Ever get banned and you have no idea why?

by Scott Ames 21 replies
I went to 43 Things.com today and found this message:

This account has been suspended. An account may be suspended if it violates the Community Guidelines. Abuse is policed and reported by members of the community.
Say what? I haven't been there in a long time and all I ever posted were personal goals, no links, no marketing. I did have a thought that someone hijacked my account and spammed, but I'll never know because I can't see what was entered, I can't log in, and of course I doubt they will tell me what is going on. Sigh... I guess if I want to use the site I must create a new account. Oh bother.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #banned #idea
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Rezbi
    I know what you mean.

    I was banned from digg for some reason and I have no idea why.

    All I did was threaten to go around one of the posters' home and beat the crap out of him and his family.

    Huh, who'd figure?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author valerieSONORA
    Yes on stupid Yahoo Answers. Didn't even do anything wrong. All I said was "no" to an answer next thing I know I'm banned. That place is run by idiots.
    Signature

    siggy taking a break...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
      Originally Posted by valerieSONORA View Post

      Yes on stupid Yahoo Answers. Didn't even do anything wrong. All I said was "no" to an answer next thing I know I'm banned. That place is run by idiots.
      I have never had such a love/hate realationship with any site like I do with Yahoo Answers.....I've come to accept that banning goes with the territory. I don't spam and I only post detailed answers with related links in the source area and still get the dreaded ban.

      I'd probably stop recreating a new account every time an old one gets banned but it's such a good source for short term traffic. *sigh*
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
      Originally Posted by valerieSONORA View Post

      Yes on stupid Yahoo Answers. Didn't even do anything wrong. All I said was "no" to an answer next thing I know I'm banned. That place is run by idiots.
      I agree with that.. In 4 days I had 12 answers selected as best answer. On day 5 I was banned, no warning, no message, nothing... When you email support you get back like this auto reply that takes 2 or 3 days to get to you and it says something like "the ban will remain, you broke the rules" ..

      I did no advertising at all and did not posted any link of mine...

      James
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969956].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ryan700
        Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

        I agree with that.. In 4 days I had 12 answers selected as best answer. On day 5 I was banned, no warning, no message, nothing..
        James
        I got banned 3 times from YA's. The first time was a very long run. I "accidentally" posted a link that redirected to an affiliate page. The next 2 times they banned me quicker, so now i don't bother.
        The funny, annoying part of Yahoo Answers is it's been at least 4 or 5 months since I was last banned and I still get the notifications saying that I have a "best answer". Second chance maybe? I go back and I'm still suspended. Ugh!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970525].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
          I got banned from the Plaza Hotel in Kamloops for breaking their foosball table. I think by now it may be safe to go back.
          Signature
          Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970565].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rezbi
      Originally Posted by valerieSONORA View Post

      Yes on stupid Yahoo Answers. Didn't even do anything wrong. All I said was "no" to an answer next thing I know I'm banned. That place is run by idiots.
      What did you say 'no' to?

      By any chance the question wasn't, "Will you please stop whacking me with that baseball bat?"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hamish Jones
    Getting banned without knowing why is really frustrated. Sounds like they've either got you mixed up with someone else or you got hackeed.

    Either that or some competitor or someone who decided to feel some slight by you set up accounts to report you.

    It would probably be worth contacting them in case they do respond. Otherwise, yes, you may have to set up a new account.

    Such is life.
    Signature
    Best Business Deals - The World's Most Customer Focused Telecommunications Company. Servicing Customers in Australia, Canada and the USA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author captivereef
    i have been banned bt propeller tons of times and tipd as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Digg banned me so many times I created a new account and never use it. I'll probably get banned for not using it ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    They're on crack. That's the only logical explanation.
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikeyman120
      I was banned for life from paypal. The said my package of ebooks and software programs were a get rich quick scheme and shut my account and kept my money. Years later they shut my new paypal account because they said it was connected to my other account. In other words it was mine so they banned that account also because they banned the first paypal account.

      I showed them 10 sites of people selling the same thing with a paypal button. But they had already made their decision so they wouldn't talk about it. They shut me down and this time said I did something illegal with my account, which is bull. I just sold ebooks.

      So they had two stories - first I had a get rich quick scheme(didn't know Clickbank was illegal - after all they sell ebooks), then they said I did something illegal. Which is not true at all.

      They won't even talk about it. So they made a wrong decision and won't take it back. Seems like a lot of sites are gung ho about banning people for life for no good reason.

      Mike
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    I was banned from 43things.com before I even finished my profile... Go figure, did no blatant advertising or anything... So I deleted that site from my list.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[969946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    I don't know if this is the same thing or not but I got kicked out of freakin Walmart at 2Am about 3 months ago.

    Never comment on the size of an employees ass just because their too lazy to get a wide screen down for you
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hersh
    In many cases people get banned from websites because people are making a false report on heir content. If you're sure you have made everything ethically than there are high chances that this is what happened.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    i was just banned from DIGG because i submitted a informative article about penis enlargement. Needless to say my site was in no way pornographic nor contained bad words. But..happened a few times already, need to get used to it.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

      i was just banned from DIGG because i submitted a informative article about penis enlargement. Needless to say my site was in no way pornographic nor contained bad words. But..happened a few times already, need to get used to it.
      lol ... that's a no brainer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author activetrader
    I have been banned from a social networking (non-IM) forum ...

    ...because someone in that forum decided to look me up (not sure why people google other people they don't really know).....

    ....found my personal sites and told everyone in the forum thread about some of my sites.

    Next thing I knew I had an avalanche of traffic cause everyone started googling me.

    That actually generated lots of money on Adsense that day LOL, but the forum rules are - no advertising, so I was banned because someone else gave me publicity.
    Signature

    Me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsmpublishing
    I got banned from one of the social bookmarking directories for posting three links in 24hrs. They werent the biggest of the bookmark sites so i decided it was their loss and moved on!

    kind regards


    sam
    X
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[970734].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics