it.

      If you want to help people, scale your method and become a philanthropist or use your method to build a social enterprise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by kilgore View Post

        Not a chance.

        Saturation or not, if your method is any good, you should be able to make more implementing it than teaching it.

        As for all the talk about "helping people", I just don't believe it. There are far better ways to help people than getting them to pay you to fill their heads with "get rich quick" fantasies. Even if your method is legit, many people here have already pointed out that most won't profit from it.

        If you want to help people, scale your method and become a philanthropist or use your method to build a social enterprise.
        This is just not always the case
        There are many people in this World who really become hugely Successful in Life with Methods and Techniques they have developed themselves.

        As they get older, some of these people seek new challenges and sometimes challenges that do NOT necessarily mean a huge windfall of money. or just giving huge windfalls of money away

        No , some of them truly get their kicks out of helping people by teaching their knowledge and charging a little bit for it.

        Some refer to it as Enrichment. And it may have nothing to do with any financial barometer.



        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584127].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattybee
        Originally Posted by kilgore View Post

        Not a chance.

        Saturation or not, if your method is any good, you should be able to make more implementing it than teaching it.

        As for all the talk about "helping people", I just don't believe it. There are far better ways to help people than getting them to pay you to fill their heads with "get rich quick" fantasies. Even if your method is legit, many people here have already pointed out that most won't profit from it.

        If you want to help people, scale your method and become a philanthropist or use your method to build a social enterprise.
        Oh I definitely am banking from this and working less than normal too it's a high ticket offer.

        But I am not even scraping the surface of the size of the market.

        I believe some people take things and earn, my WSO had a bloke turn it into a really nice recurring income. That was worth way more to me than the small amount I earn't from the sale of the ebook.

        Interesting point of view.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marco Moeschter
    Things will get shared around in the blackhat forums anyway. Think about it another way. Even it gets shared around for free, it gets shared. If you have valuable information than people will recognise
    you later on. Also what do you think how many people in the blackhat forums will really take action on this. Not that much.

    I would sell it because it will make you money led maybe to more business (coaching) and is building your credibility.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Would I sell a working method?

      It depends. There are a few areas and methods that depend on staying under the radar, where too many people doing the exact same thing dilutes or negates the effectiveness of the method. For some, even too much awareness of the method is detrimental, even if the number actually practicing it is kept small.

      In that case, I would either keep it to myself or limit access in some way.

      If the method does not depend on staying under the radar, and would work in many markets, why not add both an income stream and some weight to your reputation?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun to Write
    If the goal is to genuinely help people become financially independent through this method, I would sell it with the knowledge that is is probably going to spread quickly. Yes, there will be more competition from those using the method, but that's the point, right?

    If the "method" is honest and really works, then it is similar to other good business models. However, the way it is executed makes all the difference to whether people have success with it or not. So, you could offer an upsell to coach people that need more guidance.

    Go with your gut on this one.
    Signature

    Focus+Smart Work+Persistence=Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Badassbro
    Imagine you've created a sales funnel you've tested, tweaked and optimized for weeks which brings in a consistent 5 figures a month in almost pure profit. Would you sell that as a $7 WSO? Me neither.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583769].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by Badassbro View Post

      Imagine you've created a sales funnel you've tested, tweaked and optimized for weeks which brings in a consistent 5 figures a month in almost pure profit. Would you sell that as a $7 WSO? Me neither.
      Yeah totally got you on this. Been working it for a fortnight and literally have to turn the campaign off as my consultation times fill up.

      Certainly would not be a 7 dollar product brother hahahaha. Would be a private coaching thing for sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dad2four
    No I wouldn't sell it. And others don't either. Every product is missing a piece of the puzzle. They all teach a method and no niche. Or a niche and no method.

    It goes against standard business practices to give your secrets away.

    If you were the Dallas cowboys and you had figured out a way to beat the St. Louis Rams area you going to pass that info along to other NFL teams? Why would you?

    Just my .02
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Badassbro View Post

      Imagine you've created a sales funnel you've tested, tweaked and optimized for weeks which brings in a consistent 5 figures a month in almost pure profit. Would you sell that as a $7 WSO? Me neither.
      I wouldn't. But I might consider it for a 7- or 8-figure product launch that sets me up for life and still lets me use the funnel until it dies.

      Originally Posted by dad2four View Post

      No I wouldn't sell it. And others don't either. Every product is missing a piece of the puzzle. They all teach a method and no niche. Or a niche and no method.

      It goes against standard business practices to give your secrets away.

      If you were the Dallas cowboys and you had figured out a way to beat the St. Louis Rams area you going to pass that info along to other NFL teams? Why would you?

      Just my .02
      NFL teams do pass along that info every week. It's called "game film". And don't be fooled - if the Cowboys coach figured out that someone beating the Rams would benefit the Cowboys, you bet they'd pass the info along.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Make all the money you can from that niche and then when the passion for the niche dies down and your traffic and income starts to ebb, then sell info on it. Others will be happy to come in after the fact and pick up the crumbs.
    What nonsense. Thanks for letting us all know what we can expect from you.

    As for all the talk about "helping people", I just don't believe it.
    It's almost as ridiculous as "Money is just a by-product."

    Imagine you've created a sales funnel you've tested, tweaked and optimized for weeks which brings in a consistent 5 figures a month in almost pure profit. Would you sell that as a $7 WSO?
    Yes, but I would probably charge $8.

    Every product is missing a piece of the puzzle.
    Not true at all. I've purchased many complete products. What most products are "missing" is someone who can implement them.

    If you were the Dallas cowboys and you had figured out a way to beat the St. Louis Rams area you going to pass that info along to other NFL teams?
    For the right price, you bet. I want the Rams to get beat.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    McDonald's and others seems to be doing alright selling all their secrets. Why didn't they just keep the secrets to themselves and open up the restaurants themselves instead of letting others do it?

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    Originally Posted by mattybee View Post

    If you had a method/funnel that brings in thousands constantly and you are 80% sure it cannot be saturated. Would you sell it? Or coach others to do the same?
    MY very first online product was a method I discovered by accident
    how to get traffic and I struggled for a time with the same question.

    I finally decided to sell the method and was glad that I did because
    there was no chances of saturation and my name got out there
    as a product owner--a big deal in those early days for credibility.


    Those customers can become loyal and repeat customers.
    Sometimes an apple shared is an apple doubled.

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583960].message }}
  • I have sold a working method and even some of the very top ROI ones. The only one I will not sell is if something is so narrow that a few more people doing it the same way will kill it and that is rare!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9583971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yao Daniel
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flesterking
    Dont share or else it will get saturated in a week. Why not make money by yourself if its working still?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cianci1129
    My two cents...

    If I knew a method that required 20 hours a week of work for 2,000 dollars a month, but could make 4,000 dollars a month selling my own training of how to use that method and only work 10 hours a week, the answer to me is obvious.

    Look at Stefan Pylarinos. He makes 8,000 a month selling kindle books, and he makes 20,000+ a month selling how product teaching you how to do it. His method works (I used it for a few months) and he's making money both implementing AND SELLING. I do NOT agree that making more selling the product than how much the product method generates means it's a bad product. That's total nonsense... if anything it means the method is so great that it's selling like hotcakes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    If you set it up right, sales of the product teaching the method could make you more than the actual implementation of the method.

    However, it really all depends on what you want.

    If you're used to flying under the radar and just making money, then think long and hard before you decide you want to deal with everything that comes with selling your own product(s).

    If you already sell products, this could be another stream of income for you.

    And as others have mentioned, probably 5-10% of your customers will actually see your method all the way through. Sad but true. Probably more like 1-2%
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    I would and do.

    First thing you've got to realize is that scary monster, "saturation" is a myth. There's always room in a market if you're doing things right. Take a look around you. Notice how many people come in here and claim they're suffering from shiny object syndrome. They buy everything that comes along and have absolutely no success with any of it.

    Surely not all of it is bad. But they jump from one horse to another looking for God only knows what. The thing is, there are really only a few business models. Everything is a variation of them. People are drawn into outdated models destined to fail by default or they don't have the savvy to follow through or they change their minds and run to something else and the list goes on and on.

    It's hard for any market to get saturated when such a tiny percentage of people with any legit plan can't or won't put it to use. Sad but true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584374].message }}
    • Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      I would and do.

      First thing you've got to realize is that scary monster, "saturation" is a myth. There's always room in a market if you're doing things right. Take a look around you. Notice how many people come in here and claim they're suffering from shiny object syndrome. They buy everything that comes along and have absolutely no success with any of it.

      Surely not all of it is bad. But they jump from one horse to another looking for God only knows what. The thing is, there are really only a few business models. Everything is a variation of them. People are drawn into outdated models destined to fail by default or they don't have the savvy to follow through or they change their minds and run to something else and the list goes on and on.

      It's hard for any market to get saturated when such a tiny percentage of people with any legit plan can't or won't put it to use. Sad but true.
      I think you hit the nail in the head @travelinguy!
      Signature
      soon people... Relax...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rawhide
    Yes and you could help me do it too.Just let me know or anyone else.
    Thanks for your time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Laura Ann
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Just woke up to this thread getting a tonne of replies.

      Thanks all for your input!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gmarklin
    If you are sure there would be no saturation, and you could continue to make you income grow with it , then sell it to others
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584606].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9584904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by 10kaday View Post

      I would keep it to my self and not worry about coaching others
      I think that is where it is heading.

      Thanks everyone for your input.

      Matty
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9585203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by mattybee View Post

    Hey All,

    Quick question for anyone reading.

    If you had a method/funnel that brings in thousands constantly and you are 80% sure it cannot be saturated. Would you sell it? Or coach others to do the same?

    Would I be leaving myself exposed to saturation even if it was released as a higher priced product or service? Do working methods get spread quickly?

    I had a WSO that spread like wildfire in blackhat forums. But it was only a small priced offer.

    What are your thoughts?

    Matty
    yes do it,

    apart from your belief it cant be saturated , you can also be sure 90% of the people you sell the training or methodology to wont do a thing with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9585861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      yes do it,

      apart from your belief it cant be saturated , you can also be sure 90% of the people you sell the training or methodology to wont do a thing with it.
      Puddy, you and I both know the figure is closer to 99.87 percent!

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9586479].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SarahL
        Interesting discussion. As others have mentioned I would sell only if I could make more money from selling the method than the method is generating itself.

        I'm talking about selling while it is still generating earnings - not when it stopped working.

        If I had well oiled sells funnel making me money on regular basis and not requiring much work any more, I would just leave it as is.

        I will however be interested in buying your method should you ever decide to sell it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9586604].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mattybee
          Originally Posted by SarahL View Post

          Interesting discussion. As others have mentioned I would sell only if I could make more money from selling the method than the method is generating itself.

          I'm talking about selling while it is still generating earnings - not when it stopped working.

          If I had well oiled sells funnel making me money on regular basis and not requiring much work any more, I would just leave it as is.

          I will however be interested in buying your method should you ever decide to sell it
          Yeah your right, a lot of conflicting opinions.

          Probably not interested in selling it as a product as such. More of a coaching offer would be best in my opinion.

          Thanks for your thoughts.

          Matty
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9587021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      yes do it,

      apart from your belief it cant be saturated , you can also be sure 90% of the people you sell the training or methodology to wont do a thing with it.
      Yes that is sad but true isn't it.

      I'd say it would be delivered in 1 on 1 training instead of selling hundreds of unites at 17 bucks haha.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9587017].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
        Originally Posted by mattybee View Post

        Yes that is sad but true isn't it.

        I'd say it would be delivered in 1 on 1 training instead of selling hundreds of unites at 17 bucks haha.
        I guess you don't want leverage.

        You can sell the product for much more than $17 if you position it properly, especially if the method is as good as you claim it to be and you can back it up with solid proof and a proven plan of action anyone can follow.
        Signature

        "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

        Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9587023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sscot
    When it finds a way to overcome the future saturation, you can sell the method today with no matter because you're step ahead.
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9586429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Forget about saturation, and quit looking for easy wins.

    I make a stack of cash with SEO, yet that market is about as "saturated" as it gets.

    Get yourself a mentor.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9587077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Overseer
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588245].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post

      Yo dawg I make fat stacks of cash with SEO. I dunno what that even means, but I make stacks of cash like Dre, dawg. Yo how bout you go get a mentor, yo. Those are like fo realz, super 'mporntint. nah what i'm saying dawg. Can't step to dis, yo. S-E-O = SERIOUSLY EASY OPPORTUNITIES. get on muh level dawg. u can''t step to dis.
      Sorry, but...HUH???
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avocado Plugins
    Basically this is what it comes down to - would you sell it when you no longer see results on your side or would you sell it while it is still working. Selling when you no longer see results is not really providing much value so might as well not sell it and if you are selling while it works then better be ready for competition.

    The thing is this though these small, quick methods are an opportunistic approach towards IM which I don't like much.

    I am all about long-term steady process that includes passion for what you are doing, combined with skills and long hours of work.

    Quick methods might be replicable but building a long-term, sustainable business no so.

    This might have not answered the question directly I know but just wanted to zoom out a little bit and give an overall perspective of what I think.

    Just my view on it.
    Signature
    Let our lean, healthy and shredded WordPress Plugins make you more money... start here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588257].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by Avocado Plugins View Post

      Basically this is what it comes down to - would you sell it when you no longer see results on your side or would you sell it while it is still working. Selling when you no longer see results is not really providing much value so might as well not sell it and if you are selling while it works then better be ready for competition.

      The thing is this though these small, quick methods are an opportunistic approach towards IM which I don't like much.

      I am all about long-term steady process that includes passion for what you are doing, combined with skills and long hours of work.

      Quick methods might be replicable but building a long-term, sustainable business no so.

      This might have not answered the question directly I know but just wanted to zoom out a little bit and give an overall perspective of what I think.

      Just my view on it.
      I agree with most of that. This method is a long term strategy for sure. I know I will be using this long term without a doubt.

      It's all about providing value for a passionate niche. Great combo.

      Thanks for your views.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kencalhn
    no - that's why I don't do WSOs or sell in the IM niche anymore; my methods produce rockstar sales for me, so i don't want my competitors learning my techniques
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    I would, yes. In fact, I do.

    I sell working methods that work for me. Does it hurt my cash flow? Not at all. When a method becomes saturated, I simply remove it. There are an almost limitless amount of moneymaking methods and, indeed, many of them cannot be saturated; the best kind.
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jgant
    Another issue is time. Are you better off investing your time in the model that makes you money or adding another business?

    It also depends how much you're making. If you're making $100,000 per month, it's doubtful you'll reach that with a product. Splitting your time may be detrimental overall.

    However if you're making $10,000 per month, you could easily make that with a product. I suspect income claims of $10k for a product would sell nearly as well as income claims as $100k per month.

    Another issue to consider is diversifying your income. Jumping into the MMO niche is a way to diversify, but it takes time away from your current business.

    I agree with you that it's not an easy decision. There are loads of successful website owners who don't bother with the MMO niche because it's not worth their time.

    Finally, ask yourself, would you enjoy creating a product and entering the MMO niche?
    Signature
    How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9588679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author razorz18
    Hi,
    I would say that its depend on you whether your comfortable selling it or not. The way I see it, try help first one person that you trust and close with and if that person a.k.a your student can get similar results, then your perfectly can sale it because you need prove it can be implemented to others also. I know maybe you disagree, I prefer this way because not only I selling proven method that can work but also helping people that just started making online business will be good role model for everyone. You can have a long terms business in this way. That my opinion only.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pauljones99
    Why do you think it can't be saturated? With IM'ing i think methods can be ruined. You might show only 20 people but they will show 20+ and so on.

    Some things cannot be ruined/saturated I agree. But if this is 100% guaranteed (that'll be a first) then keep it and scale it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pauljones99
    Agreed. The short term stuff drives you mad. Unless it is to say make a quick $3 million+. Then it's worth it.

    But the loopholes to gain a few thousand $$'s over a few months is a waste of your time.

    I am all about long-term steady process that includes passion for what you are doing, combined with skills and long hours of work.

    Quick methods might be replicable but building a long-term, sustainable business no so.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589550].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Originally Posted by pauljones99 View Post

      Agreed. The short term stuff drives you mad. Unless it is to say make a quick $3 million+. Then it's worth it.

      But the loopholes to gain a few thousand $$'s over a few months is a waste of your time.
      100% agree. But only if you are providing value.

      There are tonnes of launches that are less than great.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pauljones99
    Well, it's hugely lucrative. But can be a pain in the **** as well. If you do, hire customer support and don't get involved with those headaches.

    It's not for me either.

    I agree with you that it's not an easy decision. There are loads of successful website owners who don't bother with the MMO niche because it's not worth their time.

    Finally, ask yourself, would you enjoy creating a product and entering the MMO niche?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    I see this thread getting a little off-track. So...

    I'd like to address something: Fear.

    You have a working method. It earns you maybe 200 bucks a day. Not a great method, then, but hey - 200 bucks is 200 bucks. You get up one morning and stumble over to WF, sucking down your first coffee of the day, sucking on a cigarette, yawning profusely, and scanning the threads for anything interesting. Ah - here's one. A chap from Wallace, Idaho. He works 6 days a week in a job he hates and has written an impassioned plea for help.

    Question: Do you give him 200 bucks a day or do you keep quiet?

    Answer: You help the chap out.

    And here's why...

    Some methods will get saturated (it's one of the reasons why we have private forum access); some methods won't. Both are irrelevant, though. You help him because you're a decent human being and, if you can earn even $6,000 a month from one method, you're smart enough to have other methods, and even if you don't right now, you can figure other methods out. But wait - what if you DO give him the goods and it gets saturated and you're left high and dry and without a way to turn a buck. If that's the case - you're in the wrong business. As long as people have money, as long as they want to buy things, you can make money. There will always be ways to make a buck. But the newbie needs to learn that and the only way he will learn is by staying in the game long enough to do so. And he won't hang around if he can't - you guessed it - turn a buck.

    The only time I'm reluctant to reveal a system is when I either have that system all prepared for my members or when I'm in the process of doing so. I'm in contact with a lot of newbies and on the whole, just like people from all walks of life, they're nice people. Helping them out really is the right thing to do. Some of you really have no idea what a difference a little piece of information makes in a life. Sometimes, it's the difference between worrying about feeding your family and not only feeding them but giving them vacations and a nice home. Sometimes those few paragraphs you lay down on WF, or wherever, make a big difference.

    I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. That's fine. You'll be part of the majority if you do. But I hope some of you will be encouraged to be more altruistic. I speak to a lot of newbies, day in, day out, and even if you're willing to give them a push in the right direction, it can change lives.

    GRM

    P.S: Perhaps the only criticism I have of this forum is the difficulty that arises when you want to share working methods. I've tried it before and the threads are deleted. I consider myself pretty smart, but for the life of me I can only guess as to why this may be. What I do, instead, is try to give tips within already existing threads. Those tend to stick.
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Get Rich Methods View Post

      P.S: Perhaps the only criticism I have of this forum is the difficulty that arises when you want to share working methods. I've tried it before and the threads are deleted. I consider myself pretty smart, but for the life of me I can only guess as to why this may be. What I do, instead, is try to give tips within already existing threads. Those tend to stick.
      At the risk of going even further off track, one reason you have trouble getting some threads to stick is that a lot of people try to use that tack as a disguised ad. The unfortunate side effect is that some legit threads get caught in the net.

      The mods don't have time to figure out who's offering real value and who's trying to put one over, so they land on the side of caution.

      And even if they could filter out the crap and leave the good stuff, the forum lawyer types would make their lives miserable with "why did you delete me and not him" questions. I think that's one reason so many prefer anonymity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589725].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        At the risk of going even further off track, one reason you have trouble getting some threads to stick is that a lot of people try to use that tack as a disguised ad. The unfortunate side effect is that some legit threads get caught in the net.

        The mods don't have time to figure out who's offering real value and who's trying to put one over, so they land on the side of caution.

        And even if they could filter out the crap and leave the good stuff, the forum lawyer types would make their lives miserable with "why did you delete me and not him" questions. I think that's one reason so many prefer anonymity.
        Totally agree, John.

        Whenever it happens, these are the top 3 reasons that run through my mind:

        - Mods assumed it was self-promotional;
        - The method was being shared in the War Room;
        - Traffic leak.

        As I'm sure you know, since I've had more than my fair share of "Thanks" on my posts from you, the first potential reason does not apply in my case. I use a signature here because, after 20 years, it's in my nature and would be bad business not to use one. But I don't - and never will - rely on WF for traffic. I move a lot of traffic and that received from WF is not even a blip on the radar.

        As always, John, you make excellent points, and I'm sure your insights are totally on the money.
        Signature

        I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589739].message }}
  • A lot of us on here in the WSO section do so all the time.

    It's not like I'm worried about people doing it. First of all, we don't all target the same markets or the same products, so it really doesn't matter whether I share what I am making money from.

    Besides, being able to have others look at me as a professional who creates reliable products is great for being the leader in the field.

    A lot of people continue to try my WSOs because they know I give solid content that is worth their money and has worked for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9589837].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattybee
      Do you think that hurts your brand a little thou? Does it pay to be an expert in one field or an expert in many?

      Just a thought, when I go to the gym I pay my trainer to help with my weight training. I certainly would not ask him to do my taxes, or concrete my drive way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcbradley
    Hey Matty, SEnt you a message in regard to this, hope you were able to get it. Thanks,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9722680].message }}

Trending Topics