by Rick54
20 replies
I would like to find:
  • Blogs
  • Websites
  • E-books
  • Training
Pertaining to site flipping.

Everything seems to be outdated and old that I can currently find.

Can anyone that is successful lead me in the right direction?

Rick
#flippers #training course #website
  • Profile picture of the author wasa1
    Have you tried the clickbank.com and done a search for the topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9974008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
    This is a good one: Blog - Empire Flippers

    Surprised you had difficulty finding good info on the topic. A simple google search would bring you all the resources you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9974016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick54
    Thanks for your replies.

    I know about clickbank. Most of the products are flipping houses, domains, blogs....etc

    Empire Flippers I also know about. There was some help there in one of the articles about niche sites...thx

    Rick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9977848].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author curiozities
      What a coincidence, I literally just finished reading FLipping Paradise today. It's a WSO and best of all, the price is right: F-R-E-E! Here is the link: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...thousands.html

      It sounds like a good system but I don't know that I have the patience to try it. That said, the info on traffic alone was an eye opener. You might want to check it out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9978004].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author im0001
        Originally Posted by curiozities View Post

        What a coincidence, I literally just finished reading FLipping Paradise today. It's a WSO and best of all, the price is right: F-R-E-E! Here is the link: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...thousands.html
        That link doesn't work for me. Is there any chance of sending me a copy? I love making sites.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9993971].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
          Here is an interesting program on website investing you may wish to look at. You could buy the sites and flip them or you could hang on to them and keep the profits after your initial investment is paid back: Website Investors
          Signature
          Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9994446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenW3
    Flipping was a method that required a very extensive skill set. Some people targeted n00bs that could not possibly succeed in the business, selling it to them as a get rich quick scheme. The objective of buying quality sites, upgrading or improving them, making them more profitable, then reselling, is not something experienced webmasters typically did because, if the effort to do all of this was actually accomplished, the business owners I know would rather keep the website.

    These days it is hard enough to find high quality sites at a good price, let alone a quantity of websites that can be safely purchased as inventory for some type of flipping business. The most recent book I have read (and would recommend) is named Digitally Wed. It is not about flipping, but covers how to buy a profitable internet business. It was published the end of last year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9979272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick54
    Thx for your replies,

    Flipping paradise WSO was from 2013 and I am on his email list. He is associated with some cool plugins though.

    KenW3: I am not looking to buy...I am looking to build. Thx anyways.

    Rick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenW3
    You may have a different definition of flipping than some others? Flipping is buying and reselling, not building then selling. Perhaps that is part of the reason most information you find about it is old.

    Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org

    Flipping is a term used primarily in the United States to describe purchasing a revenue-generating asset and quickly reselling (or "flipping") it for profit.
    TryBPO (linked above in this thread) had an AdsenseFlippers.com ebook named Building A Niche Site Empire. Piper Anderson wrote 'A Flip A Day', which was updated and turned into a Kindle book a couple years later. The author of Digitally Wed (linked in an above post) has a site named Flipfilter.com with content on this subject. KillerFlippingSecrets.com has information on the process. Then there was Website Flipping Basics from FlipWebsites.com in 2010. Flipanomics was the precursor ebook to Killer Flipping Secrets. Flipping Websites For Fun & Profit is still available from Flippa.com. All of this (and likely more I've forgotten over the years ) is from people who are experienced business owners and WF members.

    I define site flipping as buying a revenue-generating website, then reselling it for profit. This is a process that can still be done by extremely experienced business owners who specialize in a field or have extensive expertise in a specific market, but requires in-depth knowledge and (often) extensive resources.

    Instruction such as The Flip Mastery Way and Flipping Paradise is about building and selling, not about flipping (which is why I recommended a book about buying websites), so this is very likely a semantics issue. If you research demand and know how to build, then there's even more information available on how to sell

    Some of the stuff mentioned above is dated and useful as a history lesson, but all of it still has methods useful today. Studying all methods, even those outdated, will provide an edge and background in your chosen field because ... Knowing what doesn't work or no longer works is just as important as knowing what still works today and should remain valid into the foreseeable future.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick54
    There is some useful info I can run with.

    Thanks alot KenW3.

    I never realized how I can use the outdated info till now. Good point!

    Rick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9984418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
    Originally Posted by Rick54 View Post

    I would like to find:
    • Blogs
    • Websites
    • E-books
    • Training
    Pertaining to site flipping.

    Everything seems to be outdated and old that I can currently find.

    Can anyone that is successful lead me in the right direction?

    Rick
    I'm a partner at Empire Flippers and happy to answer any questions you have here, but you're free to dig through our blog posts and podcasts as well. Anything you'd like answered that I can help with?

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane, KenW3! hehe
    Signature
    Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

    Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Niche Blogger
      If you're looking to build sites to sell rather than buy and flip them then most 'site flipping' ebooks etc. aren't very useful.

      Just go to Flippa and see what sites are selling to decide what kind of site you want to build. Then look for information on how to build that type of site.

      I build and sell alot of sites myself and most are in the high 4 figure to low 5 figure range. I didn't learn how to create these sites from 'site flipping' info though - I learnt how to build niche affiliate blogs and authority websites with traffic and revenue. Once you have traffic and revenue you'll find your sites are very easy to sell.
      Signature
      Custom Mega Authority Sites - 1000+ Word Articles (written by REAL native English speaking writers)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989874].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rick54
        Originally Posted by Niche Blogger View Post

        If you're looking to build sites to sell rather than buy and flip them then most 'site flipping' ebooks etc. aren't very useful.

        Just go to Flippa and see what sites are selling to decide what kind of site you want to build. Then look for information on how to build that type of site.

        I build and sell alot of sites myself and most are in the high 4 figure to low 5 figure range. I didn't learn how to create these sites from 'site flipping' info though - I learnt how to build niche affiliate blogs and authority websites with traffic and revenue. Once you have traffic and revenue you'll find your sites are very easy to sell.
        Thx Niche Blogger,

        Do you use any wordpress plugins to automate to make the process quicker, like for example Azon, if I were going to build an Amazon store? Do you use Templates?

        I do see more than one site on Flippa from individual sellers at times, like 3 or 4. How do they build them so fast, other than outsourcing?

        Rick
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9992362].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rick54
      Originally Posted by TryBPO View Post

      I'm a partner at Empire Flippers and happy to answer any questions you have here, but you're free to dig through our blog posts and podcasts as well. Anything you'd like answered that I can help with?
      Hi Justin,

      Thanks for your help, I know you have been in site flipping a long time.

      With me being a newbie...do you suggest I start out building a starter site to get my experience or go all out and try to get traffic and sales.

      I know the site will sell for alot more with revenue and takes longer to put up for sale. With a starter site...they are harder to sell and I might make $50 instead of $5000.
      But whatever I made would be reinvested as I would keep building more up to an authority site eventually.

      If you suggested going that route with a starter site. Or is that strategy dead in today's market?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9992339].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TryBPO
        Originally Posted by Rick54 View Post

        Hi Justin,

        Thanks for your help, I know you have been in site flipping a long time.

        With me being a newbie...do you suggest I start out building a starter site to get my experience or go all out and try to get traffic and sales.

        I know the site will sell for alot more with revenue and takes longer to put up for sale. With a starter site...they are harder to sell and I might make $50 instead of $5000.
        But whatever I made would be reinvested as I would keep building more up to an authority site eventually.

        If you suggested going that route with a starter site. Or is that strategy dead in today's market?
        Hey Rick,

        Unless you have $10K - $15K at a minimum to buy your first site, improve it, with a plan to sell it again in 9-12 months, you're probably better off building from scratch. Buying/Selling sites requires cash - there's just no way around it. Yes, you can get creative with financing (P2P lending, credit cards, selling financing, earn outs, etc.) but that will only get you part of the way there.

        Don't bother creating templated, starter sites with a plan to sell them on Flippa. (pre-revenue) Those sites are hardly worth anything ($20? $80?) and definitely not worth the hassle. You need to learn how to build profitable sites that earn at LEAST $100 per month - $1K - $3K per month would be ideal.

        AdSense sites are the easiest to build, IMO - followed by Amazon affiliate sites. You could also try lead generation in the education space - look at affiliates like Quinstreet or Campus Explorer to get started there.
        Signature
        Website Brokers - We can help you sell businesses making $500 to $50K per month.

        Free Website Valuation - How much is your website really worth? Find out here, free.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9993720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Gosse
    Old information is not necessarily outdated. Website flipping information doesn't go stale like SEO tips.

    I am a super seller @ Flippa and it can be broken down into a few simple components.

    1. Solve a problem for an audience
    2. Create a website that delivers value to that audience
    3. Sell your solution to that audience
    4. Flip the website

    I know it sounds simple because it is. Flipping websites is not a business model. It's an exit strategy for your business model
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9992673].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post

      Old information is not necessarily outdated. Website flipping information doesn't go stale like SEO tips.

      I am a super seller @ Flippa and it can be broken down into a few simple components.

      1. Solve a problem for an audience
      2. Create a website that delivers value to that audience
      3. Sell your solution to that audience
      4. Flip the website

      I know it sounds simple because it is. Flipping websites is not a business model. It's an exit strategy for your business model
      Brad,
      As usual you put it in very simple but also powerful terms.

      Of course it is not easy, but if you start off using this as a general blueprint you are on the right track,
      no question !!


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9992737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yogibeezy
    Rick54, All these are great advice. Go to itunes and look up empire flippers - justin and his partner do a great great job breaking things down for you all while you are on the go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9993778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azsno
    I agree with Brad above...I too am a Super Seller on Flippa, and have "Flipped" over $250K worth of websites ($59K on Flippa alone)...

    The actual "Flipping" of websites is a fairly straight-forward process, and if you're simply building websites to "flip" then you're going for a "volume" model...

    You'll be competing with every other person that is simply building websites and flipping them on Flippa - expect revenue of $50-$200 per site doing it that way...

    Now if you use MY Model, build a Membership site, drive traffic, get sales, then "FLIP" you'll be much more successful...Buyers are looking for Turnkey websites...

    If you have a website that has a proven track record of earnings & traffic, you'll have NO trouble "flipping" that site on Flippa....

    ~AzSno...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9994981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vanure
    Thanks for the link.

    Originally Posted by curiozities View Post
    What a coincidence, I literally just finished reading FLipping Paradise today. It's a WSO and best of all, the price is right: F-R-E-E! Here is the link: FREE WSO Flipping Paradise - Build And Flip Blogs That Make NOTHING for THOUSANDS
    Signature

    Find out Blogger Tutorials on my blog TwistBlogger !! I post articles related to Blogger Tutorials often !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9995214].message }}

Trending Topics