Is there money in dating in 2015? For a beginner

by mrmax
14 replies
Hi I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I'm debating which area to get started in and was thinking about dating.

But these days so many people are on their mobile phone and there are giants that dominate dating like the usual: Match, eHarmony, Zoosk, PoF, Tinder etc etc.
Also with places like Tinder so many people expect their social/dating experience to be free.

I was wondering if its worth it to start being an affiliate in 2015 for dating and to be profitable. I really dont want to spend the next 8 years eating ramen lol. So Im researching it.

Also when I looked into promoting smaller dating sites they all led to adult and I don't want to go that route.
Thanks for any feedback
#2015 #beginner #dating #money
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    I've promoted dating for a long time. Perhaps more years than some members have been alive. Is there money in it for a beginner? Most assuredly. Be smart and go niche. I have a thread in the war room that might even give you a hand.

    Edit. Just noticed that you're not in the war room. No problem. I'll keep an eye out for any dating questions here on WF and chip in when I see them.

    Tom
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9918970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrmax
      Originally Posted by Get Rich Methods View Post

      I've promoted dating for a long time. Perhaps more years than some members have been alive. Is there money in it for a beginner? Most assuredly. Be smart and go niche. I have a thread in the war room that might even give you a hand.

      Edit. Just noticed that you're not in the war room. No problem. I'll keep an eye out for any dating questions here on WF and chip in when I see them.

      Tom
      Thanks Tom!
      Over 10 Years ago I bought some good dating domain names and some dating templates software and put up sites for christian niche and mature niche. But I never touched the sites they just sat there.
      Today the sites are still up but not going anywhere. I wasn't sure if I should bother diving into them or move on to something else.

      I realized that I dont want to own actual dating sites with members as its too hard to get it going, but Id be interested in diving in if there was another role I could do.
      thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9918993].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
        Originally Posted by mrmax View Post

        Thanks Tom!
        Over 10 Years ago I bought some good dating domain names and some dating templates software and put up sites for christian niche and mature niche. But I never touched the sites they just sat there.
        Today the sites are still up but not going anywhere. I wasn't sure if I should bother diving into them or move on to something else.

        I realized that I dont want to own actual dating sites with members as its too hard to get it going, but Id be interested in diving in if there was another role I could do.
        thanks
        Oh hell. Hold onto those.

        If you bought these 10 years ago, then there's a chance you have some decent domains there; which are impossible to register in those niches nowadays. So, first advice: get an idea of value. Just domain value. You'll find a free appraisal section on NamePros.com. Really handy if you're unfamiliar with domain appraisals.

        I'm with you on the not wanting to own the dating sites. As you say, way, way, way too much hassle. I'm familiar with both sides of opertions (inside and affiliate) and I recommend sticking to the affiliate route. Anyway - onto your question. Both Christian and Mature dating are highly-competitive, but don't let that put you off. Before you do anything else (redesign, monetize, etc, etc) think about traffic. Forget SEO, forget PPC, go where you have a fighting chance: youtube, dailymotion, social nets like FB, forums. Think beyond that, too. Viral marketing, offline marketing.

        You might be tempted to look at POF ads for traffic. Avoid in those niches. Seriously. Some of us are spending 3 and 4 figures a day on ads. Those 2 niches get hammered a lot. If you go the POF route, you want to get into brand new niches or old niches but promoted in a brand new way. Your ads will soon be copied and lose their effectiveness, but that's how it works for us all.

        Tom
        Signature

        I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9919013].message }}
  • The fact that you see commercials for farmers dating sites...there has to be money in them. I guess the key is to get people to the site and become members. I'm not sure someone looking to pay for a dating site will be willing to pay for something that is merely a simple wordpress theme/plugin.

    You should look into prices for a custom site with custom features. You really need to create a USP for your dating site.

    -CG
    Signature

    Want to be part of the fastest growing segment of the foodservice industry? Earn a 20% residual affiliate commission on membership referrals. Get the details today.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9919003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    There's plenty of money in the dating niche. You have so many topics you can piece together and make a business out of:

    - General offline dating
    - Online dating
    - Text messaging game
    - Self confidence
    - How to approach a woman
    - First date ideas
    - etc

    It's a competitive field like "internet marketing".... hope you convince your leads to stay with you instead of darting off to some other guru.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9919015].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Slade556
      I think there is plenty of money to be made from the dating niche. You say you don't want dating sites with members, well then you have another gazillion possibilities to look into Like these:

      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      - General offline dating
      - Online dating
      - Text messaging game
      - Self confidence
      - How to approach a woman
      - First date ideas
      - etc
      and so many more! Offering valuable information on how to date and how to find love will pay off if you're doing it right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9930005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrmax
    thanks! I read this and got discouraged How Many More Online Dating Sites Do We Need? - Forbes so glad I asked here

    These are my sites:
    OlderDate.com - Dating and relationships for mature people (mature niche)
    eMonogamy.com (serious dating. Or Christian dating)

    As you can tell they got flooded with Nigerian fake accounts which is where those numbers came from. I doubt I have 50 actual people on each site. But the domains are good. I just never touched them. They come up for renewal this year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9919032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
      Originally Posted by mrmax View Post

      thanks! I read this and got discouraged How Many More Online Dating Sites Do We Need? - Forbes so glad I asked here

      These are my sites:
      OlderDate.com - Dating and relationships for mature people (mature niche)
      eMonogamy.com (serious dating. Or Christian dating)

      As you can tell they got flooded with Nigerian fake accounts which is where those numbers came from. I doubt I have 50 actual people on each site. But the domains are good. I just never touched them. They come up for renewal this year.
      OlderDate.com is a beautiful domain. I knew you had to have something nice. I'm not too keen on eMonogamy.com, but the other - very nice indeed. I'd likely only cause a debate on WF if I gave you a valuation. If you're interested, though, do check out NamePros.com. That domain is one heck of an easy sell to a major dating network. Very, very easy. You may want to hold onto it, though. Either way - you're looking good.

      And, yes, ignore pretty much everything Forbes has to say about internet marketing. They're not totally useless in this regard, but in my experience, most of their online marketing content doesn't come from folks like us who are in the trenches. I haven't read their article, but I can give the author an answer to his question: As many as people want. haha

      Tom
      Signature

      I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9919044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author n3o
    why not just switch over to white label dating site & focus on driving the traffic, rest they would take care ~
    Signature
    India Casino Affiliate - Best Casino Affiliate Programs in India
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9927572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingbanking
    Of course there is.

    But setting up a domain, without advertising traffic or social media traffic WILL NOT generate any income.

    Also, going for a basic site: hookup or gay for example without going niche, or even better sub niche
    won't generate anything.

    So, what is to be done?

    Have a hard think, find an unsaturated niche, geo. and go for it.

    It should take about 3 months to see results (overnight million dollar making SEO aren't real)

    Hit my signature link when your're ready to get started!
    Signature

    FREE WSO:
    Learn how to setup and make money from your own dating website www.datingbanking.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004808].message }}
  • If your going to be a affiliate marketer in the dating industry your best bet..

    Is to promote information products (Check out the dating niche products on clickbank)

    Instead of dating website
    Signature

    [CENTER][B]==> Do you want to make money online? [/B]
    Free video: How regular people are making 6-figures per month on the internet! [URL="http://www.clkmg.com/fc27/UDCL-IN2WF"][B]Watch this free video now![/B][/URL] <==[/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryan2008
    Yes there is always money to be made in this niche but make sure you build an e-mail list as an affiliate this is where the money is made.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    Unfortunately, a lot of the most lucrative marketing in dating uses unethical means like Tinder bots and chatroom bots. These are quite complex since they use artificial intelligence and logic trees to produce 'realistic' answers before they direct the people they are 'talking' with to dating sites-usually adult dating sites that pay $200 per sign up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by mrmax View Post

    Hi I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I'm debating which area to get started in and was thinking about dating.

    But these days so many people are on their mobile phone and there are giants that dominate dating like the usual: Match, eHarmony, Zoosk, PoF, Tinder etc etc.
    Also with places like Tinder so many people expect their social/dating experience to be free.

    I was wondering if its worth it to start being an affiliate in 2015 for dating and to be profitable. I really dont want to spend the next 8 years eating ramen lol. So Im researching it.

    Also when I looked into promoting smaller dating sites they all led to adult and I don't want to go that route.
    Thanks for any feedback
    There is still a ton of money in dating. Do you have an idea on how you plan on promoting it?
    Are you planning on promoting cpa offers? Or?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10005156].message }}

Trending Topics