Low Low Landing Page Conversions! What am I Doing Wrong?

34 replies
I have a fairly lengthy landing page for my free affiliate program and my analytic software stated that i get a lot of visits from my Facebook ads but no opt-ins. I've changed up my pitch and body so many times but to no avail people don't even want to sign up for my free offer. I mean seriously i'm beginning to think my target audience are either too lazy or i'm getting bots I mean for god sakes It's an interactive landing page that autoscrolls every time you click on the buttons doesn't get anymore straight forward than that! If Anybody have any tips and pointers how i can inadvertently guide my potential leads through the sign up process without it seeming so hypey! That would be wonderful! Cause God knows i've tried everything and i'm getting frustrated.

You can check it out here
I've wasted so much on advertising it's not even funny and i'm starting to get desperate.
#conversions #landing #low #page #wrong
  • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeflation
      I couldnt even find the optin... page is way too confusing.. too much stuff moving around... took too long to load for me...hard to read
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997237].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
        Originally Posted by mrdeflation View Post

        I couldnt even find the optin... page is way too confusing.. too much stuff moving around... took too long to load for me...hard to read
        yeah i was trying a dynamic approach using parallax my partner and i are fairly new to the mechanic perhaps i should revert to more static means?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997242].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997283].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
            Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

            What you should do is keep things simple. Use a static html page and killer copy. Then have a big signup button at the bottom of the copy.

            Write something like this:

            Do you want to sit down, write a email, press a button, then have hundreds of dollars flowing in your direction?

            If you're like me, then I know you do. That's why I invented AutoAffiliate.



            If you can turn a computer on, open a program, write a email, and press a button, then you can use my program to make money.

            Before I learned how to do this, my bank account was always lacking. Now I can't wait to get online and check my bank account.

            I understand that times are hard, and I don't want to rob the poor, so I'm giving this program away for free!

            Fill out the form below, and start making more money.

            [EMAIL FORM] - Make This Big!

            This is all you need for your sales copy. After people have given you their email, send them an email explaining to them in detail how they can use Autoaffiliate to make money.

            This is all you need to do. You don't need the extra stuff.
            Dude you are friggin awesome. Thanks you so much for this wonderful sales copy. I will definately use this although it isn't my product i will take the rest into account upon revising my website. You've pointed me in the right direction i'm no longer astray. Is there any function on the forum where i can perhaps put out a good word for you for doing me such a good service?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997305].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author brunski57
          Giving too much info away... so I can find out lots about the product without signing up. Need just one page , a very compelling offer, email or name and email request that is it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Originally Posted by mrdeflation View Post

      I couldnt even find the optin... page is way too confusing.. too much stuff moving around... took too long to load for me...hard to read

      Yeah it seems to appear fine on my chrome browser and I've tried numerious times to resize the optin box but i'm running into problems with the html code i'm using . and the negative space has been corrected multiple times by my designer but i'm beginning to think he doesn't know what he's doing cause it always reverts back to it's original state. I'm glad i was able to get some critique from another point of view. i'm definitely going to make those changes

      Also, What do you suggest me doing with my sales copy? I'm curious.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997239].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Your calls to action are WAY too hidden.

    I've been a tech nerd for years and had to put in a tiny smidgen of effort in order to find my way to the opt-in below.

    Make your registration process MUCH easier and more intuitive.

    (I'm all for the "Reverse Squeeze" page type styles, but I would call for a bigger call to action, at least initially).

    Just my $.02, I wish you the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997343].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      Your calls to action are WAY too hidden.

      I've been a tech nerd for years and had to put in a tiny smidgen of effort in order to find my way to the opt-in below.

      Make your registration process MUCH easier and more intuitive.

      (I'm all for the "Reverse Squeeze" page type styles, but I would call for a bigger call to action, at least initially).

      Just my $.02, I wish you the best.
      Thanks you so much for you're support. I like the style as well but for the sake of practicality looks like i'm going to switch to more simpler means and will definately make the call to action alot bigger.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Your page takes too long to load.

    If your goal is to capture a name and email from your visitors, why do you need such a long page?

    If it is supposed to be a sales page, you need someone professional to work on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Xochitl Shat
    If you invest to a great extent in the promotion system as well as are not able to gain conversions, it is usually extremely unsatisfactory as well as annoying. In the event you’re receiving important yet no conversions, or even there are not enough income to help separate even, it’s occasion for strategy as well as internet site investigation. Listed below are 4 common PPC mistakes that reduce anyone from managing effective advertisments – as well as how you will may go about solving them:
    * The adverts mail the wrong information
    * The offer doesn’t fit your web page
    * You’re not necessarily being strategic in relation to spending your every day finances
    * You’re not necessarily ditching poor-performing keywords
    May it helps you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9997389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Originally Posted by Xochitl Shat View Post

      If you invest to a great extent in the promotion system as well as are not able to gain conversions, it is usually extremely unsatisfactory as well as annoying. In the event you’re receiving important yet no conversions, or even there are not enough income to help separate even, it’s occasion for strategy as well as internet site investigation. Listed below are 4 common PPC mistakes that reduce anyone from managing effective advertisments – as well as how you will may go about solving them:
      * The adverts mail the wrong information
      * The offer doesn’t fit your web page
      * You’re not necessarily being strategic in relation to spending your every day finances
      * You’re not necessarily ditching poor-performing keywords
      May it helps you.
      Yeah my new squeeze page i'm in the process of making is alot simpler and thanks for the common ppc mistakes. I archived them in a notepad.txt.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002507].message }}
  • Yes, as was mentioned already above, if you just want optins - you need to make sure its easy to find and simple as possible. Your optin form should be above the fold and not even have to scroll down at all to find it. Get rid of all the fancy dynamic graphics and such. Remember your goal is just to get people to opt in, and after they do, then you can wow them with what you have to offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kursat
    I think the load time, color choice and over complex flash loading on page. I would say try to make a simple Landing page and have easy to read "call to action" headline and opt-in form above fold. Sometimes the ugliest landing pages convert better because they are easy to read...just my thoughts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002847].message }}
  • Signature

    I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002848].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dhiraj192
      Content should be kept to a minimum on a squeeze page, at least above the fold. Content bloat only distracts from your offer. That's another thing - you'll want a convincing offer. Something shiny, enticing, and desirable. Your offer needs to be worth surrendering an email address for - in online terms an email address is equivalent to a slice of your soul.
      Signature
      Moderator's Notes: Please be reminded that affiliate links in signatures is not allowed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lusekelo
    your landing pages have a lot of problems,i am not an expert but from what i can tell you have too much stuffs(just keep it simple),it takes too long to load,the message is not clear,no optin box in the upper folder
    Signature

    BRAND NEW: How Newbies Are Banking In $384+ A Day
    >>WATCH THE FREE VIDEO HERE<<

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    The text font you use is very confusing.

    Also the fonts send different emotional signals.

    The alternating colors leave much to be desired.

    If you want to get a clear idea of how to fix landing page mistakes, read this
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002991].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Real Deal
      A lot of valid points and suggestions have been made about your squeeze page in this thread, but equally important is your traffic source...

      You mentioned that you are using Facebook ads, but you didn't mention anything about the type of audience you are targeting and the type of ads you are using etc. Facebook ads take time, effort and money to master...

      As an example, have a look at this article showing how just changing objective on the exact same ad can affect your conversion rate: Which Facebook Advertising Objective? Website Conversions or Clicks to Website?
      Signature

      I've made over $6 million dollars in profit from simple websites, mostly affiliate sites. Click here if you want to learn my simple formula for success, and want my team and I to help you build your online business [WSO].

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10003039].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Thanks For all the feedback guys. I would like for you to know that all of your advice was taken into account in the creation of the new landing page. I couldn't of done it without the people who have taken the time out of their day to help a newbie like me. Thank you!

      landing page 2015/04/14

      Changes Include:
      Simple and static squeeze page
      Huge call to action button
      straight forward sales copy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004032].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Real Deal
        Originally Posted by funderburk5 View Post


        landing page 2015/04/14

        Changes Include:
        Simple and static squeeze page
        Huge call to action button
        straight forward sales copy
        The headline and sub-heading are hugely important on your squeeze page.

        I think you need to improve on what you have now to get the results you are looking for...

        Current heading (a bit convoluted IMO)
        "Finally, A Breakthrough Free Software That Helps You Build Your Email List & Generate Ongoing Affiliate Commissions!"

        Current sub-heading (I am assuming you are trying to be clever, and I don't think it works)
        "Try not to make money with this simple 5 click software"

        New heading (better IMO, but not great)
        "Free Software Helps You Build Your Email List & Generate Ongoing Affiliate Commissions!"

        New sub-heading (just a quick improvement, but you need to keep working on it)
        "This 5-click software WILL make you money. Guaranteed!"

        Here below is a link to a great little tool that is quick and easy to use, (and free), when you want to create a new headline. Try it out and keep tweaking the copy on your page until you feel 100% confident that you have something that will work.

        Free Headline Generator


        Good luck!
        Signature

        I've made over $6 million dollars in profit from simple websites, mostly affiliate sites. Click here if you want to learn my simple formula for success, and want my team and I to help you build your online business [WSO].

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10005024].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
          Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post

          The headline and sub-heading are hugely important on your squeeze page.

          I think you need to improve on what you have now to get the results you are looking for...

          Current heading (a bit convoluted IMO)
          "Finally, A Breakthrough Free Software That Helps You Build Your Email List & Generate Ongoing Affiliate Commissions!"

          Current sub-heading (I am assuming you are trying to be clever, and I don't think it works)
          "Try not to make money with this simple 5 click software"

          New heading (better IMO, but not great)
          "Free Software Helps You Build Your Email List & Generate Ongoing Affiliate Commissions!"

          New sub-heading (just a quick improvement, but you need to keep working on it)
          "This 5-click software WILL make you money. Guaranteed!"

          Here below is a link to a great little tool that is quick and easy to use, (and free), when you want to create a new headline. Try it out and keep tweaking the copy on your page until you feel 100% confident that you have something that will work.

          Free Headline Generator


          Good luck!
          Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely put these new headlines to use. I also bookmarked the link. Much obliged .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10005071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shankar Rao
    Poor design is the first reason for low conversion. Font color is not highllighting.
    Try to put everything above the fold for simplicity.

    don't expect your visitor to do lot of work except giving their email
    Signature

    Azon Physical Product Cash - A 14 part step-by-step video series on creating Amazon Review Sites which pulls $100-$200 a day

    Grab the First 3 Videos for FREE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10003093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    You may also want to look into your Ad Copy. It screams easy money and most people just don't believe in 'easy' money (even the newbies here at WF).

    You could have the greatest product in the world that actually solves problems but if it sounds to hyped up, people will dismiss it and click the back button.

    I use the words Simple, Straight Forward and Lucrative on my lead capture page but I take people through a bunch of hoops before they get there and it converts like crazy.

    Also, your traffic has to be highly targeted for your landing page. If there is any type of mismatch, your audience will feel disconnected and hit the back button fast.

    IM takes time to learn how to 'tweak' until your beast starts performing for you.

    Keep up the good work, you are headed in the right direction. We as marketers learn from our mistakes and then make the necessary adjustment to get things working.

    It's a process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10003296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author articlearbiter
    Banned
    The source and quality of the traffic is a HUGE factor.

    Besides, I've seen a number of different squeeze pages that (supposedly) converted at 50-60%.

    And you know what? They all looked pretty different.

    So there's not really a "best" template- it's based on how you use it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10003354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christopher Fox
    Check your spelling on the new LP - 'You just fount a way ... "

    On your # 6, the bottom of the 'p' is cut off on the three of them in that sentence. Not major, but I noticed it.

    As a side note, for future reference, on the first LP, one thing that jumped out at me was the picture - you were pairing it with the 'Road to Online Success', but it was a pic of a dry, barren, desert wasteland. The subconscious is powerful and pervasive - just something to keep in mind when using pics ...

    Good luck with the changes.
    Signature
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.

    - Seldom Seen Smith
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004118].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Originally Posted by Christopher Fox View Post

      Check your spelling on the new LP - 'You just fount a way ... "

      On your # 6, the bottom of the 'p' is cut off on the three of them in that sentence. Not major, but I noticed it.

      As a side note, for future reference, on the first LP, one thing that jumped out at me was the picture - you were pairing it with the 'Road to Online Success', but it was a pic of a dry, barren, desert wasteland. The subconscious is powerful and pervasive - just something to keep in mind when using pics ...

      Good luck with the changes.
      Thanks For the FB. I'll be making those corrections Asap. and wow that is a very keen eye you have for detail and you're right, now that i look back on it. It could have a negative influence on the subconscious. I'll be sure to keep what you said in mind next time i use stock photos for promotional purposes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    You might want to work on the load time for your page. It takes a while to load on my end. Your target audience probably wouldn't want to stick around for the page to fully load.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10004958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I know you won't want to hear this, but...

    The other day when you posted, I signed up for AAX. Then I went and did some research. I personally would not promote it under any circumstances.

    You might want to slow down and regroup before you throw more money at something that may not be the best way to go, or even a good way.

    You owe me $0.02
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10005035].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author funderburk5
      Originally Posted by icoachu View Post

      You might want to work on the load time for your page. It takes a while to load on my end. Your target audience probably wouldn't want to stick around for the page to fully load.
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      I know you won't want to hear this, but...

      The other day when you posted, I signed up for AAX. Then I went and did some research. I personally would not promote it under any circumstances.

      You might want to slow down and regroup before you throw more money at something that may not be the best way to go, or even a good way.

      You owe me $0.02
      Why Would you not promote it? I'm Just curious because i came across it a week ago and despite the mixed reviews I've seen. it seemed pretty solid in regards to it's content but, If i'm wrong in my assumptions. I would very much like to know.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10005048].message }}

Trending Topics