Why are income claims not allowed on WSOs???

23 replies
I'd like to know why such a rule was implemented. I mean, how would a buyer know how much they'd be gettin' or earning from the methods they learn there? I badly need 120 bucks right now. I'm a hard-working and smart fella if you ask me, and I've got a spare 20 dollars to buy one and test it out.

I would loooove to know the reason behind this. I hope someone could shed light to the issue.
#allowed #claims #income #wsos
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    Generally I think it was because they were pieces of fiction that came with so many disclaimers like

    Not typical earnings

    I'm not saying that you'll earn 1,000,000 per second by using my methods what I am saying is if you don'tdo anything you definitely won't.

    Strange that no one would ever post the average or mean earnings or even say how many people earned the amounts they were saying.

    Oh and course before I forget if you didn't make that much money its obviously your fault.
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899684].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      The reason is because the forum cannot verify an income claim.

      At this point it doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree, that is the policy after a very lengthy and impassioned discussion of different sides of the issue.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899735].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author microscopes
        Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

        The reason is because the forum cannot verify an income claim.

        At this point it doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree, that is the policy after a very lengthy and impassioned discussion of different sides of the issue.

        .

        Oh good.

        Another forum where "the rule is the rule, deal with it".

        There's not enough of those on the Internet.
        Signature

        New to Internet Marketing? >> START HERE
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9901035].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Batt
          Originally Posted by microscopes View Post

          Oh good.

          Another forum where "the rule is the rule, deal with it".

          There's not enough of those on the Internet.
          Hmmm.... I'm pretty sure that wasn't the official response of the people who run the forum you know.

          I appreciate everyone's replies here. I'm a hardworking person and I'm using my brain to pick the right WSO that I deem doable and fits my skillset well. Don't get me started with gambling. I'm way past that. I lost a lot of money playing online casino and I'd like to focus on what I do best and what I love to do. Just wondering how WSO sellers can make a guarantee, without tellin' ya how much you can make. Now, that's a real marketer!

          If what I have now is not enough to be my harvest, then I'll make it as my seed. I would not let myself be fooled, but it happened many times back during my linkbuilding days, (down the slums at reciprocal links section) and now I feel leveling up and take IM/MMO seriously.

          This $20 dollars I have is my disposable income and I can do whatever I want with it. And I choose to buy a method that works.

          I just wouldn't like to make this a whole lotta fuss, it's the WSO sellers that got explaining to do. If ever comes the time I'd get to my successful plateau, maybe, just maybe, I'd make my own WSO. That's what my long-term plan is.
          As has been said, the income claim doesn't tell you that the method itself actually works - it can't be verified that the amount of money generated was actually:

          a) True, and
          b) generated using the method they are going to teach.

          Do as you say, look for the product that matches your skillset and try it out. The lack of an income claim does not make it any less likely that you will find a product that works.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9901058].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            Another forum where "the rule is the rule, deal with it".
            Wellllll...it's a typical forum where "if you own the forum, you make the rules".

            I'm not sure why this subject is being debated again - or why the thread is still open. Every single thing mentioned in this thread was discussed - questioned - and answered - in the thread I linked to above.

            kay
            Signature
            Just wait a second – so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9901073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    Does this rule about income claims only apply to the WSO thread title and sales page, but not apply when a WSO seller replies to a Warrior in their thread who is asking them about the income?

    The thing is, now this rule has been implemented, WSO sellers are even afraid to tell people in their WSO thread what the income potential is when someone asks them, so they PM each person, which seems rather OTT.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      There is no point in trying to argue this - it's been done in the link below. All the 'splainin' is in that thread.

      http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...wso-rules.html

      The rule is 'no income claims' so a seller who is posting income later or by PM may be in violation - up to the mods to decide.
      Signature
      Just wait a second – so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      Does this rule about income claims only apply to the WSO thread title and sales page, but not apply when a WSO seller replies to a Warrior in their thread who is asking them about the income?

      The thing is, now this rule has been implemented, WSO sellers are even afraid to tell people in their WSO thread what the income potential is when someone asks them, so they PM each person, which seems rather OTT.
      It doesn't make any sense to prohibit an income claim in the first post of a thread and then allow it in later posts.

      I've been doing this a long time and based on my experience those asking how much money can be made, when they can make it by, etc., are not going to put in the time and effort to make the money anyway. They are looking for something easy and without work and strategic intelligence money miraculously just starts coming in.

      That is obviously a broad brush that does not apply to every product or person. But I don't believe there has ever been a product where if someone buys it they automatically make X dollars. So there isn't ultimately a point to an income claim for those buyers. They are not going to make that money.

      Income potential issues are also often fraudulent. Example: you can make up to $1443.38 by doing ______. Really? What is the ceiling preventing someone from making $1443.39? There isn't and the number is plucked out of the air.

      A different animal is the seller saying they have made X dollars. It creates an implication others can too. This is really where the debate is because buyers want to buy from sellers who are successful and this can be the biggest point of authority / credibility for a seller.

      The rule is since the claim cannot be verified, and unfortunately sellers have been prone to make fake claims about how much they made, as a general rule the income claim is not allowed.

      You will have to look for other signals to determine if the seller knows what they are talking about, such as reputation, reviews, length of time on the forum, thanks by other marketers, reviewing their website in their sig, etc. The forum provides quite a bit of information allowing buyers to distinguish between credible sellers and bad offers.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Easy eBay
        Hi all,

        To be honest the rule doesn't really make it clear.

        Rule #17: Income Claims & Guarantees

        Sellers that make income claims may be asked to provide proof of income prior to their offer being approved. Sellers are strictly prohibited from offering income guarantees. This will be strictly enforced to protect the Warrior community.

        ... So you can state how much you have earned but cannot actually promise people the same results... Is that correct?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janice Sperry
    I wish the next rule would be "No income claims in signatures!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author QueenMelanie
      Originally Posted by Janice Sperry View Post

      I wish the next rule would be "No income claims in signatures!"
      Hell Yes! If people took in what they read on this forum I would hope that very few actually click on those type million $ an hour type of sigs,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9900971].message }}
  • It honestly doesn't matter how much someone else made using a system. The important part is that a person buying a product is able to understand the process, and with implementation hopefully make money themselves.

    I always disliked the WSO threads where the majority of questions are based around how long it will take them to get to $10,000 a month.

    I much prefer the new rules myself. It will probably hurt those sellers that rely upon inflated numbers.
    Signature

    Craigslist Posting Expert! Best Value and Service on the Web!

    http://PostingLiveAds.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hilear
    People can claim anything on the internet and they can fabricate proof.

    Better that the methods stand on their own two feet and buyers make a decision based on the author reputation and sales copy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    Originally Posted by NRabosa View Post

    I badly need 120 bucks right now. I'm a hard-working and smart fella if you ask me, and I've got a spare 20 dollars to buy one and test it out.
    To be perfectly honest, you'd be better off going to the roulette table. Put $15 on 1st 12, hit and have $60. Then let it ride, hit again and have $135. Overall odds are about 1 in 9.

    The odds of turning $20 into $120 "right now" through a WSO are probably going to be worse than 1 in 9.


    Originally Posted by NRabosa View Post

    I would loooove to know the reason behind this. I hope someone could shed light to the issue.
    It's to protect people like you. The way the scam used to work is some WSO sellers would make grandiose income claims and use blind copy (not disclose what kind of business they would be running). So people were essentially buying in on income claims alone. With income claims as the primary sales vehicle, it left room for a lot of abuse.

    The former owner/mods of this forum took the position that even if WSOs were not delivering the stated life changing results, the content of WSOs was still worth the cost. This is of course a problematic position to take when buyers "need 120 bucks right now" and buy into it just for the income claim.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899905].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Batt
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      To be perfectly honest, you'd be better off going to the roulette table. Put $15 on 1st 12, hit and have $60. Then let it ride, hit again and have $135. Overall odds are about 1 in 9.

      The odds of turning $20 into $120 "right now" through a WSO are probably going to be worse than 1 in 9.

      It's to protect people like you. The way the scam used to work is some WSO sellers would make grandiose income claims and use blind copy (not disclose what kind of business they would be running). So people were essentially buying in on income claims alone. With income claims as the primary sales vehicle, it left room for a lot of abuse.

      The former owner/mods of this forum took the position that even if WSOs were not delivering the stated life changing results, the content of WSOs was still worth the cost. This is of course a problematic position to take when buyers "need 120 bucks right now" and buy into it just for the income claim.
      This is very true. There is no good reason (other than marketing) to allow the income claims. Even if the income claims are true (and they might very well be) it doesn't change the reality that other people using the product will more than likely not get the same results.

      I could very tell people about the income I made when I started my business if I was releasing a new product - would I? No, because my situation, set of skills and USP of the business I was starting would not match yours. So even though I could teach you everything about what I did and walk you through the process that I used it isn't right to put a figure on what I made because it implies that you will be able to do the same.

      Admittedly, it's much more difficult to sell a product without the income claims - but if it stops desperate people spending the last $17 they have on the claims of a system that will bring in $2439.27 then it's a good rule, in my opinion.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Just because someone else makes $100 a day using a system . . . there is no basis upon which you should assume that you can do the same. I don't care how "cookie cutter" or dumbed down the creator of the system makes it.

      You are a different person and you are going to get different results. You don't market in the same places, you didn't come to market under the same timing and conditions, you don't write copy in the same manner, you treat your customers and prospects differently, your timing and promptness in dealing with your customers is going to be different . . . everything about you is different from the system creator so you should never assume you can get the same monetary results.

      People here on the forum want guarantees - they want to be sure they aren't duped - yet they don't stop to think about the fact that this career they are choosing (online marketing) offers no guarantees whatsoever that any particular person will make any money at all!

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899949].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
      Originally Posted by NRabosa View Post

      Why are income claims not allowed on WSOs???

      I'd like to know why such a rule was implemented. I mean, how would a buyer know how much they'd be gettin' or earning from the methods they learn there? I badly need 120 bucks right now. I'm a hard-working and smart fella if you ask me, and I've got a spare 20 dollars to buy one and test it out.

      I would loooove to know the reason behind this. I hope someone could shed light to the issue.
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      It's to protect people like you.
      lol, this is my favorite answer of the year so far.

      Perfect in every way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    This is a moot point anyway. Cream always rises to the top. If a WSO is the real deal, it will succeed, sooner or later. Focuson quality, integrity, and adding value to your WSO buyers' lives and you should be good to go.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Just so you know, if you only need $120 then almost all WSOs that had income claims, claimed you could make far more than that. What I mean is no one (hardly no one) said work your tail off (or sit on your butt and do nothing) and make a whopping, life changing $120. They were all 4, 5 and some 6 figure claims. So going by previous typical claims, you could just pick one that sounds good and do it.

    Instead of just throwing a dart and picking the biggest income claim, though, what people ought to be doing is looking at what the WSO is offering to teach and comparing it to their own interests, talents, and knowledge.

    For example, if I read that for my $20 I could make $120,344.32 by my next birthday by making YouTube videos, I may not be interested - no matter how much I could possibly make - because YT is low on my interest, talent, and knowledge scale currently.

    Kindsvater laid out some very good other things to look for besides income claims.

    Mark

    PS Depending on where you are in the world, $20 off invested offline works pretty well doing things like mowing, shoveling snow, washing cars, etc. Depends on how bad you need the money and your situation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9899943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    And this is a private forum so they make the rules does not matter if you do not like it thems the rules!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9900173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
    Ask William J McCorkle and his lovely (ex) wife Chantel.....they ffinally are both out of federal prison, he served longer than her - for selling his informercial/s to "get rich" on tv in the 90's

    they rented helicopters and yachts and made income claims and said anyone could do it, they would help, blah blah blah...they had paid actors singing their praises ..."I went from welfare to wealth" blah blah....well they did the crime and the time.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To the OP who "needs" $120 and is going to spend $20 to find a "way"....honestly keep the $20 then you only need $100.

    Every city has some "gigs" on craigslist you can probably do or get a quick part time job

    I have suggested before that people get a sales job or telemarketing job cause much of what you are doing is sales, online, offine, ...get your cold calling in and make some $$

    One reason to not spend your last money on any "wso" or scheme is that you really need more money....like the old saying "it takes money to make money"

    At least you need a domain, a real website (no not Blogger)....computer, smart phone or iphone,
    some money for ads (online)....offline money for printing, maybe ads, etc

    $20 won't cut it. The plans with "no money" often are just some variation of a fiverr "gig".
    or something so penny ante you won't make real money.

    Telemarketing is a good skill and the rooms hire on the spot, make some quick $$
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9900233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NRabosa
    I appreciate everyone's replies here. I'm a hardworking person and I'm using my brain to pick the right WSO that I deem doable and fits my skillset well. Don't get me started with gambling. I'm way past that. I lost a lot of money playing online casino and I'd like to focus on what I do best and what I love to do. Just wondering how WSO sellers can make a guarantee, without tellin' ya how much you can make. Now, that's a real marketer!

    If what I have now is not enough to be my harvest, then I'll make it as my seed. I would not let myself be fooled, but it happened many times back during my linkbuilding days, (down the slums at reciprocal links section) and now I feel leveling up and take IM/MMO seriously.

    This $20 dollars I have is my disposable income and I can do whatever I want with it. And I choose to buy a method that works.

    I just wouldn't like to make this a whole lotta fuss, it's the WSO sellers that got explaining to do. If ever comes the time I'd get to my successful plateau, maybe, just maybe, I'd make my own WSO. That's what my long-term plan is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9900997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben West
    Income claims on WSOs are redundant and more often than not completely fictional. I bet 90% of them just pluck a number out of thin are. So the removal of this is only a good thing in my mind.

    People should stick to selling techniques to generate income, not selling dreams of quick riches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9901020].message }}

Trending Topics