35 replies
(Not really a "crisis", just sounded awesome! )

What would be your opinion on why these flaggings - I posted late last night and woke up to the flags:
  • I posted 4 ads w/ the same image, using DIFFERENT title and text in the body. These posted on 4 different CL accounts, in 4 different cities all in my CL area.
  • My image has my website addy on it.
  • There are no clickable links / html in my ads.
  • I'm using similar text on other posts that have stuck - 1st time for the image.
  • I haven't posted in 48 hours.
  • ALL 4 ads were flagged!
Craigslist has to be my buddy - moody, difficult, or not - for the time being. Which brings me to another question… I've looked high and low for an updated youtube vid, course, web info, etc. and cannot find anything - I know CL has changed within the last 2-3 years on what works and what doesn't anymore. Any suggestions on where I can find such tactics / strategies in a course or free that may help me? Thanks heaps!
#craigslist #crisis #flagging #image with site
  • Profile picture of the author Booneway
    Where are you posting this "ad" in Craigslist?
    Signature

    Hey there! My name is Boone!
    I am a young entrepreneur working to be financially free. Feel free to join my journey at Booneway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066427].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author treevee
      Originally Posted by Booneway View Post

      Where are you posting this "ad" in Craigslist?
      service offered + financial
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author batoulemohd
    Originally Posted by treevee View Post

    (Not really a "crisis", just sounded awesome! )

    What would be your opinion on why these flaggings - I posted late last night and woke up to the flags:
    • I posted 4 ads w/ the same image, using the same title and text in the body. These posted on 4 different CL accounts, in 4 different cities all in my CL area.
    • My image has my website addy on it.
    • There are no clickable links / html in my ads.
    • I'm using similar text on other posts that have stuck - 1st time for the image.
    • I haven't posted in 48 hours.
    • ALL 4 ads were flagged!
    Craigslist has to be my buddy - moody, difficult, or not - for the time being. Which brings me to another question... I've looked high and low for an updated youtube vid, course, web info, etc. and cannot find anything - I know CL has changed within the last 2-3 years on what works and what doesn't anymore. Any suggestions on where I can find such tactics / strategies in a course or free that may help me? Thanks heaps!
    You have broken the rules & regulations of the Craigslist. Could you please to read the terms & conditions of the CL? You are not allowed to make multiple advertisement by using the same content such as text or, image. You must take a variety on your text & images.

    On the flip side, you used 4 different user ID. here the authority of the CL think, you are making COPY of other content. User may be flagged on your ad.
    You must have to obey the rules & regulations of the CL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author treevee
      Originally Posted by batoulemohd View Post

      You have broken the rules & regulations of the Craigslist. Could you please to read the terms & conditions of the CL? You are not allowed to make multiple advertisement by using the same content such as text or, image. You must take a variety on your text & images.

      On the flip side, you used 4 different user ID. here the authority of the CL think, you are making COPY of other content. User may be flagged on your ad.
      You must have to obey the rules & regulations of the CL.
      Am I allowed to put my website addy on my image?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066544].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by treevee View Post

        Am I allowed to put my website addy on my image?
        Why would you in this instance?

        You're trying to circumvent the rules. Putting your URL on all of your images is just begging to be caught, flagged, and shut down.
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066660].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author treevee
          Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

          Why would you in this instance?

          You're trying to circumvent the rules. Putting your URL on all of your images is just begging to be caught, flagged, and shut down.
          I guess that's a "no".
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author buysellbrowse
      Originally Posted by batoulemohd View Post

      You have broken the rules & regulations of the Craigslist ... You must have to obey the rules & regulations of the CL.


      Craig Newmark speaks softly and carries a big stick ...
      Signature
      buysell-browse.com * Free Classifieds Advertising & Promotion *
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    What would be your opinion on why these flaggings?
    CL is old school now. They got rid of click able links so I use back page now. OK so BACK PAGE allows me to have links that customers can click and go to my page. What good is an advertisement that generates no traffic as in zero. Place your images in back page. Also, I use you tube for the same reason. Try to stop using CL as it is old hat now. Better to put your pics on pinterest and get some pins. Right now should be your weaning process. Both CL and Kijiji/ Ebay Classified do not allow click able links so they are no GOOD any more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10066968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      CL is old school now. They got rid of click able links so I use back page now. OK so BACK PAGE allows me to have links that customers can click and go to my page. What good is an advertisement that generates no traffic as in zero. Place your images in back page. Also, I use you tube for the same reason. Try to stop using CL as it is old hat now. Better to put your pics on pinterest and get some pins. Right now should be your weaning process. Both CL and Kijiji/ Ebay Classified do not allow click able links so they are no GOOD any more.
      Use YouTube instead of Craigslist? There is no replacement for Craigslist. And while BP is good, it doesn't get nearly the traffic Craigslist does. Not being able to have a clickable link in your ad means nothing – autoresponder, hello?

      Craigslist is a goldmine if you know how to get around all the filters. Unfortunately, if you don't have the means to do so – yes, it's useless. You need lots of accounts, emails, a solid autoresponder setup and obviously...non-duplicate content.

      A good way to get around the image issue is to rename the image every time you post. You can find CL posters on Upwork/Elance who will post ads for 25 cents per live ad (you should never have to pay for ghosted ads) and they'll do this for you if you ask them. You'll usually need to supply them with the slightly different content though, so the ads don't get ghosted for being too similar.

      If you're trying to do mass postings, it's better to just hire a freelancer who specializes in CL to do them for you. They have PVAs, proxies and all the right tools to get live ads going – plus they're super cheap.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10067246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GelidMind
    You're not allowed to have the same copy for each of the ads. Switch them around a bit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10067029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author subho67
    Posting same ad copy for 1000s ads use a good posting service provider.Need to know how to use it cost is involved as all accounts won't work in craigslist right now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10067166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author midasmarketing
    Did you change ip's and clear cookies in between postings?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10077109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author craigsposterpro
      Originally Posted by midasmarketing View Post

      Did you change ip's and clear cookies in between postings?
      Yes, it's highly advisable that you clear cookies and change IPs. You can use a public wifi or your own portable hotspot to make that happen. Mix up your ad titles and ad content including images as much as possible. Do not leave any predictable footprints across all your ads like the same email address, same link or event the same phone number. Instead, place those 3 items in an ad image.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author treevee
        Originally Posted by craigsposterpro View Post

        You can use a public wifi or your own portable hotspot to make that happen.
        Doesn't Craigslist follow MAC address too?

        Do not leave any predictable footprints across all your ads like the same email address, same link or event the same phone number. Instead, place those 3 items in an ad image.
        Are you saying to not put the same contact info typed within the ad, but I can use the same website address in the different images?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080484].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author emptee
          Originally Posted by treevee View Post

          Doesn't Craigslist follow MAC address too?



          Are you saying to not put the same contact info typed within the ad, but I can use the same website address in the different images?
          It's impossible for CraigsList to see your MAC address, so that can be ruled out..

          Swap out browsers, clear cookies, use different IP addresses.. and if you're really paranoid.. changing your screen resolution and swapping out browser plugins/extensions (though I haven't seen any evidence of CraigsList fingerprinting via javascript, so I doubt this will have any effect).

          Cheers,
          Michael
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080501].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author treevee
            Originally Posted by emptee View Post

            use different IP addresses..
            I'm not savvy on how to go about this.... any help... anyone?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080523].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
              Originally Posted by treevee View Post

              I'm not savvy on how to go about this.... any help... anyone?
              You can Google how to change IP addresses, but that's really not going to solve your problem. There is a lot more to getting around CL filters than just switching IPs/clearing cookies and those of us who know all the real tricks are not going to divulge that information, or CL would be a spam haven and the site would be ruined.

              As I previously suggested, hiring a micro worker is your best bet, since they are cheap and have all the tools to get a better percentage of ads to stick.

              You also need to buy a list of email accounts to do mass postings and tie them to an autoresponder. Most people give up on CL because it's very hard to work if you don't have the right knowledge. You're going to get very frustrated with it if you continue doing it the way you're doing it.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081333].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author craigsposterpro
                Flagged is a human action, right? Having your URL, may seem somewhat underhanded if there isn't a clickable link right? Think about the perspective of a regular user!
                Flagging of any post can happen as a result of the very sophisticated Craigslist auto-filters or from humans. It would take a critical mass of at least 6 - 12 humans whose IPs share the same city location to make it happen outside of Craigslist.

                However, there are armies of volunteers who police Craigslist to remove spammy or irrelevant posts. In fact, posting an ad that doesn't belong in a particular section (such as car dealers posting under Cars > By Owner) is one of the primary reasons for flagging.

                There is nothing wrong with posting a link on your ad images. However, Craigslist does not want clickable links as it leads to traffic leakage off their site.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081634].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author alanaj
                Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

                You can Google how to change IP addresses, but that's really not going to solve your problem. There is a lot more to getting around CL filters than just switching IPs/clearing cookies and those of us who know all the real tricks are not going to divulge that information, or CL would be a spam haven and the site would be ruined.

                As I previously suggested, hiring a micro worker is your best bet, since they are cheap and have all the tools to get a better percentage of ads to stick.

                You also need to buy a list of email accounts to do mass postings and tie them to an autoresponder. Most people give up on CL because it's very hard to work if you don't have the right knowledge. You're going to get very frustrated with it if you continue doing it the way you're doing it.
                Jennifer, thanks for your helpful feedback. For those of us interested in outsourcing this work, do you have any suggestions for locating reliable CL micro workers/ freelancer? Thanks in advance.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090524].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
                  Originally Posted by alanaj View Post

                  Jennifer, thanks for your helpful feedback. For those of us interested in outsourcing this work, do you have any suggestions for locating reliable CL micro workers/ freelancer? Thanks in advance.
                  Just post an ad on Upwork/Elance and filter applicants with good feedback. Unlike most cases, agencies will usually be able to deliver the best results, since they are usually equipped with proxies, PVAs, etc.

                  You can also search for contractors and agencies with good feedback and invite them to your jobs.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090581].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author alanaj
                    Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

                    Just post an ad on Upwork/Elance and filter applicants with good feedback. Unlike most cases, agencies will usually be able to deliver the best results, since they are usually equipped with proxies, PVAs, etc.

                    You can also search for contractors and agencies with good feedback and invite them to your jobs.
                    That's perfect. Thanks again for your advice and feedback.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10092593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarksWineClub
    Flagged is a human action, right? Having your URL, may seem somewhat underhanded if there isn't a clickable link right? Think about the perspective of a regular user!

    Given the history of AirBNB, 4 postings isn't going to do anything at all....but there's probably a ton we could learn from their really positive history there-
    Signature

    Read our most recent articles on wine, this month it's that unappreciated region called Napa Valley.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author treevee
    Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

    As I previously suggested, hiring a micro worker is your best bet, since they are cheap and have all the tools to get a better percentage of ads to stick.

    You also need to buy a list of email accounts to do mass postings and tie them to an autoresponder.
    Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

    If you're trying to do mass postings, it's better to just hire a freelancer who specializes in CL to do them for you. They have PVAs, proxies and all the right tools to get live ads going – plus they're super cheap.
    When I stated in my original post…
    Originally Posted by treevee View Post

    Craigslist has to be my buddy - moody, difficult, or not - for the time being.
    … this is because I have zero $ to work with. So, you're advice is very much appreciated (and will be kept for later use), however at the present time, CL has to work for me, until I get just a few fish on the hook for me to have a budget.

    Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

    Not being able to have a clickable link in your ad means nothing – autoresponder, hello?
    Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

    You're trying to circumvent the rules. Putting your URL on all of your images is just begging to be caught, flagged, and shut down.
    Originally Posted by MarksWineClub View Post

    Having your URL, may seem somewhat underhanded if there isn't a clickable link right? Think about the perspective of a regular user!
    1. I'm not putting a clickable link in the body of my ads. I was putting my domain name (not url) with the .net extension on the image, which takes people to my squeeze page. I don't think that is under-handing w/o a clickable link … in all advertisements, outside of CL, you see it all the time.

    Originally Posted by MarksWineClub View Post

    4 postings isn't going to do anything at all....
    4 postings was just what I happened to put up that one night, testing...

    Thanks everyone for your input and taking the time to share your "expertise"! Very much appreciated!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
    Maybe it is the crowdfundig ad? I flag those as they are Ponzi schemes
    I bet others flag them too

    just like a chain letter..it is not crowdfunding...it is not "financial" info or services

    I think CL is removing all of them, we had a lot of the "group crowfund" , fund each other nonsense floating around where I live
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081787].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author treevee
      Originally Posted by Freebiequeen1999 View Post

      Maybe it is the crowdfundig ad? I flag those as they are Ponzi schemes
      I bet others flag them too

      just like a chain letter..it is not crowdfunding...it is not "financial" info or services

      I think CL is removing all of them, we had a lot of the "group crowfund" , fund each other nonsense floating around where I live
      This newer crowdfunding platform is based on cooperative economics. How do you think homes were built before mortgages (before the 1930's)? Before mortgages, people of the community took turns helping each other build homes - a collective effort. Brokers and bankers created mortgages to allow others to fund the mortgages. (Huh? are they ponzi's?… must be!)

      Then there's social financing, where participants make regular contributions to a fund, which is distributed in whole or in part to each contributor in rotation. Similar methods are going on all around the world - In Latin America, it's known as pandas; in Mexico, cudinas; in West Africa and the Caribbean, susu; in Asia, hui; in Brazil, panders, etc…

      It's the mentality of most people in the U.S. - constantly labeling everything a ponzi or pyramid scheme and without any reason (or knowledge of what it is they are flagging) for their claim. These types of methods have been utilized for eons. This is why this platform does so much better in other countries! Reverting back to the old ways of doing things - things that worked without creating such economic struggle - doesn't seem like such a crime to me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081912].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
        Originally Posted by treevee View Post

        This newer crowdfunding platform is based on cooperative economics. How do you think homes were built before mortgages (before the 1930's)? Before mortgages, people of the community took turns helping each other build homes - a collective effort. Brokers and bankers created mortgages to allow others to fund the mortgages. (Huh? are they ponzi's?… must be!)

        Then there's social financing, where participants make regular contributions to a fund, which is distributed in whole or in part to each contributor in rotation. Similar methods are going on all around the world - In Latin America, it's known as pandas; in Mexico, cudinas; in West Africa and the Caribbean, susu; in Asia, hui; in Brazil, panders, etc…

        It's the mentality of most people in the U.S. - constantly labeling everything a ponzi or pyramid scheme and without any reason (or knowledge of what it is they are flagging) for their claim. These types of methods have been utilized for eons. This is why this platform does so much better in other countries! Reverting back to the old ways of doing things - things that worked without creating such economic struggle - doesn't seem like such a crime to me.
        Ummm....how do YOU think chain letters worked before the internet? People mailed that junk to each other, or passed around the chain letter around if they could not afford a stamp

        they all end up the same way...bs and nonsense

        When people first started en masse on internet , in the days of Compuserve and Prodigy and America Online vultures with chain letters found a new way = spam emails, and troll posts on message boards

        The chain letter takes various forms....for awhile they tried "selling reports' or recipes ...pretending to do bizness (monkey bizness LOL)

        Gifting, "circles" whatever you call it.....big time - started with Ponzi, and Bernie Madoff was another...and so it goes

        The new junk is "crowdfunding">> the chain letter people jump on any trend. Before that they skunked "affiliate' marketing - ie, sign up for cpa offers in a chain - but of course the affiliate networks stomped that out ...and now it is "crowdfunding"....that is the reason your "financial" posts are pulled...because they are bs

        go hire a microworker - and they will still be pulled

        Craigslist does not allow you to post chain letters, ponzi schemes and fake "crowdfunding" nonsense. Spout off all the nonsense your "program" tells you
        Cooperative economics? LOL

        I hope craigslist keeps removing all crowdfunding junk and those who post it

        Hopefully THIS forum would have the same decency but who knows?

        I think it is totally ridiculous to get people to waste their time in something that will only end the way chain letters ended

        Of course YOU want this to work...not hard to see that you are the one at the top of this pyramid
        too late however...craigslist has been removing this junk, a few months ago there were a lot of them now they are gone and if posted removed quickly
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082121].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author treevee
          Well, I believe that this minor debate about crowdfunding has run its course on this thread - I understand that we all have our own opinions, but, I'd rather we stick with the op.

          Thanks again for everyone's input!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082562].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Freebiequeen1999
            Originally Posted by treevee View Post

            Well, I believe that this minor debate about crowdfunding has run its course on this thread - I understand that we all have our own opinions, but, I'd rather we stick with the op.

            Thanks again for everyone's input!
            Hey you are the one with the ad in your sig....let me say it again...you got on this shaky bandwagon too late cause CL has been getting rid of all the (Ponzi) crowdfunding junk and with good reason

            Sad to think that you want to show others how to make money when you say
            ... this is because I have zero $ to work with. So, you're advice is very much appreciated (and will be kept for later use), however at the present time, CL has to work for me, until I get just a few fish on the hook for me to have a budget.

            Fish? Fish?? Ouch
            [COLOR="Red"][B]

            then you say>>>
            "Reverting back to the old ways of doing things - things that worked without creating such economic struggle - doesn't seem like such a crime to me."

            Not a crime? Hmmmm....wonder what the authorities will say to that? I am guessing you did not get any legal advice before you put this "program" out there? Maybe copied some other program? well like any Ponzi scheme the ones in first will make some money but I think that ship has sailed - CL deletes these schemes and I would hope this site has the decency of CL at least...it is simply shameful to think of any poor "fish" getting caught like that
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aprilaraceli
    Due to broken the rules & regulation, your advertisement had been deleted. If you want to use any site, you must obey the Rules & regulations of the site. Most of the site does not allow same content, in different thread. I hope you understand. Thanks
    Signature
    Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082748].message }}
  • Hello treeeve

    You broke the rules, qiasi all sites prohibit post several times the same content inthread different.
    Signature

    Moderators Note: Affiliate links are not allowed as signatures.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mylo1
    I know tons of people are doing this even though its against the rules.. sometimes you have to push the envelope a little. Test test and test some more. You will find what works. TBH its unlikely that many people will share their working methods now that they have become so strict in fear of losing out on whats working
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Van Dam
    Yeah as said just vary your ads a bit and you should be good to go. They want to weed out the online workers who make 100s of posts offering their services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author craigsposterpro
      Originally Posted by Van Dam View Post

      Yeah as said just vary your ads a bit and you should be good to go.
      This is a great point. Just to drill down into a bit more, the consensus is that Craigslist scans the first 5 lines and last 5 lines of an ad to discern whether it has unique content. So, it would be prudent for you to focus your text spinning efforts on those part of the ad text section. Obviously, mixing up your ad titles and even ad images (dimensions, filenames, image borders) will help the cause. Hope this helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    I don't mess around with Craigslist, except to use it as it was intended. For instance, I've sold several pieces of furniture, a sports card collection, a DVD lot, and a bunch of other tangible items on there.

    I also found one of my best buddies on CL (Winston, my Russian Blue cat).

    One thing here that has got me interested is when people say to tie the ad to an autoresponder.

    I am curious what they mean by this. Does it mean to just have a link (although not clickable) to your squeeze page, or do they mean to link it by email address?

    For instance, instead of using your own email address, you put your list email address in, and when people email your list address, they are sent a confirmation email from your AR.

    I am just curious because several years ago I came across a free report that showed how to build your list like this, but of course now I can't find it. Also, that was at least 4 years ago, so I'm wondering if this tactic is still in play and effective.

    Any info would be appreciated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10091416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mohammadwasim
    you can try to backpage
    Signature

    mohdwasim

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10343605].message }}

Trending Topics