Best way to get tons of FREE TRAFFIC

12 replies
So I got a bit of rant because when I come in here, I hear alot of people asking about the best ways to rank faster in Google, the fastest ways to make money using some "tactic", the fastest way to get 100 bagillion followers on twitter using some sort of software that scrapes names. Tactics tactics tactics.

Now I'm not saying that none of these work, I'm sure some do but they come and go and never last in the long run and just makes you end up searching for another tactic. If you want to know the most headache free way to get more FREE traffic, and leads that lasts, it's this.

Build a legitimate following by providing exceptional valuable resourceful content that's link worthy and then going out and telling other people about it, that's it. How do you get the traffic? Well, by first understanding where your target audience hangs out or "who they're following", then figuring out creative ways how to get in front of them with your content.

And the best way to get in front of that audience is through having relationships with other people in your industry and convincing them to send you some traffic. I heard this touted quite a few times through the blogosphere from high profiled individuals who are killing it in the game, utilizing FREE traffic strategies. Here are few that I have learned which can help tremendously if used correctly:

1. Doing high value interviews with individuals that have large followings

2. Doing an expert roundup where you go out and get experts best advice around a pressing topic that can be extremely valuable to your audience.

3. Getting a "Meaty" quote(s) from influencers and including them into your content piece.

4. Finding content that has a "history" of getting tons of shares, and then creating something even more valuable that can help people.

5. Targeting a group of people, and then making them look good through a framework of utilizing backed up research or statistics.

6. Finding a controversial topic then finding an influencer who feels strongly about one side, then providing backed up research and statistics to help support their claims.

7. Being a Case Study for an influencer then providing your results.

8. Guest Posting on other bigger blogs

I can name more, but these are just a few examples of creating content where you create opportunities for you and your influencers where they'll most likely share your content because you're making them look good, and you're creating mutually beneficial opportunities, and "building promotion within your content piece(s)".

Utilizing this approach instead of focusing on rankings and back-links can get you tons of traffic if done right. If you make it your main focus to provide value combined with utilizing the strategies above, ranking in Google will come naturally and will be a "bonus"!!

Forget SEO, and forget backlinks. Although those are beneficial in the long run, I believe those shouldn't be the main focus behind building a business. Instead I believe that building relationships with other industry professionals and creating opportunities where both parties can benefit can help build a business faster than relying purely on SEO. Creating content for the sake of just purely ranking in google is IMHO not the best practice and instead should come secondary.

Just a little thing I thought had to be said, and would like to hear everyone's opinions. What do you guys think?
#free #free traffic generation #tons #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author mikefashen
    There is also building a good pinterest following ... but actually think about the keywords of your pinterest pins instead of the "cute" titles and descriptions most people use so that your stuff gets found in search.

    There is creating good videos on YouTube (again, think about the search terms you want your videos found for ... and create videos regularly, YouTube's algorithm rewards people for being regular contributors).
    Signature

    Stop trying and start DOING

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrislewis217
      Originally Posted by mikefashen View Post

      There is also building a good pinterest following ... but actually think about the keywords of your pinterest pins instead of the "cute" titles and descriptions most people use so that your stuff gets found in search.

      There is creating good videos on YouTube (again, think about the search terms you want your videos found for ... and create videos regularly, YouTube's algorithm rewards people for being regular contributors).

      I'm sure these absolutely work but the point I'm trying to make is instead of relying heavily on ranking in pinterest, google, or youtube and what not. What if you shaped the content you create where you get people with large followings and have influence to link to your piece of content so you can get tons of traffic which gives you leads and sales.

      Of course the content is optimized for SEO purposes but in 2015 and beyond, social signals are becoming more of a ranking factor and getting other people to share your content will not only help you get ranked in Google and other search engines, but you'll be getting almost instant traffic from the influencers sharing your content.

      One example of someone using just one of these strategies I listed above is Lewis Howes. He's growing his business by doing weekly podcasts with influencers. How do you think he gets his traffic besides Google? By getting the influencers he interviews on his podcasts to share the link to their facebook or twitter followers. Why would the influencer do this?

      1. Blatant self promotion and re-enforcing their message.
      2. Some of Lewis Howes' followers will end up following the influencer

      So both parties are benefiting from the interview by gaining exposure to their brands and it's cross promotion. Not only that, the people that listen to the interview, some will end up sharing the link with their friends on their social profiles which ends up with more back-links, and in turn which ends-up with better rankings for Lewis Howes' podcast episodes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kk075
      Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

      Also, you said to build a site, and then to place SEO and backlinking in the foreground while you work on building relationships. You will obviously get backlinks if you partner with established people, so it is a mistake to seek out people before you make sure that your site is properly setup for SEO, because once you get the backlinks, you can use that power to rank keywords and get organic traffic, and you would have power that's not dependent on somebody else.
      He's absolutely right....why would you try to use a difficult tactic that will take a lot of work when you're not worried about the core content of your website?

      And just so we're clear, SEO is not a gimmick that sometimes works and sometimes fails...search optimization is about providing real content for the search engines to index. The more that content benefits Google's traffic, the higher they'll rank you. It's that simple. If you want to talk about reaching out to authorities, then start with the three biggest in the world- Google, Yahoo and Bing. Because they have more referral power than all the other "tactics" combined if you know how to use them properly.

      While you did give some good tips, they are literally worthless without optimization first. When you optimize for SEO, you're optimizing for people, and no tactic in the world can trump the value of having a site worth visiting. Because at some point, before you convert a lead into a buyer, they are going to Google you and see what your brand is all about. There's no getting around that in the 21st century.
      Signature

      Learn to sell like a pro through Web Synergy's marketing blog.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000726].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000750].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chrislewis217
          Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

          I don't see how your post relates to mines or the thread starter's starting post.

          I was commenting on the fact that the thread starter said to seek out industry professionals first, and to put SEO second.
          Thank you for clearing that up, I'm not saying SEO is garbage. SEO and ranking in search engines are great for longer term outlook but I believe should come secondary when it comes to convincing other people to send you traffic by creating mutual benefiting situations. I'll give you examples of people that have done this:

          Neil Patel
          Brian Dean
          Jon Morrow
          Ramit Sethi
          Derek Halpern
          Lewis Howes
          Buzzsumo
          Corbett Barr
          Michael Dunlop
          Bryan Harris

          These are individuals that have used some or most of the methods I have listed above to gain traffic to their sites and build businesses. Of course when they create their content, they optimize it for SEO purposes but it's just apart of the process, what they're really after is shaping their content so whoever they're trying to target, it appeals to that audience and is promotable to them to gain traffic and links.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000768].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kk075
          Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

          I don't see how your post relates to mines or the thread starter's starting post.

          I was commenting on the fact that the thread starter said to seek out industry professionals first, and to put SEO second.
          And I said that the main part of SEO is your core site's content....which is what's going to attract industry professionals and customers in the first place. Because even if you chase after them first, they're going to Google your business and see a crap site with no real content.

          So SEO always comes first...which is why I agreed with you. I'm not sure how that was confusing if you know what search optimization actually is.
          Signature

          Learn to sell like a pro through Web Synergy's marketing blog.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000904].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author chrislewis217
            Originally Posted by kk075 View Post

            And I said that the main part of SEO is your core site's content....which is what's going to attract industry professionals and customers in the first place. Because even if you chase after them first, they're going to Google your business and see a crap site with no real content.

            So SEO always comes first...which is why I agreed with you. I'm not sure how that was confusing if you know what search optimization actually is.
            Of course they're going to look up your site, I'm not saying not to start out with nothing in hand try to go after industry professionals but rather saying when it comes to content marketing. Why not try partnering with other people who have followings and create a piece of content that both of your audiences can benefit.

            The person you're partnering with will most likely share the content since it makes him/her look good, makes you look good, and you'll be receiving traffic in the end, and he/she will be receiving traffic as well. Everyone wins!

            Also since you keep in mind to optimize your content for search engines before you hit publish, you'll win back-links from people sharing the content and also from the influencer(s) sharing the content as well. That's all I'm saying. Example of creating a win win situation.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000917].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrislewis217
      Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

      I disagree strongly with a lot of what you stated. Not because it doesn't work. You will definitely get traffic from the methods. The reason I disagree is because you're placing heavy emphasis on other people. If I were a person looking to learn what you're providing, and I knew how much you sought out, and relied on, other creators, I would naturally believe that the people you are partnering with are superior to you, so I would follow them instead of you. What you're advocating is basically a master and apprentice type relationship with other marketers, and you are in the apprentice role.

      Also, you said to build a site, and then to place SEO and backlinking in the foreground while you work on building relationships. You will obviously get backlinks if you partner with established people, so it is a mistake to seek out people before you make sure that your site is properly setup for SEO, because once you get the backlinks, you can use that power to rank keywords and get organic traffic, and you would have power that's not dependent on somebody else.
      I'm not heavily depending on other people or rather just one person when using these methods. I strongly believe that when it comes to creating content, you should put forth the effort to make it the best possible piece for your audience to gain value out of it. But the other piece that some people don't focus on is also promotion. As much effort you put forth towards creating the content, you should also put forth equal or not more effort towards promotion.

      This is not only practiced by me but other big named bloggers who have built multi million dollar businesses utilizing the methods I have listed above. I see these methods utilized all the time and that's how business is even done in the real world as well and has so for years even before my time.

      It's not about taking the apprenticeship role and going after the heavy hitter when you're first starting out, but instead going maybe after those that are the rising stars or those that have an equal standing or have a little bit more of a following then you. Like I said before it's not about taking from the people you connect with but instead creating situations where both and can benefit from something.

      Again I'm not saying that SEO or back-linking is not important, it is. But I think most people put too much emphasis on it. Search engine's job is to provide the best relevant content to it's users and part of getting the job done is looking at sites or people who have authority, and see what they're linking to. I hope this makes sense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    You are right, you do'nt need anything else than your own creativity to get a lot of free traffic, and your suggestions are excellent.

    Many people try to follow "systems", which is fine for a while but you need to think outside of the box to make it work, which is what defines succesful people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Life Naturally
    Great post! I totally agree with you too many people focus on tactics and the new "fad of the month" instead of just creating great content. I have decided to put out less blogs on my websites but instead focusing on quality blogs that people will hopefully share. I've noticed if you try to "force feed" junk content you never end up getting very many hits in the end. It seems the goal should be to "go viral" and quality content is the best way to do that. Good rant.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author federal06
    Building a Big List can help you get a lot of traffic!!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrislewis217
    These are also methods that has helped the people I listed in my previous comment to get featured in magainzes, tv shows, and other high media sources. Because they had something that they can pitch to journalists and get themselves and their brands covered. Just my two cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMhelper
    Email list , social fans follower would works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10000813].message }}

Trending Topics