Starting Out In Weight Loss Niche Need Motivation and Advice

19 replies
Hi great warriors,
This is probably my first thread on this forum. I mostly active in web design and programming section because that my specialty but now i also want to entered in IM niche. I have recently started working on weight loss niche and getting continuous thoughts whether it is a wise idea or not. Well i am not new in this field and have some decent knowledge about seo,affiliate network stuff. As far as monetization is concerned, i outlined all the possibilities in my mind. My only concerned is that as you know weight loss niche is a severely competitive niche. So far my approach is good or not. I am just sharing you what i have in my mind to get ranking and traffic.

A far as content creation is concerned, i will focus on two types of article, first money articles and second traffic generation article by using long tail keywords. I will post 1 or may be 2 articles a day and then spend all the time for back-linking purposes. I have a lots of free time now a days. i can spend/dedicate at-least 12 hours a day to that website. I really appreciate your output on it. What you thing what is the best plan to rank in this tough niche.

My website:
extremeweightlossideas.com

I hope it is a right section to ask this question. Is it ok to paste links here.
#advice #loss #motivation #niche #starting #weight
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Silvey
    IM is much like baseball. You won't get the game started unless you pick up the ball and throw it.
    Signature
    WP Animate - Increases Conversions & Clicks!
    Create Amazing CSS3 Animations in just a few Clicks - New!

    WPHeadline.net - Create Blazing Headlines in just a few clicks. Updated to WordPress 4.1.1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
      Originally Posted by Chris Silvey View Post

      IM is much like baseball. You won't get the game started unless you pick up the ball and throw it.
      Thanks man for your comment. I am just about to pick up a ball and throw it. Just need some motivation and guidance because road ahead is a tough one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author teeowl
    you forget to include email marketing.Collect emails and send them helpful info.
    Signature

    2015 - my year of breakthrough!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
      Originally Posted by teeowl View Post

      you forget to include email marketing.Collect emails and send them helpful info.
      I have already installed an optin form to collect email. I am giving them a free ebook in order to collect their emails. One more thing, what you think, instead of listing posts on homepage, make a standalone page where i give some introduction about my niche and then put some stats and after that product comparison table. After that all the other best resources that i have in my website like other informational articles.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguelito203
    Originally Posted by WPThemeGuru View Post

    Hi great warriors,
    This is probably my first thread on this forum. I mostly active in web design and programming section because that my specialty but now i also want to entered in IM niche. I have recently started working on weight loss niche and getting continuous thoughts whether it is a wise idea or not. Well i am not new in this field and have some decent knowledge about seo,affiliate network stuff. As far as monetization is concerned, i outlined all the possibilities in my mind. My only concerned is that as you know weight loss niche is a severely competitive niche. So far my approach is good or not. I am just sharing you what i have in my mind to get ranking and traffic.

    A far as content creation is concerned, i will focus on two types of article, first money articles and second traffic generation article by using long tail keywords. I will post 1 or may be 2 articles a day and then spend all the time for back-linking purposes. I have a lots of free time now a days. i can spend/dedicate at-least 12 hours a day to that website. I really appreciate your output on it. What you thing what is the best plan to rank in this tough niche.

    My website:
    extremeweightlossideas.com

    I hope it is a right section to ask this question. Is it ok to paste links here.
    I'm not in this niche, but here's what I can tell you about working in really competitive niches -- given that I not only work in the IM niche but the dating niche as well. Any highly profitable niche is going to have competition. This can be quite good because it means that there are more products to promote (more opportunities to make money). According to Google trends, Insanity by Shaun T was the most popular exercise program last year - tons of keywords you can use to promote this. P90X was on the list as well.

    As for your site, I like the pictures and how you have the articles laid out. However, some of your headings are redundant. It looks messy. If you are going to have pills, supplements, and exercise programs, for example, each of those sections needs to be clearly defined, so the user knows where to go. Right now, it's confusing.

    Joey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    Nothing works until you take action. There are a lot of ideas, but they will be just ideas if you don`t use them. So stop asking for encouragement and start earning your first mil
    Signature
    I Use SiteGround For Hosting
    And SpinRewriter For Unlimited, Unique Content.
    Try Them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
      I may be a bit of a snob (or stickler) when it comes to spelling, but I really think you should go through your site and fix some of the errors (including your site's NAME).

      That will help.

      Also, so far, your site is very general. You should figure out which niche you want to focus on and deliver some of the goods.

      Who is your audience?

      People who want to achieve extreme results, or people who want to achieve results extremely fast? Or people who have a huge amount of weight to lose?

      Your site's URL promises "extreme weight loss," so you might want to add more articles and other info on how you're going to help people achieve that goal.

      Good luck!
      Signature

      FREE Report: 5 Ways To Grow Your Affiliate Income

      Let Me Help You Sell: Sales Letters, Email Series, Pre-Sell Reports... PM me & we'll talk!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10010984].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
        Originally Posted by wordwizard View Post

        I may be a bit of a snob (or stickler) when it comes to spelling, but I really think you should go through your site and fix some of the errors (including your site's NAME).

        That will help.

        Also, so far, your site is very general. You should figure out which niche you want to focus on and deliver some of the goods.

        Who is your audience?

        People who want to achieve extreme results, or people who want to achieve results extremely fast? Or people who have a huge amount of weight to lose?

        Your site's URL promises "extreme weight loss," so you might want to add more articles and other info on how you're going to help people achieve that goal.

        Good luck!
        Thanks for your output. I would definitely write some articles that shows them how to achieve results fast. You are right about spelling. I know logo is misspelled. Thanks for pointing out. My site is general and that is the thing that hurting me know. I think instead of covering all the things just try to focus on sub niches.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011593].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
          Thanks Miguelito203 for your output i will take care of the headings. I think you are talking about menu links.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011597].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Real Deal
        I have made a lot of money in the weight loss niche, but have been out of it for a few years now. I made money by focusing on one scientific discovery basically, and sold something related to/based on that.

        What you need to realize is that most buyers willing to pay for a weight loss related product don't want:

        10 Tips that will help you lose weight

        or

        Good suggestions for healthy breakfast foods

        They want to know a "Secret" or a "New Discovery" They basically want a simple to follow system that will guarantee them the results that they desire, and they want it to be easy! (Don't we all! )

        Originally Posted by wordwizard View Post

        Also, so far, your site is very general. You should figure out which niche you want to focus on and deliver some of the goods.

        Who is your audience?

        People who want to achieve extreme results, or people who want to achieve results extremely fast? Or people who have a huge amount of weight to lose?
        The comment above is great advice...

        If you haven't read Tim Ferriss book 4 Hour Body4 Hour Body then get it. Tim has some cool "new'ish" information about weight loss, like how to lose weight by lowering your body temperature for example, (ice baths could be considered "extreme" I guess. ), but that's not the main reason I recommend his book.

        When it comes down to actually selling something in the weight loss niche, you have to be credible, and that is that's why I suggest you read Tim's book. Model yourself after his style and make sure that you have properly researched whatever it is you are trying to sell.

        In the end, if you want to make the big money in the weight loss industry you are going to have to make some big promises, so you need to make sure that the promises you make are as credible as possible. Another thing to note is that your 100% Money Back Guarantee is super important in this niche. I can't remember the exact wording I used to have, but perhaps you could try something like this: (just check the legality of the claims you make in your jurisdiction first):

        Lose 10 pounds or more in your first 14 days, or I don't even want your money! If you don't lose more weight (and faster) than you even thought was humanly possible, just let me know and I will refund 100% of what you paid for this product!
        It's a huge niche and there is a lot of money to be made if you get it right, but as Wordwizard said, don't be so general...try to focus on one path to losing weight and build your credibility around that path. I like the design, looks good.

        Good luck!
        Signature

        I've made over $6 million dollars in profit from simple websites, mostly affiliate sites. Click here if you want to learn my simple formula for success, and want my team and I to help you build your online business [WSO].

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012473].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author The Real Deal
          Ok, one more tip...

          It's obvious that at least some sections of the site (I only checked a couple of pages), are not written by a native English speaker/writer. Unless you are going to have someone edit the text for grammar mistakes perhaps you could instead change the pen name from "Cathy Jones" to something more exotic?

          Not speaking/writing perfect English certainly doesn't have to detract from a persons credibility in terms of weight loss, but if you pretend to that it's written by a native English speaker and use poor spelling and grammar then it detracts a lot from your credibility IMO.

          Again, good luck!

          PS. I'm also not a native English speaker/writer and I normally I don't point out mistakes to others on a forum but this time I thought it would be helpful. Please excuse any grammar mistakes by me!
          Signature

          I've made over $6 million dollars in profit from simple websites, mostly affiliate sites. Click here if you want to learn my simple formula for success, and want my team and I to help you build your online business [WSO].

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012496].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
          Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post

          I have made a lot of money in the weight loss niche, but have been out of it for a few years now. I made money by focusing on one scientific discovery basically, and sold something related to/based on that.

          What you need to realize is that most buyers willing to pay for a weight loss related product don't want:

          10 Tips that will help you lose weight

          or

          Good suggestions for healthy breakfast foods

          They want to know a "Secret" or a "New Discovery" They basically want a simple to follow system that will guarantee them the results that they desire, and they want it to be easy! (Don't we all! )



          The comment above is great advice...

          If you haven't read Tim Ferriss book 4 Hour Body then get it. Tim has some cool "new'ish" information about weight loss, like how to lose weight by lowering your body temperature for example, (ice baths could be considered "extreme" I guess. ), but that's not the main reason I recommend his book.

          When it comes down to actually selling something in the weight loss niche, you have to be credible, and that is that's why I suggest you read Tim's book. Model yourself after his style and make sure that you have properly researched whatever it is you are trying to sell.

          In the end, if you want to make the big money in the weight loss industry you are going to have to make some big promises, so you need to make sure that the promises you make are as credible as possible. Another thing to note is that your 100% Money Back Guarantee is super important in this niche. I can't remember the exact wording I used to have, but perhaps you could try something like this: (just check the legality of the claims you make in your jurisdiction first):


          It's a huge niche and there is a lot of money to be made if you get it right, but as Wordwizard said, don't be so general...try to focus on one path to losing weight and build your credibility around that path. I like the design, looks good.

          Good luck!
          Thanks The Real Deal, you give me a real deal that how can you get success not only in weight loss but in every niche. Your insight and credible knowledge would help me to get results. What you think instead of writing general content only focus on extreme strategies to lose weight. By looking my website theme(topic) what you recommend me to focus on. This is the main question that i am looking for a honest answer. As far as pen name is concerned, you are right. Exotic means something like slim girl etc as a pen name.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas W
    What's your goal? Become an authority or just send curated website full of spun generic articles?
    Signature

    Established webmaster since 1998. Bought my first domain name for $70 and had to pay $1000 a month for hosting. It was the good life

    Skype: twool9
    Email me at thomasw9 ((((a)))) G mail

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10011601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
      Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post

      What's your goal? Become an authority or just send curated website full of spun generic articles?
      No thomas, i would definitely go for authority. Today, i have bought the service article video rebot and they have 50 video per month. So i would convert my articles that i will write for my website and make a video out for it. They also have a service to send it to different website with same package. So i am looking forward what will i get from my video traffic generation strategy. Finger crossed and thanks for reply.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012248].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas W
        Originally Posted by WPThemeGuru View Post

        No thomas, i would definitely go for authority. Today, i have bought the service article video rebot and they have 50 video per month. So i would convert my articles that i will write for my website and make a video out for it. They also have a service to send it to different website with same package. So i am looking forward what will i get from my video traffic generation strategy. Finger crossed and thanks for reply.
        I believe it needs some more personality. The articles should come as perspective of Cathy Jones

        I saw this 3 minute video on Facebook that had two good lookin women in yoga pants doing exercises. Got like 25 million views. Something to think about
        Signature

        Established webmaster since 1998. Bought my first domain name for $70 and had to pay $1000 a month for hosting. It was the good life

        Skype: twool9
        Email me at thomasw9 ((((a)))) G mail

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012446].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
          Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post

          I believe it needs some more personality. The articles should come as perspective of Cathy Jones

          I saw this 3 minute video on Facebook that had two good lookin women in yoga pants doing exercises. Got like 25 million views. Something to think about
          Thanks man you are great. A good suggestion and i will definitely keep in mind. Nowadays, videos on facebook getting more views in short span of time as compare to youtube.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweetcrabhoney18
    My advice :

    Pick 5 weightloss products to promote and squeeze them for all they can give you. Making an infographic is a great way . And doing videos/ slideshows also.

    Place their banners on the side bar and create LONG reviews that are well written and extremely detailed.

    Your logo looks like sex not weight loss.

    Find a writer that is better and can deliver. Don't be afraid to pay for quality; IE. over $15 per article. OR try PLR to speed up the writing element but still have something awesome for your site.

    The facebook thing is weird to me because it has only two likes. makes me sad for you.

    Get help with your article titles. You want them to draw clicks instead of making readers go to sleep.

    I'm sure it'll be a great authority site with determination and hard work. Don't quit just because it gets hard. You can do it!

    Sending good luck vibes your way.
    Signature

    keep moving forward

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10014577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WPThemeGuru
      Originally Posted by sweetcrabhoney18 View Post

      My advice :

      Pick 5 weightloss products to promote and squeeze them for all they can give you. Making an infographic is a great way . And doing videos/ slideshows also.

      Place their banners on the side bar and create LONG reviews that are well written and extremely detailed.

      Your logo looks like sex not weight loss.

      Find a writer that is better and can deliver. Don't be afraid to pay for quality; IE. over $15 per article. OR try PLR to speed up the writing element but still have something awesome for your site.

      The facebook thing is weird to me because it has only two likes. makes me sad for you.

      Get help with your article titles. You want them to draw clicks instead of making readers go to sleep.

      I'm sure it'll be a great authority site with determination and hard work. Don't quit just because it gets hard. You can do it!

      Sending good luck vibes your way.
      Harsh but constructive criticism is good to rectify ourselves. I like all your points and i am already working on all the things that you have mentioned. In a week you see all the changes. At this moment i am writing product reviews. Article title will be improved. Facebook i have not yet start promoting it on social media. I will start working on traffic generation once i sort all the things that my website lacks. Thanks for your output again. I would update you and all the warriors about my website.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10015427].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LuxySEO
        Unfortunately I am a newbie - infact this is my first post....reading member for years.

        Rant - Mailchimp just took my $240 and refused to send my mails or refund my money because its in the weightloss niche so my advice will be not to use mailchimp for newsletter in weight loss niche.

        Does any one know a mail provider that allows weight loss newsletter or a way out ...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10064896].message }}

Trending Topics