Clarify some Article Marketing points for me...

by sylviad 30 replies
Hi Warriors,

Somewhere along the line it was drilled into me that article directories will not be pleased if you shoot them 10 articles a day. In fact, they recommend sending no more than 3-5 per week.

Yet, I keep reading posts by Warriors who are producing 8-10 articles a day in their article marketing compaigns, and as many as a few hundred per month.

Which is right?

Can you really send 100-200 articles per month to the directories without encountering problems? It's my understanding that the directories will actually ban you if you bombard them like that.

If it is NOT a good idea to send more than 3-5 articles per week, what do you do with the rest of the articles? You can put them on your blog, Squidoo lens, in autoresponder messages and on your site, but where else can you use them for maximum exposure like you'd get with article directories?

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions because I find this rather confusing.

Also...

Ezine Articles recently announced that they will be looking much closer at the articles they receive. The goal is to give more attention to articles that have something original to offer. They are aiming to reject articles that contain the same information that is repeated in other articles on the site.

If this comes to pass, what does that mean for Warriors who use article marketing?

Consider... there is only so much you can say about some topics before it's all been written. Eventually, it's difficult coming up with new angles, new material and new information. At that point, how do you approach your articles?

Case in point.

I've been writing about anxiety to promote anxiety-related products for over 2 years now and to be perfectly honest, I'm all written out (between articles and blog posts). It's almost impossible to find anything more I can add that people probably haven't already seen in other articles. This means I have to find an entirely new way of promoting this particular product.

Any thoughts?

Sylvia
#main internet marketing discussion forum #article #clarify #marketing #points
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author threeg5
    Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    Somewhere along the line it was drilled into me that article directories will not be pleased if you shoot them 10 articles a day. In fact, they recommend sending no more than 3-5 per week.

    Yet, I keep reading posts by Warriors who are producing 8-10 articles a day in their article marketing compaigns, and as many as a few hundred per month.

    Which is right?

    Can you really send 100-200 articles per month to the directories without encountering problems? It's my understanding that the directories will actually ban you if you bombard them like that.

    If it is NOT a good idea to send more than 3-5 articles per week, what do you do with the rest of the articles? You can put them on your blog, Squidoo lens, in autoresponder messages and on your site, but where else can you use them for maximum exposure like you'd get with article directories?

    I'd be interested in hearing your opinions because I find this rather confusing.

    Also...

    Ezine Articles recently announced that they will be looking much closer at the articles they receive. The goal is to give more attention to articles that have something original to offer. They are aiming to reject articles that contain the same information that is repeated in other articles on the site.

    If this comes to pass, what does that mean for Warriors who use article marketing?

    Consider... there is only so much you can say about some topics before it's all been written. Eventually, it's difficult coming up with new angles, new material and new information. At that point, how do you approach your articles?

    Case in point.

    I've been writing about anxiety to promote anxiety-related products for over 2 years now and to be perfectly honest, I'm all written out (between articles and blog posts). It's almost impossible to find anything more I can add that people probably haven't already seen in other articles. This means I have to find an entirely new way of promoting this particular product.

    Any thoughts?

    Sylvia
    how about writing about writing for anxiety. Sounds like you need to go up or down a level on the subject. That is unless you have already done this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[89652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      I do have a new approach in the works, but it still targeted at people suffering from the condition, not people wanting to write about it. Although, I have done some that talk about writing things down to help them overcome their anxiety.

      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[89675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author traceye
    Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

    ...

    Can you really send 100-200 articles per month to the directories without encountering problems? It's my understanding that the directories will actually ban you if you bombard them like that.

    Sylvia...
    Where did you hear that? I think a lot of article marketers would be out of business if that were the case!

    I think perhaps you mean you could get into trouble if you bombard the article directories with the SAME article.

    As long as the articles are different there is no problem. I often submit 4 or 5 per day to ezine, sometimes more sometimes less.

    Many warriors submit many more than that with no problem whatsoever.

    Tracey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[89995].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marian Berghes
      i put around 4 per day and never had any problems
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[90004].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sylviad
        Tracey,

        It has been repeatedly stated in most of the article marketing materials I've read - from ebooks to how-to articles - that it's best to limit your article directory submissions to one article every few days. I joined an article submission site and he stated this fact, too. He only allows you 8 articles per month with your subscription, which he suggests you spread out at 2 per week.

        Now, he might be concerned about HIS site getting slapped for sending too many articles to the database at a time (spamming), but that's not how his instructions read. Other such services do not have any restriction on how many articles you send through their systems and they don't seem to be having any problem.

        The instruction is not talking about sending the same article more than once to the same directory - why would you do that anyway :confused:

        I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more input. Where are all you prolific article marketers who have been doing this for years? What's YOUR take on this?

        Maybe someone can tell me where this idea might have originated - because if it once was, and now is not a restriction, it would be good to know.

        Sylvia
        Signature
        :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
        :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[93853].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author traceye
          Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

          ...
          It has been repeatedly stated in most of the article marketing materials I've read - from ebooks to how-to articles - that it's best to limit your article directory submissions to one article every few days. I joined an article submission site and he stated this fact, too. He only allows you 8 articles per month with your subscription, which he suggests you spread out at 2 per week...
          Just because SYA only allows 8 articles per month doesn't mean it's the right way to market. Remember even with their article leverage program your SAME article is being distributed to MANY different directories even if it is somewhat modified.

          What many article marketers do is submit a unique article ONCE to EZA. Then follow up with another article and another... 4-5 articles is not uncommon.

          You'll find that most article directories do want lots of content on their sites - it's what earns them money (through adsense clicks etc), the more articles the more money they make. It would be crazy for them to limit that.

          Also most article marketers do it for traffic. Consider the difference between how much traffic you will get with 8 articles a month, compared to 8 articles a week, or even a 8 per day.

          Now backlinks is a different story. It's true that you don't want thousands of backlinks happen immediately to your site (as this can raise red flags with google). But you will find with many marketers (myself included) that those 4 or 5 articles per day are not to the same website.

          Out of all the articles I submit, I probably only have between 20-30 articles per niche per site (sometimes more, sometimes less).

          Submitting articles of different topics and different niches keeps me fresh too. I'm not sure I COULD write 200 articles on one topic!

          Anyway, hope that helps
          Tracey
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94880].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sylviad
            Traceye...

            Thanks for your excellent feedback. It has really clarified some of this for me. This idea of limited articles got into my brain at some point and I maintained that belief ever since. Clearly, either the info providers were/are incorrect or things have changed since then.

            EA just responded to my query on how many articles they will accept and I'm so glad to tell anyone who had the same concerns as I did that they have no limit whatsoever...

            "We currently do not have any limits to how many articles an author may submit. We encourage our authors to write as often as they are able to." EA.

            You are right, of course. Producing more than 8 articles per month is certainly a more preferable approach. Being the stickler for following rules, I've only been doing 8 and continued to be discouraged to see few results.

            Thanks to you (and others who responded to this thread), and EA, I'm now feeling much more comfortable about doing as many as I possibly can.

            Sylvia


            Signature
            :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
            :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122643].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
              Depending on your niche, it's wise if you write a lot of articles about the same general topic to look for related subcategories at EZA. I write a lot about article marketing, but they also have subcats for Traffic Building, SEO, Blogging, Article Writing, and I'm sure some others.

              This matters because when your articles first get approved, they show up on EZA's homepage and also at or near the top of the individual subcat page(s) you submitted to. So, if you write and submit, say, 10 articles on the same day, it's better to have 5 going to one subcat and 5 to a different subcat than all 10 to one subcat.

              Why? Law of diminishing returns. If you get X number of views and click-throughs from one new article, you won't get 10X from 10 new articles all showing up on the same day. They compete with each other, drowning each other out.

              To combat this, look for at least 2 subcats that are relevant for your articles; or, tailor your article content to appeal to that second subcat for half of your articles.

              Another winning strategy is to take those 10 new articles and spread out the submissions over 2 days, if you must submit to the same subcat.

              The other option is to submit 5 to EZA and 5 to GoArticles or some other top directory. I sometimes use three of them: EZA, GA, and SearchWarp.

              John
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122673].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sylviad
            Originally Posted by traceye View Post

            ...What many article marketers do is submit a unique article ONCE to EZA. Then follow up with another article and another... 4-5 articles is not uncommon.

            ...But you will find with many marketers (myself included) that those 4 or 5 articles per day are not to the same website.

            Out of all the articles I submit, I probably only have between 20-30 articles per niche per site (sometimes more, sometimes less).

            Submitting articles of different topics and different niches keeps me fresh too. I'm not sure I COULD write 200 articles on one topic!...
            Traceye, could you clarify these points for me?

            They submit one UNIQUE article once... and f/u with 4-5 more. Do you mean the first article is unique, and the rest are versions of the first, or different aspects of the first article. ie: one unique article on dog aggression and 4-5 on dog aggression towards other dogs, dog aggression around food, dog aggression around strangers, etc.? Because these would still all be original articles.

            ... One article once to one directory and then 4-5 more articles to different sites? So you're writing 5 articles in total and submitting them to 5 different sites? Why not just send all 5 to one directory and to every directory you can?

            I'm not sure I COULD write 200 articles on one topic... My problem exactly, but I see Warriors stating they DO produce that many in a month although not necessarily on one topic. So you only have 20-30 in one niche? That seems a little low if you're using article marketing to promote. Do you rewrite those 20-30 - add new paragraphs with new info here and there or just stop at your original 20-30?

            Thanks for your insight.

            Sylvia
            Signature
            :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
            :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122679].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author zephyrwriting
              Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

              Traceye, could you clarify these points for me?

              They submit one UNIQUE article once... and f/u with 4-5 more. Do you mean the first article is unique, and the rest are versions of the first, or different aspects of the first article. ie: one unique article on dog aggression and 4-5 on dog aggression towards other dogs, dog aggression around food, dog aggression around strangers, etc.? Because these would still all be original articles.

              ... One article once to one directory and then 4-5 more articles to different sites? So you're writing 5 articles in total and submitting them to 5 different sites? Why not just send all 5 to one directory and to every directory you can?
              What some people have been doing is rewriting existing articles completely. In the past I have been contacted at various times by people wanting '1 unique article and 5 rewrites of that article'.

              At first, I assumed that they meant what you were saying: 1 unique article and 5 other articles that elaborate more on one aspect of that article. Yet I quickly found out that they didn't mean that at all. What they wanted was the exact same points of one article rewritten (or 'spun' if you want to put it more politely).

              Seems like it is a pretty common thing.

              -Vish.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122699].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author sylviad
              Good points, John. Thank you.

              I see your point about diminishing returns.

              To be honest, I hadn't even considered different categories because the directories don't always given you subs., or not many. For instance, I write on anxiety and submit to Mental Health category. Well, I suppose mental health is a sub-cat of health, isn't it? I'll have to take a closer look at how I can make the topic fit into other cats., like self help maybe, if there is one.

              Sylvia
              Signature
              :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
              :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122707].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author sylviad
                Originally Posted by Gunter Eibl View Post

                10 articles in a day is a good idea... as long you keep doing that with consistency. There is no point in submitting a bunch of articles and then nothing thereafter. Consistency works better than quantity.

                Gunter
                You are so right... a definite issue for me is lack of consistency. When I do maintain consistency over several weeks I see a marked improvement in results than when I have a whirlwind writing session over a week and then nothing for 2-3 weeks or more.

                Originally Posted by ebizib View Post

                This really depends, but it is not good to have too many links coming from the same article directory to the same blog post such as 20 in one day from ezine, I submit a lot of articles and as long as I keep 5-10 per day to different blog post or a web page I am fine. I have them approved in the order received and so far no problems for me!
                As you point out, you can get around this by having different pages that relate to that article. For instance, you can refer them to your main blog page or to a specific blog page URL, which are different destinations. I do this all the time with my web sites. Sometimes I send them to my Bookshelf which lists all the products I'm promoting, other times to my main page where they can find links to the individual products, and at other times to the actual product review page.

                Originally Posted by zephyrwriting View Post

                What some people have been doing is rewriting existing articles completely. In the past I have been contacted at various times by people wanting '1 unique article and 5 rewrites of that article'.

                At first, I assumed that they meant what you were saying: 1 unique article and 5 other articles that elaborate more on one aspect of that article. Yet I quickly found out that they didn't mean that at all. What they wanted was the exact same points of one article rewritten (or 'spun' if you want to put it more politely).

                Seems like it is a pretty common thing.

                -Vish.
                Yes. I had someone ask me to do the same thing, which was rather alien to me. How many times can you write the same material without adding anything new? Besides, why would you want such an article? Surely readers would benefit more from articles with new info worked in, much like news articles do, than they would from the same info reworded. I think of credibility. If you aren't providing anything new, how does that build your credibility as an expert in your niche?

                Sylvia
                Signature
                :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
                :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122746].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author zephyrwriting
                  Originally Posted by sylviad View Post


                  Yes. I had someone ask me to do the same thing, which was rather alien to me. How many times can you write the same material without adding anything new? Besides, why would you want such an article? Surely readers would benefit more from articles with new info worked in, much like news articles do, than they would from the same info reworded. I think of credibility. If you aren't providing anything new, how does that build your credibility as an expert in your niche?

                  Sylvia
                  If I were to hazard a guess, I'm assuming that they're going for quantity and sacrificing quality along the way. Either that or they are promoting 5 different websites, and want one version to submit to article ezines and 5 other 'spin offs' for their own multiple websites.

                  Honestly, the latter does make some kind of sense, but I get the sneaky feeling that the people who contacted me were not trying to do that.

                  -Vish.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122943].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Justin Jordan
              Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

              Traceye, could you clarify these points for me?



              I'm not sure I COULD write 200 articles on one topic... My problem exactly, but I see Warriors stating they DO produce that many in a month although not necessarily on one topic. So you only have 20-30 in one niche? That seems a little low if you're using article marketing to promote. Do you rewrite those 20-30 - add new paragraphs with new info here and there or just stop at your original 20-30?

              Thanks for your insight.

              Sylvia
              You'd be amazed - I've written fifty unique articles on a tiny subject. In fact, based on one sales page and not much else. The problem isn't so much coming up with the ideas - which is doable if you sit down and do it - but that writing that much about one thing can be pretty tedious, unless it's a broad subject. Writing 200 articles about, say, weight loss in general would probably be easy.

              I spent yesterday coming up with the titles and ideas for the articles I want to write over the next month, and I got 100 of them.

              What I can't do, even with unlimited time, is write more than five or so a day. I can write ten articles in a day every now and again, but generally after 2500 words my brain turns to mush.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[123285].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
                I use to submit a large number of articles each day but stopped doing so after I realized how important timing was. I eventually learned that I could get as many views on EZA with 1 article as I could with 10.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[123324].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                  Sylvia, whoever is writing these books saying that you should never submit
                  more than 3 - 5 articles a week should be sued for stupidity. They
                  certainly have no business writing about article marketing.

                  I've been submitting insane amounts of articles to EZA daily and never had
                  a problem. These directories love all the content. The more you give them,
                  the more pages they get to create with content and Adsense income.

                  If we stopped writing as much as we do, they'd be hurting big time.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[123352].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Allen Graves
                    Can you sue for stupidity? LOL, Steven

                    Sylvia,

                    Speaking on behalf of a great majority of article directory owners, we do not mind you submitting 10 or 20 articles in a single day...some have even told me that they don't mind 50 from a single author on a given day.

                    What we DON'T want, is for someone to join our directory and submit their entire 3,000 article portfolio in one sitting!!

                    There is a point in which we believe the search engines, namely Google, will see this large amount of backlinks to a single website coming from a single domain (the article directory) and recognize it as some sort of scheme or scam to get backlinks, therefore slapping the search engine domain.

                    What this level is we have not decided, but I can tell you that 20 articles per day would be fine...certainly 10 is OK.

                    Respectfully,
                    Allen Graves
                    Signature
                    Every day I check the obituaries. If I don't see my name there, then I know it's going to be a good day!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[123616].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author sylviad
                    Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post

                    ...The problem isn't so much coming up with the ideas - which is doable if you sit down and do it - but that writing that much about one thing can be pretty tedious, unless it's a broad subject. Writing 200 articles about, say, weight loss in general would probably be easy.

                    I spent yesterday coming up with the titles and ideas for the articles I want to write over the next month, and I got 100 of them.

                    What I can't do, even with unlimited time, is write more than five or so a day. I can write ten articles in a day every now and again, but generally after 2500 words my brain turns to mush.
                    Tediousness IS a problem, for sure, as is brain mush . I'm tired of writing about anxiety, which I've done for 2 years now. It all seems repetitious now. But after a break, I reenergize and come up with something new or a different angle to get me through a few articles.

                    One method I use for article ideas is keyword searches. I search the main keyword and write on the different phrases that come up.

                    Originally Posted by zephyrwriting View Post

                    If I were to hazard a guess, I'm assuming that they're going for quantity and sacrificing quality along the way. Either that or they are promoting 5 different websites, and want one version to submit to article ezines and 5 other 'spin offs' for their own multiple websites.

                    Honestly, the latter does make some kind of sense, but I get the sneaky feeling that the people who contacted me were not trying to do that.

                    -Vish.
                    The latter DOES make sense and I'm sure it's as you say... more about quantity than quality, which I don't see as being a very smart approach if they want credibility.

                    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                    Sylvia, whoever is writing these books saying that you should never submit
                    more than 3 - 5 articles a week should be sued for stupidity. They
                    certainly have no business writing about article marketing...
                    Just to be clear... The books weren't specifically about article marketing, they were about internet marketing in general. The low number seemed odd to me too, until I considered the "spamming" concept - which somewhere down the line was translated into bombarding the directories with articles.

                    Thanks to all you knowledgeable Warriors, I'm dumping my previous beliefs and will, in fact, begin bombarding the directories!

                    Sylvia
                    Signature
                    :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
                    :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[123625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RRicart
    Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    Somewhere along the line it was drilled into me that article directories will not be pleased if you shoot them 10 articles a day. In fact, they recommend sending no more than 3-5 per week.

    Yet, I keep reading posts by Warriors who are producing 8-10 articles a day in their article marketing compaigns, and as many as a few hundred per month.

    Which is right?

    Can you really send 100-200 articles per month to the directories without encountering problems? It's my understanding that the directories will actually ban you if you bombard them like that.

    If it is NOT a good idea to send more than 3-5 articles per week, what do you do with the rest of the articles? You can put them on your blog, Squidoo lens, in autoresponder messages and on your site, but where else can you use them for maximum exposure like you'd get with article directories?

    I'd be interested in hearing your opinions because I find this rather confusing.

    Also...

    Ezine Articles recently announced that they will be looking much closer at the articles they receive. The goal is to give more attention to articles that have something original to offer. They are aiming to reject articles that contain the same information that is repeated in other articles on the site.

    If this comes to pass, what does that mean for Warriors who use article marketing?

    Consider... there is only so much you can say about some topics before it's all been written. Eventually, it's difficult coming up with new angles, new material and new information. At that point, how do you approach your articles?

    Case in point.

    I've been writing about anxiety to promote anxiety-related products for over 2 years now and to be perfectly honest, I'm all written out (between articles and blog posts). It's almost impossible to find anything more I can add that people probably haven't already seen in other articles. This means I have to find an entirely new way of promoting this particular product.

    Any thoughts?

    Sylvia
    Maybe they are submitting articles to about 20 to 30 directories that are ranked well on the search engines...that may be the method they are using..

    Now about Ezine and original content - I believe that folks should always submit original content - even if that means revising your PLR products a bit.....

    Now about being all written out on anxiety, maybe you can write about similar issues if you havent already done so , like stress, or anxiety on a certain topic, there are hundreds of things in life that can cause anxiety - i guess by getting more specific on topics may give you more grounds to write - but then again, that means you probably have to learn about those topics before you write about them.....not easy but just a suggestion.
    Signature

    Newbies Find a solution to your Frustrations! Newbie Internet Marketing Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[93881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dave Cornish
    If you keep the content fresh and unique you should have no problem submitting 4+ per day. It's when you start to repeat the same ideas using only slightly different words that you will run into problems.
    Signature
    --
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[93894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rainyclayday
      I routinely submit 4 or more articles per day without a problem. In fact, I have never read anything about limiting how many articles you submit, this is the first I've heard of that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[93923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shon Chris
    Actually Chris Knight of EZA suggests submitting at least 2,5 or 10 articles at any one time.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      Originally Posted by shonc2000 View Post

      Actually Chris Knight of EZA suggests submitting at least 2,5 or 10 articles at any one time.
      Really? Where does he say that? I know the directories I've submitted to recently sent back a confirmation saying: "Keep 'em coming", "We love articles - send more" or something to that effect. From that, I'd have to ASSume they want as many as I can produce in as short a period of time as possible. The last thing I'd want to do is get banned from directories for spamming with articles.

      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94145].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author threeg5
        Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

        Really? Where does he say that? I know the directories I've submitted to recently sent back a confirmation saying: "Keep 'em coming", "We love articles - send more" or something to that effect. From that, I'd have to ASSume they want as many as I can produce in as short a period of time as possible. The last thing I'd want to do is get banned from directories for spamming with articles.

        Sylvia
        Of course I am just being funny, but have you read your own material (the anxiety part)?
        You should just simply write them (the owner or someone that can be contacted at the article site), and ask them. I am quite positive that they will tell you something along the lines of

        Originally Posted by traceye View Post

        I think perhaps you mean you could get into trouble if you bombard the article directories with the SAME article.

        As long as the articles are different there is no problem.
        from those people that answer you back.

        I personally try different strategies within my articles so not all get approved, but they are not necessarily expected to. I can and have wrote 17 articles in one day and submitted them and had 14 of them approved.
        It is not always easy but it is possible and of course you have to know what they want and what they do not want.

        I would not worry about any of it and make sure that the articles are not just "spun" articles and do it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sylviad
          Originally Posted by threeg5 View Post

          Of course I am just being funny, but have you read your own material (the anxiety part)?
          You should just simply write them (the owner or someone that can be contacted at the article site), and ask them. I am quite positive that they will tell you something along the lines of



          from those people that answer you back.

          I personally try different strategies within my articles so not all get approved, but they are not necessarily expected to. I can and have wrote 17 articles in one day and submitted them and had 14 of them approved.
          It is not always easy but it is possible and of course you have to know what they want and what they do not want.

          I would not worry about any of it and make sure that the articles are not just "spun" articles and do it.
          Very funny, hah-hah! :rolleyes: You consider my concerns to be anxiety-driven? How about... cautious?

          And yes, I have written to ask about the article limit but haven't heard back yet. So there! :rolleyes: The question hasn't bothered me all that much over the years, but I was on another thread that talked about 100-200 article submissions per month and I just had to put forth my query to the Warriors. I've always wondered (just 'wondered'!) why people kept saying this while I kept limiting my submissions based on something I heard probably years ago.

          My impression is that it IS okay to submit as much as I can produce, so I will. No stress here.

          Sylvia
          Signature
          :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
          :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JFrost
    Original content will never run dry... Do what your doing by asking other writers how they cope and you will not only share but stimulate your creative mind. Sometimes articles pack more of a punch when written from outside the box. That's where the readers are. Good Luck Oh yea on the article submissions, use multiple directories and only submit a limited amount per week to each and that should solve your problem. Ezine is not the only high ranking directory.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Terry Crim
    I am not sure that the people that do 10 articles a day are submitting them all to the article directories. I use blogs, social media sites like facebook and others and other resources and sites in addition to the article directories.

    I don't know why anyone would use ONE source for all their material.


    - Terry
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sylviad
      Originally Posted by Terry Crim View Post

      I am not sure that the people that do 10 articles a day are submitting them all to the article directories. I use blogs, social media sites like facebook and others and other resources and sites in addition to the article directories.

      I don't know why anyone would use ONE source for all their material.


      - Terry
      My bad... Been submitting to top 3-5 article directories for years, just started blogging, and discovering social media opportunities. Tunnel vision is certainly a handicap. I could have done so much more.

      Sylvia
      Signature
      :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
      :: Need articles, ebooks written? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[94467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gunter Eibl
    10 articles in a day is a good idea... as long you keep doing that with consistency. There is no point in submitting a bunch of articles and then nothing thereafter. Consistency works better than quantity.

    Gunter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[122683].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics