Best Clickbank Products to Choose...

14 replies
First let me state, as always, I'm speaking from personal experience. Not theory.

I have the income proof and Clickbank stats to back my claims.

I've noticed a lot of my members get stuck here.

With all of the products in the marketplace, and all of the categories and stats, how do you know what products to choose?

It's actually pretty simple...look at the gravity.

Clickbank gravity has been a very mysterious subject over the years, but a simple breakdown is this...

The gravity is the amount of affiliates selling the product successfully.

Multiple that number by 2 to get the amount of affiliates that MAY be a promoting the product in total.

A gravity of 10, means you may only have to compete with 20 affiliates total.

Given the fact, Google's first page, for ANY keyword, is only 10 slots, a gravity of 10 isn't a bad number.....especially since Youtube's first page has 20 slots.

Meaning it will be pretty easy to be one of the MOST relevant pieces of content online for that particular product, so page 1 rankings should be fairly easy....since there are only a few other affiliates generating "relevant" content for that product.

Even if a product only has a gravity of 1, that means it converts, and you're competition is super low. Is that in every case? No....but in enough cases. I even target products with 0 gravity if the sales page is attractive enough. No every product creator has the means to create awareness among affiliates.

If you're only moderately skilled in SEO, you should be able to dominate the serps for a product with low gravity.

The common belief, is to target high gravity products, because they are converting.

But I would rather compete with 10 people, as opposed 223.

You'd be surprised how many of those 7 gravity products have conversion rates near the double digits.

I know for me the hardest part was not knowing if a product was worth my time and effort.

I would then suffer from paralysis by analysis, as I tried to find that "perfect" product.

I've come to realized it's better to pick products in bunches, so they perform as a team, each contributing commissions to the bottom line.

Eventually you will find a few high converting all-star products worth scaling up!

Thanks for reading!
#choose #clickbank #gravity #products
  • Profile picture of the author cpaonfire
    Yes - That does make sense. Do you plan to focus on one niche or is this 'group' of products non-related?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    i am sorry but very hard to believe. i am an expert in ranking sites...that si just hard tobelieve because it is not as easy to rank as it use to be.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675812].message }}
    • Originally Posted by tristatemedia View Post

      i am sorry but very hard to believe. i am an expert in ranking sites...that si just hard tobelieve because it is not as easy to rank as it use to be.
      I use video, it's faster and less scrutiny from the algos
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675844].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ElGuapo
        OP:

        Get your hands on a copy of Clickbank's Data Report. There are lots of juicy revelations in that, including this nugget:

        "Some say 'choose high gravity products' and others say, 'pick low gravity products'. Really, the best method is to really explore Pitch Pages and review affiliate tools pages for different niches."

        The report then lists some of the best converting, low competition products. And you'll likely be very surprised to see what niches they are...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    The gravity is the amount of affiliates selling the product successfully.
    Sorry, but it just isn't as simple as that.

    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    Multiple that number by 2 to get the amount of affiliates that may be a promoting the product in total.
    Sorry, but this a pure fiction. There are even some products with high gravities that aren't necessarily being promoted by any affiliates at all.

    An affiliate buying one copy of the product through his own link (perfectly lawfully) adds exactly the same 1 point to a product's gravity as an affiliate selling 10,000 copies.

    Respectfully, I strongly suggest that you have a chat with someone from ClickBank's staff about this. It's very widely misunderstood indeed.

    Meanwhile, if you want an overview of what "gravity" actually measures, and what it actually signifies, a careful read through any/all of these threads will fairly readily clarify it for you ...

    Gravity High or Lower - Which Sells Best & Why?

    Clickbank gravity - is there a sweet-spot here?

    Understanding Clickbank Gravity

    Clickbank Gravity


    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    Given the fact, Google's first page, for ANY keyword, is only 10 slots, a gravity of 10 isn't a bad number.....
    I happen to agree with you that (for my own purposes, as an affiliate, at least) a gravity figure of 10 isn't bad, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Google's first page at all. Search-engine traffic is, in general, the least-responsive kind of traffic you could ever use to monetize ClickBank affiliate promotion, and of course there are reasons for that: some of them are explained here.

    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    Even if a product only has a gravity of 1, that means it converts
    Is it April 1st, again?! Please excuse the observation that this is a really bizarre thread.

    There's no correlation between gravity numbers and conversion-rates. Don't take my word for it: read through the threads listed above, or try to have a quick chat on the subject with any of ClickBank's friendly and approachable support staff?

    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    You'd be surprised how many of those 7 gravity products have conversion rates near the double digits.
    Products don't "have conversion-rates" in any meaningful sense, at all. the conversion-rates for each product vary hugely from affiliate to affiliate, for the fairly simple reason that they're largely determined by affiliate behavior and pre-selling processes, traffic sources, and so on.

    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    I know for me the hardest part was not knowing if a product was worth my time and effort.
    In that regard, this thread may help you (as it's helped so many other Warriors): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post2161932

    Originally Posted by cpaonfire View Post

    Yes - That does make sense
    I'm afraid not. At all. It's based only a whole series of complete misunderstandings, albeit very widespread ones. (There was perhaps some truth in some of it, a decade ago. But certainly not since I've been online.) Sorry, but nobody actually making their living as a ClickBank affiliate will take this stuff seriously at all.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675825].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      Sorry, but it just isn't as simple as that.



      Sorry, but this a pure fiction. There are even some products with high gravities that aren't necessarily being promoted by any affiliates at all.

      An affiliate buying one copy of the product through his own link (perfectly lawfully) adds exactly the same 1 point to a product's gravity as an affiliate selling 10,000 copies.

      Respectfully, I strongly suggest that you have a chat with someone from ClickBank's staff about this. It's very widely misunderstood indeed.

      Meanwhile, if you want an overview of what "gravity" actually measures, and what it actually signifies, a careful read through any/all of these threads will farily readily clarify it for you ...

      Gravity High or Lower - Which Sells Best & Why?

      Clickbank gravity - is there a sweet-spot here?

      Understanding Clickbank Gravity

      Clickbank Gravity




      I happen to agree with you that (for my own purposes, as an affiliate, at least) a gravity figure of 10 isn't bad, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Google's first page at all. Search-engine traffic is, in general, the least-responsive kind of traffic you could ever use to ClickBank affiliate promotion, and of course there are reasons for that: some of them are explained here.



      Is it April 1st, again?! Please excuse the observation that this is a really bizarre thread.

      There's no correlation between gravity numbers and conversion-rates. Don't take my word for it: read through the threads listed above, or try to have a quick chat on the subject with any of ClickBank's friendly and approachable support staff?



      Products don't "have conversion-rates" in any meaningful sense, at all. the conversion-rates for each product vary hugely from affiliate to affiliate, for the fairly simple reason that they're largely determined by affiliate behavior and pre-selling processes, traffic sources, and so on.



      In that regard, this thread may help you (as it's helped so many other Warriors): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post2161932



      I'm afraid not. At all. It's based only a whole series of complete misunderstandings, albeit very widespread ones. (There was perhaps some truth in some of it, a decade ago. But certainly not since I've been online.) Sorry, but nobody actually making their living as a ClickBank affiliate will take this stuff seriously at all.

      .
      I'm not sure why I always have to defend what I share on this forum, but it's becoming a bit exhausting.

      I've seen your contributions to the forum, so I assume you are coming from a genuine place, which is more than I can say for others...but I'm speaking from current, real-time experience.

      In no way is this thread and list of commandments etched in stone, because none of this is an exact science. But in science we use models, so we can comprehend abstract concepts.

      This way we can find success, quicker, and with consistency.

      So like you, I'm only trying to help, by sharing what I discovered while actually doing.

      I have the income proof to back up my conclusions as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    The gravity is the amount of affiliates selling the product successfully.

    You really need to check your sources when you post something like this in a forum full of newbies who don't know better and maybe think you're an expert because you seem to speaking from a point of authority.

    Go to the Clickbank site and look up their definition of "gravity." It is not what you claim it is.

    Here's the source

    Here's Clickbank's definition:

    "Grav: Short for GRAVITY™ performance statistic, this number represents a unique calculation by ClickBank that takes into account the number of different affiliates who earned a commission by promoting this product over the past 12 weeks. Since more recent transactions are given a higher value, this number can give you an idea of what products are "hot" at the moment, in terms of being promoted by many affiliates and making a good number of sales. However, high gravity can also indicate that there will be a lot of competition in promoting this product."

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    I'm not sure why I always have to defend what I share on this forum
    I hadn't noticed your posts before, and didn't know that, but now that you mention it, I can't help wondering whether it might be because - judging by what's above - rather a high proportion of it is based on downright factual errors and misunderstandings?

    Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

    I've noticed a lot of my members get stuck here.
    I have no idea who your members are, or what you're promoting, but please excuse my observing that - judging by what's above - perhaps this isn't altogether surprising: quite a bit of what you've said (as others are already pointing out, above) is just "factual misinformation". Sorry.

    Selecting products primarily according to their gravities makes very little sense.

    Gravities indicate little of significance for this purpose.

    They don't correlate with sales numbers.

    They don't correlate with conversion-rates.

    They don't even have to correlate with affiliate numbers (vendors can, themselves, perfectly legally have as many separate affiliate accounts as they want to, and promote the products through them at will, to try to alter their product's gravity figures. And many do. There are even some "gray-hat" services that do it for them).

    A "gravity point" can arise from one affiliate buying one copy of a product for his own use and not promoting it at all (and, especially with IM-related and/or MMO-related products, they often do).

    And so on, and so forth ...

    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
    . "


    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9675877].message }}
    • Geez...the gravity explanation was a simplified explanation. I know the Clickbank version, but it didn't help me to understand things any better. This explanation did.

      I'm sure no matter what I say, I'll be wrong to some of you. To others, here is an image of my stats, demonstrating my POINT...

      Which is, there are a lot of factors to choose when picking Clickbank products. The EASIEST was I have PERSONALLY discovered...is to choose low gravity products.

      Why?

      Because, thru EXPERIENCE, I have discovered there are fewer affiliates to compete with, so your content ranks FASTER, so you get clicks faster, thus sales faster.

      Instead of competing with 144 affiliates, compete with 7.67.

      Both products have proven that they convert, it's just one is less popular!

      Don't get caught up in winning the competition like I did!

      That's actually the product of a self sabotaging mind, remember the purpose of it all....sales!

      Here is a screen shot of some of the products I have sold with low gravity, these stats are RECENT, so this info is CURRENT.



      Look at the conversion rates for some of these products:

      Gravity: 5
      Hops: 33
      Sales: 1
      Conversion Rate: 3%

      ------

      Gravity: 2
      Hops: 19
      Sales: 1
      Conversion Rate: 5.26%

      ------

      Gravity: 2
      Hops: 15
      Sales: 1
      Conversion Rate: 6.67%

      ------

      Gravity: .11
      Hops: 16
      Sales: 1
      Conversion Rate: 6.25%

      ------

      Gravity: 7
      Hops: 39
      Sales: 1
      Conversion Rate: 2.56%

      How many of these would we normally skip over due to their gravity?

      That's my point...

      You can either use this, or assume it doesn't work...that doesn't make or lose me money.

      Thank you for reading.

      - Lu
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Loopholemarketers View Post

        Here is a screen shot of some of the products I have sold with low gravity, these stats are RECENT, so this info is CURRENT.
        <sigh>

        Nobody's disputing that.

        I'm also selling some low-gravity products with very high conversion-rates.

        There's no correlation between gravity figures and conversion-rates, so why shouldn't people do that?

        That's isn't the point
        . (If you'd actually clicked on some of the links above, you'd already know this. If you don't want my word for it, just ask a ClickBank account manager or customer support staff person, for heaven's sake. They're used to explaining it to people, and you might just be more willing to listen to them than to any of the pro-affiliates who post here?)

        Never mind.

        For some reason, I tried. (As did others.)


        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DaleRodge
    I'm about to drop my first product into ClickBank soon... Interested to see what happens, but I found your post very insightful as it helps me to see what will make an affiliate want to promote my product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Is it April 1st, again?! Please excuse the observation that this is a really bizarre thread.
    Curiouser and curiouser.

    I'm not sure why I always have to defend what I share on this forum, but it's becoming a bit exhausting.
    Maybe you should put as much thought into that as you do to your "theories." You just might figure it out. Also, you are not required to post, so relax.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ronald Nats
    That is a good post, most of the gurus will tell you to promote the high gravity ones as these products are more in demand. The main objective is to find a product that will convert in double digits and has a good upsell and or monthly paybacks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9676187].message }}

Trending Topics