Reminder: It is a numbers game

13 replies
Remember that one of the main reason you will succeed is you will reach out to a large enough number of people that buy. In some cases, 1 in 10 will buy something from you or click on a link that pays you. Sometimes it is 1 in 1000. But if you tell enough people, a percentage of them will act.

So often people think they worked hard getting 100 views per day to their page. Let me tell you, give me a phone or an email address, and I'll easily tell 100 people in a matter of hours. But that won't be enough. However, if I consistently tell 100 people every day, the magic starts to happen.

Obviously, you need something reasonably legit to sell, but I've seen plenty of people make money or below average products/services.
#game #numbers #reminder
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    You raise a great point that will help the newcomers.

    Throw enough you-know-what at the wall and some will stick; the better you get at it, the more will stick. There really is no need to get discouraged at times. The solution is just get chucking more you-know-what! An over-simplification, but true nonetheless.

    GRM
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9671750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Jacoby
      I agree...when you get even the tiniest percentage of people to respond, it can mean huge success when the pool is so big. You're only limited by the internet's reach.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9671996].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AlbertDax
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JakeStatler
    To be honest with you, I had my breakthrough when I realized one thing..

    I would rather have 50 targeted visitors per day than 5,000 random visitors per day to any of my training programs that I run personally. I was having trouble getting conversions with people viewing my offers and then I made a switch to start getting targeted traffic on a platform where my buyers were already looking for my products and I immediately began getting conversions.

    Remember, you wanted targeted traffic, not just high volume traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672011].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eric w
      Jake makes the best point. You can throw snow at a billion eskimos and none of them will buy.

      Throwing anything at non targeted traffic and expecting an eventual sale is contrary to IM success.

      Always target your market. Put offers in front of a market that has proven that they want what you're selling...now that's IM.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672082].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BizMath
        Originally Posted by eric w View Post

        Jake makes the best point. You can throw snow at a billion eskimos and none of them will buy.

        Throwing anything at non targeted traffic and expecting an eventual sale is contrary to IM success.

        Always target your market. Put offers in front of a market that has proven that they want what you're selling...now that's IM.
        Great marketer creates a market where? there's no a market
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673138].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    There are two phrases I used to teach my teams of telemarketers.
    "Every no brings you closer to a yes."

    "Some will, some what, so what!"
    In other words, not everyone will buy so don't dwell on it. Just pick up the phone again and make the next call.
    This rule applies to any form of selling or marketing.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Read my Warriors for Hire ad.
    Writer/Editor/Proofreader. Place orders.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

    However, if I consistently tell 100 people every day, the magic starts to happen.
    If you can get 100 real people per day looking at your offer who are interested in your product and are looking for a solution to their problem, magic does start to happen.

    But if you get 100 untargeted prospects to view your site or offer, you will not make any sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

    However, if I consistently tell 100 people every day, the magic starts to happen.
    The little detail that makes all of the difference
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Using this so-called numbers game "strategy" not only has a very low conversion rate (typically less than 1%), but may also annoy or even alienate the other 99%+ of prospects. People are being bombarded with ads and intrusive sales messages to such an extent that avoidance has become a universally reflexive reaction.

      In my not so humble opinion, marketing is not a numbers game. People do not want to be overwhelmed with messages that just sell. Marketing is far less about numbers than it is about knowing your targeted prospects and providing a balanced mix of messages. Focus on your marketing goals and key prospects, and remember to include more than just a sales pitch in your effort.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673148].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        Using this so-called numbers game "strategy" not only has a very low conversion rate (typically less than 1%), but may also annoy or even alienate the other 99%+ of prospects. People are being bombarded with ads and intrusive sales messages to such an extent that avoidance has become a universally reflexive reaction.

        In my not so humble opinion, marketing is not a numbers game. People do not want to be overwhelmed with messages that just sell. Marketing is far less about numbers than it is about knowing your targeted prospects and providing a balanced mix of messages. Focus on your marketing goals and key prospects, and remember to include more than just a sales pitch in your effort.
        Exactly. Talk of a "numbers game" is confusing marketing with cold-calling.

        "The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself." - Peter Drucker

        .
        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seofor5
    I agree, and I said something similar just recently. It's all about telling people and getting as many people as possible to look at your product
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673142].message }}
  • Exactly.

    Take for example when you try selling a high ticket product at $997.

    You may need 500 visitors to convert that one sale, but hey, it's still $997. With 1,500 visitors, you get three sales; $997 x 3 = BIG CASH!

    I guess you could see my point. The goal is to have what you're trying to offer to as many people as possible. With a good offer, valuable content, and something that will benefit others, it'll stick and get buyers eventually.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9674124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author C G
    Nice post.

    When I was just starting out, I brought a few 100 visitors to my website but got no conversions.

    I though that my offer was the problem but it was more a numbers game.

    I made 5 sales from the next 100 visitors

    Always work on increasing your conversion and focus on targeted traffic ONLY.

    Cheers,

    C.G.
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9674473].message }}

Trending Topics