The New Basketball Site

29 replies
Hi, everyone

I read your forum about one year, and I learn a lot of things. Now, I need advice and where I can get better suggestions than here?

I had launched a new site, maybe ten days ago. It's basketball magazine, but I will describe you in the next paragraph.

My friends and I are writing contents and creating art design and maybe videos (NBA Mix) in the future. But, because it's just five of us, we can't have daily news or something like SBNation or BleacherReport.

The site has five categories. And we can create 2-3-4 contents per day.

1. More Than Points (blog category, analyst and others.)
2. State of Fantasy (Daily Fantasy Basketball)
3. Basketball Fashion (Jersey of the day, kicks duel...)
4. Blue Library (books, games...)
5. Fadeawaysaurus (Basketball Art Design)

I created FB page, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.

Affiliate partners with Amazon, NBA Store, Sports Memorabilia, 5 Daily Fantasy Sites.

1. What you suggest me about traffics and monetizing?

2. I would like to have a clear website, without AdSense and pop-ups. Is that real or is not?

3. I create FB ads, and I use boost posts for now...but I spent about 5$ per day. That is not enough?

4. My budget is about 100-200$ per month. I can give more in the future, but I would like to hear what you think.

5. Future Plans: youtube (2-3 per month) and teespring.

My site is www.fadeawayworld.com

I am new here, and I appreciate any help. If you have a time, check my site and give me your opinion. And I'm not here to get traffic from warriors member, if you think that.

Important notice: I already have a job, and this is my professional hobby. I really like NBA basketball, and I think that we can get some space there.

Kind Regards.
#basketball #site
  • What exactly are your questions. That my friend is a bad ass site.

    It kind of looks like it was built on blogger. I recognize that template. What CM platform are you using?
    Signature

    I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Although you've entered a market with incredible amounts of competition. You obviously have passion for what you do. It shows in your site.

      You have a decent start. Now the key is to
      • Zero in on your core audience of basketball fan.
      • Build a list, maybe even offer a free gift to speed up the process, and keep feeding them fresh, engaging and unique content they can't get just anywhere.
      • Study your market (competition) and make it your goal to do the little extras they don't like to do or overlook. That will help you to stand out even more.
      Be sure to keep your finger on the pulse of your readers/subscribers by ...
      • Polling them or doing periodic surveys of what they'd like or like to see more of.
      • Invite/encourage feedback, comments and suggestions.
      You may have it or I just didn't see it, but you might want to consider video. For example, perhaps the best slam dunks this week, month, year or of all time. Even have readers or subscribers vote or include an "agree or disagree" poll each day, week, month or one time.

      Or the best cross-overs (ankle breakers). Or Bloopers (Think "Shaqin' a Fool") those are always good stickies (gets people to stick around) for any basketball site (not all b.b sites include them).

      Off the top of my head those are some suggestions you might consider. - Good Luck.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027999].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
        @ ProfitFromMyDomain

        Wordpress, my theme is Magic Mag.

        Thanks. I have $200 budget per month. How will you use that money for that kind of site?

        And where I can learn about SEO?


        Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

        Although you've entered a market with incredible amounts of competition. You obviously have passion for what you do. It shows in your site.

        You have a decent start. Now the key is to
        • Zero in on your core audience of the basketball fan.
        • Build a list, maybe even offer a free gift to speed up the process, and keep feeding them fresh, engaging and unique content they can't get just anywhere.
        • Study your market (competition) and make it your goal to do the little extras they don't like to do or overlook. That will help you to stand out even more.
        Be sure to keep your finger on the pulse of your readers/subscribers by ...
        • Polling them or doing periodic surveys of what they'd like or like to see more of.
        • Invite/encourage feedback, comments and suggestions.
        You may have it or I just didn't see it, but you might want to consider video. For example, perhaps the best slam dunks this week, month, year or of all time. Even have readers or subscribers vote or include an "agree or disagree" poll each day, week, month or one time.

        Or the best cross-overs (ankle breakers). Or Bloopers (Think "Shaqin' a Fool") those are always good stickies (gets people to stick around) for any basketball site (not all b.b sites include them).

        Off the top of my head those are some suggestions you might consider. - Good Luck.
        Thanks a lot for details and suggestions.

        Can yo tell me, what kind of a free gift is good for the basketball site? Books, maybe?

        I don't have subscribers yet. But I will hope so that I will have it.

        I will use video on my facebook page and I am planning to create some mix in every 10-14 days.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028292].message }}
        • this guy just launched an SEO course
          http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ing-udemy.html

          This is free to an extent
          https://course.clickminded.com/cours...lectures/37803

          You can always find a good seo course online udemy, lynda, youtube. Just type in SEO part 1 or SEO training case study in google and you'll get all the good results...


          and if you and your friends are writing all of the content, you wont have to hire writers. So I would say invest it in seo and paid marketing but when it comes to paid marketing. You have to be diligent. As the always so helpful Niche Man said build a list. This is vital!

          So your education should consist of
          - list building/landing pages
          - email marketing
          - SEO
          - facebook marketing
          - and any other form of paid marketing you can focus on

          You do have some really creative ideas, so an incentive should be easy. You can literally make anything into an incentive. Top 7 Types of Dunks this can be focused on people looking for basket training. I see you have basketball fantasy so you can do something like.

          Fade Away Fantasy Report - Our Insight on Fantasy Basketball
          - you can just research stats and trends and put it into an e-book. Just think of the e-book as a really long article with a table of contents.

          Their literally is no reason for people not to subscribe.

          My best advice is to not invest too much into anything unless you have learned it in theory first. Always play with 5$, never play with 100$ until you've pin pointed your market.


          Also basketball shoe reviews or just shoe reviews in general, basketball reviews, trading cards etc....just look at your market.
          Signature

          I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028336].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
            Originally Posted by ProfitFromMyDomain View Post

            this guy just launched an SEO course
            http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ing-udemy.html

            This is free to an extent
            https://course.clickminded.com/cours...lectures/37803

            You can always find a good seo course online udemy, lynda, youtube. Just type in SEO part 1 or SEO training case study in google and you'll get all the good results...


            and if you and your friends are writing all of the content, you wont have to hire writers. So I would say invest it in seo and paid marketing but when it comes to paid marketing. You have to be diligent. As the always so helpful Niche Man said build a list. This is vital!

            So your education should consist of
            - list building/landing pages
            - email marketing
            - SEO
            - facebook marketing
            - and any other form of paid marketing you can focus on

            You do have some really creative ideas, so an incentive should be easy. You can literally make anything into an incentive. Top 7 Types of Dunks this can be focused on people looking for basket training. I see you have basketball fantasy so you can do something like.

            Fade Away Fantasy Report - Our Insight on Fantasy Basketball
            - you can just research stats and trends and put it into an e-book. Just think of the e-book as a really long article with a table of contents.

            Their literally is no reason for people not to subscribe.

            My best advice is to not invest too much into anything unless you have learned it in theory first. Always play with 5$, never play with 100$ until you've pin pointed your market.


            Also basketball shoe reviews or just shoe reviews in general, basketball reviews, trading cards etc....just look at your market.
            Thanks, again. That is a lot of useful information from you and from Niche Man, and I will start from that point.

            I must create something valuable for my customer.

            I thought to create t-shirts on teespring.com and give 5 per month for the best fans, who's making comments, vote etc.

            Problem is about fantasy report because my competition has a better tools and a lot of money to invest there, but I will figure out.

            Ok, I will read about seo, list buildings and email marketing, because I don't have good knowledge about that.

            @ list building

            I think that I will have a problem with that free gifts for my customers because I can't write ebook about fantasy, as there exist stronger site with more reliable tools for that.

            I will try to find some gift that I can provide them, but it's very difficult for the basketball site.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10028424].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
          Originally Posted by LeonardTrox View Post

          @ ProfitFromMyDomain

          Thanks a lot for details and suggestions.

          Can yo tell me, what kind of a free gift is good for the basketball site? Books, maybe?
          Of course ebook comes to mind first, something that would be useful to the average serious basketball fan, exclusive and unique enough that he couldn't just find it anywhere online or off. The more effort you put in this step - the more dividends you get. Most people just throw together a free gift and slap it on a website.

          The Free gift should rival something others charge for. This will help build your list up fast. If you don't have time to create a quality ebook. Consider looking into the many PLR sports related ebooks available.

          Also consider offering a service ... something that helps your basketball fan do something faster, easier or more conveniently.

          Is your primary/core market the basketball fan only or the player as well? Be careful saying both to quickly, because trying to focus on both could dilute your efforts and marketing results.

          You can appeal to both but one should always have priority over the other in your online marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, search engine marketing and niche marketing - and the free gift you offer.

          But you don't have to just focus on an ebook gift, think discount coupons for basketball related products. I'd Google "Gifts for the Basketball Fan" to give you ideas and inspiration.
          Signature
          Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
          "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
          "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029294].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
            Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

            Of course ebook comes to mind first, something that would be useful to the average serious basketball fan, exclusive and unique enough that he couldn't just find it anywhere online or off. The more effort you put in this step - the more dividends you get. Most people just throw together a free gift and slap it on a website.

            The Free gift should rival something others charge for. This will help build your list up fast. If you don't have time to create a quality ebook. Consider looking into the many PLR sports related ebooks available.

            Also consider offering a service ... something that helps your basketball fan do something faster, easier or more conveniently.

            Is your primary/core market the basketball fan only or the player as well? Be careful saying both to quickly, because trying to focus on both could dilute your efforts and marketing results.

            You can appeal to both but one should always have priority over the other in your online marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, search engine marketing and niche marketing - and the free gift you offer.

            But you don't have to just focus on an ebook gift, think discount coupons for basketball related products. I'd Google "Gifts for the Basketball Fan" to give you ideas and inspiration.
            I just looked on PLR sports related, but I didn't find any valuable to them. I thought about fantasy report, but honestly - another site has more powerfull statistical tools than I have at this moment.

            My primary core is basketball fans. For players, I can only provide my content about them.

            I will do every two days some polls, like Select Your Free Agent: Marc Gasol or LaMarcuse Aldridge?

            With that, fans can stick with me. I pay for every better post some ad on the facebook.

            At this moment, because my site is a new one, and it's about sport, i can't find interesting free gift for my fans.

            What you think about my strategies:

            Every 10 days, I will give some book or t-shirt (10-20$) for one fan. I will organize competition like -> subscribe on email if you want to enter the contest, and I think to create some points for good comments or like?

            What if is that negative, because I will learn my fans to give them something, and they will stick with me because of that, not because they like to read on my site? What do you think?

            That is about 60$ per month, I guess.

            or

            I will use google for gifts for the basketball fans, and see I if can find something.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029445].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
              Originally Posted by LeonardTrox View Post

              I just looked on PLR sports related, but I didn't find any valuable to them. I thought about fantasy report, but honestly - another site has more powerfull statistical tools than I have at this moment.

              My primary core is basketball fans. For players, I can only provide my content about them.

              I will do every two days some polls, like Select Your Free Agent: Marc Gasol or LaMarcuse Aldridge?

              With that, fans can stick with me. I pay for every better post some ad on the facebook.

              At this moment, because my site is a new one, and it's about sport, i can't find interesting free gift for my fans.

              What you think about my strategies:

              Every 10 days, I will give some book or t-shirt (10-20$) for one fan. I will organize competition like -> subscribe on email if you want to enter the contest, and I think to create some points for good comments or like?

              What if is that negative, because I will learn my fans to give them something, and they will stick with me because of that, not because they like to read on my site? What do you think?

              That is about 60$ per month, I guess.

              or

              I will use google for gifts for the basketball fans, and see I if can find something.
              The main thing at this point, you're taking actions, asking questions and improving with each step. Note, that was just one PLR site I gave you as an example, there's ton's more. Just Google it, For example "sports related PLR books" ... or something like that.

              But if you're having a hard time finding free gifts, don't worry about it too much, just keep your eyes peeled. I guarantee you'll stumble across or get an idea for creating your own. Just don't get too bogged down with it right now.

              Now you want to make sure you're supplying killer content and doing things to drive traffic to your site, because that's the ultimate gift you can give your visitors - the free gift is just gravy on the side.
              Signature
              Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
              "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
              "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030867].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
                Thanks, again. I have ideas, and I will try and test them if they can work.

                Last night, I talked with affiliate manager about free gifts, and he will check if he can provide me a discount code for the fadeawayworld or some valuable free gift.

                However, I wrote 1 post with my sign on the one site, and I get about 10 people in my site, reading a post from that link.

                I know that I must be creative and provide them the great content and some instant posts for voting, or just chilling.

                I'm the economist, and I learn to invest and that is a problem for me.

                Probably, I will create some contest or something like that, and I will give my fans some shirts.

                But first, until the next month, I will try to attract them with content and polls.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yommys01
    Read how to get into Google news, there are many articles on the internet on that subject. I used it and I successful got one of my site into Google news. A football/soccer site.

    Google news will bring you alot of traffic. Tons of traffic.

    You should also try to get into newsnow.co.uk. They are difficult but I think you have a good chance. I have 4 football/soccer sites on there. They bring you lots of traffic, even more than Google news.

    To make money from the site, mgid and pixfuture should work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yommys01
    I read through your posts again and have some questions.

    1. Are the content on the site unique? If not, you won't be able to get into Google news or newsnow

    2. You say you have a budget of $200 per month, do you intend using the site as a money maker or just a passion site?

    3. Do you write the articles by yourself?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
      I will read all about sites that you wrote here. I will focus on 2-3.

      1. It's unique. Me and my friends are writing every day.

      2. Combination - passion and money maker. Because, I have a company, and I am an economist/manager, I would like to make some money, off course.

      3. Yes, I write by myself, but the problem is because I can't do that often, maybe 1 post per day, but I have two friend for that. I'm arranging post on the site.

      What do you think is the best solution?

      I have facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram. Maybe is that to much?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029536].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yommys01
        Originally Posted by LeonardTrox View Post

        I will read all about sites that you wrote here. I will focus on 2-3.

        1. It's unique. Me and my friends are writing every day.

        2. Combination - passion and money maker. Because, I have a company, and I am an economist/manager, I would like to make some money, off course.

        3. Yes, I write by myself, but the problem is because I can't do that often, maybe 1 post per day, but I have two friend for that. I'm arranging post on the site.

        What do you think is the best solution?

        I have facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram. Maybe is that to much?
        Do you properly cite your articles? Do you have a proofreader who checks for spelling and grammar errors ( I have 3 mainly because English just my 3rd language )?

        Can you get 2-3 people who will write news only articles per day? They can add a bit of their opinion in the articles but has to be solely news reportage. Thats the only way to get into Google news which to me is easier and better than Google news. Newsnow like I said before will bring you more traffic ( well, at least thats the case with my football/soccer sites ) but they are rigid and can remove you for the slightest mistake.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029558].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gambino
        Originally Posted by LeonardTrox View Post

        When I mentioned 140 visitors, I thought 140 visitors of my thread in the forum, not about visitors on my site.

        1. Traffic

        I have a Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. What do you think about StumbleUpon?

        I paid page ad for Facebook, and I boost posts. How can I gain more traffic, instead of paying ads and boosts?

        2. E-mail marketing

        How can I get more subscribers? I read that you wrote about free gifts, but where I can find free gifts for the basketball site?

        3. SEO

        I don't know much about this. Can someone suggest me tutorial and how can I better rank my site.

        One site told me that they can get me to the 1st Google rank for 245$ per month, but in the next 3-4 months. Use that or no?

        @ Budget

        My budget is about 200$ per month for marketing and other stuff. How you will use that money?

        Thanks.

        @ warrior forum

        You can delete this thread because I have one similar. THank you.
        This is your quote from your other thread.

        1. StumbleUpon: I have no clue. I have never advertised or even used StumbleUpon. Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) are great for driving traffic and building followers. Continue to do that and interact and share with your follows.

        I wouldn't recommend paying for advertising on social media. At least not at this stage. You need to to figure out how you're going to monetize your site and how much money you can make based on your traffic. What's your average profit per visitor?

        2. Subscribers: I would build followers on social networks and collect emails in an auto responder. What do other basketball sites give away to their visitors to get them on a list?

        3. I wouldnt spend any money on advertising a site unless I had my monetization in place. Otherwise you'll give visitors, who may or may not come back, but you're losing money in the process.

        My other tips would be:

        To create a uniqueness that differentiates your site. You can do that through humor or constant updates; the best two for this audience in my opinion. And of course, great information. But there has to be a driving force that separates you from ESPN and ProBasketballTalk and the thousands of other basketball sites. Unfortunately, building a following is a slow process.

        YouTube everything you can. Highlights, lowlights, analysis, anything.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029595].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
          @ yommys01

          I have a proofreader but only for the bigger articles. I don't have for the fantasy report and others smaller posts. But I have a Grammarly because I can't notice all mistakes.

          (News) I can find, but I think that I can't compete with a Twitter journalists because all news are in the one second there.

          Fadeaway World is more analytics site than news blog.

          I will try with a Newsnow because it's unreal to have news at this time (google).

          @ Gambino

          1. Ok, I will stick with fb, tw, inst and pin. But, how anyone can see my posts on the Facebook if I can't pay ad?

          I don't have any profit; the site was launched 14 days ago.

          Monetizing: daily basketball fantasy, affiliate marketing (NBA store and Amazon).

          2. I don't think that they are giving something because they already build their brand name.

          3. I don't know how can I be visible if I don't have a boost on my post. I know, it's a very slow process. I already have some clicks (NBA products and fantasy sites) but without conversion.

          I will try with good contents, with some interesting polls and youtube videos.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
    I think I remember seeing a clickbank product that could be perfect for you. It was something about jumping higher or something. Just remember that the person who created it was extremely credible and had a lot of experience in the professional field. Something that might be worth looking into.

    Anyways, it's nice to see somebody start a site who clearly has a lot of passion for the niche. It really shows in your content, from the few pieces I sifted through. Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    Yes nice site and passion noted.

    Monetization:

    1- Lead Capture: Like others above said, you should be capturing leads. Give them a free Ebook on this sports niche and offer them 'updates' to start generating your own leads.

    2- Sell Your 'Own' E books: You can create 'better' Ebooks later and sell it to your list.

    3- Ad Networks: You can add a few more ad networks to your mix. I see that you already have a store that sells physical products related to this sports niche. Awesome!

    But you can even add more networks and 'earn' on clicks to ads.

    Traffic?

    Promotion is a full time job.

    This is always the tricky part. You need one of your guys (maybe you) to just keep going around all the Online Communities sharing your content. Please note that I said sharing and not spamming. I am not saying that you will be a spammer. I just have to mention this point for other up coming marketers reading this thread.

    You need to find more networks and add them to the one's you are already sharing in.

    This will help you rank your content higher in the Search Engines.

    The more people see your site and like it, then the 'natural' sharing that Google loves starts happening.

    And you may just find one social network that will start flooding your site with traffic. Content is Queen. Promotion and Consistency is King.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
      @ Chris Lee

      I will check for that ClickBank product and I'm googling like I'm crazy to find something interesting for my fans.

      Thanks. It means a lot to me.

      @ Rory Singh

      Rory, Fearless Warrior is everything. And I am the one in the real life, but I am the newbie on this forum.

      1. I think that is too hard to find some ebook for free. But I will give them updates (contents) every day. And I will try to give them something unique.

      3. I will sign a contract with the FootLocker and UnderArmour, probably. Thanks.

      Adsense - I don't want AdSense because is annoying. Same as pop-ups. That is only my opinion.

      @ traffic

      Great advice. I will try to balance and try to mix something different.

      Content is not Queen. Promotion and Consistency is King. - Absolutely agree.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10029967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bsurb
    First of all, as a huge basketball fan myself if I want any factual news or stats I head over to nba.com, ESPN or sbnation. It's impossible to compete with them, so ask your self. What can I offer to my readers that these other sites do not? Maybe different insight on the game? Not just covering post game news.

    Now another thing is sign up on ESPN message board and other Nba forums. Possibl advertise banners on other forums or place your link in your signature and continue to create informal posts. Build relationships with members and admins.

    You won't start selling anything until you drive in good amounts of traffic and creating some unique content that nba fanatics want to read.
    Signature
    Vinyl Signs & Web Design in Ocala, FL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Arissa Lockhart
      Originally Posted by bsurb View Post

      First of all, as a huge basketball fan myself if I want any factual news or stats I head over to nba.com, ESPN or sbnation. It's impossible to compete with them, so ask your self. What can I offer to my readers that these other sites do not? Maybe different insight on the game? Not just covering post game news.

      Now another thing is sign up on ESPN message board and other Nba forums. Possibl advertise banners on other forums or place your link in your signature and continue to create informal posts. Build relationships with members and admins.

      You won't start selling anything until you drive in good amounts of traffic and creating some unique content that nba fanatics want to read.
      I agree with what he ^ said.

      So, what I would do is compile and edit a really good HD video of all the "Best Basketball Fails Ever" and promote it through Facebook to drive traffic to your site. People on social media love wasting time on stuff like that.

      Once they get to your site, you should have other stuff that they can continue wasting time on. For example, other videos that show:

      - Best slam dunks ever
      - Most amazing shot ever
      - Worst basketball fights, etc.

      All of such content is meant to entertain and keep people coming back for more.

      Personally, I'm quite a focused person when it comes to work. That is, until I chance upon things like the "Best Football Funnies" on YouTube. I can spend all day watching those, really. (Football as in soccer for all you 'Muricans.)

      Once you have a fan base and an email list, you can start promoting any basketball-related offers to them. Cool t-shirts, toy figures of your favorite basketball players, books, etc.

      Not exactly an easy market, I would say. But if you're holding down a full-time job and don't need to make millions by tomorrow, I say go for it. It's good for the soul to work hard on something you love.

      By the way, I'm not sure about the direction you intend to take with your site. But someone I'm acquainted with owns a football punting site and he sells a text subscription service for predictions. He makes a killing every month, even though his predictions are wrong half the time. This goes to show you that most people are greedy and only want fast money with no effort.

      If you want to keep your site non-sleazy and professional, though, you could start a forum instead of a punting service. Like a fantasy forum where people can come together to compete for prizes instead. I'm sure you know what I mean. Fantasy sports is a whole niche of its own, though.

      Anyway, just throwing out ideas for you to think about.

      It's soooo refreshing to see a thread where someone isn't asking, "How do I make a million dollars next month?" Instead, we have you saying: "Hey guys, new here and need some help. I've done this, this, and this so far, and need ideas for that, that, and that."

      Good job so far and continue having fun with your passion.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030069].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
        @ bsurb

        "Maybe different insight on the game". Yes, I want to make a difference with that and with a fantasy report.

        I can't compete with ESPN or NBA about stats, and I'm not doing that. SB Nation is a blog, but with 30 blogs for each team, . Of course, I can't compete with them covering post game news.

        Thanks for the suggestions, I will do that - posting a comment with my signature in the sites with a lot of traffic. And I hope so that I can get some readers to my site.

        @ Arissa Lockhart

        I'm will launch video next month. My plan is to have 3 video per month. Sports fans like a video and art design photo. I already have art design.

        Yes, I understand what you mean, and I already think about that (forum), but I must find someone to be the admin of that kind of forum. Thanks, every idea is a good for me.

        I believe that I can compete with a stronger site with the content about the game, because I recognize that chance when I read my competition. I will do step by step, and I will see where is going to take me.

        I know that some of you don't agree with me, but I will probably invest in the prize for my fans or something like that.

        If you have any idea, let me know.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    When I visited your site, my first question was, do you have the rights to use the images you have on your site?
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      When I visited your site, my first question was, do you have the rights to use the images you have on your site?
      This was also the first question I had. Who has the copyright for those images. You are not even giving credit to the person who took the photo, not to say that would give you the right to use them.

      Also, you state there are you and 5 friends but you can only put up 3-4 articles a day. Sorry, but if you are all basketball fans, you should be able to put up at least 10 a day

      al
      Signature

      "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat." ~Lilly Tomlin~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
        @ Kurt @ agmccall

        I always give a credit via Photo Source. Maybe I didn't find sources of 2-3 pics because when I checked that photo - they didn't have any credit on the others site.

        If you meant on the homepage, that is theme problem - I can't put photo credits, unless you click on my post, and then you can find.

        Also, I have a designer who has his logo and I can use them.

        @ friend

        I have two friends, not five. And all of as have the primary (full-time) jobs. So, 10 posts per day are unreal at this moment.

        10 posts per day nobody doing, it's too much...unless you have just a video or something like that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10031108].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
          @ Landing Page

          I would like to ask you, how can I create the landing page and do you have some suggestions?

          Thanks
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046643].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Fingertips
            Hi Leonard

            Thanks for your enquiry. I sent you a PM, and thought I would also post a reply here too.

            I had a good look at your website and FB page. It's a very good site and well-designed.

            As many people have already told you, this is a very specialised niche site, so it will only work with targeted leads. You can't send this to 1000 people and expect anyone to click. You know why? Because many people don't like or follow basketball so why would they?

            You have to target your audience first. I know a few cool NINJA tricks to do this which is one way I earn a living online but to put it simply, You have to look for basketball fans.

            One of the first places I would go to promote this site is eBay and Amazon. There will be sports categories and probably basketball categories. Just run a simple ad there offering individual items for sale, maybe a free eBook about what you do? Start leading people back to your website. I would probably get an eBay shop later on when it starts to work. I could promote this site very easily for you for a fee, or you can do it yourself. It's easy and fun.

            I would also Google basketball forums and sports forums, join these forums and do posts like we do on Warrior Forum, but all about basketball. There is a very special way to do this using a URL cheat I know which finds you active basketball sites with high traffic. I'll do this later and see what sites I come up with.

            Start a Twitter account in the Fadeaway name and start Tweeting 3 times a day and retweeting too. This will soon build you a following.

            Start a blog ASAP talking about basketball, and every time you post on it - put the post link on Twitter and Facebook, and lead people back to your website and blog. Give good content and high value in your posts.

            Put an optin form on the blog and also the website, so you can get peoples' email addresses. You will begin to build a list on your blog as people start to follow you, and keep on updating them. It is work, but you want an online business don't you? So you know there will be work involved.

            When you have some money you can start to automate it with an auto-responder. But I reckon you should start getting regular visitors after about a week if you focus on this, and it is important to engage with your visitors, find out what they want and respond to their enquiries.

            Best wishes
            Richard
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fingertips
    Another absolutely VITAL TIP Put your OPT-IN Form at the top of your website. This is really important. I didn't even see it the first time I visited your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LeonardTrox
      Thanks a lot, Fingertips.

      I will add opt-in in the next few days. I have one, below on the right corner - but that is not good like I want.

      I'm affiliate partner with: NBA store, footlocker and amazon and with them I can find interesting products for selling.

      On the FB, I have 918 fans and I build audience via facebook ads or via boost post.

      Yes, we have Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram, but we are not good in that - because we don't have enough time to build an audience there. However, I will try in the future to improve that segment.

      I have two problems:

      1. About email subscribers - I researched PLR but I didn't find interesting free ebooks and I don't believe in the free stuff.

      I think that maybe next one can be interesting:

      If I organize some prize games - every month I can give to my subscribers two books or something like that. Everyone who subscribes - will have chances for prizes.

      Pros: everyone likes value things and I will get subscribers.

      Cons: they will subscribe because they want books, and not because of my content on the fadeawayworld.com

      2. Landing pages

      I must learn about that tools because I need good landing pages. If anyone have some courses, just let me know. But, problems is because I can't find anything to give them (subscribers), except the quality contents.

      @ monthly traffic

      In the last month, I had about 2.5 visitors. When I post about LeBron and D. Rose, only for one day I had about 400 visitors.

      Until today, I spend 125$ on facebook ads (likes and boost).

      If anyone have any suggestion how can I improve site, please let me know.

      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winnermarketing
    I give you some simple but effective ideas:

    TRAFFIC: SEO, post on forum, or in some social pages.
    You have already social pages, you must share contents, give news and anticipations,
    share contents about other pages related with your theme.
    Maybe use a software (addmefast ....) or social ads to increase visitors:
    100$/month, yes it is enought if you know how use theme well.

    MONETIZE: Without using Adsense or other similar programs ( Juice adv, Adstract,...)
    you mus search a prtnership with som firm, but you need advertising sponsors!
    In alternative you could create your own products (in this case build mailing list)
    Signature

    Free Guide to Make Money Online [Now!]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091581].message }}

Trending Topics