Download The images form the companies...

by elsoar
15 replies
Hi
there's many websites they copy the photos from companies of the cars, such as BMW, Audi, etc.

Is this images does not have a copyright, so this famous websites share this files for free all the time?
#companies #download #form #images
  • Profile picture of the author chaotic squid
    Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

    so this famous websites share this files for free all the time?
    Yea, there's a secret club that you join and you get all the images you want for free. You have to go through a series of painful and humiliating rituals first before you become a member though.

    No but seriously, they are probably paying for the images. Why do you just assume they would be free?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elsoar
      Originally Posted by chaotic squid View Post

      No but seriously, they are probably paying for the images. Why do you just assume they would be free?
      First, because it is the big companies want to sell more products.
      Secondly, these images increase the popularity of products.
      Third, I do not think that all the sites get a written permission from the companies' web sites to display the images.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I don't think that these car companies care if you share their car photos on your website.

    Heck, this only helps their brand.
    Signature
    *** Work At Home Income Directory ***
    Your Best Source Online For Legitimate Work At Home And Home Business Opportunities!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quadagon
    There is not a lot of information to go on but if its the same image it maybe from a media pack.
    Signature
    I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Third, I do not think that all the sites get a written permission from the companies' web sites to display the images.
      Based on what? Experience, specific knowledge? Or is it "I think you can use those photos as you want because that's how I want it to be?"

      Photos from car mfg sites might be available for use but photos might have copyright belonging to the photographer. You don't know.

      If in doubt about using a photo you have no rights to - seek permission or take your chances. People here can tell you "it's fine - no problem" but they have nothing to lose if it's "not fine".
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
      ***

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    So, what's the best way to go on, or what i can do to get all photos from all websites which have brands or Products.

    Or rather, is it royalty free?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wtatlas
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      So, what's the best way to go on, or what i can do to get all photos from all websites which have brands or Products.

      Or rather, is it royalty free?
      The short answer is to contact the manufacturers concerned and ask them if you can have their permission to use the images you are interested in.

      I've just had a quick look at a couple of major car makers' websites and on their legal pages under copyright, as I expected, they both have clauses saying something like all images, text, etc., are subject to copyright and can't be reproduced, published, posted , copied, etc., without written permission.

      If you think about it why should it be any other way? These companies pay a lot of money to produce the images of their products and the words that describe them. They do this for themselves and for their appointed dealers, not for the benefit of other website owners, no matter how well-intentioned these website owners might be.

      The argument that they won't mind because they would be receiving more publicity doesn't wash. They control their own publicity and if they allowed the public at large to have free access to their product images and other material they would not be in control. Some people would use the material in an inappropriate way, others would try to make it appear that they have some association with the manufacturers, and so on. Why would any top brand risk that?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949612].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve B
        All creative work (photos, art, writing, music, etc) in the U.S. is automatically copyrighted to the creator. People file copyrights to protect their work and to streamline the process of enforcing their copyright, but when a work is created and published it is automatically covered.

        Copyright Law of the U.S.

        The images of cars that you spoke of are copyright protected for their creators. If you copy any of them, you risk being in violation of their copyright.

        You can sometimes get permission to use images. In addition, you can purchase varying licenses to use images from online stock photo companies.

        Don't just assume anything online is fair game, even if certain images pop up here and there all across the Internet.

        Steve
        Signature

        Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
        SteveBrowneDirect

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author san2hnl
    What are you planning on doing with these images? That's the important question. If you are just writing about cars on your blog, then there probably isn't an issue with using them. But you definitely can't use them in products that you are selling (like ebooks, for example).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elsoar
    Only would like to Share those images for free on my website, I think this reinforces the popularity of these products, but their contact is difficult.

    There are many sites posted pictures of those cars, I think they did not get explicit permission to do so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9949725].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Winning34
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      Only would like to Share those images for free on my website, I think this reinforces the popularity of these products, but their contact is difficult.

      There are many sites posted pictures of those cars, I think they did not get explicit permission to do so.
      Just because you're not selling them doesn't make it ok. And just because others are doing it doesn't make it ok either. By definition you don't get to see all the sites who received cease and desist notices.

      Just because something is on the interweb doesn't mean it's in the public domain.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KirkMcD
      Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

      ... I think ...
      ... I think ...
      It doesn't matter what you think.
      It only matters what reality is.
      You asked for advice. You got the truth. You don't like the truth. So you are going to do what you feel like doing anyway.
      Good luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950480].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author elsoar
        Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post

        You don't like the truth. So you are going to do what you feel like doing anyway.
        Good luck.
        What do you say, please do not Sentencing the people for just words.

        If sent to all companies request to allow me to use their photos.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Hunter
    Originally Posted by elsoar View Post

    Hi
    there's many websites they copy the photos from companies of the cars, such as BMW, Audi, etc.

    Is this images does not have a copyright, so this famous websites share this files for free all the time?
    Search for PRESS KIT.

    Images contained within press kits are intended for you to use to promote their products and/or services.

    If you just grab images you might be infringing, but on the other hand image you are taking might already be part of their press kit, and even if it is not, depending on the company they might not care either way if publicity is positive in nature.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950798].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Press kits are one idea - but the ones I've found for auto makers require either an approved membership in the site to download materials - or a healthy amount to be paid for USE of the press kit.

      It doesn't matter - the OP will do what he wants.

      It's OTHER new marketers reading this thread that need to know facts of potential copyright violation. "might not", "may be", and "probably be OK" are not good terms to rely on when making a business or legal decision.

      Just a caution - do what you will.
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world for one dog.
      ***

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9950901].message }}

Trending Topics