More potential with opt in email AND contact #?

7 replies
Hi I've been doing some SEM and got about 150 leads in the last few days, about half of which also opted in with their contact number to learn more about how my product can help with weight loss. Also the phone number field said optional so im guessing they were interested in learning more.

I plan on setting up a newsletter to monetize, and I was wondering is there potential with calling them to try and sell the product?

Currently my open rate is only 12% on the first autoresponder email, so I'm thinking it'll be a little difficult communicating with the leads via email, and with the product im selling i believe theres a lot of potential with calling them. At least it's not cold calling
#contact #email #opt #potential
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Kruz
    I don't really recommend collecting phone numbers as it would turn people off and lowering conversions, but I don't really know much about your site.
    Signature
    ----> LIMITED!! [FREE REPORT] How To Generate 1,200 Visitors A Day FREE! <----

    Step-By-Step Traffic System :: Free For Limited Time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9772781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ahmadashfaq
      Originally Posted by Nathan Kruz View Post

      I don't really recommend collecting phone numbers as it would turn people off and lowering conversions, but I don't really know much about your site.
      I double that..!!
      Contact number comes more to a personal type of question I have noticed. Depending upon your offer, you want to give them less steps as possible to opt in and once they opt in than you can gain their trust and from there you can go deep.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9772918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Karp
    Since you made the phone number optional, I doubt it affected your conversions much (as long as it said "optional" on the form).

    So in regards to your question about whether to call or simply email, it depends on how you got their number. Was it paid traffic from social media? If so, I would suggest warming them up with a few emails before any calling. Calling tends to be a bit more invasive.

    If they opted in on your website after reading some of your content, then you may want to try calling earlier in the relationship, while your product is still fresh in their mind.

    There's no harm in calling 5 or so people and testing your results. Then figuring out a plan from there. That's the only true way to know.

    Let us know how it goes!!
    Signature

    Author of The Content Marketing Guidebook

    Traffic Gen Tutorial: Learn 21 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website (for free).

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
    Originally Posted by kangen333 View Post

    Hi I've been doing some SEM and got about 150 leads in the last few days, about half of which also opted in with their contact number to learn more about how my product can help with weight loss. Also the phone number field said optional so im guessing they were interested in learning more.

    I plan on setting up a newsletter to monetize, and I was wondering is there potential with calling them to try and sell the product?

    Currently my open rate is only 12% on the first autoresponder email, so I'm thinking it'll be a little difficult communicating with the leads via email, and with the product im selling i believe theres a lot of potential with calling them. At least it's not cold calling
    It might have potential, you have to see if the phone numbers are real and if people answer them. the biggest problem these days in phone prospecting is having people pick up the phone.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9773510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoboyz01
    You got the phone number, so why not use it? Just don't come across as too salesy in your approach. You might use the phone approach as a fact finding mission to warm up the person to see if they are actually interested in the product you are offering. You will need a good script for that. Take some time to work on your script and try out a few to see if it produces sales for your product. Phone marketing is a more direct approach than email marketing. But at least it's not exactly cold calling as these people have given consent to be called. Just be sure to identify yourself up front, so they know who you are and why you're calling.
    Signature
    Google DOMINATION SEO service - Take your site 1st page of Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9774346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kangen333
    Thanks I'm going to be calling some leads today. I'm a little nervous because I don't have a lot of experience.
    Signature

    My goal is to learn SEO, to make Money

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9774698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
      Originally Posted by kangen333 View Post

      Thanks I'm going to be calling some leads today. I'm a little nervous because I don't have a lot of experience.
      It doesn't have to be nerve-wracking, especially if you reference the reason you have their phone number.

      "Hi, this is NNNNNN, calling you about the info you left on my website the other day, I wanted to make sure you got the free information I sent you."

      If your free info references your opportunity, you can talk about that, if it doesn't, you might want to change your information so that it does.

      The most difficult kind of call you can make is to someone who got one thing and is getting a call from you about something entirely different.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9775111].message }}

Trending Topics