Which link to give to affiliates? Optin page or pitch page?

12 replies
Hi;

Which page is the the link I give to affiliates?

Optin page that only collects emails and after email collection redirects to pitch page?

Or straight pitch page with "buy now" button (followed by upsell)?

Thanks
#affiliates #give #link #optin #page #pitch
  • Profile picture of the author hyperexpert07
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hi;

    Which page is the the link I give to affiliates?

    Optin page that only collects emails and after email collection redirects to pitch page?

    Or straight pitch page with "buy now" button (followed by upsell)?

    Thanks
    I suggest to implement a redirection method, then you have control on the redirect link. I mean if you insert your aff. link on a page then every one see your aff. link and the same for optin page. but what about if you have a redirection method, then you can change the redirect link every time you want and to every where you want.
    For clarification see redirection plugin of wordpress, I mean build something like it or if you use wp then use this plugin.
    Signature

    Please don't press the Thank you button if this post isn't helpful.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
      Originally Posted by hyperexpert07 View Post

      I suggest to implement a redirection method, then you have control on the redirect link. I mean if you insert your aff. link on a page then every one see your aff. link and the same for optin page. but what about if you have a redirection method, then you can change the redirect link every time you want and to every where you want.
      For clarification see redirection plugin of wordpress, I mean build something like it or if you use wp then use this plugin.
      This is not answering my question at all
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879532].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hyperexpert07
        Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

        This is not answering my question at all
        You didn't get what I said. I think you can guess the result. When you have a link like what I said then you can do A/B testing. Sometime you redirect people to your optin page and look at the results. You do the same for your aff. link and check which one works better. Then you choose the best way. You do all of these steps without changing your links one by one, just with changing one link all links will change automatically.
        Signature

        Please don't press the Thank you button if this post isn't helpful.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879556].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
          Originally Posted by hyperexpert07 View Post

          You didn't get what I said. I think you can guess the result. When you have a link like what I said then you can do A/B testing. Sometime you redirect people to your optin page and look at the results. You do the same for your aff. link and check which one works better. Then you choose the best way. You do all of these steps without changing your links one by one, just with changing one link all links will change automatically.
          I am just very new to this, be patient with me

          Correct me if I am wrong: So you mean I send everyone to 1 page and from there I redirect them to either optin or pitch. Wait a couple days, see the results, then update the redirect to the other, wait a few days and compare the results?

          Sure I click thanks, why not it's free lol
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hooda M Kismet
    This is how I would do it myself: if you are creating a teaser for your upcoming product, I suggest you give your affiliates the squeeze page link to collect some emails for you prior to your launch.

    However, once you launch, I would give the affiliates the sales page link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879617].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
      Originally Posted by diver79 View Post

      This is how I would do it myself: if you are creating a teaser for your upcoming product, I suggest you give your affiliates the squeeze page link to collect some emails for you prior to your launch.

      However, once you launch, I would give the affiliates the sales page link.
      Do you have a product link I could look at?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hi;

    Which page is the the link I give to affiliates?

    Optin page that only collects emails and after email collection redirects to pitch page?

    Or straight pitch page with "buy now" button (followed by upsell)?

    Thanks
    Sorry but I think you're focusing on the wrong stuff.

    1. Do you have any affiliates who are willing to promote for you?

    2. Does your product even convert?

    3. Are your follow ups sequence proven to convert? If you have no proof that capturing leads is more beneficial for the affiliates then I doubt affiliates will be willing to build your list for you.

    Not attacking you mate, it's just that so many beginners focus on the wrong things. You need to focus on producing results first before thinking on what link you should give to your "to be affiliates".
    Signature
    Free Case Study: How I Generated $680.79 With 'Sneak Promotion'

    Click Here To Watch The Free Case Study (No Optin Required)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
      Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      You need to focus on producing results first
      What do you mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
      Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      Sorry but I think you're focusing on the wrong stuff.

      1. Do you have any affiliates who are willing to promote for you?

      2. Does your product even convert?

      3. Are your follow ups sequence proven to convert? If you have no proof that capturing leads is more beneficial for the affiliates then I doubt affiliates will be willing to build your list for you.

      Not attacking you mate, it's just that so many beginners focus on the wrong things. You need to focus on producing results first before thinking on what link you should give to your "to be affiliates".
      Also, chill, take a deep breath everything is ok. Try some Bob Marley
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879759].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RidwanM
        Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

        Also, chill, take a deep breath everything is ok. Try some Bob Marley
        He is raising a good point.

        Why should affiliates promote your product out of the thousands of other products available to them?

        Does your funnel convert? Have you tested it? Do you have data that you can show to affiliates to prove that it can bring in sales? etc.

        You need to test your system yourself using paid ads or whatever, see that it actually works and then show that data to affiliates and they would be much more likely to promote your product
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879770].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
          Originally Posted by RidwanM View Post

          He is raising a good point.

          Why should affiliates promote your product out of the thousands of other products available to them?

          Does your funnel convert? Have you tested it? Do you have data that you can show to affiliates to prove that it can bring in sales? etc.

          You need to test your system yourself using paid ads or whatever, see that it actually works and then show that data to affiliates and they would be much more likely to promote your product
          Yeh i am new to this, not everyone is a genius like you Trying to learn baby. There is so much to cover. Remember your first day?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Which page is the the link I give to affiliates?

    Optin page that only collects emails and after email collection redirects to pitch page?

    Or straight pitch page with "buy now" button (followed by upsell)?
    Straight pitch page with "buy now" button.

    For all the reasons explained at some length and in some detail in this thread (worth a careful read, all the way through!), no serious, pro-affiliate (i.e. the ones who make 95%+ of the sales) will be willing to send their traffic to a page with a vendor's opt-in on it. I'm slightly surprised that none of the replies above seem to have mentioned this?


    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9879875].message }}

Trending Topics