I am new to Internet marketing and would like to apologise in advance if my questions sound green, naive or downright stupid. I don't have any marketing, programming or any such great Web skills that I'm sure many of the people on this forum have. I just want to know if it is still possible to make decent income through affiliate marketing even for a novice like me. I am prepared to learn and I completely accept that affiliate marketing etc is not a get rich quick scheme. I would be most grateful if you guys could answer the following questions for me:
1. Is there still scope for newbies to make money with affiliate marketing in 2014 and beyond or is it too competitive, difficult and over saturated now? When I say income I'm talking of about $2000 to $4000 dollars a month.
2. Will I need to build spectacular websites with phenomenal seo skills etc in order to be successful or can simple well written blogs/pages be just as successful if there is good content? I enjoy writing and feel that I can write good product reviews.
3. I have little experience although years ago I did run a few forums in which the intention was not to make money but I had a few Google adsense and Amazon affiliate links which earned me very little, not even a few pennies. That put me off ever thinking about affiliate marketing again although granted I had very few visitors. Would my Web page need to pull in hundreds or thousands of visitors a month to make the sort of income mentioned above?
4. Would my Web pages have to rank very high in search engines for me to even stand a chance of making any income? I guess this is very difficult and should a newbie like me not even bother unless I spend money on paid vistors etc?
5. Can someone living in the UK join American affiliate programmes or Amazon affiliate programmes or would I have to stick to UK ones in order to get paid etc.
6. I would really like to living from affiliate marketing, is this possible or has the time passed. Is it foolish for a newbie like me to consider earning well from affiliate marketing or is this just for experienced people who spend lots to make lots etc? What sort of income do people in my position make?
Sorry for so many questions I would really appreciate honest answers as I don't want to be in a position months down the line earning very little and being unable to be a success.