What will I see if I visit a domain that doesn't exist?

12 replies
So what will show up if I visit adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com and it doesn't exist?

Also what does it mean when a page like this shows up?
#domain #exist #visit
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
    The space-time continuum will rip to shreds. Don't do it. You'll kill us all.
    Signature

    If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
    Originally Posted by texisman View Post

    So what will show up if I visit adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com and it doesn't exist?

    Also what does it mean when a page like this shows up?
    It means, what are you doing on an internet marketing forum when you know absolutely nothing about the internet.

    There are hundreds of places online where you can learn basic stuff about the internet - for free. Google is your friend.

    And if you can't even resize an image then heaven help anyone who visits any website you cobble together.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896604].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author texisman
      Originally Posted by positivenegative View Post

      It means, what are you doing on an internet marketing forum when you know absolutely nothing about the internet.

      There are hundreds of places online where you can learn basic stuff about the internet - for free. Google is your friend.

      And if you can't even resize an image then heaven help anyone who visits any website you cobble together.
      I'm sorry my screen is bigger than yours, lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author texisman
    How hard is it to get a direct answer without sarcasm and pun?

    It was a serious question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author texisman
    On a positive note, this thread is already in the number one spot in Google for the phrase "what will i see if i visit a dmain that doesn't exist"!

    But that still doesn't answer my question since it is my question! Thanks for the advice though friend...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896627].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Originally Posted by texisman View Post

      On a positive note, this thread is already in the number one spot in Google for the phrase "what will i see if i visit a dmain that doesn't exist"!

      Texisman,

      Control your excitement about the above. Who is going to search online for the phrase "what will i see if i visit a dmain that doesn't exist"? Absolutely no one. Being "in the number one spot in Google" is easy if there is no competition and it does you no good. But try being #1 for a heavily searched phrase . . . that's the challenge.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
    Originally Posted by texisman View Post

    So what will show up if I visit adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com and it doesn't exist?
    Great news!

    It means you are the lucky new owner of adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com

    You have 30 days to send a $35 check to Network Solutions before they initiate legal action.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9896744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author boydstone
      I've already notified Network Solutions about this matter, and, since I'm a pretty big deal on the internet they replied that they were ecstatic to finally get adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com off their books. They thought no one would ever buy that one, so they're even going to give Texisman a $1 discount off the usual $35.


      Originally Posted by Jack Gordon View Post

      Great news!

      It means you are the lucky new owner of adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com

      You have 30 days to send a $35 check to Network Solutions before they initiate legal action.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897467].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author boydstone
        Hey, this just gave me a great idea for my first WSO. It'll be one of those "try this untapped traffic source!" ones. I'll teach people to go to a bunch of forums and ask what will happen if they surf to a domain that doesn't exist, like adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com only I will have already registered it and filled it with ads, and then the people who surf there will click on all the ads, thereby making me tons of money!!!! (/joke)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Hale
    I don't know why I would apologize for the prior responses you received, as this isn't my forum. Nevertheless, I do feel the need to do so.

    I don't know if the others were just in a quirky, joking mood - of if they truly intended to be offensive.

    The WF is full of answers to a wide range of questions. Personally, I much prefer the "newbie" questions, over the "newbie" answers (or attempts to do so) to more advanced questions. <<- that happens a lot here!

    Originally Posted by texisman View Post

    So what will show up if I visit adkfjdkfjdaskfjdksfjdkasfjdfkl.com and it doesn't exist?
    First, did you try doing so? I get a browser notice stating that the domain was not found.
    (That question is probably what prompted the vitriolic replies)

    Also what does it mean when a page like this shows up?
    That is the result of a domain registration having expired, and being parked at GoDaddy because of no valid DNS record. GoDaddy returns that page in an attempt to sell the domain registration to the visitor.

    Hope this helps.
    Signature

    Sid Hale
    Coming Soon... Rapid Action Profits (Pro)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author boydstone
      Originally Posted by Sid Hale View Post


      The WF is full of answers to a wide range of questions. Personally, I much prefer the "newbie" questions, over the "newbie" answers (or attempts to do so) to more advanced questions. <<- that happens a lot here!
      The newbie answers which consist of obvious drivel bug me too, especially since the newbie always seems to be advertising something in their signature.

      Then there are the philosophical threads that are perfect targets for 50 replies that say "Thanks for your inspirational post!" ... and also advertise stuff in their Signature. Note to skypreet I'm not talking about you, you're absolutely right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897591].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9897585].message }}

Trending Topics