We tell them that they need to:
1) Choose their method of monetization (CPA, Affiliate, Social Media, Youtube, Adsense, Niche Sites, Email Marketing, PPC etc)
2) We tell them they need to learn up on their preferred method, stick to it, take action, grind it out and improve their methods till successful then scale up and/or diversify
This is great advice but its too general for a newbie, and its doesn't do much to add valuable actionable information to this forum. Newbies need to be trained on how to think, how to approach their learning.
We should encourage them to ask questions to help them choose a path and then follow it to completion:
1) What are the pro's, con's, of the different methods
2) What do I need to have in order to implement chosen method
3) What knowledge and skills are needed in order to implement method
4) What are the various parts of each skill that I need to have
5) Where can I learn all that I need to about each skill
6) Are there any alternative ways to implement my method
7) Where can I find skilled people to assist me (outsource)
8) What should I pay these individuals
I think approaching newbies from this perspective may both help them with actionable questions as well as improve the quality of info for other newbies to learn from in the future.
What do you all think?