Appraisal these 2 domain names

29 replies
Hi
Appraisal please :
1-sitend.com
2-wpfreeway.com

Which one do you prefer?
#appraisal #domain #sitendcom #wpfreewaycom
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Hi Hasani

    This is not a website appraisal service...

    If you do a google search, you'll find quite a few on there:
    Good luck!
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    The good:
    • Fairly short
    • Both are dot com
    The bad:
    • It's impossible to tell what these sites might be about
    • Neither are particularly memorable
    You could develop a website on either domain and do very well with it if you pick the right market and make the site authoritative and something people in the niche want badly.

    If you are merely trying to sell the domains, you need to find the right buyer that sees value in one or the other. That's all it takes.

    Good luck,

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Clintin
      Were you trying to sell those domains? Sitend.com was registered today
      Signature

      l

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777713].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hasani2007
        Originally Posted by Clintin View Post

        Were you trying to sell those domains? Sitend.com was registered today
        going to sell one of them. but for a good price I am ready to sell both.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778773].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

          going to sell one of them. but for a good price I am ready to sell both.
          You are most likely not going to get a good price for either or both combined. They are not particularly compelling domains. It's better to do a little research ahead of time on a domain's commercial value rather than the same day you register them.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Advertising
    Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

    Hi
    Appraisal please :
    1-sitend.com
    2-wpfreeway.com

    Which one do you prefer?
    Honestly I don't see much value in these domains and they don't make much sense to me. I'd grace delete if you just registered them. Not even sure that they are reg fee unless you know something that I don't know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    You registered both of them today and now you think to ask what people think?
    Personally i wouldn't touch them.
    Goodluck
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdamJ85
    sitend.com:
    Rubbish. I don't seen any value in it whatsoever.
    I'm not even sure what it's meant to say!
    sit end? That makes no sense.
    site nd? That makes no sense.
    site end? That makes no sense AND the domain doesn't say that anyway.

    wpfreeway.com
    Very poor. Worth the registration fee at most.
    Ok, so "wp" could mean Wordpress. But "freeway" is very generic.
    You could equally register wphighway.com (which is available) or thousands of other "wp" names.

    Of course, a domain is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. So if there's a company out there that, for some reason, is called Sitend, then yes, the domain could be worth something to them.

    But to the average viewer, I see no value in these whatsoever (beyond the standard registration fee).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777933].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hasani2007
      Originally Posted by AdamJ85 View Post

      sitend.com:
      Rubbish. I don't seen any value in it whatsoever.
      I'm not even sure what it's meant to say!
      sit end? That makes no sense.
      site nd? That makes no sense.
      site end? That makes no sense AND the domain doesn't say that anyway.
      What about themify? theme + fy, flippa:flip + pa or wootheme:woo + theme!
      You see that all of them are meaningless. Don't you?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778778].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

        What about themify? theme + fy, flippa:flip + pa or wootheme:woo + theme!
        You see that all of them are meaningless. Don't you?
        On the contrary. None of them is meaningless, and all were brandable. "Sitend" not so much.

        If you want to try "domaining", to make some money from it, I strongly advise you to get yourself on this mailing-list (it's free!), which will explain to you in a more helpful way the basics mentioned above which you seem to be ignoring: http://domainprofitsacademy.com/subscribe.html

        Two key concepts, to get you started (if they help) ...

        (i) You need to do market research before buying, and register only what you know you'll be able to sell;

        (ii) Domains don't have "intrinsic value" (above their reg-fees): what they're worth is entirely market-driven, and rests on your skills at identifying, approaching and negotiating with potential customers for them.

        Without appreciating these two realities before spending money, the odds are not in your favor, to put it mildly. Sorry.


        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778890].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

        What about themify? theme + fy, flippa:flip + pa or wootheme:woo + theme!
        You see that all of them are meaningless. Don't you?
        They are meaningless, or were meaningless when purchased, but all excellent brandable domains of very high quality. If you aren't at a point where you can recognize that, perhaps you should hold of registering domains for resale. Alexa gave you a link to learn more about domaining for profit. You should get on that list.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicoli
    wpfreeway has some potential.

    All online appraisal tools, especially for domain only are rubbish though. A domain is worth as much as somebody will pay for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oda
    What you do with them will determine what they are worth.

    Right now they are worth very little.

    In 6 months with some work.......WHO KNOWS .

    ODA
    Signature
    Are You Missing Out on an Opportunity?
    AGED .COM Domains $37 Each or make offer from $9 Grab a Bargain HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I'll give you a little hint as to help determine commercial viability of a domain.

    Let's take sit end. What does it mean? What would you sell?
    Go to Google and type in sit end. Are Adwords advertisers competing for top stops for those keywords?
    No. In fact, no one is advertising for those keywords at all.
    That tells you that there is little to zero commercial viability of that domain.

    You get exactly the same results in Google for wp freeway. No one is interested in paying advertising bucks for those keywords.

    wpfreeway may have a very slight chance of someone wanting it for some Wordpress related site, but good luck finding that buyer who is willing to spend more than reg fee for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778908].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      wpfreeway may have a very slight chance of someone wanting it for some Wordpress related site
      This is what I was thinking, also ... someone might just pay more than reg-fee for that one, if they can be found, and really like the name? Maybe. It's close-to-impossible to envisage selling the other one, though?

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778913].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hasani2007
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        This is what I was thinking, also ... someone might just pay more than reg-fee for that one, if they can be found, and really like the name? Maybe. It's close-to-impossible to envisage selling the other one, though?

        .
        Hi Alexa, thank you for your feedback. You and other are thinking about today, but I'm going to brand them. As I said before if you don't know filppa, wpengine, wpbeginners and etc, what do you say about these domains?!

        I'm going to make sitend or wpfreeway a brand. Consider siteND in these ways:
        1- Site with a New Design, New Development.
        2- Site Navigation Display(suitable for SEO, backlink checkers and etc).
        3- Site Tend
        4- Site Non Detectable(suitable for proxies, vpn providers and etc)
        5- Site Next-Day [delivery]

        and many thing else. Let me know your suggestions.
        Thank you for participating in the argue.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779014].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author agmccall
          Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

          Hi Alexa, thank you for your feedback. You and other are thinking about today, but I'm going to brand them. As I said before if you don't know filppa, wpengine, wpbeginners and etc, what do you say about these domains?!

          I'm going to make sitend or wpfreeway a brand. Consider siteND in these ways:
          1- Site with a New Design, New Development.
          2- Site Navigation Display(suitable for SEO, backlink checkers and etc).
          3- Site Tend
          4- Site Non Detectable(suitable for proxies, vpn providers and etc)
          5- Site Next-Day [delivery]

          and many thing else. Let me know your suggestions.
          Thank you for participating in the argue.
          everything is meaningless. anyone can buy a domain, any domain, and brand it. but you need to brand it with content, not tools. You also need to have it earning money if you want to sell it.

          everything you numbered above can be applied to any wp site by just about anyone with widgets and plugins.

          Unless you have content, and I mean good content, and traffic you basically have nothing

          al
          Signature

          A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779199].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by hasani2007 View Post

            You and other are thinking about today, but I'm going to brand them.
            Then you're talking about the potential future value of a business which includes a website and a history of marketing, not about "domain-name appraisals", as you specified in the thread's title - that's going to be determined by the success of the work you do, not by the value of the domains.


            .
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
    hasani2007, I'd say that it's time that you give up, learn from your mistake and move on. Putting all that effort into branding a domain name just so you can sell it someday seems like a huge waste of time.

    I don't know how much you paid for your domain, but you can buy them as low as $1.17 (including the ICANN fee) from GoDaddy, if you use coupons. Here's where you can find the latest GoDaddy coupons: http://www.namepros.com/577802-godad...codes-414.html (Check the latest posts.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779028].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hasani2007
      Originally Posted by Lucian Lada View Post

      hasani2007, I'd say that it's better that you give up, learn from your mistake and move on. Putting all that effort into branding a domain name just so you can sell it someday seems like a huge waste of time.

      I don't know how much you paid for your domain, but you can buy them as low as $1.17 (including the ICAAN fee) from GoDaddy, if you use coupons. Here's where you can find the latest GoDaddy coupons: www.namepros.com/577802-godaddy-discount-codes-414.html (Check the latest posts.)
      I paid $1.17 for it, but I'm going to use one of them for myself. I'm going to provide site, host and wordpress related products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    I agree with the others & it would be impossible to determine a value without a product. wpfreeway sounds kind of cool but unless it is used as an automated way to setup wordpress or something, I can't see you having much luck with it. I think you should have a short domain name but it should also be catchy & very memorable like goodbooks.com. Think it sold for like 120 million or so to Amazon lately
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by NeedBucksNow View Post

      it should also be catchy & very memorable like goodbooks.com. Think it sold for like 120 million or so to Amazon lately
      You're thinking of "goodreads.com", I think. Amazon has indeed bought it. But that was for the existing (very well-known and well-established!) business and goodwill, not just for the domain-name.

      I'm baffled by the confusion this point apparently causes.

      Some people (including myself, as it happens) buy and sell domain-names without any websites or businesses attached to them at all. That's known in IM as "domaining", and is what most of the discussion above, in this thread, is about (understandably enough, since the thread's title refers to "domain-name appraisal").

      Countless others - for various reasons - buy and sell existing businesses (such as goodreads.com) which include among their assets one or more websites and domain-name registrations.

      The two are totally different activities and forms of commerce.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doug
    I'll play...

    sitend.com

    Say you live in North Dakota

    siteND.com just might have value to you, as well as other North Dakotans.

    Consider sub domains to start

    norwegian.SiteND.com
    LawrenceWelk.SiteND.com
    AngieDickinson.SiteND.com
    LarsandOle.SiteND.com
    PhilJackson.SiteND.com

    My point is simply I saw potential value immediately when I saw sitend.com.

    I didn't search my mind to find reasons of failure.

    Of course most won't appreciate my examples.

    After all, it is just North Dakota, right?

    Wrong. Build that site into a directory of content and point the traffic to whatever you desire.

    Yep, it will take time, effort, work even and of course money.

    But anything of value requires all of those, and more.

    Particularly online.

    Vision people. Have some vision...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by Doug View Post

      I'll play...

      sitend.com

      Say you live in North Dakota

      siteND.com just might have value to you, as well as other North Dakotans.

      Consider sub domains to start

      norwegian.SiteND.com
      LawrenceWelk.SiteND.com
      AngieDickinson.SiteND.com
      LarsandOle.SiteND.com
      PhilJackson.SiteND.com

      My point is simply I saw potential value immediately when I saw sitend.com.

      I didn't search my mind to find reasons of failure.

      Of course most won't appreciate my examples.

      After all, it is just North Dakota, right?

      Wrong. Build that site into a directory of content and point the traffic to whatever you desire.

      Yep, it will take time, effort, work even and of course money.

      But anything of value requires all of those, and more.

      Particularly online.

      Vision people. Have some vision...
      Uh... yeah... vision is a wonderful thing and most people around here
      have plenty to spare. But the OP didn't ask what the domains might be
      worth if a Norwegian from North Dakota built a site promoting whatever
      and developed it into a viable brand or traffic generator.

      His query suggested he wanted an idea of what the domains are worth today.

      Unbranded... undeveloped... they are worth nada to anyone but those
      willing to pony up the registration fee. They may be worth something in
      the future if your vision becomes reality but, today... nada.

      Reality Doug... live in the present... answer the question that was asked.
      Signature
      If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779508].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Doug
        Originally Posted by Tsnyder View Post

        Uh... yeah... vision is a wonderful thing and most people around here
        have plenty to spare. But the OP didn't ask what the domains might be
        worth if a Norwegian from North Dakota built a site promoting whatever
        and developed it into a viable brand or traffic generator.

        His query suggested he wanted an idea of what the domains are worth today.

        Unbranded... undeveloped... they are worth nada to anyone but those
        willing to pony up the registration fee. They may be worth something in
        the future if your vision becomes reality but, today... nada.

        Reality Doug... live in the present... answer the question that was asked.
        After reading all of the posts in answer to the OP it was apparent they received their answer from others. I also read the OP stating what they hoped to do with the domains. However, I suppose you have a point... making mine, that they may be worth something in the future.

        I do live in the present thank you... reality is... little to nothing online comes with inherit value... perception is reality, as it were.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Phil Wilkinson
    If what you mean by 'appraisal' is which one do we like better....wpfreeway at least tells me that it has something to do with WordPress, so that one is preferable to the other, which tells me absolutely nothing about what it is.

    Since it seems that you bought the domain names, and then asked for opinions, I suggest doing more research next time, before buying. At the very least, some keyword research.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779723].message }}

Trending Topics