You don't get the best advice from forums.

31 replies
Hello;

I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!

The message under is that .."Basically forget about whatever it is that you wanna do and do something else because IM is not for you...blogging takes too long,,,ppc is too expensive you'll lose all your cash,,,and a all other types".

There are also A LOT of discouraging information from posters who have no proven identity or success.

I actually met a local ( who is also a Warrior) in person which proudly claims he "LIKES TO TARGET NEWBIES BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even that successful! Basically all success he has is his thousands of posts in forums putting people down pretending he is a guru!

I read this several times "THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD COMPETE WITH MASTER AFFILIATES LIKE MYSELF, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST SUCCESSES LIKE ME". Dude what is your point? Are you trying to help? or feel better about yourself? If you're trying to help write something that helps OP. If you're too successful, good for you go make more.

Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
#advice #forums
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
    You obviously have no reason to know this at all. You are just guessing and sharing your own feelings in bold letters as if it's a fact.

    Doesn't this fall into the same category of bad advice/wrong thinking that you were complaining about?

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author StevieT
      Well, your advice is quite discouraging.

      I agree with you that there are people here who try to put you down and we should all ignore them because they're annoying as hell.

      However, there are members here who have tons of experience and who give great help. So just put on your bullshit detector when you're here and when it goes off, ignore it an read on to the next piece of advice ;-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033082].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Omarkenawy
        Originally Posted by StevieT View Post

        Well, your advice is quite discouraging.

        I agree with you that there are people here who try to put you down and we should all ignore them because they're annoying as hell.

        However, there are members here who have tons of experience and who give great help. So just put on your bullshit detector when you're here and when it goes off, ignore it an read on to the next piece of advice ;-)
        Hi
        Yes I`m agreeing with you. I have learned so many things here from so many helpful people. Especially on War room. It`s paid but still worthwhile.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033570].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
        Banned
        Originally Posted by StevieT View Post

        However, there are members here who have tons of experience and who give great help.
        And some that can be perceived as being discouraging, even though they ARE actually helping you. The truth can be painful.

        Cheers. - Frank
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joshyadams
    Why wouldn't a millionaire spend time on a forum?

    Everybody is different.
    Signature

    Head of Marketing at E-Liquid UK Store

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ewritezone
    There are naysayers everywhere, not just in forums. If you let them bring you down, you'll never succeed.

    When I first started out, pretty much everyone around me said making money online was ridiculous and I should concentrate on my studies.

    But I didn't, and I'm glad I stayed strong. The strong ones know that even if they are faced with millions of competitors, if they keep at it, they'll succeed at one point.

    So don't worry about people who try to put you down. There are people who say every method is either dead/very hard to succeed in. Most of the time, they are just trying to discourage future competitors, so don't take them to heart.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    My iPad has service at the beach. Sometimes I post from there.

    Have you ever tried actually partying for days, weeks, even years. Sure it's fun at first, but it certainly does get old buddy. I know....I have done more than my fair share of it. At some point you come back to reality and the real world and you enjoy interacting with people intelligently....and mostly sober usually..lol

    What you call putting people down is often times just being very realistic. I am certainly not for saying you should just do it just to be a jerk, but it also isn't helping anyone to blow smoke up their ass either and tell them what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear.

    We have a thread running right now of a guy wanting to make money on fiverr and he starts by asking hw to do it because he has no skills. I didn't post in that thread, but are we being mean to say that a person with no skills should first learn a marketable skill before they try to ask people to give them money? That's just being realistic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    In a glass half full world there is also a lot on here that HELPS newbies.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      You often get back what you put into forum. - have you considered that?

      At this time you've been a member less than 2 months - you have 177 or so posts. That would indicate 'participation' - right?

      Except - you have started 75 or so new threads asking questions and most of your posts are in your own threads.

      Not saying there's anything wrong with that - but it is an insular way to participate in a forum. And....you get back what you put in.

      This is at least the second thread you've started to complain about members here - yet people have answered your "all about me" often repetitive questions day after day. I expect answers from some of us won't be a problem for you after this thread.
      Signature
      Be the person your dog thinks you are.

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033264].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kk075
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        You often get back what you put into forum. - have you considered that?

        At this time you've been a member less than 2 months - you have 177 or so posts. That would indicate 'participation' - right?

        Except - you have started 75 or so new threads asking questions and most of your posts are in your own threads.

        Not saying there's anything wrong with that - but it is an insular way to participate in a forum. And....you get back what you put in.

        This is at least the second thread you've started to complain about members here - yet people have answered your "all about me" often repetitive questions day after day. I expect answers from some of us won't be a problem for you after this thread.
        Kay is 100% right on so many levels. I am also a "noob" here and I have zero experience with making affiliate commissions through selling products, but I also have a solid knowledge of SEO, email marketing and many of the other traits that go into making money online.

        And as soon as I started answering other people's questions with actionable advice, you wouldn't believe that outreach that followed. Referrals to my website, job offers, partnership offers, etc...all because most people appreciate those who are willing to help without any strings attached. I am actually working with 5-6 members here on a daily basis now because we had similar interests and we're making things happen together...and these were complete strangers only a few weeks ago.

        So don't be so quick to judge others who don't rush to your side to help. Maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

        What you call putting people down is often times just being very realistic. I am certainly not for saying you should just do it just to be a jerk, but it also isn't helping anyone to blow smoke up their ass either and tell them what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear.
        At the same time, however, David is even more correct...I didn't participate in the Fiverr thread either because that person didn't sound serious. And I learned very quickly that no amount of advice on Earth is worth giving if the person receiving it is not ready to get to work.

        So here's the best advice that I can possibly give you- stop asking general questions, look at what people have been kind enough to give you so far, and get your butt to work. Do everything you can and then come back with specific questions that you're stuck on, and you'll be amazed at how many awesome answers you'll receive within a matter of hours.

        Just expecting handouts with never giving anything back in return doesn't work though, so reward good answers with giving respect. If you can't even bother to hit a "Thanks" button or respond personally to people taking the time out of their busy day to help you, then who is the real problem here bringing the forum down- you or them?

        Just something to think about.
        Signature

        Learn to sell like a pro through Web Synergy's marketing blog.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
    Your idea is flawed.

    1. Figure out what evergreen niche means.
    2. Everyone doesn't live like your idea (party, beach, etc...). The beach gets boring after a while & I never cared about parties.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author momentum909
    true...i wouldn't take peoples advice you are not sure of seriously. But it goes for the same in the real world.
    Don't go into a bar and ask about business..etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hello;

    I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!
    I find a common theme in this forum lately are people like you... You complain that nobody helps you when in fact people have gone out of their way to help you, even though you are repetitive and sophomoric at times...

    Like many here you have your head in the clouds and an air of entitlement about you, you want to be Mollycoddled and reassured that you will make it big online one day. Well guess what, the odds are against you and anyone who shares a dose of reality is negative, unhelpful, uncaring and borish.
    Well life is unfair and if you want to survive you have to learn to deal with adversity...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hello;

    I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!

    The message under is that .."Basically forget about whatever it is that you wanna do and do something else because IM is not for you...blogging takes too long,,,ppc is too expensive you'll lose all your cash,,,and a all other types".
    I think you are confusing getting a dose of realism with being insulting.

    I have seen your constant Posting and starting new threads. You seem to go on and on and on.

    Many people have giving you good advice.

    I think the problem is they are saying things you DO NOT want to hear !

    All these models you list here are definitely viable ways to make money on the Internet.

    And many people here have success with them.

    But it does take work and commitment.

    I sometimes think people come on here just to hear themselves talk and want positive reinforcement on what they want to hear.

    When they do not get it they want to call people "coming down hard on them " or being "mean and insulting"

    But is it really just experienced people being honest with you


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033584].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zodiax
      People become jealous and envious when they see a new person trying to become successful in affiliate marketing.
      Signature

      'I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
      -Muhammad Ali

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Booneway
    Just because they tell you all the bad things your doing does not mean they are putting you down. I asked for help, I got a whole lot of people telling me my content was boring and dull.
    It was discouraging. But you know, they took the time to look at my site and give their opinion. Maybe my content is dull, and they are just saying what other people will if they go to my site. Giving me a chance to fix it before it sinks my blog entirely.

    Criticism is how you learn to fix things. Yes some people will just be mean about it. But don't stick that on everyone who says you need to fix stuff.

    ~Boone
    Signature

    Hey there! My name is Boone!
    I am a young entrepreneur working to be financially free. Feel free to join my journey at Booneway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    The common theme towards newbies is probably from experience and having the same questions asked on almost a daily basis. Blogging does take alot of time to succeed and you should be willing to invest at least a couple years into a niche if you ever want to make it a full time income. PPC is expensive and even if you are using CPA to make money, you are going to need a few hundred dollars to get a positive ROI. These methods do work but they are not something that you should expect to pay off all of your bills quickly. Forums are a good way to connect with people that have already been through these "trials" and can give you some decent traffic, but making them successful is up to you
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    In response to your title of the thread...

    Were you really expecting to get the 'best' info here?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Actually, I agree with your thread title. You don't always get the best advice from forums.
      • But you do get the best advice for the money (you must admit) ...Sometimes a lot more!
      • You get the best advice in relation to the quality of question you ask. (the more specific the question the more specific the answer).
      • You get the best advice if you know who to listen to, who to double-check, and who to ignore (learn how to separate the meat from the bones).
      • You shouldn't "always expect" to get the entire answer tied with a blue ribbon - but be willing to follow the direction, hint or hunch you're pointed in and do your own research (work) and come to your own conclusion!
      Even if you believe everything you said, you at least have a Free Look at "What Not To Do" ...if you want to succeed. That in itself could save you time, money and stress, and maybe even entertain you! That's still Win-Win!
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10033933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlwaysTheBest
    No, you certainly don't. Too much misinformation around.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    Thanks for the great post.

    If anything, newbies should be MOTIVATED by the NEGATIVE posts from HATERS.

    Why?

    Newbies should strive for success because PROVING HATERS WRONG feels soooo good.

    Success is a mindset.

    Start adopting the right mindset today!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034100].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by icoachu View Post

      Thanks for the great post.

      If anything, newbies should be MOTIVATED by the NEGATIVE posts from HATERS.

      Why?

      Newbies should strive for success because PROVING HATERS WRONG feels soooo good.

      Success is a mindset.

      Start adopting the right mindset today!
      Labeling negative posts as 'hateful' is a bit hateful in its own right. I can be very negative when I'm being brutally honest. That said, I don't 'hate' anyone. There is nothing to say that making what is perceived as a negative post can't have positive results. I guess it all depends on your level of maturity, self-confidence and what you are actually trying to get out of posing a question.

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hello;

    I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!

    The message under is that .."Basically forget about whatever it is that you wanna do and do something else because IM is not for you...blogging takes too long,,,ppc is too expensive you'll lose all your cash,,,and a all other types".

    There are also A LOT of discouraging information from posters who have no proven identity or success.

    I actually met a local ( who is also a Warrior) in person which proudly claims he "LIKES TO TARGET NEWBIES BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even that successful! Basically all success he has is his thousands of posts in forums putting people down pretending he is a guru!

    I read this several times "THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD COMPETE WITH MASTER AFFILIATES LIKE MYSELF, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST SUCCESSES LIKE ME". Dude what is your point? Are you trying to help? or feel better about yourself? If you're trying to help write something that helps OP. If you're too successful, good for you go make more.

    Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
    I don't really think this is true.

    I've been seeing a fair bit of threads recently of people asking questions that have been asked several times and answered, all the poster had to do was search, and they got a little flaq but the people still educated them on the search feature

    Why would you assume if someone is making millions they are somewhere partying?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Gordon
    A rose is a rose by any other name.

    And 99% of all new IM ventures are a big steaming pile of dung, no matter what anyone here says.

    Success in business is a journey. Usually a long one.

    Disappointment and criticism are vital ingredients to improvement. And learning to accept criticism is a vital personal development skill.

    Dishonesty to spare the feelings of people failing at business does nobody any favors.

    I would like to see more people who do offer serious advice stop hiding behind a screen name. That would help build some credibility.

    Beyond that, newbies who get offended that they can't get enough free help here need to grow up. In business, as in life, there are very few handouts. You have to learn your lessons and apply them to move forward. Blaming the messenger for saying things you don't want to hear is a pretty good indicator to me that you are not cut out for business and are very likely doomed to fail at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eagle07
      Originally Posted by Jack Gordon View Post

      A rose is a rose by any other name.

      And 99% of all new IM ventures are a big steaming pile of dung, no matter what anyone here says.

      Success in business is a journey. Usually a long one.

      Disappointment and criticism are vital ingredients to improvement. And learning to accept criticism is a vital personal development skill.

      Dishonesty to spare the feelings of people failing at business does nobody any favors.

      I would like to see more people who do offer serious advice stop hiding behind a screen name. That would help build some credibility.

      Beyond that, newbies who get offended that they can't get enough free help here need to grow up. In business, as in life, there are very few handouts. You have to learn your lessons and apply them to move forward. Blaming the messenger for saying things you don't want to hear is a pretty good indicator to me that you are not cut out for business and are very likely doomed to fail at it
      .
      I second the motion to this post and I would like to quote this post for emphasis. Well said.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greaney
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
    One net marketer I personally know and trust spends quite a bit of time in this forum and also the MMG forum. He has shared that he earns roughly 25% of his overall income through private message correspondence in each forum. He spends a couple hours each day in forums, striving to give and take quality information in the main threads, and then apparently if all goes well, he personally closes sales through private message.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SMworkcafe
    I disagree!

    I joined Warrior Forum year ago but never really came back to see how other marketer's were doing stuff that generated good online income. I didn't understand IM at that point of time. Even the idea made my stomach growl.

    When I started to read some IM marketing material online, I just signed in again and started 'searching' old posts and advices and believe me it changed my life by flipping it over 360 degrees!

    I want to thank every one out here but I think it is considered weird by other posters.. lol!! So correct me if I'm wrong

    These people out here are not your free online business consultants. They are simple people like us who share wisdom and stuff which actually worked for them.

    If you really want to find more help, I guess you should be subscribing to the 'War Room'.

    I haven't subscribed to it BECAUSE I feel there's so much out here and it's ENOUGH to put your feet on the ground. Showing gratitude and being thankful are some of the simple things in life which can only do good to you and will never disappoint you.

    I would go all the way and write a free article for someone who has given time to help me in my business or just plainly given advice which really made me think out-of-the-box. Have you even considered such a thing for someone?
    Signature

    Cheers!

    - Sana.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author teamversion
    Some are just common sense. If you ask what's the best niche to work on professional IM will not tell you in this forum cause it will bring more competition. They will come up with a standard reply - start with the dating niche first which is quite saturated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034593].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SMworkcafe
      Originally Posted by teamversion View Post

      Some are just common sense. If you ask what's the best niche to work on professional IM will not tell you in this forum cause it will bring more competition. They will come up with a standard reply - start with the dating niche first which is quite saturated.
      What are you talking about?

      I think you have missed this post: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...de-newbie.html

      If people learn how to use the 'search' tab present in the index bar, they would not be complaining any more.
      Signature

      Cheers!

      - Sana.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hello;

    I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!

    The message under is that .."Basically forget about whatever it is that you wanna do and do something else because IM is not for you...blogging takes too long,,,ppc is too expensive you'll lose all your cash,,,and a all other types".

    There are also A LOT of discouraging information from posters who have no proven identity or success.

    I actually met a local ( who is also a Warrior) in person which proudly claims he "LIKES TO TARGET NEWBIES BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even that successful! Basically all success he has is his thousands of posts in forums putting people down pretending he is a guru!

    I read this several times "THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD COMPETE WITH MASTER AFFILIATES LIKE MYSELF, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST SUCCESSES LIKE ME". Dude what is your point? Are you trying to help? or feel better about yourself? If you're trying to help write something that helps OP. If you're too successful, good for you go make more.

    Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.
    if you are regular ...
    will know " a set of standards words of wisdom "

    Focus , Focus ,
    never give up ,

    etc

    I still searching and finding those ( willing openly want to share )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aby2maria
    Originally Posted by behnampmdg3 View Post

    Hello;

    I find a common theme in this forum which targets newbies and in a way discourages the less experienced!

    The message under is that .."Basically forget about whatever it is that you wanna do and do something else because IM is not for you...blogging takes too long,,,ppc is too expensive you'll lose all your cash,,,and a all other types".

    There are also A LOT of discouraging information from posters who have no proven identity or success.

    I actually met a local ( who is also a Warrior) in person which proudly claims he "LIKES TO TARGET NEWBIES BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD TO PUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even that successful! Basically all success he has is his thousands of posts in forums putting people down pretending he is a guru!

    I read this several times "THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD COMPETE WITH MASTER AFFILIATES LIKE MYSELF, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST SUCCESSES LIKE ME". Dude what is your point? Are you trying to help? or feel better about yourself? If you're trying to help write something that helps OP. If you're too successful, good for you go make more.

    Long story short...don't get disappointed by what you hear. If someone is actually successful making millions, they dont waste their time in forums...they either at the beach somewhere partying or makin products that make the world a better place.

    I thought the same when I started. And you are nearly correct. Just understand that no one wants to come to your home and feed you money .. everyone try to take your money instead of giving you. They need to make newbies uncomfortable to make sales .. thus they never stay humble
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10034661].message }}

Trending Topics