Avangate - why do i get so many affiliates but not a single one has sold a thing?

21 replies
Does anyone here sell using Avangate?

I put a product or two on there about a year ago and get about 1-5 new affiliates signing up to promote my product every single day.. yet zero sales at all.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this "ghost affiliate army" who doesn't seem to help at all?
#affiliates #avangate #single #sold #thing
  • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
    Well anything free and easy to sign up for, you will get a lot of people who jump for that.
    Then they do nothing.

    Many of them probably do not have a real website, or any following just trying aimlessly to make money online.

    Another thought - maybe your product is not that easy to sell?
    You might try a higher level affiliate program
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikefashen
    Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

    Does anyone here sell using Avangate?

    I put a product or two on there about a year ago and get about 1-5 new affiliates signing up to promote my product every single day.. yet zero sales at all.

    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this "ghost affiliate army" who doesn't seem to help at all?
    It's also entirely possible that you aren't giving any of them any reason to be motivated to sell your products.

    Are you giving a really good commission? Are you following up with people when they sign up to be on of your affiliates even if just by autoresponder and giving them links to your creatives? Do you run any contests to create a little competition and get people excited about "extras" you give to winners (and bragging rights for being on a leader board)?

    If you aren't doing any of those things that might explain why no one has been motivated to sell for you. Just a thought.
    Signature

    Stop trying and start DOING

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903773].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
      I agree with mikefashen. One thing he didn't mention was dicount codes. Have you tried giving your affiliates the ability to give out discount codes for the products you have them promote for you? I believe Avangate has that functionality built in. Contests also work well if the prizes you give out are enticing.

      Originally Posted by mikefashen View Post

      It's also entirely possible that you aren't giving any of them any reason to be motivated to sell your products.

      Are you giving a really good commission? Are you following up with people when they sign up to be on of your affiliates even if just by autoresponder and giving them links to your creatives? Do you run any contests to create a little competition and get people excited about "extras" you give to winners (and bragging rights for being on a leader board)?

      If you aren't doing any of those things that might explain why no one has been motivated to sell for you. Just a thought.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9904068].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jkruger
        How are you setup? Does the final sale reside within your site or theirs?

        If they are referring you traffic, and it is not converting, either they are not setting up the sale correctly, or your site does not convert.
        Signature

        send a pen glitter bomb with our exclusive glitter deployment system - www.sendapen.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9904076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    There are all kinds of reasons you don't get affiliate sales. Have you supplied affiliate tools these affiliates can use to promote your product? Affiliates don't know anything about your product so you need to educate them and supply the promotional tools necessary for you and your affiliates to earn money.

    Have you promoted your product yourself? You have to have promotional tools you used to promote your products. If you have, how is your sales letter converting.

    These are just a couple of example why affiliates are not making any sales. You can't always blame the affiliates for no sales.

    Best regards,
    Steve Yakim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9904083].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
      Originally Posted by yakim1 View Post

      There are all kinds of reasons you don't get affiliate sales. Have you supplied affiliate tools these affiliates can use to promote your product? Affiliates don't know anything about your product so you need to educate them and supply the promotional tools necessary for you and your affiliates to earn money.

      Have you promoted your product yourself? You have to have promotional tools you used to promote your products. If you have, how is your sales letter converting.

      These are just a couple of example why affiliates are not making any sales. You can't always blame the affiliates for no sales.

      Best regards,
      Steve Yakim
      That is a truly great point Steve....has the OP had success selling the product personally?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9904264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    In addition to the comments above, I think it's a numbers game, there is a small number of all affiliates that make money, you'd be surprised on how many dormant accounts affiliate programs and networks have
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9904833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joan Altz
    Also, with regard to the frequency of signups you're having, Avangate has it set up where a lot of new affiliates can click one button and be auto-approved for over 1000 Avangate vendors. If you're one of those vendors, affiliates may not have even seen any of your products they are signed up for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    Most people have no idea how to promote affiliate products. It would be a better idea to contact well-known affiliate marketers directly and ask if they want to promote your product. One awesome affiliate is a million times better than a bunch of affiliates that do nothing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027266].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
      Just because you are dealing with affiliates and salespeople, doesn't mean you don't need to treat them like customers.

      Communication is essential in our greatest of forged relationships (marriage).

      If you do not communicate and develop relationships with your affiliates, then the result is obvious - no pudding and wandering efforts!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027402].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nahawee A
        This is such great insight--- a quote from professorrosado


        Just because you are dealing with affiliates and salespeople, doesn't mean you don't need to treat them like customers.

        Communication is essential in our greatest of forged relationships (marriage).

        If you do not communicate and develop relationships with your affiliates, then the result is obvious
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027446].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
          Post #11 and 12 beat me to it. What stopped me is when I read your post title. That immediately told me you don't communicate very well with your affiliates or at least enough to know the answer to your thread question.

          Result? It forces you to ask complete strangers regarding "your" affiliates. When the best and most accurate answer to the question can only come from your own research and affiliate communications or someone you hire to do it.

          The best anyone can do here is speculate, guess or give you hunches. Not a very dependable business model to solve your problem.
          Signature
          Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
          "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
          "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daniyal100
    Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

    Does anyone here sell using Avangate?

    I put a product or two on there about a year ago and get about 1-5 new affiliates signing up to promote my product every single day.. yet zero sales at all.

    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this "ghost affiliate army" who doesn't seem to help at all?
    LOL, that's how affiliate marketing works for 99% of the people.. there are tons of forums having tons of posts from guys sharing their success that the received their first payment of 7$ from adsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
    Banned
    Thanks for all the advice but most of you are just spouting stuff I already know and actually has nothing to do with my question.

    YES, I DO communicate with my affiliates (the ones that are not ghosts or bots and who actually send me traffic/sales)

    and YES I DID setup my avangate affiliate section to it's full potential including coupon codes etc.

    and YES I WOULD SAY my products/funnel is GOOD ENOUGH to promote

    I am not asking for advice on ANY of those things...

    I am asking why there is a fake affiliate ghost army of people who don't exist on avangate.com.

    I can only assume since none of you seem to offer any concrete experience advice from avangate that none of you actually have a product for sell on there - much less have an avangate affiliate promoting FOR them.

    SO... again thanks for all your advice ( i know you guys think you are helping) but it's not very helpful actually.

    I didn't come here looking for "how to get affiliates to sell for me" advice which I don't need.

    But actually I am looking for ANYONE who has evidence to show avangate is even a legitimate network in the beginning.

    So.. I ask again... anyone have any produt on avangate that an actual affiliate has ever sold for them? Anyone at all?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisnos
      You say you do these things, but just because you say it doesn't mean it's the reality.

      It sounds like you're fighting with the fact you need to admit the world might not be the way you think it is.

      Look into your affiliates - what are they selling? Are they the right targeted market, and offering your products to the right market?

      Or, are they just offering your stuff to people who don't really want it, or targeting it wrong.

      This is the most likely reason.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      Thanks for all the advice but most of you are just spouting stuff I already know and actually has nothing to do with my question.

      YES, I DO communicate with my affiliates (the ones that are not ghosts or bots and who actually send me traffic/sales)

      and YES I DID setup my avangate affiliate section to it's full potential including coupon codes etc.

      and YES I WOULD SAY my products/funnel is GOOD ENOUGH to promote

      I am not asking for advice on ANY of those things...

      I am asking why there is a fake affiliate ghost army of people who don't exist on avangate.com.

      I can only assume since none of you seem to offer any concrete experience advice from avangate that none of you actually have a product for sell on there - much less have an avangate affiliate promoting FOR them.

      SO... again thanks for all your advice ( i know you guys think you are helping) but it's not very helpful actually.

      I didn't come here looking for "how to get affiliates to sell for me" advice which I don't need.

      But actually I am looking for ANYONE who has evidence to show avangate is even a legitimate network in the beginning.

      So.. I ask again... anyone have any produt on avangate that an actual affiliate has ever sold for them? Anyone at all?
      Yes, but I AM An AFFILIATE of AVANGATE! I spoke to you as one of your potential affiliates. I have NEVER received ANY communication from my vendors! Not once! Other than the fact that I am working on particular traffic methods, you must realize that affiliates have other things on the burners.

      Because of this, you must treat affiliates like fish in a pond. Even though you know they're there, you still need to catch them up! Engage them in contests, discussion, etc. In the travel business (I co-own an agency), suppliers (vendors) run FAMS (Familiarization Tours). we get to travel and stay at exotic places often for free or lowest cost imaginable to "try it out". Travel suppliers understand that there are many competitors and agents have a wide variety to choose from. So they communicate and educate and make both as easy and pleasurable as possible in order to get our attention and send business their way.

      So to keep it short. Avangate is real, Affiliates are real, I am real. What may not be real to all of us is what you are selling. So make it real. Keep it simple. Give your pool of affiliates motivation and reason to push you to the front of their long list of promotions. I know for a fact, that others are doing so.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115524].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
        Other than what I said above, you need to make sure that you are doing everything else right for your product and website. Basically, is your SEO in place and are you ranking for your product?

        The simple fact is, regardless of the affiliate program you use, you should be picking up really good power affiliates straight from your website - NOTE* If your product is any good and your presence on the web is easily searchable for your product genre, you should not be overly dependent on Avangate or any other network for your sales.

        Affiliate networks are not a replacement for good products / services and website /product ranking. It should be a part of an overall marketing strategy which, if effective, should resolve in both sales and "real" affiliate sign-ups.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joan Altz
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      Thanks for all the advice but most of you are just spouting stuff I already know and actually has nothing to do with my question.

      YES, I DO communicate with my affiliates (the ones that are not ghosts or bots and who actually send me traffic/sales)

      and YES I DID setup my avangate affiliate section to it's full potential including coupon codes etc.

      and YES I WOULD SAY my products/funnel is GOOD ENOUGH to promote

      I am not asking for advice on ANY of those things...

      I am asking why there is a fake affiliate ghost army of people who don't exist on avangate.com.
      I answered this for you awhile back...

      When affiliates sign up as an Avangate affiliate, they can click one button and be auto-approved for over 1000 products instantly on Avangate.

      If you are part of that auto-approval option, that's why you are getting a lot of affiliates who probably haven't even looked at your offer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      Thanks for all the advice but most of you are just spouting stuff I already know and actually has nothing to do with my question.

      YES, I DO communicate with my affiliates (the ones that are not ghosts or bots and who actually send me traffic/sales)

      and YES I DID setup my avangate affiliate section to it's full potential including coupon codes etc.

      and YES I WOULD SAY my products/funnel is GOOD ENOUGH to promote

      I am not asking for advice on ANY of those things...

      I am asking why there is a fake affiliate ghost army of people who don't exist on avangate.com.

      I can only assume since none of you seem to offer any concrete experience advice from avangate that none of you actually have a product for sell on there - much less have an avangate affiliate promoting FOR them.

      SO... again thanks for all your advice ( i know you guys think you are helping) but it's not very helpful actually.

      I didn't come here looking for "how to get affiliates to sell for me" advice which I don't need.

      But actually I am looking for ANYONE who has evidence to show avangate is even a legitimate network in the beginning.

      So.. I ask again... anyone have any produt on avangate that an actual affiliate has ever sold for them? Anyone at all?

      This is typical of your usual response and now that you've had your say, you can take your ball and go home and pout!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

    Does anyone here sell using Avangate?

    I put a product or two on there about a year ago and get about 1-5 new affiliates signing up to promote my product every single day.. yet zero sales at all.

    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this "ghost affiliate army" who doesn't seem to help at all?
    Do you give them all of the tools and equipment needed to sell your product? Do you give them a fast start guide? Do you give them a marketing plan? Have you considered giving them the same money making plan that YOU use to get sales?

    If you want affiliate sales... you have to do it for them. And the easiest way to do that is to give them everything they need to make sales - even your own marketing materials. And make yourself available to them.

    You make them rich, they will make you rich.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    I am an affiliate in Avangate, but I actually sell what I promote in there and have been for almost 2 years.

    I wasn't aware of the auto-approval option as I only promote one company's offers.

    Maybe you should contact avangate and ask them.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115587].message }}

Trending Topics