Is there a way to give "extras" if someone purchases through your affiliate link?

21 replies
I'm not sure if this is possible, but just as the subject says...Can you entice people to purchase a product using your affiliate link by offering them "extras" such as a free bonus eBook or something?

My sales method has always been to just simply tell them "hey, if you purchase through my link it will cost you nothing more than going direct through to the website".

Unfortunately people usually don't care enough about a random internet salesman to actually make any extra effort to purchase through your aff link, when they could just as easily go to google and type in the product name and then purchase direct from the site (this is assuming that I informed them of the product via my site/newsletter, and they went and thought about it for a few days...then when it comes time to actually make the purchase they just find the product by doing a basic google search).

If this is not possible, then what are some other methods that you guys have that will entice people to buy through your affiliate link as opposed to purchasing the product via other means?

Thanks!
#affiliate #extras #give #link #purchases
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Bkelly301 View Post

    Can you entice people to purchase a product using your affiliate link by offering them "extras" such as a free bonus eBook or something?
    Yes ... unless the vendor's/merchant's/network's terms of service prohibit that, of course (but that would be unusual).

    I don't do this, myself, and don't want to (it's not why I want people to choose to buy through my links), but I know people who do it successfully, and it works well for them, and there's nothing wrong with it, at all.

    What people commonly/normally do, I understand, is simply to ask their subscribers to send them a copy of their PayPal/ClickBank receipt by email, after the purchase, in exchange for which they then send a download-link for the "extra freebie".

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bkelly301
    Ah ok I gotcha thanks!

    So I guess there's no way to have the freebie be auto delivered; you'd have to do it manually?

    This was just a thought. I'm gonna be starting out with the "honor system" way first, but then if I find that I'm not converting a lot, then I may add the freebie as an enticement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bkelly301
    Ya, my goal is really to have a passive system, so I don't think I'm gonna go that route. Was just wondering. Thanks though!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author QueenMelanie
    yeah there are a few ways to do this.

    One way would be to create a landing page that when they enter their email your ebook downloads and they get taken to the purchase page...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809410].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Doughnuts
      Originally Posted by QueenMelanie View Post

      yeah there are a few ways to do this.

      One way would be to create a landing page that when they enter their email your ebook downloads and they get taken to the purchase page...
      This method doesn't guarantee that they will not just run off with your freebie without buying your product tho.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Arvixe
    What type of referrals are you making? Some companies might be willing to partner with you if you are able to bring in a decent number of sales. So if a partnership was made, they might offer you a specific landing page which promotes your offer/freebie in doing so having it automatically delivered.
    Signature

    Alex A - alex.ali@arvixe.com
    Arvixe, LLC - http://www.arvixe.com
    Freedom of the web at your fingertips.
    Shared Hosting Specialist: US/EU, Free Domain, $175 Ad Credits, Sitebuilder, Cloudflare & More!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seemore25101
    Personally, I'm doing it by having them email me their receipt if they've purchased through Clickbank. I do plan on automating this soon with CB List Automator .

    If your an affiliate with JVZoo, they allow you to add you own bonuses so that JVZoo would deliver them automatically after each sale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809463].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      For Clickbank products, CB List Automator is a must have tool, IMO. For other affiliate products such as Amazon, however, a little "trick" I've often used for automated delivery of bonuses was to require buyers to enter their receipt number into an optin form to receive their bonus.

      The receipt number field was forced, and the "Thank You" page contained the download link for their bonus. Of course it was possible for anyone to just enter a fake receipt number to get the free bonus, but as far as I know (through random checks matching subscribers with affiliate reports), it has never happened.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9809989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SunnyDelight
    Yes, I've seen it done all the time.. especially for high ticket offers...

    Some people buy products just for the bonuses they'll be receiving alone. Lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Riki Stein
    If your'e talking about digital products, you can upload your bonuses directly to JVZoo, so whoever purchases through your link will see your bonus link directly on their download page in JVZoo.

    Of course, that's assuming the delivery of the main product is via JVZoo.
    Signature
    Are you a newbie who would love to learn how to start making money online? Boy, do I have a free report for you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author positivegirl
    hey, you can create you landing offer them to sigh up and then buy via the link you'll send them through your AR.
    You can also offer a great bonus that leverage the power of the product itself and then ask them to send you the purchased receipt, so that you can know for sure it they purchased via your link.
    hope that helps,
    Jany L. Posada
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author positivegirl
    ah, if you want to make also some extras, try to promote product with monthly payments, so you promote once and make money every month

    Jany Luz Posada
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    There's an easier way to set it up once and automate it.

    Create a bonus email account (XYZbonus @ yourdomain.com)...

    Then have all messages set up to an autoreply.

    The autoreply will go to a squeeze page that tells them to enter transaction ID and email.

    From the squeeze page they get delivered to their bonuses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author barbling
    Several payment processors have this:

    WarriorPlus
    JVzoo

    You request an affiliate link and once you're approved, you get a field to add your bonus.

    Hope that helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LodestarVince
    Originally Posted by Bkelly301 View Post

    I'm not sure if this is possible, but just as the subject says...Can you entice people to purchase a product using your affiliate link by offering them "extras" such as a free bonus eBook or something?

    My sales method has always been to just simply tell them "hey, if you purchase through my link it will cost you nothing more than going direct through to the website".

    Unfortunately people usually don't care enough about a random internet salesman to actually make any extra effort to purchase through your aff link, when they could just as easily go to google and type in the product name and then purchase direct from the site (this is assuming that I informed them of the product via my site/newsletter, and they went and thought about it for a few days...then when it comes time to actually make the purchase they just find the product by doing a basic google search).

    If this is not possible, then what are some other methods that you guys have that will entice people to buy through your affiliate link as opposed to purchasing the product via other means?

    Thanks!
    This is called "incent" as in incentivized marketing. Just Google incentivized affiliate networks and start talking to the people, ask them for different angles and promotional methods available.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by Bkelly301 View Post


    Unfortunately people usually don't care enough about a random internet salesman to actually make any extra effort to purchase through your aff link, when they could just as easily go to google and type in the product name and then purchase direct from the site (this is assuming that I informed them of the product via my site/newsletter, and they went and thought about it for a few days...then when it comes time to actually make the purchase they just find the product by doing a basic google search).
    Why would you be just some "random internet salesman". With Affiliate Marketing If you are doing this the correct way , you have been building a rapport with your prospects ( hopefully using Email Marketing ) and they start to see you as an Authority and Credible. Consequently, they will Buy from you without these enticements you ask about or just googling the Product and buying in that way.



    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9810903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      ...With Affiliate Marketing If you are doing this the correct way , you have been building a rapport with your prospects ( hopefully using Email Marketing ) and they start to see you as an Authority and Credible. Consequently, they will Buy from you without these enticements you ask about or just googling the Product and buying in that way.
      In my experience, it is a very good idea for affiliates to always offer incentives to their prospects unless prohibited in the TOS. The reasoning behind this is not only to position yourself apart from other affiliates, but to create a sense of urgency to buy. A limited-time bonus offer will convert more effectively because a prospect is hardly ever ready to buy your affiliate product at the time of your promotion, no matter how much authority, credibility or rapport you have built.

      For example Amazon has a 24-hour cookie which is almost never enough time for buyers to make a purchase decision of any significance. Some reports I've seen show the average Amazon conversion rate for affiliate click-throughs is about 3%. This means that perhaps as much as 97% of sales for any given product promotion may be spread out over other affiliates or directly to Amazon.

      Although it is specifically against Amazon's Operating Agreement to incentivize purchases, a technique I've used for many years is to provide an "expanded users' guide" or "resource directory" exclusively for buyers of relevant high end products. Combined with email marketing, the conversion rate was nearly always about 10 times the affiliate average.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9811736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bkelly301
      Thanks everyone for the help. This is all great stuff!!
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Why would you be just some "random internet salesman". With Affiliate Marketing If you are doing this the correct way , you have been building a rapport with your prospects ( hopefully using Email Marketing ) and they start to see you as an Authority and Credible. Consequently, they will Buy from you without these enticements you ask about or just googling the Product and buying in that way.



      - Robert Andrew
      Yes, I do build a relationship with my followers. However, I figure that it really can't hurt to give something a little extra just in case they do decide to Google the product per my recommendation.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9812366].message }}
  • Well I think you should always offer something because that is how you will grow you list of actually buyers. There are visitors to your blog that are not on your list. This is how you get them on your list.

    Plus there are bonus seekers out there. They seek out people offering bonuses.

    Just my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9813361].message }}

Trending Topics