I'm looking for wallpaper packs to buy

by elsoar
23 replies
Ad title: I'm looking for wallpaper packs to buy. eg. 10.000 or 50.000 etc.

But I want them with the names, like.



Not like

#buy #packs #wallpaper
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

    Ad title: I'm looking for wallpaper packs to buy. eg. 10.000 or 50.000 etc.

    But I want them with the names, like.
    Most wallpapers are either uploaded to the internet for personal use (not for sale) or they are pirated images that have been shared on hundreds of wallpaper sites.

    Your best option would be to grab them from public domain sites (CC0). If you purchase the images from major stock or micro-stock sites you are going to pay a pretty good sum of money for them and the licenses will not allow the posting of the images for sharing.

    If you do find a big pack of "wallpaper" images for sale at a ridiculously low price the chances are pretty good that the photos were either pirated or they were originally public domain material.

    Just because someone uploads an image does NOT mean it's public domain...it must be classified as public domain by the original copyright holder.

    Cheers

    -don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    i want them for free sharing in new wallpaper website ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

    i want them for free sharing in new wallpaper website ..
    So are you having a hard time finding images to pirate? Good grief.

    I just looked at your site and you have pirated images that you have tacked your domain name to. No attribution, no permission, no linkbacks, no credits and no terms of use.

    PHOTOES: Seahawks vs Packers – NFC Championship 2015 ? Elsoar

    Roger Federer Photos Of 2015 Australian Open ? Elsoar

    Rafael Nadal ~ 2015 Australian Open ? Elsoar

    Those are not legit wallpaper images...those are images that someone has the rights to. Just because you may have found the images on the internet or on another wallpaper site does not mean they were not pirated.

    Read my first post to the thread and maybe you should reconsider your business model and website which contains pirated material.

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    Its for free on many websites and news sites..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
      Banned
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      Its for free on many websites and news sites..
      Like I said, you have pirated images on your site and just because you found them for "free" on other websites or news sites does not make it legal for you to take the images, put your domain name on them, and upload them to your wallpaper site to share with the world.

      Thousands of wallpaper sites contain pirated images, and many news sites pay for a lot of the images they use. In-fact I could show you my own single images that have been pirated and posted to more than 500 wallpaper sites without my permission. That's called piracy and it's not legal.

      Obviously you don't know much about copyrights and/or public domain.

      Cheers

      -don
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    Obviously you don't know much about copyrights and/or public domain.
    You sure ?

    Photo or wallpapers are many on the web without copyright, ready-to-use, years ago.
    these wallpapers are for public use.

    Only possible to be right in the watermark.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834290].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
      Banned
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      You sure ?

      Photo or wallpapers are many on the web without copyright, ready-to-use, years ago.
      these wallpapers are for public use.

      Only possible to be right in the watermark.
      Yes, I am sure. Photos do not have a visible watermark or the © symbol visible to be copyrighted. Like I told you before, thousands of wallpaper sites contain pirated images and it's been that way for years.

      Cheers

      -don
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    I think adding to insult, you slap your name on the photos as if you own them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    thousands of wallpaper sites contain pirated images and it's been that way for years
    Like WallpapersWide.com | Free HD Desktop Wallpapers for Widescreen, High Definition, Mobile | Page 1 ??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    On that link..they are at least attributing the art to ots original author
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834314].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elsoar
      Originally Posted by Monkmoney View Post

      On that link..they are at least attributing the art to ots original author
      No original author, Now copyrights
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834320].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
        Banned
        Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

        No original author, Now copyrights
        You just don't get it!

        #1 Just because another site allows anybody they want to upload any non-porn image to their site does not mean that some of the images were not pirated.

        #2 They do not stamp their website name on the images.

        #3 They have a disclaimer that states:

        Disclaimer

        WallpapersWide.com is a community supported web site with the majority of the published content being uploaded by our user community or collected from a wide range of resources including free images or wallpapers websites. Although published content is believed to be authorized for sharing and personal use as desktop wallpaper either by the uploader or author or for being public domain licensed content, unless otherwise noted in the wallpaper description, all images on this website are copyrighted by their respective authors, therefore, if you wish to use these images for any other use you must get permission from their respective authors. If you object to a wallpaper published on our site, please Contact us with the wallpaper title or URL and your cause for concern, whether it being your own wallpaper you've created and do not wish to share or may it be something you might find explicit, unethical, inappropriate etc. WallpapersWide.com reserves the right to decide to host or not any wallpaper that was submitted by users. WallpapersWide.com will add the WallpapersWide.com watermark on the wallpaper to identify that WallpapersWide.com is hosting that wallpaper.
        WallpapersWide.com - Free High Quality Wallpapers

        Notice they state for personal desktop wallpaper use only and the images are copyright their respective owners. If you want to use the image for anything else then you need to get permission from the copyright holder.

        They basically allow anyone and everyone to steal images and post them to the site! What part of that don't you understand? Some stuff they have on the site may be public domain, but some of it is not.

        Good grief....they don't have photographers uploading to the site, they have any Joe Blow uploading to the site.

        The NFL Championship game images and many of the others on your site are NOT in the public domain.

        Cheers

        -don
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    #1 Just because another site allows anybody they want to upload any non-porn image to their site does not mean that some of the images were not pirated.

    #2 They do not stamp their website name on the images.

    #3 They have a disclaimer that states:

    Disclaimer
    I will do that in my new wallpaper site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    This is one of my own copyrighted images and it has been posted to hundreds of sites (including wallpaper sites) without my permission. That's how most wallpaper sites operate, they allow anybody and everybody to upload whatever photos they find on the internet --> and then guys like you come along and copy the idea and the photos. It's called piracy.

    I am guessing that I have had my images stolen/pirated/re-posted somewhere far north of a few hundred thousand times in total, maybe more. This image alone pops up 500 times using google's reverse image search.



















    We have a generation, that in large part, thinks that any and all media posted to the internet is not copyrighted . Which, of course, is not true.

    Wallpaper sites and Pinterest users are usually the worst offenders, besides those that are trying to sell your photos or are using them for advertising. I have never posted this image anywhere other than on my own website (maybe 2 of them), and to this forum.

    Notice the the google reverse image search goes to 50 pages, and I think that is the max.

    Cheers

    -don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    Conclusion, Wallpaper sites is not an offense, If:
    - No watermark
    - Disclaimer
    - Delete the pictures if found author
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834420].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
      Banned
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      Conclusion, Wallpaper sites is not an offense, If:
      - No watermark
      - Disclaimer
      - Delete the pictures if found author
      Not true at all. A copyright violation is a copyright violation no matter what you do after the fact. Like I told you before --> you already have a lot of pirated images on your site... You don't have a clue about copyright law, and you seem not to care about copyright law.

      Only use images that you have a license for, or the rights to use, such as images that are properly in the public domain which are often indicated by a CC0 designator. Taking images from news sites and other wallpaper sites is not the proper way to obtain images.

      All you are doing is stealing and/or taking images and hoping that nobody catches you or sues you. Here in the U.S. the maximum penalty can be as much as $150,000 per photo, per copyright violation.

      Just because others have business models and websites based in large part on piracy and/or ignorance does not mean that you should copy those people. Just because you post a disclaimer like the others does absolve you from all offenses.

      Conclusion --> stop pirating images and do something that does not require you to take other peoples images, because it's obvious you don't have a clue on how to properly use images, or what images you can legally use.

      Cheers

      -don
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834437].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    You don't need to post more links to wallpaper sites --> I have seen hundreds of them and I know how they operate, and what types of notices and disclaimers they post. Most of those sites rely on users uploading whatever they feel like uploading, much of which is copyrighted and has been pirated. Others just copy the images from other sites...many of which contain copyrighted and pirated images.

    COPYRIGHT POLICY AND USAGE RIGHTS
    Only wallpapers that contain © HDWallpapers.in watermark or text like 'By HDWallpapers.in' are property of HDWallpapers.in. You are allowed to use and distribute those as long as you do not remove any copyright or trademark notices or other notices that go with them as defined in the Free Culture License. Other than that all wallpapers published on this website are copyrighted by their respective authors. For content usage rights please read Disclaimer.
    DISCLAIMER
    HDWallpapers.com is a community supported web site with the majority of the published content being uploaded by our user community or collected from a wide range of resources including free images or wallpapers websites. Although published content is believed to be authorized for sharing and personal use as desktop wallpaper either by the uploader or author or for being public domain licensed content, unless otherwise noted in the wallpaper description, all images on this website are copyrighted by their respective authors, therefore, if you wish to use these images for any other use you must get permission from their respective authors. If you object to a wallpaper published on our site, please Contact us with the wallpaper title or URL and your cause for concern, whether it being your own wallpaper you've created and do not wish to share or may it be something you might find explicit, unethical, inappropriate etc. HDWallpapers.com reserves the right to decide to host or not any wallpaper that was submitted by users. HDWallpapers.com will add the HDWallpapers.com watermark on the wallpaper to identify that HDWallpapers.com is hosting that wallpaper.
    When are you going to start removing those copyrighted NFL photos and other copyrighted photos from your website?

    I told you before that true Public Domain (CC0) images are free to use. Other CC images can be also used, as long as the proper attribution stays in tact, and that is what is referred to as "free culture works" above.

    What does “Approved for Free Cultural Works” mean?
    CC uses the definition of free cultural works at Freedom Defined to categorize the CC licenses. (Freedom Defined is an open organization of free culture advocates and researchers; the definition was developed by its community as a parallel to efforts such as the Free Software Definition, to have a standard for defining Free Culture.) Using that definition, material licensed under CC BY or BY-SA is a free cultural work. (So is anything in the worldwide public domain marked with CC0 or the Public Domain Mark.) CC’s other licenses– BY-NC, BY-ND, BY-NC-SA, and BY-NC-ND–only allow more limited uses, and material under these licenses is not considered a free cultural work.
    http://creativecommons.org/freeworks

    Anything that is not licensed is usually nothing more than a guess if it is coming from a wallpaper site.

    Below are attribution required Free Culture licenses:

    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

    This is no attribution required.

    http://creativecommons.org/about/cc0

    Again, if you want to stay legal and safe the best thing to do is to use known public domain images, or if you don't mind properly attributing every photo, then use other CC attribution licensed photos. Wallpaper sites are not the best places to find proper CC images, or even public domain images, because most of those sites are too much of a crapshoot.

    Cheers

    -don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    If you find a song for download free..does that mean you can freely distribute that song as your own
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    First, the author is the one who asks, not you.
    Second: This is a free from news sites that allow this.
    Thirdly i will delete all very close, because I will work in quotations, have a copyright, too?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    I agree, there are people who allow their photos to be freely distributed for any reason..but the point is, thats rare actually and most free photos want some type credit.

    Second, I dont think ive ever seen anyone say I took rhis photo now go ahead and plaster your logo on it as of its your own

    Thirdly, as explained..even if a site has photos for sell, or they are free..it doesnt automatically mean thise photos are theirs to do that

    Thirdly, you say news sites but thats honestly hard to believe, every news site I seen uses accredited photos and video, and the photographers would be pretty upset knowing someone is taking credit for their work

    In the end...wallpaper sites are by nature, not having permission, because it would be serious logistical problem to seek permission for distribution of every single phot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Conclusion, Wallpaper sites is not an offense, If:
      - No watermark
      - Disclaimer
      - Delete the pictures if found author
      My conclusion - you don't care what the laws/rules are or what the rights are...you will do what you do.

      My next conclusion - I wouldn't do any business with you because you don't care

      Don - Waste of time to explain sometimes - but....

      I promise not to use your image on my site....but could you please send me that kitten???

      kay
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
      ***
      Sometimes people come into your life and they need to stop doing that...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        My conclusion - you don't care what the laws/rules are or what the rights are...you will do what you do.

        My next conclusion - I wouldn't do any business with you because you don't care

        Don - Waste of time to explain sometimes - but....

        I promise not to use your image on my site....but could you please send me that kitten???

        kay
        Yeah, your conclusions appear to be spot on. I wish I had more of those kittens, Kay, but unfortunately I only had 2 of them and I gave them both away. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept one for myself!

        Cheers

        -don
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9834520].message }}

Trending Topics