Amazon terminate associate account

18 replies
How Amazon terminate account ??

One of my friend got a mail from amazon that it terminate associate account. Amazon close his 2 different country account with same email id, address & 2 different associate id for each country

But He has another country id with same email id, address & different associate id for that country. This account Amazon does not terminate

He only promote 1 account. 2 of his 3 accounts amazon terminated.

So how amazon terminate accounts ? is it a ID based or Address based or Associate ID based ?

If he open again a new id then Amazon terminate his ID again ??

I asked it many forum but still I don't get any proper answer so I asked here

Thanks & Happy New Year
#account #amazon #associate #terminate
  • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
    Ask Amazon.... they know.
    Signature
    If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArielT
    And in the email is there stated a reason?
    Signature
    besthosting.today
    For sale. Buy it on Afternic or any of their partner registrars, sach as namecheap etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pinakel
    I told my friend to ask amazon. But he dont cause if he ask amazon may be then 3 rd account will terminate by amazon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seoboyz01
      Originally Posted by pinakel View Post

      I told my friend to ask amazon. But he dont cause if he ask amazon may be then 3 rd account will terminate by amazon
      And, which countries was his accounts terminated from? Maybe Amazon is no longer allowing affiliates from those countries.

      As for asking Amazon that is really the only answer. No one but Amazon really knows, though I can see his hesitation about not asking.

      Though I would think that Amazon knows about all three accounts. By the way, I thought you were only allowed one Amazon account anyway. Maybe that is the real reason for termination?
      Signature
      Google DOMINATION SEO service - Take your site 1st page of Google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by pinakel View Post

      I told my friend to ask amazon. But he dont cause if he ask amazon may be then 3 rd account will terminate by amazon
      If his accounts were suspended/deleted because he has multiple accounts then it is only a matter of time before the last one is gone as well.

      The suspension email should contain the reason, why not post it here, or better yet, amazon has forums available to associates, it can be found in your amazon associate dashboard

      al
      Signature

      Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
      ~Jack Handey~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782993].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pinakel
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        If his accounts were suspended/deleted because he has multiple accounts then it is only a matter of time before the last one is gone as well.

        The suspension email should contain the reason, why not post it here, or better yet, amazon has forums available to associates, it can be found in your amazon associate dashboard

        al
        No multiple account.He has Same login Email ID for 3 country & different Tracking ID for 3 country (like Tracking ID-20, Tracking ID-21, Tracking ID-22) Cause amazon has different store for each country.

        Only local country Tracking ID Amazon not terminated
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783292].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          Tell your FRIEND to contact Amazon.

          You aren't going to get valid answers here asking questions about what happened to someone else.
          Signature
          Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

          Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnich23
    Amazon does require that you get a sale within X days I think or else they terminate the account. Glad I got my sale in less than 7 days after opening it =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by cnich23 View Post

      Amazon does require that you get a sale within X days I think or else they terminate the account. Glad I got my sale in less than 7 days after opening it =)
      Unless the rules have changed, I do not think this is true. I recommend reading the TOS at amazon though.

      I got my account while I was building my first amazon site, and it was several months before I got my first sale, no problems.

      al
      Signature

      Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
      ~Jack Handey~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cnich23
        Hope it gets sorted out
        ......
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783990].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cnich23
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        Unless the rules have changed, I do not think this is true. I recommend reading the TOS at amazon though.

        I got my account while I was building my first amazon site, and it was several months before I got my first sale, no problems.

        al
        It was just a caution because it happened to my fiance recently....

        Letter from amazon:
        Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We're reaching out to you because we have not seen sales activity on your account.
        At the time your application was submitted, you were given access to Associates Central and the link building tools located there. However, we haven't recorded a referral from your account yet.
        Associate accounts that have not referred a sale to Amazon.com within 90 days of sign-up will be automatically rejected. However, if your account is automatically rejected, you will be welcome to re-apply to the program in the future.
        There are many ways to increase referrals and advertising fees you earn through the Associates.....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hbennick
    Can you post the termination email?

    Originally Posted by pinakel View Post

    How Amazon terminate account ??

    One of my friend got a mail from amazon that it terminate associate account. Amazon close his 2 different country account with same email id, address & 2 different associate id for each country

    But He has another country id with same email id, address & different associate id for that country. This account Amazon does not terminate

    He only promote 1 account. 2 of his 3 accounts amazon terminated.

    So how amazon terminate accounts ? is it a ID based or Address based or Associate ID based ?

    If he open again a new id then Amazon terminate his ID again ??

    I asked it many forum but still I don't get any proper answer so I asked here

    Thanks & Happy New Year
    Signature
    Starting an Amazon business? Expanding your eBay line? Absolutely lost? Know your stuff, but need a little help? Please private message me, I can help. I've helped several people achieve their goals. There's no charge if I can't help you.
    Also, please check out my Advanced FaceBook Amazon FBA Mastermind Group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386831354951122/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783137].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pinakel
      Originally Posted by hbennick View Post

      Can you post the termination email?

      First for - "because your Special Links are being used in connection with malware, spyware, or any software application not expressly and knowingly authorized by users prior to being downloaded or installed on their computer or other electronic device."

      He only use top ppc program for promoting Tracking ID(like adsense & adcenter)

      Second - "We have taken this step because we have previously closed an account that we have determined belongs to you or a person affiliated with you or acting in concert with you for violations of the Associates Program Operating Agreement, the Product Advertising API License Agreement, or one of the other Associates Programs operated by our affiliates"

      He never promote this account

      He mailed Amazon & every time gt reply that - "you have not complied with the Associates Program Operating Agreement that governs participation in the Associates Program and therefore your account was closed"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783306].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KirkMcD
        Originally Posted by pinakel View Post

        He only use top ppc program for promoting Tracking ID(like adsense & adcenter)
        Was he directly linking to Amazon? That is against the TOS.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783684].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pinakel
          Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post

          Was he directly linking to Amazon? That is against the TOS.

          Oho he ddn't know it may be for this amazon terminate his account
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784545].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by pinakel View Post

        First for - "because your Special Links are being used in connection with malware, spyware, or any software application not expressly and knowingly authorized by users prior to being downloaded or installed on their computer or other electronic device."

        He only use top ppc program for promoting Tracking ID(like adsense & adcenter)You say this

        Second - "We have taken this step because we have previously closed an account that we have determined belongs to you or a person affiliated with you or acting in concert with you for violations of the Associates Program Operating Agreement, the Product Advertising API License Agreement, or one of the other Associates Programs operated by our affiliates"

        He never promote this account Then This

        He mailed Amazon & every time gt reply that - "you have not complied with the Associates Program Operating Agreement that governs participation in the Associates Program and therefore your account was closed"
        He either promoted his affiliate links, or he did not. If he did as you say "He only use top ppc program for promoting Tracking ID(like adsense & adcenter)" Then he is probably done. Amazon is very unforgiving.

        For all reading this. Amazon is in business for Amazon. They did not create their TOS to fill up space. They follow it to the letter. Weather you are an associate or a seller on Amazon. Read and understand their TOS.

        al
        Signature

        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
        ~Jack Handey~

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardworker2013
    Your friend perhaps was using some blackhat methods to promote his amazon affiliate
    link which was detected by Amazon. However the 4% commissions Amazon
    is paying is too low, you will have to sell a ton load of products to make some good money.
    Tell your friend to join a Network that pays you between 50% and 75%
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    This happend to you because probably you are fail to comply with their terms and guidelines. Ask Amazon for the reason of it and also seek for any reconsideration.
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784491].message }}

Trending Topics