My first inofrmation product launch was a historical failure. What would you do if you were me?

by BlueHulk Banned
25 replies
Hello internet marketers;

This is my first post in this forum. I read some posts. I am glad to be a member of a cool community. I have come across a situation which I'd like to get some advice if possible.

My background (skip if you don't need to know)


For past 5 years I had 2 jobs. I make half of my income from doing large php projects (work as senior programmer) and make my other half from doing private coaching. By coaching I mean dating. My income is ok but I am not happy doing what I do. Specially programming is very draining.

A few months a go I met a guy who sells cat food products on line. He told me all about IM and how he has been making loads of money from home within past 9 years. He introduced me to Click Bank, Eben Pagan and a few other cool things.

I thought since I have already some good knowledge (because I have recurring customers), maybe I make my own information product and sell it. The the guy gave me a video course called Guru Blueprint by Eben and he teaches how to turn your knowledge to information product. I loved it. And without doing much marketing I made a 12 hour video course for relationship advice. Man it was a lot of work.

3 weeks ago I found about about Fran Kern, landing pages and the community. I still am a newbie and I know I have a very very long way to go but I am currently in a situation which I believe many of you have been before. So I request your help.

================================================== ======
My situation

So I have this relationship video course for guys which I deliver on a membership website (and the payments are connected to Click Bank).

I followed one of Kern's models. Get member's to option in return for a free offer, get their email, keep sending them great material and at the end of each video leave 10% for pitch.

So I did that. I made a landing page and since I do php I dont need to use wordpress or Awebwer, I set all of that up and made a simple funnel. A classic one. I decided to test Bing before anything else.

I ran $100 worth of ads on Bing in 7 days (coupon). Unfortunately I received a very bad results. On Monday my Facebook campaign starts to run. I have signed up for 5 hour training from Facebook themselves ( I committed to $25 a day for 30 days).

Bing statistics:
2000 impressions
100 clicks
4% optin rate
88% bounce rate (12 seconds avg on page)
and 98% of clicks are only on 1 keyword.

================================================== ======

My questions:

Now I am thinking of waiting and seeing what type of optin rate I'll get from Facebook because to be honest the traffic that I get from Bing is very questionable. You might ask why? Well because I have set my demographic to only male but 45% of traffic they have sent me is female! I assume I won't have that issue with Facebook.

I understand that we all have to fail before win and that is why I am asking for advice.

1 - From here what would you do if you were in my situation?


2 - I have been slowly slowly converting my videos to written blog for CEO. Would it be wise to invest that time learning about marketing or is it a good long term investment to spend a couple hours a day to blog?

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

B
#failure #historical #inofrmation #launch #product
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Roy
    You need to test. At the end of the day your conversion rates have pretty much nothing to do with your product and everything to do with your copy.

    For example, with an average of 12 seconds on page, I would try a new headline first and see what happens... Then work on the bullets, then the CTA, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author heruma
    Congratulation on creating your digital product.

    You need more data to analyze your bing ads. Is the statistic from the 7 days ads?

    I am assuming you are sending your traffic to your opt-in page.
    100 clicks result from 200 impression is not bad.
    12 sec spend on your opt-in page, that depends on how long is your opt-in page, do they see what they want or promised on the ads?
    4% opt-in rate is very expensive (about $25 per opt-in if you are using your money instead of coupon).
    Little time spend on you page could mean traffic coming to your site is not your target market or your sales letter sucks (forgive my language).

    If you want to have success in using Ads to drive traffic, you have to do a lot of test until you find one good campaign or usually called winning campaign,
    Test your ads.
    Test your Opt-In Page (Wording, Color, Gift, and so on).
    Test your demographic.

    Alternative ways to build your list.
    Solo Ads.
    Active in Online Dating Forum.

    Do you offer affiliate program for your product?
    There are a lot of people doing affiliate marketing in the Relationship niche.
    You should concentrate on building your courses and let affiliate do your selling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
      Banned
      Originally Posted by heruma View Post

      Do you offer affiliate program for your product?
      There are a lot of people doing affiliate marketing in the Relationship niche.
      You should concentrate on building your courses and let affiliate do your selling.
      Would you please name a face places I could explore? I assume first thing I need to do is to make an affiliate page for my product in Click Bank.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10044941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrFume
    What about this product of yours, how much research did you do to determine what form it should take, what demand there is for the type of 'advice' you are giving?
    I ask this because dating advice for men often is more successfully delivered by a female, they are more 'open' to listening - a man delivering dating advice is psychologically a competitor - you know, someone they feel resistance and envy with. I can see you are smart, and put some thought into your project, but the details can make a big difference. If the product is not appealing to males, you will have a hard time selling it - does not matter how well planned the marketing is.
    A lot of product creators make the mistake of building the product and then trying to make it 'fit' the market, should be the other way round. That is my take on it.
    Signature

    The whole basis of what we do as human beings is based on Communication, nothing would be possible otherwise. I work with communication, publishing on the Web, digital media.
    Digital Media for a Noisy World

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Hard to judge given your segmentation in Bing was minimal and as you say, didn't even seem to work.

    I would certainly give FB ads a try, segmenting the leads and watching conversions at each stage very closely.

    Have you tried any other traffic sources?

    I would also try blogging to get some traffic around your topic and approach some potential affiliates to do some test runs against your product (even giving them very high commissions in the beginning to run the tests for you - say 80-100% until you get a few hundred visitors from that affiliate)

    You want to get traffic from a few sources to the tune of 300-500 visitors to guage the results of your opt-in and conversion of your funnel.

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10037118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kk075
    First off, that was a very well written, nicely thought out post. That's a great way to get legitimate help here from some very talented folks. I am also jealous...I wish I would have chosen the username "Blue Hulk" and had that cool avatar...so you're two for two in my book.

    Now, for direct feedback- you've already been given a lot of good info so I'll be brief. We don't have enough to determine where your main issue is- it could be in how you wrote the ad, it could be the landing page, it could be your call to action....see where I'm going with this? We can't point a finger off what you shared so far and say, "That's definitely the reason you did poorly."
    Signature

    Learn to sell like a pro through Web Synergy's marketing blog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10037476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
      Banned
      Hello friends;

      Thank you for your replies. Very good points. Please let me answer the questions you asked.

      About the product, the research and why I created it:

      Before I created this product, I bought a couple similar ones from Click Bank. One of these products is called text your Ex back by Michael Fiore AKA Chris Haddad from MoneyFingers (Chris Haddad).

      I notices that under his product page he received about 1000 new comments in couple days. Now considering some users don’t post comments, I assume the product does pretty good. I followed his videos and I see he says he is making something around 1 million dollar from that product. So I believe there is a great market for this. Our products are a bit different. My product is not unisex like his. I assume there is pros and cons to this as well. And also my product covers things that his doesn’t. It may not matter that much but I am confident about the product and the market for it.

      ================================================== =========

      "You should concentrate on building your courses and let affiliate do your selling."

      I would love to do that and I might add that:
      Short term I have no problems giving 100% to affiliates.
      Long term I would happily page 80% - 90% to affiliates who send me customers. It would be stupid not too! Because without that affiliate I wouldn’t have that source (or am I wrong)?

      My concerns:
      1 - For testing: I believe affiliates with good traffic wouldn’t send traffic to an opt in page. They prefer pitch page I assume.
      2 - For pitch page: Why would an affiliate help a newbie with a "non tested" page/product?
      3 - How should my sales letter be for a page that I give to affiliates? I assume they have told about the customer about the product previously so that would change the sales letter a bit wouldn't it?

      ================================================== =========

      About testing:

      I understand I need to test. I agree with you completely. Because of that I have set up an “Experiment” on Google Analytics and spread the traffic among 4 different opt in pages. But I tell you about my concerns with testing:

      1 - Traffic source limitations. Facebook and Google don’t like opt in pages. I wouldn’t be able to test an option page. That leaves me with 2 optins for testing my opt in page. Bing and affiliates which I explain below.

      2 - Cost. I have 4 completely different opt in pages. 1 with video, 1 without and 2 other completely different styles. I got the templates ideas from Frank Kern, Eben, a guy name Ryan D from digitalmarketer website and Chris Haddad's website. Of course responsive design.

      Since I haven’t tested any of the variations I will have to test these. I assume I need a lot more than 100 clicks per landing page to tell if it is gonna fly or not. This means I could spend thousands of dollars testing only opt in page. Unless I am missing something.

      Please let me know what am I missing.

      ================================================== =========

      About solo Ads

      I am not sure what you mean. I had a look at Solo Ad Advertising Solo Ads. In your experience, how should I compare that to ppc?

      ================================================== =========

      My questions:

      1 - I have never approached affiliates. I assume they live in Click Bank cave. What would be my first step in order to approach them? Should I just do it via Click Bank?

      2 - About my message to affiliates: Would this be a good idea to record a video and a page for affiliates and mention I am testing this product, I want to build a long term relationship with affiliates, so please send me some traffic?

      3 - Is there anything else I need to know about affiliates?

      4 - I wanna ask this again since this is crucial for me to understand:
      Why would an affiliate help a newbie with a "non tested" page/product?

      Cheers and have a great day.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10037678].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author behnampmdg3
        I'm in similar situation. Bing didn't really work out for me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10039191].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Write Now
        Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

        Hello friends;

        Thank you for your replies. Very good points. Please let me answer the questions you asked.

        About the product, the research and why I created it:

        Before I created this product, I bought a couple similar ones from Click Bank. One of these products is called text your Ex back by Michael Fiore AKA Chris Haddad from MoneyFingers (Chris Haddad).

        I notices that under his product page he received about 1000 new comments in couple days. Now considering some users don't post comments, I assume the product does pretty good. I followed his videos and I see he says he is making something around 1 million dollar from that product. So I believe there is a great market for this. Our products are a bit different. My product is not unisex like his. I assume there is pros and cons to this as well. And also my product covers things that his doesn't. It may not matter that much but I am confident about the product and the market for it.

        ================================================== =========

        "You should concentrate on building your courses and let affiliate do your selling."

        I would love to do that and I might add that:
        Short term I have no problems giving 100% to affiliates.
        Long term I would happily page 80% - 90% to affiliates who send me customers. It would be stupid not too! Because without that affiliate I wouldn't have that source (or am I wrong)?

        My concerns:
        1 - For testing: I believe affiliates with good traffic wouldn't send traffic to an opt in page. They prefer pitch page I assume.
        2 - For pitch page: Why would an affiliate help a newbie with a "non tested" page/product?
        3 - How should my sales letter be for a page that I give to affiliates? I assume they have told about the customer about the product previously so that would change the sales letter a bit wouldn't it?

        ================================================== =========

        About testing:

        I understand I need to test. I agree with you completely. Because of that I have set up an "Experiment" on Google Analytics and spread the traffic among 4 different opt in pages. But I tell you about my concerns with testing:

        1 - Traffic source limitations. Facebook and Google don't like opt in pages. I wouldn't be able to test an option page. That leaves me with 2 optins for testing my opt in page. Bing and affiliates which I explain below.

        2 - Cost. I have 4 completely different opt in pages. 1 with video, 1 without and 2 other completely different styles. I got the templates ideas from Frank Kern, Eben, a guy name Ryan D from digitalmarketer website and Chris Haddad's website. Of course responsive design.

        Since I haven't tested any of the variations I will have to test these. I assume I need a lot more than 100 clicks per landing page to tell if it is gonna fly or not. This means I could spend thousands of dollars testing only opt in page. Unless I am missing something.

        Please let me know what am I missing.

        ================================================== =========

        About solo Ads

        I am not sure what you mean. I had a look at Solo Ad Advertising Solo Ads. In your experience, how should I compare that to ppc?

        ================================================== =========

        My questions:

        1 - I have never approached affiliates. I assume they live in Click Bank cave. What would be my first step in order to approach them? Should I just do it via Click Bank?

        2 - About my message to affiliates: Would this be a good idea to record a video and a page for affiliates and mention I am testing this product, I want to build a long term relationship with affiliates, so please send me some traffic?

        3 - Is there anything else I need to know about affiliates?

        4 - I wanna ask this again since this is crucial for me to understand:
        Why would an affiliate help a newbie with a "non tested" page/product?

        Cheers and have a great day.
        Blue Hulk is a BOSS. Great answer.

        Additionally, I used to operate with a partner in the exact same niche. He would drive traffic from Plenty of Fish. They were warm leads and the ad targeting on POF is incredible.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041470].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Write Now View Post

          He would drive traffic from Plenty of Fish. They were warm leads and the ad targeting on POF is incredible.
          Hello;

          Thank you my friend. Unfortunately POF do not accept advertisers for now.

          IMPORTANT NOTICE Due to overwhelming demand we have taken the business decision to temporarily close registration for new advertisers as we optimize our site.
          We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
          I approached another relatively large dating company, they ask for 5K for 30 days. I don't believe I am experienced enough to spend that much yet. I haven't had the opportunity to test my pages yet.
          Risking 5k wouldn't be very wise at this point

          Cheers
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041646].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Write Now
            Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

            Hello;

            Thank you my friend. Unfortunately POF do not accept advertisers for now.

            I approached another relatively large dating company, they ask for 5K for 30 days. I don't believe I am experienced enough to spend that much yet. I haven't had the opportunity to test my pages yet.
            Risking 5k wouldn't be very wise at this point

            Cheers
            Oh my goodness, you're right. I used them a few months ago and did notice that the competition was significantly higher, but I've never heard of them actually cutting off people from signing up.

            As for your second part, try to find a media company that doesn't require a lofty minimum. Most will ask for at least $1,000 before they will even consider you, but there are some out there that will do it for far cheaper.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author benjamenjuan
    Hey!

    my first product sucked. then I learned from it, and did it again. That product actually made a little money over the long run and in fact still get sales for it, and I built a starter size list to play around with.

    Then I reached out to other people, found someone with a following to launch a product and there it was, beautiful paypal notifications coming in like crazy.

    Don't give up, and make sure your product is super high quality and your funnel is on point. GET AFFILIATES.

    have a good one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10039429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
      Banned
      Originally Posted by benjamenjuan View Post

      Hey!

      my first product sucked. then I learned from it, and did it again. That product actually made a little money over the long run and in fact still get sales for it, and I built a starter size list to play around with.

      Then I reached out to other people, found someone with a following to launch a product and there it was, beautiful paypal notifications coming in like crazy.

      Don't give up, and make sure your product is super high quality and your funnel is on point. GET AFFILIATES.

      have a good one
      Hello benjamenjuan

      Thank you for your reply. I cannot find the "Thank you" button to push it. Maybe because I am a new member.

      Anyways I appreciate if you answer any of these below:

      1 - Why would an affiliate accept a none tested product? I mentioned I am happy to pay even 95% to start with but I am not sure why they would help.

      2 - What is the best way to approach affiliates in Click Bank when I have no reputation?

      3 - I decided to do some research and all I read is "Test, make sure you convert, then approach affiliates" but how can I do that when I don't have any traffic? Affiliates prefer pitch page I assume and not an opt in page. I need a lot of traffic to test that

      hey thank you again and good night,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10039874].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author benjamenjuan
        Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

        Hello benjamenjuan

        Thank you for your reply. I cannot find the "Thank you" button to push it. Maybe because I am a new member.

        Anyways I appreciate if you answer any of these below:

        1 - Why would an affiliate accept a none tested product? I mentioned I am happy to pay even 95% to start with but I am not sure why they would help.

        2 - What is the best way to approach affiliates in Click Bank when I have no reputation?

        3 - I decided to do some research and all I read is "Test, make sure you convert, then approach affiliates" but how can I do that when I don't have any traffic? Affiliates prefer pitch page I assume and not an opt in page. I need a lot of traffic to test that

        hey thank you again and good night,
        1 - Why would an affiliate accept a none tested product? I mentioned I am happy to pay even 95% to start with but I am not sure why they would help.

        Well, you should test your product but frankly you should be confident that your product is super high quality and that the funnel and sales page is on point, like a professional business would.

        also, the world is pretty big so don't be worried about giving away copies of your product for reviews, since those are important for the sales page and that will help you find affiliates

        you should also have some affiliate training, swipes and resources for affiliates. and yes even 100% commission looks awesome, the buyers are worth it.

        2 - What is the best way to approach affiliates in Click Bank when I have no reputation?

        get reviews first or give them the product and ask if they would be so kind as to give you a short review. think about conducting online business like you would in person. if you want to hire a salesman, go over to them and talk to them about whether they would be interested in selling your product.

        Also, look for affiliates everywhere and consider creating a plan to leverage all the traffic sources you can compile to get exposure to affiliates.

        Network with people who are affiliates, or who have affiliates.

        3 - I decided to do some research and all I read is "Test, make sure you convert, then approach affiliates" but how can I do that when I don't have any traffic? Affiliates prefer pitch page I assume and not an opt in page. I need a lot of traffic to test that

        well traffic generation is like the hidden mystery of digital marketing and it sounds like that's the root of the issue. You have to have some kind of plan to get traffic from each traffic source, even if that plan is to just reach out to people via direct message.

        Once your funnel is complete, you can pay for some traffic and test conversions because you're right, affiliates will want to know how it converts and you better make sure it does, unless you want to look silly.

        focus on high quality all around the board from your product to your connections.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
      Banned
      Originally Posted by benjamenjuan View Post

      Then I reached out to other people, found someone with a following to launch a product and there it was
      How did you found that special someone?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041454].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author benjamenjuan
        Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

        How did you found that special someone?
        Facebook, but I meet people all the time through instagram, twitter, youtube, I mean everywhere. That's what I'm saying, learn how to use the popular platforms especially the ones that would be best for you're business.

        here's some obvious examples:
        if you're a photographer, use instagram
        if you're a musician, use soundcloud
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Med Man
    I think a good way for you to test your product would be:

    1 create a squeeze page with a free gift. You might for example give the first 2 videos of your 12 video product for free in exchange for visitors giving you their email address. You can call it for example "2 Secrets to get the woman of your dreams", or sth like that. This way the freebie and the paid product are directly related, hopefully will convert better
    2 when they optin, they arrive to your sales page you created, where you tell them for example "If you want to supercharge your success, get these additional 10 videos for a one time discount at 17$" for example
    3 buy a solo ad from a site in your niche, meaning pay them to send an email you write to their list and link to your squeeze page. Be careful with who you buy from. 2-300 clicks i guess would be enough to test your offer.
    4 this is warmer traffic, and hopefully will convert better.
    5 then you can start approaching affiliates by telling them "Look i tested my product and it's converted at 10%", for example. If you give them 100% commission with this conversion rate they would likely be interested. They would send traffic to your sales page. Then you can monetize traffic they send you by email follow up, there are loads of guy dating products on clickbank from chris haddad and mark ling

    Hope this helps a bit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10039989].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BlueHulk
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Med Man View Post

      I think a good way for you to test your product would be:

      1 create a squeeze page with a free gift. You might for example give the first 2 videos of your 12 video product for free in exchange for visitors giving you their email address. You can call it for example "2 Secrets to get the woman of your dreams", or sth like that. This way the freebie and the paid product are directly related, hopefully will convert better
      2 when they optin, they arrive to your sales page you created, where you tell them for example "If you want to supercharge your success, get these additional 10 videos for a one time discount at 17$" for example
      3 buy a solo ad from a site in your niche, meaning pay them to send an email you write to their list and link to your squeeze page. Be careful with who you buy from. 2-300 clicks i guess would be enough to test your offer.
      4 this is warmer traffic, and hopefully will convert better.
      5 then you can start approaching affiliates by telling them "Look i tested my product and it's converted at 10%", for example. If you give them 100% commission with this conversion rate they would likely be interested. They would send traffic to your sales page. Then you can monetize traffic they send you by email follow up, there are loads of guy dating products on clickbank from chris haddad and mark ling

      Hope this helps a bit.
      This is a very helpful reply! What I currently do is a bit different. They opt then I release 1 video a day for 10 days. I like to try your approach.

      I am making this for the weekend and start testing it on Tuesday.

      Chris Haddad is a bad ass marketer. I have learned a lot from him.
      Originally Posted by Med Man View Post

      5 then you can start approaching affiliates
      I assume there is a culture for that. I just wonder how you mean. Doing it directly via Click Bank? Or contact them via email? Or is there a specific community you are talking about? I know C Haddad has a marketing company money fingers. Would it be the right approach to contact an affiliate like that? I am trying to learn the culture

      Thank again
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10044950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    What I found is that most people are HOT when they reach you website and most of them will buy from you right after they opt in. So currently what I suggest you try out is to send your visitors to your home page where you can talk a little about you and your offer and then send them DIRECTLY to your offer without trying to get their email address.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10040074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

    2 - I have been slowly slowly converting my videos to written blog for CEO. Would it be wise to invest that time learning about marketing or is it a good long term investment to spend a couple hours a day to blog?

    Thank you so much for your suggestion.

    B
    You mean SEO, right ?

    Anyway, absolutely do some blogging here. It can only help. Doing a couple of hours a day or even every other day can have some positive effects on your business.

    And why not learn more and more about Marketing while at the same time continue the blogging ??


    - Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10040096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      For a product like that, grab yourself a copy of "Launch" by Jeff Walker (Product Launch Formula).

      There's enough meat in the book to get you set up for a proper product launch. Use the pre-launch content to build your list, then launch to them. One or two of these internal launches should give you the ammo to recruit affiliates for a big launch.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10040339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    4 subscribes out of 100 clicks isn't very good. Do you have a squeeze page? Do you have a site we can look at? 4% conversion rate on opt-ins to your squeeze page needs to be improved. If 98% of the clicks is on 1 keyword, then i'm guessing that you're using "broad match" on that 1 particular keyword. I personally think you should set it to "exact match", and increase the price of each click - in order to get the best leads for your product as possible. Hopefully the cost of your video course can make up this deficit easily.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10040797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GratefulDad
    Welcome BlueHulk! I suggest that you work on the page where you've got an 88% bounce rate and the average time on the page is 12 seconds. Something about that web page is not good or people would stay there longer. Once you figure out what thing or things aren't working for people on that page you'll be a step closer to getting some sales!!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eWebCraft
    Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

    Hello internet marketers;

    This is my first post in this forum. I read some posts. I am glad to be a member of a cool community. I have come across a situation which I'd like to get some advice if possible.

    My background (skip if you don't need to know)


    For past 5 years I had 2 jobs. I make half of my income from doing large php projects (work as senior programmer) and make my other half from doing private coaching. By coaching I mean dating. My income is ok but I am not happy doing what I do. Specially programming is very draining.

    A few months a go I met a guy who sells cat food products on line. He told me all about IM and how he has been making loads of money from home within past 9 years. He introduced me to Click Bank, Eben Pagan and a few other cool things.

    I thought since I have already some good knowledge (because I have recurring customers), maybe I make my own information product and sell it. The the guy gave me a video course called Guru Blueprint by Eben and he teaches how to turn your knowledge to information product. I loved it. And without doing much marketing I made a 12 hour video course for relationship advice. Man it was a lot of work.

    3 weeks ago I found about about Fran Kern, landing pages and the community. I still am a newbie and I know I have a very very long way to go but I am currently in a situation which I believe many of you have been before. So I request your help.

    ================================================== ======
    My situation

    So I have this relationship video course for guys which I deliver on a membership website (and the payments are connected to Click Bank).

    I followed one of Kern's models. Get member's to option in return for a free offer, get their email, keep sending them great material and at the end of each video leave 10% for pitch.

    So I did that. I made a landing page and since I do php I dont need to use wordpress or Awebwer, I set all of that up and made a simple funnel. A classic one. I decided to test Bing before anything else.

    I ran $100 worth of ads on Bing in 7 days (coupon). Unfortunately I received a very bad results. On Monday my Facebook campaign starts to run. I have signed up for 5 hour training from Facebook themselves ( I committed to $25 a day for 30 days).

    Bing statistics:
    2000 impressions
    100 clicks
    4% optin rate
    88% bounce rate (12 seconds avg on page)
    and 98% of clicks are only on 1 keyword.

    ================================================== ======

    My questions:

    Now I am thinking of waiting and seeing what type of optin rate I'll get from Facebook because to be honest the traffic that I get from Bing is very questionable. You might ask why? Well because I have set my demographic to only male but 45% of traffic they have sent me is female! I assume I won't have that issue with Facebook.

    I understand that we all have to fail before win and that is why I am asking for advice.

    1 - From here what would you do if you were in my situation?


    2 - I have been slowly slowly converting my videos to written blog for CEO. Would it be wise to invest that time learning about marketing or is it a good long term investment to spend a couple hours a day to blog?

    Thank you so much for your suggestion.

    B
    I think you should also try to create another video landing page, I know Olanding.com from where you can find high lead generating Landing Pages. You can try one of them to generate high leads.
    Signature

    Best Regards, Sagheer ud Din
    din@ewebcraft.com
    http://ewebcraft.com
    Skype: ewebcraft

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10046548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TestimonialTrade
    Originally Posted by BlueHulk View Post

    Hello internet marketers;

    This is my first post in this forum. I read some posts. I am glad to be a member of a cool community. I have come across a situation which I'd like to get some advice if possible.

    My background (skip if you don't need to know)


    For past 5 years I had 2 jobs. I make half of my income from doing large php projects (work as senior programmer) and make my other half from doing private coaching. By coaching I mean dating. My income is ok but I am not happy doing what I do. Specially programming is very draining.

    A few months a go I met a guy who sells cat food products on line. He told me all about IM and how he has been making loads of money from home within past 9 years. He introduced me to Click Bank, Eben Pagan and a few other cool things.

    I thought since I have already some good knowledge (because I have recurring customers), maybe I make my own information product and sell it. The the guy gave me a video course called Guru Blueprint by Eben and he teaches how to turn your knowledge to information product. I loved it. And without doing much marketing I made a 12 hour video course for relationship advice. Man it was a lot of work.

    3 weeks ago I found about about Fran Kern, landing pages and the community. I still am a newbie and I know I have a very very long way to go but I am currently in a situation which I believe many of you have been before. So I request your help.

    ================================================== ======
    My situation

    So I have this relationship video course for guys which I deliver on a membership website (and the payments are connected to Click Bank).

    I followed one of Kern's models. Get member's to option in return for a free offer, get their email, keep sending them great material and at the end of each video leave 10% for pitch.

    So I did that. I made a landing page and since I do php I dont need to use wordpress or Awebwer, I set all of that up and made a simple funnel. A classic one. I decided to test Bing before anything else.

    I ran $100 worth of ads on Bing in 7 days (coupon). Unfortunately I received a very bad results. On Monday my Facebook campaign starts to run. I have signed up for 5 hour training from Facebook themselves ( I committed to $25 a day for 30 days).

    Bing statistics:
    2000 impressions
    100 clicks
    4% optin rate
    88% bounce rate (12 seconds avg on page)
    and 98% of clicks are only on 1 keyword.

    ================================================== ======

    My questions:

    Now I am thinking of waiting and seeing what type of optin rate I'll get from Facebook because to be honest the traffic that I get from Bing is very questionable. You might ask why? Well because I have set my demographic to only male but 45% of traffic they have sent me is female! I assume I won't have that issue with Facebook.

    I understand that we all have to fail before win and that is why I am asking for advice.

    1 - From here what would you do if you were in my situation?


    2 - I have been slowly slowly converting my videos to written blog for CEO. Would it be wise to invest that time learning about marketing or is it a good long term investment to spend a couple hours a day to blog?

    Thank you so much for your suggestion.

    B
    Start a YouTube channel. Do you have samples of your videos? If they're top-notch quality you might be able to build up a huge audience which could mean a full-time income in your spare time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047032].message }}

Trending Topics