Now I'm not saying that none of these work, I'm sure some do but they come and go and never last in the long run and just makes you end up searching for another tactic. If you want to know the most headache free way to get more FREE traffic, and leads that lasts, it's this.
Build a legitimate following by providing exceptional valuable resourceful content that's link worthy and then going out and telling other people about it, that's it. How do you get the traffic? Well, by first understanding where your target audience hangs out or "who they're following", then figuring out creative ways how to get in front of them with your content.
And the best way to get in front of that audience is through having relationships with other people in your industry and convincing them to send you some traffic. I heard this touted quite a few times through the blogosphere from high profiled individuals who are killing it in the game, utilizing FREE traffic strategies. Here are few that I have learned which can help tremendously if used correctly:
1. Doing high value interviews with individuals that have large followings
2. Doing an expert roundup where you go out and get experts best advice around a pressing topic that can be extremely valuable to your audience.
3. Getting a "Meaty" quote(s) from influencers and including them into your content piece.
4. Finding content that has a "history" of getting tons of shares, and then creating something even more valuable that can help people.
5. Targeting a group of people, and then making them look good through a framework of utilizing backed up research or statistics.
6. Finding a controversial topic then finding an influencer who feels strongly about one side, then providing backed up research and statistics to help support their claims.
7. Being a Case Study for an influencer then providing your results.
8. Guest Posting on other bigger blogs
I can name more, but these are just a few examples of creating content where you create opportunities for you and your influencers where they'll most likely share your content because you're making them look good, and you're creating mutually beneficial opportunities, and "building promotion within your content piece(s)".
Utilizing this approach instead of focusing on rankings and back-links can get you tons of traffic if done right. If you make it your main focus to provide value combined with utilizing the strategies above, ranking in Google will come naturally and will be a "bonus"!!
Forget SEO, and forget backlinks. Although those are beneficial in the long run, I believe those shouldn't be the main focus behind building a business. Instead I believe that building relationships with other industry professionals and creating opportunities where both parties can benefit can help build a business faster than relying purely on SEO. Creating content for the sake of just purely ranking in google is IMHO not the best practice and instead should come secondary.
Just a little thing I thought had to be said, and would like to hear everyone's opinions. What do you guys think?