Why do so many people fail?

45 replies
Hey there Warriors,

I don't know about this, but I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

(of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

What is your opinion on this?

Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
#fail #internet marketing #people
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I see it this way:

    Most people who fail online have bad "mentors" who teach things that don't make sense today and don't work.

    For example, most "gurus" teach article marketing in the make money online niche. They know that today, article marketing is not the way to go. But they teach it anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author suggs
      I think a lot of people fail to become "successful" because they don't realise the amount of work thats actually needed to be successful and quickly move from one thing to another and don't give methods enough time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cianci1129
    I think a good amount fail because they realize that a great deal of work actually has to go into doing this, and the sales copy they read that said "set and forget" required a lot more than pressing a magic button like they thought. So this weeds out, probably, around 30-40% (I'm pulling that number out of thin air)

    Additionally, those who go the coach route can encounter three types of coaches: One who is essentially a scammer, another who "teaches" vague references of how to make money online that are not actionable but "arguably, you can use the vague info to eventually see success yada yada", and those who actually tell you "step one do exactly this, when you're done, do exactly step 2, etc..."

    Those who had the scammer or the vague reference coach are discouraged and view the whole thing as a "sham", and give up. Another XX%, no estimate here.

    And the rest just relentlessly keep trying. I'm a firm believer that if you keep trying you will see success, regardless of how long it may take...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pedro Lopes
    They simply chose to.
    Failing is part of success, it is never finite unless you make it so.

    Cheers!
    -Pedro
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author victorfrancis
    Each failure makes you closer to success. Success is not about what you get in the end, but what you become in the process of getting what you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Often people who need money, a job, a career are attracted to Internet Marketing because the barriers to entry are very low and the promises about easy and fast money are everywhere.

      These same people that believe in easy money are probably the ones who are least likely to be cut out for business creation and ownership. They are attracted to the hyped up lifestyle and figure this is what they want to do for a lifetime.

      Soon enough they find out that IM is not easy and not what they expected. Work, savvy, restraint, sacrifice and sustained effort are needed to become a success and many newcomers don't have what it takes. They aren't immediately successful so they move on to the next easy thing.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

    (of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

    What is your opinion on this?
    I think it's very substantially true.

    My belief that getting involved with IM-related niches, especially for "newbies", is a hugely common cause of failure, has gradually but inexorably become stronger and stronger throughout the whole of the last 6 years.

    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
    One of the difficulties in discussing this is that "plain facts" are always going to terribly thin on the ground, because there's no way of collating/analysing the information.

    There are doubtless statistics which could be very interesting, but there isn't really a way of working them out, because the information on which they're based isn't collated, isn't verified, and isn't even too easily "subjectively assessable": in the places where one would look for "information" (such as this forum), the "information" available is all self-selected in the sense that it tends to be more the successful people who hang around and post for years, while there's an unmeasurable turnover of other (mostly less successful?) members arriving and departing, their places constantly being taken by other "generations" of internet marketers repeating all their widespread mistakes. (And I can't even prove that.)

    However, it does stand to reason, in my opinion, that anything involving or approaching "teaching internet marketing" (whether formally, per se, or just implicitly, for example by having a blog which advises people about it and makes affiliate recommendations) is likely to stack the deck very firmly against the "average person".

    The thing of which doing that makes sure is that they'll be competing for the same traffic against some of the world's most successful, most experienced, most professional and best-funded marketers.

    That, together with the visibility of their lack of experience, is hardly going to tilt the balance in their favor, is it?

    Three other highly relevant factors in this regard:

    (i) It seems to me that a lot of people don't quite appreciate how difficult it is to earn affiliate commissions from ClickBank by promoting IM-related products. It's one of those "terribly obvious, once you see it" things: those are products whose target audiences include substantial numbers of people who are themselves already ClickBank affiliates in their own right, so they naturally buy those products through their own hoplinks (since ClickBank allows this) rather than through the hoplinks of the "referring affiliates" who therefore tend to lose their commissions.

    (ii) Many people fall into the trap of imagining (and even repeating here!) that "big, competitive markets" are a good thing, because "that's where the money is". Again, the misguidedness of this perspective is easily understood once you "get the point", but it's a point which is "harder to get" than the one mentioned in the paragraph above. The reality, of course, is that a "niche"/"market" with $1,000,000 turnover and 10,000 marketers is going to be a far harder one in which to turn a profit than a "niche"/"market" with $100,000 turnover and 100 marketers. The mistake people so frequently make, in this context, lies in looking only at "market size", rather than at the proportionality between "market size" and "competing marketers". This mistaken premise leads people to some seriously bizarre conclusions: for example, people here regularly and openly advise beginners to stick to the so-called "big niches" like weight-loss, fitness, dating, MMO and so on, when the reality is that - for most of them, most of the time - they'd have something between 10 and 100 times the chance of making some real money in niches like grape-growing and home wine-making (a very good niche, by the way). I've said a lot more about this in Post #3 of this thread and other posts linked to inside that one. It's all relevant in this context because "IM-related niches" are a very common example of what we're talking about, here.

    (iii) A large proportion of the "teaching materials" widely available (I'm not talking specifically about WSO's, though I'm afraid they're one example of the genre) are full of a weird mixture of (a) factual misinformation, (b) mistaken arguments based on misguided premises, and (c) seriously out-of-date stuff. This has come about, it seems to me, mostly because it's far easier for their authors/creators to make some money, themselves, by selling this nonsense to beginners than it ever would be by trying to apply its content themselves. Again, this is specifically relevant in this context because "getting involved in IM-related niches" is exactly what so many of them teach.

    The sad but inescapable reality is that there's very little quality control of "internet information", and the erroneous beliefs and teachings of the famous Urban Myth School of Internet Marketing are very widely promoted, promulgated and perpetuated.

    Just the skepchick perspective, you understand.


    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625536].message }}
  • Here's why,

    It's hard and complicated and takes work, risk and investment.

    Now go to the WSO and show me one WSO that says: It's hard and complicated and takes work, risk and investment. NONE!

    What do the WSO's hype? IT'S EASY, AND IT'S NOT COMPLICATED, AND IT DOESN'T TAKE ANY WORK, THERE IS NO RISK OR INVESTMENT!

    If people heard the truth and not the hype MORE WOULD MAKE AND LESS WOULD FAIL!

    That's my 2 cents!
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625648].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gijsbertus
      Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

      Here's why,

      It's hard and complicated and takes work, risk and investment.

      Now go to the WSO and show me one WSO that says: It's hard and complicated and takes work, risk and investment. NONE!

      What do the WSO's hype? IT'S EASY, AND IT'S NOT COMPLICATED, AND IT DOESN'T TAKE ANY WORK, THERE IS NO RISK OR INVESTMENT!

      If people heard the truth and not the hype MORE WOULD MAKE AND LESS WOULD FAIL!

      That's my 2 cents!
      Exactely, and that is why people quit, period.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    Hey there Warriors,

    I don't know about this, but I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

    (of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

    What is your opinion on this?

    Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
    Hey karlstech,

    I will tell you ONE huge reason why so many IMers fail in the MMO niche and it is this :
    It's the very FIRST IM endeavor that they enter. I spent well over 5 years in Online Marketing involved in many niches including Weight Loss and Language niches before I dare to even step foot in MMO and IM
    niche.

    Hell, you have people today trying to teach Internet Marketing who cannot tell you the difference between SEO and PPC. And others who do not know the difference between Article Marketing and Article Directory Marketing

    Get your feet wet in Non- IM niches before you get into MMO niche.


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    Hey there Warriors,

    I don't know about this, but I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

    (of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

    What is your opinion on this?

    Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
    Want the blunt truth? Its normally one of these reasons:

    1) Lack of focus
    2) Lack of action
    3) Lack of long term thinking

    Basically they fail because they are failures.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9625713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by brutecky View Post

      Want the blunt truth? Its normally one of these reasons:

      1) Lack of focus
      2) Lack of action
      3) Lack of long term thinking

      Basically they fail because they are failures.
      I agree with 1,2,3

      however people do not fail because they are failures, they lack the knowledge and understanding, and complexities that it takes to own a business.

      When I first started i gave up, Soon I realised that you did have to work hard at this, you did have to build lists, you did have to pay for traffic, you did have to stay up till the late hours to build things until things snowball.

      IN totally, people give up right before things take off. Its alot of testing, and getting good at emails, email copy, PPC, traffic generation, headline testing, PHEW, its a mouthful, however people do not realise, it is not hard, stuff, just have to work hard and smart.

      Some of the big marketers have very bad stories, and they have to sacrifice alot to get where they are. I mean seriously if this online stuff was so easy, everyone would quit their jobs and do its.

      Again it comes down to how hard you work, and your dedication to test stuff. ONce you find what works, ie. list building and paid traffic, then you are golden, however it might take you 1 month to figure this out, or 3 years....but in total, its how big 6 figure businesss are being built as you read this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    I see it this way:
    I AGREE 100% PERCENT.

    Most people who fail online have bad "mentors" who teach things that don't make sense today and don't work.

    For example, most "gurus" teach article marketing in the make money online niche. They know that today, article marketing is not the way to go. But they teach it anyway.
    ================
    LEARN LIST BUILDING AND FROGET EVERYTHING ELSE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    1) Lack of focus
    2) Lack of action
    3) Lack of long term thinking
    4) Lack of Original thinking
    5) Lack of intestinal fortitude

    If people heard the truth and not the hype MORE WOULD MAKE AND LESS WOULD FAIL!
    Not true at all. They would still fail, for all the reasons listed above.

    The people who succeed learn to tell the truth from the B.S. The ones who fail will always blame it on something besides themselves.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aishaaiyana
    Many people fail in the IM section, because when they first come in this section, they may have not enough knowledge. They do not know what they need to do & what they are doing. On the other hand they need to take a long time thinking. not a short time plan.
    Signature

    Happy mood

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...highlight=fail
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris-
    The plain facts are that many "IM methods" simply do not work as described. So a newbie who believes the hype and assumes that the "IM methods" they buy will give the results that they advertise, will get disapointment and anger when they follow the methods exactly and make a loss.

    Some newbies might quit entirely after one or more experiences like that. Others might start to see that although some "IM methods" are not real IM methods, they are still learning a few things from each one they buy. At some point, they will have either learned enough different bits that do work, from the "IM methods" they have bought, so they can see how to make a method work for themselves, or they will have found one of the IM methods which really do work as specified (and there certainly are some).

    I'd recommend that every newbie trying to learn IM, treat all "IM methods" as learning experiences and do not expect the results that are advertised. That way they will get something positive out of each (even if it's what NOT to do), and at some point be able to make a profit in IM if they keep learning.

    Chris
    Signature
    HUGE Affiliate Opportunity! High quality online business course, by a proven 7-figure expert, sold by webinar.
    $297, 50% commission, paid in as little as 3 days. - Full details: Click here for our Partner JV Page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SDsurfer
    From what I've experienced, it's 3 things.

    1-- People don't take action. They think they want to take action. They purchase a WSO. They skim through it. They may even read it and pay attention. Then it sits on the shelf, they forget about it, and then 6 months later they get it out, look it over, and forget it again.

    2-- People that do start taking action realize REAL FAST how much actual slogging there is in internet marketing. To do it right, you don't just make money fast (like half the WSOs promise). You have to put in a long, hard slog that yes, will pay off one day, but will NOT pay off while you're busting your butt day after day.

    3-- Most people get confused. I know this was HUGE for me. Even on a forum like this (let alone the thousands of marketing messages you'll get it you go to Google or YouTube), there are so many options that it's almost impossible to know where to start. Niche marketing? Ebay? CPA? Shiny object syndrome takes over and BAM, before you know it, you've wasted all your time and money and have nothing to show for it.
    Signature
    Internet Marketing Professional because I just want to SURF. http://32solo.co/warrior
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IvoryPearl
    I have heard that internet marketing is one of the most difficult businesses. Lack of following a proven system may account for a lot of the failure. Giving up too soon and jetting off to hunt down another rabbit is also one of the reasons of a high number of failures in this business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9626988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Here is my take on failure in the MMO niche. People enter this niche simply because there is money to be made in making money online. forget the fact that someone just starting out has no clue what that looks like, or has an EXPERIENCE in making this happen.

      That percentage of people that start IM and get everything right, they get the domain, the create the squeeze page they get the traffic they sell the product and the develop a list... headed in the right direction right? I honestly don't think so.

      What does a beginner have to offer a list? Chances are probably better than good that the beginner Marketer didn't even buy the product they are selling.

      Sure there is the failure in the mechanics of getting to the point of making a sale. Sure there is failure of not following through or trying hard enough. But I question the very fact that they are trying to sell a concept or a product that they themselves are struggling with.

      How many times have we seen titles like "How do I get traffic?" and they have a link in their sig "Get 1000 hits to your site in 30 minutes" or "I have 4,000,000 visitors to my site ever hour and I cant get any sales" and in their sig "How to make $100,000 in a week click here" Its just STUPID.

      So what separates a successful marketer from an unsuccessful one? EXPERIENCE. If you are NEW to internet marketing DONT sell a product that promises to get your clients rich in 30 days UNLESS you did just that. DONT sell a product unless you have BOUGHT it, TRIED it, and SUCCEEDED using it.

      Look at this very thread... look at those of us that are successful. Yes, there will be some here that venture into the MMO niche, but I would venture to say that MOST of us do not.
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author collison
    There is no real difference between an "internet business" and a normal offline business. I prefer to call it an “internet business” in this this context, because to succeed at it you must understand business at a conceptual level. Having the ability to understand the key drivers behind any business, what is really happening? what factors are really at play?

    An internet business is just a small microcosm of a conventional offline business. i.e to be successful you must understand your marketing channels: email, PPC , content marketing etc and how they interrelate, You must understand using data to get what you want, your competitive environment, copywriting, testing, research, psychology, your target market, these are just few examples there thousands of others.

    You can do all this and still fail if your business judgments are poor. But you have a far better chance of succeeding if you understand what you are doing.

    All these elements are variables which interrelate and inform your business model. Because everything is connected, It is no good just learning one simple tactic in isolation, i.e ”list building” and taking "massive action" you will fail. How many people are prepared to go through the process of doing all this work?
    Signature

    viva business

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dee4d
    I believe it's because of lack of passion, proper mentoring, focus, consistency and SOS. They may also be overloaded by so many things, so they will never follow up on a specific task. IM should be a passion, not a moneymaking venture.
    Signature
    Stay Healthy all your Life, and Avoid Lifesty Diseases Later in Life. Enjoy life to the fullest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Malteaser
    Personally I find that people fail because they do not train their mind to be superior... without the power of belief YOU CANNOT achieve anything! This is the number one reason in my opinion.

    Secondly, people want money overnight and only focus on a sale instead of helping people. Ironically the more value and help you provide, the more money follows because people align themselves with you as someone they want to work with.

    Last but not least, people are not taught the right way of doing things, in other words, they do not find a suitable mentor... you literally have the 'blind leading the blind' scenario!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OnTheRun
    Failing is only normal, it's part of having success later.
    There are 2 types of failures, IMO, thos who fail and give up and those who fail and learn from their mistakes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JagSEO
    It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice. And of course the loneliness that accompanies with it especially if you are a one man show.

    There are lots of failures and frustrations along the way but you have to stick to your plan and have a high hope because someday things will get better.
    Signature
    Hooked To Success -Personal development For People Who Wants Success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cholroyd
      The main reason people fail is that so many people are looking for a quick buck and not working on trying to build a business and branding yourself,

      You first need to build a relationship with your customers, not sell to them.
      if you work on building your brand you will acheve much better results.

      Most Important you MUST have a Primary business!

      Your Primary business! is the One thing that you do Always Regardless of everything else!

      In other words, you are comited to your Primary business!,

      lock, stock and barrel, You are Sold on it, period Everyone whom you come in contact with must know it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9627297].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Souhail
        It's a combination of things. The below list is not exhausitive but covers the biggest reasons I believe:

        1. Information Overload - there is so much information out there on how to make money online, people get confused, start spinning their wheels and become "consumers" of info-product after info-product.

        They are now on many "guru"/marketers email lists and spend their days looking at opportunity after opportunity, one free webinar after another, but have nothing to show for all the time they have invested in building an online business.

        2. Paralysis by Analysis. They get into a state of paralysys by analysis. They start doing something, but the following week, the next shiny object comes along promising the world, and the cycle continues. Before you know it, 1 year, 2 years, heck 5 years have passed and they're still at square one.

        3. Focus - People are not able to focus on and master one thing before moving on to the next. They end up working on 5 seperate projects and then wonder why they are not seeing any results.

        4. Taking Action - or not taking the right actions to build a successful business. Taking action means you need to become a Producer instead of being a consumer, and focus on money making activities.

        5. Not focusing on the fundamentals - My belief is that there are just a handful of essentials you need to work on to have a successful online business.

        These are:

        - Offers (your own or as an affiliate)
        - Get Traffic
        - Build Email List, and
        - Conversion.

        Most people are hypnotised to believe that the latest SEO or Social media fad will make them millionaires overnight, instead of focusing on the items listed above.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Angshuman Dutta
    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    Hey there Warriors,

    I don't know about this, but I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

    (of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

    What is your opinion on this?

    Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
    I don't think people fail. They just grow strong by learning lessons. When in the hands of a "Guru", they expect to be spoonfed only to realize later that the stuff "food poisoned" them.

    Not all teachers/WSOs or produts are bad though. Its just that there's always a learning curve in everything. Owning the book alone doesn't make you top in calss - you have to read it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Sarlo
    Maybe because they use "money formulas" instead of building a real business online. Affiliate marketing, cpa, all that stuff, adsense are all formulas to make some money. Formulas fade away, change, etc.

    A real business, how many people try to do that? Not many. Heck people talk about having a blog+adsense as if it's a business. I'm talking about having a company, your own products, affiliates, services, etc.

    Takes more time to build a real business, much like an offline business, but it will become something solid, stable and able to grow if done right. On this forum so far I only hear ppl talking about affiliate+blogs, CPA, having a blog, or cranking out mini sites in volume and other formulas. Probably that's what screws you up the idea that you can do something that looks quick & easy (a formula), like CPA+traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manannan
    You have to fail to fail its all part of it. But its the people who fail and dont learn from it who will never make it.

    Manannan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628508].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author collison
    It's because the entry barriers are low or on existent,( anyone can call themselves an internet marketer or guru)and it takes hard work. In the US potentially you could have 20 million internet marketers if they were so inclined.

    For example the failure rate for medical doctors is around 5% because the entry barriers are so high, and the training is very rigorous 8 years at 50 hours a week, total around of 20,000 hours. If someone studied internet marketing for 20,000 hours they would probably succeed. However a complicating factor is risk which a medical doctor will not face, you have to able to understand risk and face risk. So even studying for 20,000 hours will not necessarily enough to succeed if you take bad risks , or you make poor business judgments.


    But the process of learning internet marketing is largely a process of failing, and understanding why you have failed. The great thing is failure is not fatal! you can fail as many times as you wish. By doing and failing you will be learning, if a person has a mindset that can cope with this tough process , they will eventually succeed. Do not keep taking "massive action", and failing, but instead learn take small actions fail, and learn, then take small actions fail and learn.
    Signature

    viva business

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by collison View Post

      8 years at 50 hours a week, total around of 2,000 hours. If someone studied internet marketing for 2,000 hours
      Must be "new math", I guess: when I left school, 8 years at 50 hours per week was nearer 20,000 hours than 2,000.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628556].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author collison
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Must be "new math", I guess: when I left school, 8 years at 50 hours per week was nearer 20,000 hours than 2,000.

        .
        You know how to do arithmetic?
        Signature

        viva business

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ericando12
    Lack of FOCUS And Strategy Plan.
    Signature

    Click here to find how to drive Unlimited FREE Traffic on YouTube. Watch This Live Demo

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by karlstech View Post

    Hey there Warriors,

    I don't know about this, but I keep hearing that many people fail to succeed in the internet marketing niche/market/whatever you want to call it

    (of course I'm not talking about internet marketing in general, just the market of teaching people internet marketing, hope you understand)

    What is your opinion on this?

    Would love to hear some thoughts and speculations, or plain facts!
    People fail for alot of reasons. Such as:

    1) Not following a "guru" or "book" advice

    2) Reading and understanding, but not applying

    3) Being a lazy dog

    4) Not investing in alot of advertising

    5) Attached to product or niche

    6) No market affinity

    7) "Hiring" mentors for free

    8) Changing something that works

    9) Not being patient.... wanting $5,000/month within 5 months

    10) Do you need me to go on?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    I've failed numerous times but I never ran away from it. Each failure lead to something great .
    Signature

    RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dustinhuba
    Ive been in this for months and haven't made a single dollar yet but i still don't give up.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Dustinhuba View Post

      Ive been in this for months and haven't made a single dollar yet
      I promise I don't mean this rudely, but in that case why is your sig-file offering to teach others how to make money?

      The reason I ask is that it seems rather likely that that's your whole problem?

      Starting out in a niche that's part of "Making Money Online" is the single commonest mistake that aspiring marketers make, and the most common reason for "not having made a single dollar yet".

      All you're making certain of, by starting out that way, is that you'll be competing for the same traffic against some of the world's most successful, most experienced, most profitable and best-funded marketers: who's likely to win that contest?

      You'd probably be something between 10 and 100 times as likely to start earning a few dollars in a more appropriate niche (such as grape-growing and home wine-marking, for example. I don't mean it just metaphorically: that's a very good niche, if it interests you, of course. If it doesn't, there are 500 others which might. As long as you keep away from "MMO niches" and "IM niches").

      See if post #3 of this fine thread and the other links inside it interest/help you?

      Bottom line: it's not mostly about "taking action" - you're already doing that and it isn't working, and it hasn't been working for "months", you say. It's about "setting off in the right direction". You didn't do that.

      Good luck!


      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628901].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9628983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver13
    Success is a long, long process. One of its missions, is to fail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9629138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author knyght
      Even if a person is motivated, passionate, and driven "Information Overload" can keep a person spinning in place and stuck from moving forward.

      The Rich Schefren diagram illustrates the sheer complexity of Internet Marketing and it is "easy" to see how it can overwhelm the beginner.

      To add on to this the beginner is deluged with contradictory information about what is important and "essential" to be successful. You need to be doing SEO (on page and off page), backlinking, build an authority site, social marketing, FB ads, Bing PPC, product creation, JV launches, webinars, OTOs, backends, YouTube, commenting on forums like WarriorForum, and it goes on and on.

      So what is the sequence all you experts out there recommend?

      Build an email list through solo ads? And then churn and burn? Push and promote products that you have don't have the foggiest idea about because you are promoting a different product or service every day - maybe two or three a day.

      Push affiliate products without having a website? Bombard the list with emails and push garbage so you can move up the leaderboard?

      Promote affiliate products by marketing on YouTube?

      Create your own product?

      Do a WSO to build the list?

      Do webinars? Do hangouts?

      It's kinda hard to take action when you don't know what to do and where to start.

      I can guarantee that I would get so many different answers on what to do and how to get started.

      Does the rant reflect the poster? Probably

      Thou protests too much, methinks. Not making excuses, not quitting, just trying to figure it out so that I can take the action that so many on this thread are advocating.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9629344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author svetod
    If you think you can or you think you can't, you're most probably right.

    That's where it all starts

    Cheers

    Svetlin
    Signature
    Want To Know How I Make Money Online? Read my story http://affiliate-lifestyle.com/
    Follow me on Instagram for Daily Inspiration & Free Tips: svetlintodd
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9629185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SpaceSerbian
    1. They are dumb
    2. Ther are lazy
    3. Both of the above
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9629202].message }}

Trending Topics