In this post I want share my idea about one of the way how to find your niche. Unfortunately dress count and total amount mentioned in topic title were not done by me. You want ask me where I took this data? I have a simple affiliate site that represents products(dresses, shoes, accessories, etc) from popular e-commerce US sites. Twice a week I compare prices and product statuses ('in stock' or 'out of stock') and if there are difference I log this change in my database. So, by this way I collect interesting information that I think it could be useful - it is some kind of niche research.
Here more detailed information about dresses success.
- domain created on 1999 (I think it's not fair to show domain)
- target United States(Dallas), 95% female visitors
- women's dresses and clothes - skirts, jackets, tops
- 36000 pages indexed by Google
Dress sales mini-report October 2014:
- 1190 dresses were sold
- gross $88201
- min price for dress $39.95
- max price for dress $199.95
- avg price for dress $74,11
- total dresses in stock 5301
- type of dresses: knit dress, maxi dress, cotton dress. For all events except wedding.
I am interesting in your opinion does such mini-reports would be useful for you? I can do similar reports in shoes, accessories and other niches..