I'm Sana and I started freelance writing back in 2004 through various outsourcing platforms (I have my profile in almost all of them ). Today, I am in the middle of changing my online business strategies and work on my own niche website which I know will be a great success, if all goes well...
I would like to ask some specific questions and get benefit from the valuable and varied experiences of the marketers who participate here. Here are some I had in mind:
1. How many pages do I need to score good rankings on Google in a niche which is related to pregnancy issues? I am currently ready with 25 pages consisting of no less than 1000 words each (I still have them in my drafts folder and have not published them yet through to some designing issues I am having at the moment)
2. What kind of tone will you suggest me to carry throughout my articles? Will sharing my own experience will lead to better visitor interest or keeping it neutral would be sufficient? I don't have experience engaging a women-centric audience (I am a woman myself, I know but still) so I am confused to choose the tone of my content.
3. Should I be including affiliate offers/ products within my website at this stage?
4. Is it really necessary to buy traffic in the early stages of a website? I am asking this with a doubt in mind because I have enrolled into an IM coaching program of a well-known marketer who is giving advice to buy traffic through Fiverr in his 30-day money making challenge. On the contrary, I do believe that I shall be able to capture good leads/ visitor interest considering the niche I have involved myself into.
5. Is it wise for me to invest money on advertising and backlinks? Considering the fact that this is my very first 'experimental' project. I don't have high hopes with it but I would love to see succeed and make around $1000 a month. This is my expected target income.
I shall be following up your responses if I get successful in getting your attention.