Does my site approach look reasonable for conversions (videos, sales content, etc)?

8 replies
I launched a micro-niche site recently (the niche is bodybuilding - muscle building for slim guys 18 - 32).

However I am not well up on marketing and I'm not fully sure if my approach is adequate for getting decent conversions - essentially I turned all my articles into "mini sales pages" and I am planning on making a more substantial landing page soon.

My site

Any opinions appreciated.

- Regards.
#approach #content #conversions #convert #reasonable #sales #site #videos
  • Profile picture of the author Josh Mayers
    Originally Posted by FitnessPro View Post

    I launched a micro-niche site recently (the niche is bodybuilding - muscle building for slim guys 18 - 32).

    However I am not well up on marketing and I'm not fully sure if my approach is adequate for getting decent conversions - essentially I turned all my articles into "mini sales pages" and I am planning on making a more substantial landing page soon.

    My site

    Any opinions appreciated.

    - Regards.
    *********************************************

    Hey FitnessPro,

    I think you have an awesome website man!

    It's really well put together, engaging, and with a lot of good quality content!

    Plus, the pop-up opt in box is a great idea, and it's effective! Because your site is really professional, it will definitely get your visitors attention, which will make them enter their email.

    Even if they don't convert, you have their email so that you can market similar products to them in the future, so it's still a win!

    I believe you should have no problems with generating conversions though!

    Just my two cents, but I hope this helps!

    -Josh
    Signature
    Learn How To Travel The World And Make $10K/Month With A Simple, $20 Business...
    ~ www.LimitlessLivingEnterprises.com ~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9607998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nuworld
    It's good to have the articles value based and then lead in to the pitch smoothly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9608017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author keLee
      Originally Posted by nuworld View Post

      It's good to have the articles value based and then lead in to the pitch smoothly.
      I agree with this. You can't try to sell your readers on every single article. You should give the readers high quality posts (and not just about yourself!) first to warm them up before selling to them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9608256].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FitnessPro
        Originally Posted by keLee View Post

        I agree with this. You can't try to sell your readers on every single article. You should give the readers high quality posts (and not just about yourself!) first to warm them up before selling to them.
        Yeah believe me I thought about this but then I thought that many of my readers will never be back again and I may only have one shot to "come on strong". But I am going to launch a few more "normal articles" and sprinkle them in.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9609086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Triplescan
    The idea with the pop-up newsletter is really nice and the fact that you post photos with you and that you brand your image in that way is also very good for business. But the visual part of your articles is similar to those advertisements on "how to lose weight" that usually are nothing but some cheap tricks. You could try to keep it more simple and minimal for a more professional impression. Best of luck!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9608580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      The overall package is there. Its the "small things" that are in the way right now. Centering the video on the page, bolding the page titles etc. Its just those fine tune tweeks that will make it that much more presentable.
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9609045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FitnessPro
      Originally Posted by Triplescan View Post

      The idea with the pop-up newsletter is really nice and the fact that you post photos with you and that you brand your image in that way is also very good for business. But the visual part of your articles is similar to those advertisements on "how to lose weight" that usually are nothing but some cheap tricks. You could try to keep it more simple and minimal for a more professional impression. Best of luck!
      I totally agree, they look tacky at a glance, but from everything I have learned with regard to conversions / landing pages / evoking actions.. they're the final result.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9609093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Your website has the makings of a great site that will convert visitors to paid visitors. However, it just needs a few major adjustments to the layout and more of the "follow me" approach to convince visitors that they can build their body by following "you" and "your" methods.

    There are two major emphasis of the site and the first will always be about "your visitors" and what they can take away from the site. The second major emphasis will always be about what "you" will do for the visitor. In online marketing, in your niche, always "focus" the website content on "your visitor" and the "follow me" method of marketing to your visitors.

    Example:
    Question. How do you convince visitors that your product will work for them?

    Answer. "Testimonials" from visitors that "Follow you".

    Solution: Move the testimonials to the front page.

    Results. Your visitor is convinced or at least interested in following you.

    When the site is laid out right there will be better conversions. Also, visitor interaction is important and a small forum is a good start towards visitor interaction. People that "follow you" can share their success which convinces other people to follow you.

    The main thing, your niche, is to give the visitor what they want and convince them that they can achieve what they want to be by following you. A few videos of you working out with other beginners goes a long way.

    Best of luck,
    Jeffery 100% :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9609400].message }}

Trending Topics