Are these domains worth anything?

19 replies
I can see that the real price of the domain can be only decided by how much they decided to pay for it. And i have made a rookie mistake here because im a rookie.

I have bought few domains for building websites but since i dont have time to develop websites for them, and certain domains for selling. Here is the list of domains of want to sell.

deletebin.com

newfoundways.com

winneroftheweb.com

cruvia.com


I already know most of the domains dont have potential for selling , since i wanted the domains for hosting sites and not selling them, i did not take into account the after math that it would cause.

I have tried listing them in go daddy and even in go daddy auction for many days and still no offer and the main reason i think is because these dont carry much worth.

So any you enlighten me?
Should i try any other approach? Like parking the domains?

But i have heard that parking a domain can cause the search engines to give it a negative ranking and even ruining its current worth.

Again, im a rookie and this is not my business and im not planning to make this my business but just want to sell these domains instead of discarding them.
#domains #worth
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    We've all made that mistake... You think you bought a winner when in fact you've backed a donkey...
    You won't get jack for those domains...
    Listen Carefully: save yourself the headache and DON'T RENEW THEM...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899037].message }}
    • Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      We've all made that mistake... You think you bought a winner when in fact you've backed a donkey...
      You won't get jack for those domains...
      Listen Carefully: save yourself the headache and DON'T RENEW THEM...
      Yes, I definetely have made that mistake..

      And this is another option.

      Selling them is probably not worth your time, just don't renew them
      Signature

      [CENTER][B]==> Do you want to make money online? [/B]
      Free video: How regular people are making 6-figures per month on the internet! [URL="http://www.clkmg.com/fc27/UDCL-IN2WF"][B]Watch this free video now![/B][/URL] <==[/CENTER]

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
        Thanks for all your replies.

        As i already stated, i know that the domains which i have specified are not "winners".
        I just want to make a few bucks before i discard them.

        What about parking them?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899055].message }}
  • 1) Keep re-listing them on domain networks like..

    GoDaddy
    Bluehost
    1&1 etc

    2) Create a ebay listing
    Yes, A ebay listing for them

    I have heard of many examples where people sell domains successfully..
    at great profits on ebay

    Be persistant and good luck
    Signature

    [CENTER][B]==> Do you want to make money online? [/B]
    Free video: How regular people are making 6-figures per month on the internet! [URL="http://www.clkmg.com/fc27/UDCL-IN2WF"][B]Watch this free video now![/B][/URL] <==[/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Burritt
    Perhaps Cruvia might be worth something to somebody who is looking for a unique brand name. I suggest putting up a basic site with a couple of logo ideas letting people see how it could be used as a company name.

    I would definitely forget the others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899086].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
      Originally Posted by Jeff Burritt View Post

      Perhaps Cruvia might be worth something to somebody who is looking for a unique brand name. I suggest putting up a basic site with a couple of logo ideas letting people see how it could be used as a company name.

      I would definitely forget the others.
      Thank you for your reply

      Yes, precisely that's the reason i bought it, to market it as a brand name.

      And i have not put that particular domain for sale because i just bought it few days ago.

      And what about domain parking? Is it worth doing for cruvia,com?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pthomasgarcia
    I've seen worse. I've probably registered worse myself in the past. These domains aren't gold, but you may be able to extract a little value from them beyond the learning experience.

    Of course, the potential with all of those domains are in their development, but since you don't have the interest to do that, nor enter the market as a domainer, that doesn't mean you should sit on them until they expire.

    I like deletebin.com. I think you could list and park that on Afternic or Sedo for a BuyItNow price of $250. Better to list the price than wait for an offer. You could also submit cruvia.com to Brandbucket. That is the best market for that sort of name. You may get lucky.

    As for newfoundways.com and winneroftheweb.com, I don't see much value there. I'd sell those two in an auction on eBay, and be happy just to get rid of them ... if you can.

    But by listing these domains somewhere you give yourself at least a chance to recoup some of your costs. After the year, let them expire and go gentle into that good night as salegurus suggests.
    Signature
    ThemeBeat.com—a great domain for premium WordPress themes—check it out on Afternic. bit.ly/17gXhde
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
      Originally Posted by pthomasgarcia View Post

      I've seen worse. I've probably registered worse myself in the past. These domains aren't gold, but you may be able to extract a little value from them beyond the learning experience.

      Of course, the potential with all of those domains are in their development, but since you don't have the interest to do that, nor enter the market as a domainer, that doesn't mean you should sit on them until they expire.

      I like deletebin.com. I think you could list and park that on Afternic or Sedo for a BuyItNow price of $250. Better to list the price than wait for an offer. You could also submit cruvia.com to Brandbucket. That is the best market for that sort of name. You may get lucky.

      As for newfoundways.com and winneroftheweb.com, I don't see much value there. I'd sell those two in an auction on eBay, and be happy just to get rid of them ... if you can.

      But by listing these domains somewhere you give yourself at least a chance to recoup some of your costs. After the year, let them expire and go gentle into that good night as salegurus suggests.
      Thank you for your reply.

      I have still not put up cruvia.com on any listing service, and with your valuable input i will put it on Brandbucket.

      And i thought of building a website myself for deletebin,com, but for many reasons i have dropped the idea. I guess i will list it on sedo and few more sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abhishek0007
    Domains play very better when you start a website and rank on Google and market.I say you should try the latest type of hosting that will work for you so that your website will rock.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karlstech
    I know what you're feeling, I've made that same mistake as well. I just anxious when I know I have a domain just laying there not doing any good.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kushalshah
    I bought a domain "Pokers.club" when Godaddy launched '.club' domains and I was one of the early buyer to book '.club' domain and I thought I will find 1 buyer (atleast) for this domain who wouldnt hesitate purchasing it but I failed. I thought exact match domain would work and I will make money but even the domain like that couldn't attract buyer on Flippa, Warrior forum & Digital marketing forum etc.

    It's hard to be make money in buying/selling domain industry.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
    Any of those domains could be of interest to somebody. Finding that 'somebody' is the challenge. Some domains are very much worth the effort to locate potential buyers, but these are not. Listing them on sites like Sedo or Afternic, or GoDaddy auctions for a minimal price may, if you're lucky, catch the eye of someone who might have a use for them. Unlikely, but you have nothibng to lose in trying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DieselFit
    It's comes down to what you prefer. You might get lucky and score big when you run into the "right" person who is interested, or you may be wasting your time. I think you should go with your gut feeling and on if you're willing to spread these names out there to see if anyone is interested. Maybe go to forums where people talk about domains and list the names in your signature.
    Signature

    100% Hands-Free Business To Earn a Lucrative Passive Income Stream--> Check it out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
      Thank you all for your valuable inputs, i have listed deletebin.com and cruvia,com on Sedo and GoDaddy Auctions, i have not had any luck till now.

      I have parked both the domains and i'm receiving about 5 clicks or uniques a day, so going to wait for sometime to see if it sells.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9905177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quinng123
    Not unless they are generating revenue, have domain authority, page rank, or established alexa rankings, there is no reason to keep them.

    At this point the only value these domains can bring is from their names. However none of the names have a strong enough branding angle so they can have some perceived value to the general public.

    Just my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9905242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    The names are not very "brand-able", but waiting to see if they sell is a good idea. And if they don't just let them expire, it's probably he good way to go, if you're not planning on developing them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9905347].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
      Thank you for your input.

      I'm seeing so many "bad" domains , and the owners are selling them for above $8000.

      So, when compared to, i believe the two domains which is put for sale are considerably valuable.

      And i priced them competitively.

      So, have to wait it out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9907333].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
        Originally Posted by adi4u4882 View Post

        Thank you for your input.

        I'm seeing so many "bad" domains , and the owners are selling them for above $8000.

        So, when compared to, i believe the two domains which is put for sale are considerably valuable.

        And i priced them competitively.

        So, have to wait it out.
        Bad domains don't sell for $8,000 unless they have something else going for them, like a revenue generating website, traffic, backlinks, mailing list, etc. And sometimes what appears to be a 'bad' domain name, is really a perfect domain name for one particular business or individual.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9907791].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author adi4u4882
          Originally Posted by Gene Pimentel View Post

          Bad domains don't sell for $8,000 unless they have something else going for them, like a revenue generating website, traffic, backlinks, mailing list, etc. And sometimes what appears to be a 'bad' domain name, is really a perfect domain name for one particular business or individual.
          You are right.
          While i was thinking how domains which do not make any sense were selling for such higher prices, i just figured out that those were domain names in dutch and other languages.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9909443].message }}

Trending Topics