by bizzly
14 replies
What hosting company is best for a starter reseller account. In terms of service, ease of use,support etc.

Or is it better to just sign up as an affiliate then just get your client to sign up using your affiliate link.

What are the best ways to go about the hosting reseller/affiliate business.

Thanks
#affiliate advertising #email #list
  • I'd go for hostgator.
    Signature
    YOUR FB ADS ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED? >>>>I GOT A SOLUTION<<<< CONTACT ME
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    Originally Posted by bizzly View Post

    What hosting company is best for a starter reseller account. In terms of service, ease of use,support etc.

    Or is it better to just sign up as an affiliate then just get your client to sign up using your affiliate link.

    What are the best ways to go about the hosting reseller/affiliate business.

    Thanks
    It depends on if you want to be the one supporting your customers or not. I would HIGHLY recommend doing in depth research on the host you choose before signing up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bizzly
      Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

      It depends on if you want to be the one supporting your customers or not. I would HIGHLY recommend doing in depth research on the host you choose before signing up.
      The idea is to help clients register a domain, set up hosting and install Wordpress. Support would not strictly or officially be part of the package.Though I would help them out initially should they need it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889714].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adrianhenry
        Originally Posted by bizzly View Post

        The idea is to help clients register a domain, set up hosting and install Wordpress. Support would not strictly or officially be part of the package.Though I would help them out initially should they need it
        In this case then you should go with the affiliate route.

        If you get a reseller package then you are obliged to help out your customer with any technical issues they ever have. Hostgator, or whichever provider you get the reseller account from are not responsible for the support.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889788].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
          Originally Posted by Adrianhenry View Post

          In this case then you should go with the affiliate route.

          If you get a reseller package then you are obliged to help out your customer with any technical issues they ever have. Hostgator, or whichever provider you get the reseller account from are not responsible for the support.
          They will to an extent, but through the "Reseller". They won't directly deal with your resold customers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889801].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Adrianhenry
            Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

            They will to an extent, but through the "Reseller". They won't directly deal with your resold customers.
            Yes that is my point. From what OP has said he doesn't want to have to deal with the customers on support issues. If he went down the reseller route he would have to support them either himself or employ someone to do it for him.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889806].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
              Originally Posted by Adrianhenry View Post

              Yes that is my point. From what OP has said he doesn't want to have to deal with the customers on support issues. If he went down the reseller route he would have to support them either himself or employ someone to do it for him.
              Oh yea - I wasn't going against what you had said, I was more so directing that to the OP. We do the same, we will troubleshoot a resellers "client" account, but only through the reseller. Basically, you become a middle man - but you have to look at it from a couple different perspectives @OP

              If you're adding value to a service say website management or design etc, you handle that stuff and when there's a server related issue, you'd then work with the host. Typically though, in a well maintained environment, you shouldn't be needing much support for "problems" that arise from the infrastructure.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrianhenry
    I like the affiliate model. The work you have to do is less as you do not have to take care of customer support after the order and you generally get paid pretty well as an affiliate to the hosting site.

    It doesn't cost your clients any more, so convincing them to purchase a service they require through your link should not be hard.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newideamarketing
    Banned
    I would vote godaddy for sure, you can for sure

    also the provide a easy site to use and promote
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author art72
    I'd highly recommend looking into wiredtree's affiliate program, as they pay 75% commissions on all sales.

    I've looked into reseller accounts too, and it just seems to me the time it would take to brand a generic spin-off of HostGator or any top selling hosting provider, I agree the affiliate route seems so much easier...and it's FREE!

    Now, on that note... I am stuck on whether to offer free hosting with future offers, whereby having a VPS would be a smart option?
    Signature
    Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9889851].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bizzly
      Originally Posted by art72 View Post

      I'd highly recommend looking into wiredtree's affiliate program, as they pay 75% commissions on all sales.

      I've looked into reseller accounts too, and it just seems to me the time it would take to brand a generic spin-off of HostGator or any top selling hosting provider, I agree the affiliate route seems so much easier...and it's FREE!

      Now, on that note... I am stuck on whether to offer free hosting with future offers, whereby having a VPS would be a smart option?
      Never heard of Wiredtree before. Their pricing structure and services info seem a bit complicated. Most people I work with are starters so I prefer a company with easy UI

      From your post I assume you are in the reseller side of the business as opposed to affiliating..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9891349].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
        Originally Posted by bizzly View Post

        Never heard of Wiredtree before. Their pricing structure and services info seem a bit complicated. Most people I work with are starters so I prefer a company with easy UI

        From your post I assume you are in the reseller side of the business as opposed to affiliating..
        WiredTree sells servers, so the majority of their customers "know" what they're looking for, which explains why it would be confusing to people not specifically looking for those types of services. I think the affiliate route is the best option most likely. I would suggest however, research the company you're referring to and don't just send sales based on the highest payout. Send your referrals to a good quality company, and definitely not any of the "top 10" hosts, they're ALL owned by the same company that's been in a downward spiral for years.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9891367].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author art72
        Originally Posted by bizzly View Post

        From your post I assume you are in the reseller side of the business as opposed to affiliating..
        Actually, no I am primarily focused on affiliate marketing myself.

        Although, currently working through the process of product creation, creating my own affiliate platform, and hopefully able to assemble a decent membership site w/free hosting in the future.
        Signature
        Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9891544].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bizzly
          Nice. Good luck with it
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9891557].message }}

Trending Topics