Can I Start a movies Website??

by Nshan
21 replies
Hey guys I want to know if it is legal to make a movies website and upload movies on it??
#movies #start #websit
  • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Nshan View Post

    Hey guys I want to know if it is legal to make a movies website and upload movies on it??
    No.

    Cheers. - F.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allegandro
    Maybe, 3 questions that you have to ask your self.

    1. What country do you want to start it from?
    2. What kind of movies you want to upload, home made, new or old movies?
    3. Are you planning to make contracts with the owners of the movies?

    And many more questions that you can have after it.
    Signature
    Struggeling with multiple supplier feeds?
    DoeeX solves it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

      Maybe, 3 questions that you have to ask your self.

      1. What country do you want to start it from?
      2. What kind of movies you want to upload, home made, new or old movies?
      3. Are you planning to make contracts with the owners of the movies?

      And many more questions that you can have after it.
      Honestly, I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to those questions and what the OP was driving at. lol

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049280].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nshan
      Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

      Maybe, 3 questions that you have to ask your self.

      1. What country do you want to start it from?
      2. What kind of movies you want to upload, home made, new or old movies?
      3. Are you planning to make contracts with the owners of the movies?

      And many more questions that you can have after it.
      I wanna download movies from other website and translate them thene put them in the site is that OK, And the movies may be old or new, And I'll place ads on the Website.

      Is that OK, Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049500].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author allegandro
        Originally Posted by Nshan View Post

        I wanna download movies from other website and translate them thene put them in the site is that OK, And the movies may be old or new, And I'll place ads on the Website.

        Is that OK, Thanks
        Sure, just contact Sony Movies, Universal, Warner Brothers, etc for a contract.
        Also take several millions with you for lawyer costs.
        Signature
        Struggeling with multiple supplier feeds?
        DoeeX solves it!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049595].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nshan
          Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

          Sure, just contact Sony Movies, Universal, Warner Brothers, etc for a contract.
          Also take several millions with you for lawyer costs.
          OK that seems simple Thank you, Ill try to contact them I'm pretty sure they will accept.

          No but seriously I saw a lot o sites that do upload movies that are not made by them for example Putlocker.is or Anakebnet.net and many more, why can't I do the same thing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049613].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author eKing
            Originally Posted by Nshan View Post

            OK that seems simple Thank you, Ill try to contact them I'm pretty sure they will accept.

            No but seriously I saw a lot o sites that do upload movies that are not made by them for example Putlocker.is or Anakebnet.net and many more, why can't I do the same thing.
            It is illegal, so you should definitely be prepared for numerous DMCA complaints and/or a potential lawsuit. Here in the UK many domains have been taken down by ISP's for hosting movies, especially torrent sites. It's best avoided.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049625].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author allegandro
            Originally Posted by Nshan View Post

            No but seriously I saw a lot o sites that do upload movies that are not made by them for example Putlocker.is or Anakebnet.net and many more, why can't I do the same thing.
            None of those websites are based in "civilized" countries like Western-Europe or the USA.
            So then we come back to point 1 again, it depends on the country you live in and you will host the movies.
            If you live in Tjikitjestan, where all government is corrupt and they don't care about intellectual properties of others. Then you have a chance, just keep in mind that the moment you set foot on countries in Europe, USA or other countries that really like intellectual property that you will be arrested and shipped to the USA in minutes.
            Signature
            Struggeling with multiple supplier feeds?
            DoeeX solves it!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049634].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author littletoot
              Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

              None of those websites are based in "civilized" countries like Western-Europe or the USA.
              So then we come back to point 1 again, it depends on the country you live in and you will host the movies.
              If you live in Tjikitjestan, where all government is corrupt and they don't care about intellectual properties of others. Then you have a chance, just keep in mind that the moment you set foot on countries in Europe, USA or other countries that really like intellectual property that you will be arrested and shipped to the USA in minutes.
              talking from exp?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407846].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mikeyman120
          Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

          Sure, just contact Sony Movies, Universal, Warner Brothers, etc for a contract.
          Also take several millions with you for lawyer costs.
          This is how you do it legally but I'm sure legally will cost you a few million. If you have that and can pay their fees and get signed contracts then yes. Otherwise No.

          Alternative is have a site that sells movies but are amazon affiliate links to movies on amazons site. Once again other wise NO. Unless you love 6x8 cells.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
    If you host those videos on your own website, you're asking for a LOT of trouble.

    Even sites that only link to other sites where they can watch the movies get into trouble.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SZ
    It's illegal. Run it on offshore hosting. But I doubt your site would stay alive for more than a year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10050240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Really people ?

      Must we have ridicolous Threads like this
      Signature

      Nothing to see here including a Sig so just move on :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10050532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designdoor
    Really it should not to make. but you can make a movie Review Website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10050926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beiter
    If the movies are you own: yes. Otherwise: no!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    Originally Posted by Nshan View Post

    Hey guys I want to know if it is legal to make a movies website and upload movies on it??
    If the movies are your own, the sure. That means you own the rights and everything. But if you're thinking about uploading Hollywood movies, then NO! Big NO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Here is an idea for you. Create a site that checks up on Netflix and does reviews. Post about the latest TV series. The real killer in a movie web site is bandwidth costs as those are expensive. Still, you can make a lot of money in reviews. Problem is that Netflix is constantly removing movies. Also, they are adding new ones. Hey, it will keep you busy in more ways an one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PreScriptZ
    so how about a movie site but use links (embed playable links) from other big sites (Youtube, FB, Google Drive, dailymotion) ? Anyone here ever do this?

    PS: I have script like above, if OP need it, please contact me to check
    Signature
    gomymobi.com – Online Business Site Builder & Platform (gomymobiBSB)

    ANpopup: Awesome Newsletter Popup for WordPress (plugin) & any site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10052813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aakuzz
    I made website which embed videos from YouTube. Don't plan to use adsense on these type of sites, because you will be banned after three or four days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I wouldn't do it. You shouldn't do it. Just go and sell on "half .com" if you want to sell movies. I dont know where you're going to get the rights to sell the authentic movies though. Selling DVD's has a super-low profit margin. Even if you got some "wholesalers" to give you some DVDs... they lack so much in value that you more than likely won't earn your money back from buying them.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10407867].message }}

Trending Topics