Teespring - Facebook email scraping

17 replies
Hello,

I have an access to an application that scraps Facebook emails of the users that are engaged through liking and commenting posts in specific niches. The creator claims to have great reults with targeting such scrapped audience with FB ads and he has no problem with FB ban or suspended account. Before I give it a try I would want hear your opinions about it, I don't want to get banned.

Thanks in advance
#email #facebook #scraping #teespring
  • Profile picture of the author Theduke2011
    Sounds interesting, I am just now getting into newer campaigns myself and have been looking for something of this sort. Right now I am focusing on large fan pages and offering them a split for sales they make by blasting a post to their audience. I also just got on to twitter and made a few sales there with re-tweets.
    Signature
    Classified Posting & Ad Management Expert
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JaredRhodenizer
    I doubt it scrapes emails. It probably scrapes user ID's. Facebook is cracking down on this, so I personally wouldn't do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanj1110
    i never got banned for using custom audience.. looks like u need to have good history with FB for doing stuff like that.. anyway you can create an account for advertising anytime
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784505].message }}
  • Hi

    You will probably find that it scrapes the FB email which looks like this willywonka@facebook.com rather than the email used to originally sign up to the FB account.


    Regards

    Bronwyn and Keith
    Originally Posted by Przemek Bloniarz View Post

    Hello,

    I have an access to an application that scraps Facebook emails of the users that are engaged through liking and commenting posts in specific niches. The creator claims to have great reults with targeting such scrapped audience with FB ads and he has no problem with FB ban or suspended account. Before I give it a try I would want hear your opinions about it, I don't want to get banned.

    Thanks in advance
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicoli
      Originally Posted by Bronwyn and Keith View Post

      Hi

      You will probably find that it scrapes the FB email which looks like this willywonka@facebook.com rather than the email used to originally sign up to the FB account.


      Regards

      Bronwyn and Keith
      You're right. That's all scraper can get in terms of email.

      OP, try and upload a list of those and your account will get he-bitch man slapped
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GregSCN
    Playing with fire mate, 90% heading towards a ban if you mess with anything of the like if you have not collected the emails through an app etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TymBolla
    How could they scrape emails? Emails are hidden in facebook
    Signature

    Tym

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicoli
      Originally Posted by TymBolla View Post

      How could they scrape emails? Emails are hidden in facebook
      They can only scrape the FB email. Not the users actual email addy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GregSCN
    it's USERID@facebook.com but drop the subject and forget
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      You're heading for a permanent Facebook ban. I have Warrior clients who were involved in similar actions, were banned, and have found out Facebook offers less leniency than a North Korean gulag.

      The "claims" by the creator are an attempt to pick your pocketbook.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TymBolla
      Originally Posted by GregTB View Post

      it's USERID@facebook.com but drop the subject and forget
      yes, but even so... names are like John Doe... with spaces... and you can't include spaces in the email...
      Signature

      Tym

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9789969].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GregSCN
        Originally Posted by TymBolla View Post

        yes, but even so... names are like John Doe... with spaces... and you can't include spaces in the email...
        They scrape the USERID e.g 435435344 and then convert it into the email associated. There are converters out there.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9790264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author miklanderson2
    Don't do it. You might get away with it for a while, but is it really worth losing your account over?
    Signature

    "A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist."
    -Franklin Jones

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9790688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Scraping is against Facebooks TOS.

    End of story.

    Go and ask the people who had their accounts banned for doing the same thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9791391].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicoli
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      Scraping is against Facebooks TOS.

      End of story.

      Go and ask the people who had their accounts banned for doing the same thing.
      This! I wish the thread could be locked on this last reply! People just don't learn haha!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9791393].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GlenH
        You're on real dangerous ground there.

        Scraping UID's from Facbook is totally against their TOS, and using such apps. can easily get your FB account banned.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9791573].message }}

Trending Topics