Lead Magnet Content Question

12 replies
I am looking to start the journey into building a list, and to do that, as an incentive for people to subscribe, I need that "magnet" content.

My question is, if I am in a niche I am not massively knowledgeable on, is it common practice to use PLR for this content? Or, should I possibly invest in a writer to provide 100% unique "bait" content.

I really hope that makes some sense!

Thanks
Alice
#content #lead #magnet #question
  • Profile picture of the author deekay
    Magnet content means you are attracting people to your offer.... so at initial stage, give some thing as complete package, like traffic plus money method.

    Just to start out, use some high quality PLR content and test various offers(angle of pitch). Once, you get your data, then you can start investing in your unique and quality content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9988927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    My question is, if I am in a niche I am not massively knowledgeable on, is it common practice to use PLR for this content?
    As long as it's not MMO related you can do well with PLR.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9988941].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Alice,

      Anytime you can offer unique, well-written content you should do it. If your first offering to a prospect is boring, too general, not helpful, or something they recognize as PLR (meaning they've seen the same thing from other marketers), you're going to lose that prospect from future contact.

      If you can't afford to have a quality ghost writer, then try to find the highest quality PLR that you can. Have a friend, a family member, or someone good with English help you if necessary.

      You get a few chances to resonate with prospects (sometimes just one chance) and you need to put your best foot forward and give them something that will convince them that you are truthful, credible, helpful, and that you know the topic of your business.

      The very best to you.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Your first problem is to refer to starting a business as some sort of "Journey"

    al
    Signature
    1984 and Animal Farm are supposed to be WARNINGS not instruction manuals
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989086].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lissylou
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Your first problem is to refer to starting a business as some sort of "Journey"

      al
      In all due respect - if starting a business isn't a journey, you're doing it wrong!

      In the past I ran my own ecommerce business, and that was the greatest, most rewarding journey I have been on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989726].message }}
  • You would need to investigate what are your audience's interests. First make a survey if you have access to your audience. And determine whether they will like a discount, tutorial, report, etc.
    Based on that you can have someone experienced on the niche you are to create content for you so you can deliver a high quality magnet content. Your suscribers will thank you and will buy from you if you deliver valuable content.
    If you can afford it, always use 100% original, high quality content when you can.
    Let us know how you do on your journey!
    Signature
    YOUR FB ADS ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED? >>>>I GOT A SOLUTION<<<< CONTACT ME
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9989101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jouvan Johnson
    Like someone else said if it is not Make
    money online plr then you can do well

    But have you thought about your earnings
    on the back end?

    That is where the real money is made

    If you do not know anything about the niche
    how can you really help your audience and
    charge more?

    I'm not saying you must be the out and out
    expert just giving you something else to think
    about.

    Good luck on your journey
    Signature

    My Corner Of The Web: ==>> www.EducatedRebel.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marked09
    What really matters when giving a lead magnet is to provide some "real" value. It's doesn't really mean that you have to be experienced on the niche.

    Here's a few ideas that you can use:

    1.) You can also offer your own case study on something. Research on some methods, try it yourself and give them some feedbacks of real life resuls.


    2.) Database of Tools and instruction on how to use them.

    For example "10 SEO Tools to use this 2015" .
    Database of website where you can get free images.
    Database of website that offers guest posting
    Database of influencers on your niche.

    3.) Interview with an expert.

    Just be creative , these are just a few lead gen that you can give.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by lissylou View Post

    I am looking to start the journey into building a list, and to do that, as an incentive for people to subscribe, I need that "magnet" content.

    My question is, if I am in a niche I am not massively knowledgeable on, is it common practice to use PLR for this content? Or, should I possibly invest in a writer to provide 100% unique "bait" content.

    I really hope that makes some sense!

    Thanks
    Alice
    Hey Alice,
    I do not mean to sound critical but you really need to become 'super knowledgeable' about your Niche if you want to really pursue it and have success with it.

    There is just really no way getting around it.

    I know some will argue that you can just be a 'middleman' and sell affiliate Products without much 'mental investment'.

    But I disagree ! Even with this you need to have a certain amount of aptitude of your Niche if you want to maximize your success

    Btw, PLR is fine if it is quality and if you add your own angle to it.

    I always liked Tiff Lambert's PLR Mini Mart. You can google it



    -Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisWrok
    Originally Posted by lissylou View Post

    I am looking to start the journey into building a list, and to do that, as an incentive for people to subscribe, I need that "magnet" content.

    My question is, if I am in a niche I am not massively knowledgeable on, is it common practice to use PLR for this content? Or, should I possibly invest in a writer to provide 100% unique "bait" content.

    I really hope that makes some sense!

    Thanks
    Alice
    Use PLR and re-write it as your own
    or hire a copywriter to do it for you...

    you could always spend the time on youtube/google
    and make your own 1- -20 page ebook/report from what you've learned
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990539].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LGCalab
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Your first problem is to refer to starting a business as some sort of "Journey"

      al
      Starting any business is a journey. So is life ... what's your point here? Did the OP pick the wrong word?

      Originally Posted by lissylou View Post

      In all due respect - if starting a business isn't a journey, you're doing it wrong!

      In the past I ran my own ecommerce business, and that was the greatest, most rewarding journey I have been on.
      As some folks suggested, above, using well written PLR is a great place to start. Since you mentioned that you don't have a lot of knowledge in the niche you are wanting to enter into, I would suggest that you not only look for well written information on it, but read it as well. How are you going to rewrite it if you don't know what you're rewriting?

      As Robert mentions below, you really do need to become knowledgeable about your niche, there really is no other way to establish trust with your new list. What I have done in the past, with a new list, is get your new subscribers involved! People love to share their knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask them what they think! Learn from them!

      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Hey Alice,
      I do not mean to sound critical but you really need to become 'super knowledgeable' about your Niche if you want to really pursue it and have success with it.

      There is just really no way getting around it.

      I know some will argue that you can just be a 'middleman' and sell affiliate Products without much 'mental investment'.

      But I disagree ! Even with this you need to have a certain amount of aptitude of your Niche if you want to maximize your success

      Btw, PLR is fine if it is quality and if you add your own angle to it.

      I always liked Tiff Lambert's PLR Mini Mart. You can google it



      -Robert Andrew
      I think what you said is spot on, but I still believe a person can achieve success while they're growing and learning. I have a membership site that I started a little while back and I have learned more from the members than I knew, and I actually have a lot of experience in that niche.
      I hope that came out right, you gave great advice.

      Originally Posted by ChrisWrok View Post

      Use PLR and re-write it as your own
      or hire a copywriter to do it for you...

      you could always spend the time on youtube/google
      and make your own 1- -20 page ebook/report from what you've learned
      LG
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990620].message }}
  • It's tempting to start creating your own content, and spending lots of money..

    Without making any..

    If I were you, I would go for PLR..

    It's quality content, without high expenses..

    Plus, chances are, it is unique for 99.9% of the leads you generate
    Signature

    [CENTER][B]==> Do you want to make money online? [/B]
    Free video: How regular people are making 6-figures per month on the internet! [URL="http://www.clkmg.com/fc27/UDCL-IN2WF"][B]Watch this free video now![/B][/URL] <==[/CENTER]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9990612].message }}

Trending Topics