ANybody in IM who isn't a liar?

25 replies
I have purchased a so called "simple" step by step course from 2 highly regarded people which is far from simple.
I was told it isn't rocket science but it is to me.
A shed load of money for something I can't understand.
I am now sick of this "business" and daren't count how much I have spent.

Is there anybody out there who would help me go through it (basically solo ads), without ripping me off and stealing?
I doubt it. The world is full of scumbags.
#liar
  • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
    Before you start slamming the people you bought these methods from, did you try Googling what solo ads were? Did you try learning the basics of how to build a website and what affiliate marketing was? Did you try anything at all?

    Or are you just coming here to whine because you are too lazy to learn and found out IM was more that pressing some button that would generate heaps of cash for you? Your accusations are extremely unfair.

    If you're unwilling to learn, you will never find a product out there that will help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    If they really stole from you then report them to the mods.

    If you can't understand it, then figure out what it is you need to understand. Take responsibility for your own purchases and your own decisions. You apparently feel you were ripped off twice now - does that mean you didn't learn your lesson the first time? You not understanding doesn't make them a liar or a scumbag - it just means you don't understand what you've bought.

    Also if the product is so bad and it has a refund policy you may can get a refund.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081823].message }}
  • Just like Jennifer said, sometimes it's the buyers who didn't the take the time to understand what they were buying,

    That's definitely not the thing with everybody, but there are buyers who will buy something they don't understand and may never understand.

    However, there are many IMers who DO just scam people and try to earn every cent they can get. Did they not explain it deep enough? Were they unclear?

    Again, there are scammers, That's just how it is. This is in every industry; not just MMO.

    Just do HUGE research on them before purchasing. Don't like it? Usually there are always money back guarantees.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
      Originally Posted by internetmarketer1 View Post

      However, there are many IMers who DO just scam people and try to earn every cent they can get.
      There are definitely lots of scammers in IM and I would never defend those people, but I definitely didn't get that vibe from the OP.

      Sounds like he just didn't understand what solo ads were and was too lazy to do a little research.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081839].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Jennifer Hutson View Post

        There are definitely lots of scammers in IM and I would never defend those people, but I definitely didn't get that vibe from the OP.

        Sounds like he just didn't understand what solo ads were and was too lazy to do a little research.
        Completely agree. I am speaking with somebody right now who has sent me dozens of emails in the last few days. Obviously, what I taught them is not for them. It's stressful when you have somebody asking every basic question that has been answered ALREADY in the WSO.

        I am working with that person to lead them down another IM route that may be easier for them.

        And yes, I feel like the op feels just like they were going to receive all the cash right away. That's not how it is. There is learning, hard work, and time put in oto make it work and come together.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081850].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author terrymate
        Jennifer Hutson

        How dare you call me lazy twice. You know nothing about me.
        I imagine if you are a product seller that you are one of those that just shoves it out and doesn't care whether it is any use or not.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081854].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
          Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

          Jennifer Hutson

          How dare you call me lazy twice. You know nothing about me.
          I imagine if you are a product seller that you are one of those that just shoves it out and doesn't care whether it is any use or not.
          You say I know nothing about you, then turn around and accuse me of something you know nothing about? Pot, meet kettle.

          Your mindset is atrocious.

          You know how I can tell you are lazy? Because you can't even perform a simple Google search to find out what a solo ad is and how you can use it. You just want to rant and fling wild accusations because things are "too hard." A very familiar song and dance.

          Feel free to answer the questions I asked:

          What work did you actually do to ensure the products you bought would work?

          What research did you perform to ensure your success?

          Did you Google phrases like "solo ad" to find out what they meant when you didn't understand something? Did you look up tutorials?

          What action did you take to better your own knowledge so that you could be successful?

          I have a sneaking suspicion you didn't do any of that because you want an easy button. Your defensive, toxic nature tells me that, as does you coming in here pitching a fit about scammers and scumbags because things aren't as simple as you wanted them to be.

          Treat this community with some respect and maybe you'll get some, yourself.

          Originally Posted by NeedBucksNow View Post

          Solo ads are a good way to advertise but they aren't cheap from what I have found and are usually about .50 or so per a click. What you are trying to do with them is the most important thing though. Do some research with the search button and find somebody to make you a killer sales funnel for a great product 1st and you should be good after that. Be prepared to do a lot of testing of your results in order to get a positive ROI as well.
          That still does not tell him what a solo ad is. Let's not confuse him, further.

          Here you go, Terry – your spoonfeed of the day, since that's what you want. A Complete Guide to Buying Your First Solo Ad | Brent Jones Online

          All I did was Google "what is a solo ad" and it was the first result.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    Solo ads are a good way to advertise but they aren't cheap from what I have found and are usually about .50 or so per a click. What you are trying to do with them is the most important thing though. Do some research with the search button and find somebody to make you a killer sales funnel for a great product 1st and you should be good after that. Be prepared to do a lot of testing of your results in order to get a positive ROI as well.
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    I'm not Jennifer but what I think she means (and if this isn't what she means it's what I mean) is illustrated in this post: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ml#post9549570

    You bought a PLR package and were surprised that there was no PDF. If you had done a little research for free through Google and throughout the forum or maybe if you first downloaded some of the free offerings out there, you would have known that many PLR packages don't include finished PDFs.

    Why?

    Because they are designed to be changed. Change the name, the title, the contents, add stuff, put your own style and flavor into it. Add graphics, your own links, your own resources, your own preface, etc. That is how PLR works.

    You and everyone else should know things like that before buying packages. The fact you didn't shows you didn't do your research. That indicates a kind of "laziness" in the sense that you didn't know what you were buying.

    Whatever packages you are upset about now are probably the same kind of problem. You didn't know what you were getting into, swallowed the hype hook line and sinker, and now don't understand it. And because you don't understand it, everyone is a lying scumbag.

    Now maybe the packages you are complaining about really are faulty. I gave you a couple options if they were. But if the fault is in you - you need to take responsibility for your own actions and decisions and figure out how to fix it.

    Mark

    Edit: Apparently I was posting at the same time as Jennifer. I didn't see her post before I hit the submit button.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrymate
    Jennifer Hutson

    You really are breathtakingly arrogant.

    "you can't even perform a simple Google search to find out what a solo ad is and how you can use it"
    How the hell do you know what I have researched? You know nothing.

    "you want an easy button". Tell me where in my post I said I don't want to do any work?

    You are a troll. Now keep your ill informed personal attacks and troll somebody else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
      Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

      Jennifer Hutson

      You really are breathtakingly arrogant.

      "you can't even perform a simple Google search to find out what a solo ad is and how you can use it"
      How the hell do you know what I have researched? You know nothing.

      "you want an easy button". Tell me where in my post I said I don't want to do any work?

      You are a troll. Now keep your ill informed personal attacks and troll somebody else.
      Again, you can't answer the questions because you didn't actually try – you can only blame shift and project. It's very easy to figure out from your attitude. You won't last long with that mentality.

      Try asking for help without insulting an entire community next time and you might get people who are actually willing to help you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrymate
    Mark Singletary

    What on earth are you on about?

    I suggest you read posts properly before you comment.
    "You bought a PLR package and were surprised that there was no PDF. If you had done a little research for free through Google and throughout the forum or maybe if you first downloaded some of the free offerings out there, you would have known that many PLR packages don't include finished PDFs"
    Tell me where a PDF was ever mentioned?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
      Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

      Jennifer Hutson

      I repeat. Tell me how you know what research I did?
      The fact that you are still talking in circles and refusing to answer how you actually tried just solidifies my previous statement. You are the one trolling, here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081971].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author terrymate
        Jennifer Hutson

        Trolling my own thread?
        Another piece of junk from you.

        I am warning you now to stop insulting me as well.

        Who the hell do you think you are?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082011].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Hutson
          Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

          Jennifer Hutson

          Trolling my own thread?
          Another piece of junk from you.

          I am warning you now to stop insulting me as well.

          Who the hell do you think you are?
          Or what, you'll call the internet police on me? Get real. You are the one who came in here calling people liars, scammers and scumbags and insulting the entire IM community.

          Several people here have asked you to explain your experience further so they could help you figure out where you went wrong. Instead, you are defensive, equally as insulting and refuse to explain further.

          You buying something you did not understand is NOT a reason to say the product creators are scammers. Or thieves. Or liars.

          Once again, the fact that you refuse to clarify what happened, only solidifies my suspicions that you're simply unwilling to try. You getting defensive and angry about it only makes you look worse.

          You're more than welcome to prove me wrong, but you've yet to elaborate. So I'm assuming all you're going to do is continue pissing and moaning, and refusing to contribute any real value to your own thread.

          Either elaborate on your situation or let the thread die so we can help members who actually want it - who don't start threads off by insulting the entire community when they have a problem.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author terrymate
        Mark Singletary

        Now I see what you are on about.
        Why drag up a post I made last year which is completely irrelevant to this thread?

        "The point is that in that case you had no clue what you were buying or how PLR worked. I suggest that this is also the case in the two products you feel you were ripped off. You didn't know what you were getting into."
        How do you know I had no clue what I was buying?
        I assume you have a full repertoire of my knowledge?
        Because I asked a simple question on an unrelated product, you use that?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
      If you follow the link that I posted you'll see.

      You said
      Bought this, downloaded it.
      Where is the main pdf guide?
      Could only access it in Open Office. Surely not?
      That's where the PDF was mentioned. You mentioned it. You wanted to know where it was. Right? Or am I misreading what you wrote?

      The point is that in that case you had no clue what you were buying or how PLR worked. I suggest that this is also the case in the two products you feel you were ripped off. You didn't know what you were getting into.

      Mark

      Originally Posted by terrymate View Post

      Mark Singletary

      What on earth are you on about?

      I suggest you read posts properly before you comment.
      "You bought a PLR package and were surprised that there was no PDF. If you had done a little research for free through Google and throughout the forum or maybe if you first downloaded some of the free offerings out there, you would have known that many PLR packages don't include finished PDFs"
      Tell me where a PDF was ever mentioned?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Path Theory
    Terry - You want a little help and direction? Be more specific, and tell us all the pertinent details. If you were just trying to blow off steam - Than expect a little blow back, since you gave no information to support your accusations.

    The majority of people here don't want to see you get scammed, and if it's truly what happened, go a little further in depth so we can judge for ourselves if it's credible.
    Signature

    Dental Floss Tycoon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CapnWillard
    Hmmmm...

    Terrymate I can tell you that I bought a solo ad themed WSO that was above me* - and I am still digesting.

    *
    a) I still need to dig in deeper and figure out the specifics, but the gist makes sense
    b) It involved a budget that was not evident when I bought it, but that's okay; I bought it from someone who put together a WSO - not a Lynda.com course.

    My point is, I bought a Solo Ad WSO based on interest, hope, and trust (and value , considering it was only 7 bucks). In the end, there were some holes in 1) process and 2) undisclosed budget - but you know what? The gist was there, and I am feeling pretty good about executing it once I have the budget for it.

    I do not want to discount the chance that you indeed invested money in a program that didn't deliver what it said it would. But I've purchased items that were not 100% what they promised, yet still offered me a boat load of information that I could use/fill in the the gaps to ultimately profit from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emptee
    Ugh.. what an ugly thread.. I don't know if arguing is going to really achieve anything positive...

    terrymate: Yes, there are plenty of dishonest marketers around.. In your particular case I simply can't say. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that someone lied about the ease of use of it.

    For example - I'm a hopeless cook. No matter how easy a cookbook is, I'm probably going to stuff up.. I'm just not a cook. So, for me, even easy recipes are hard.. for me. Does that make "Ed" author of "Eds easy recipes" a liar? No. It just means I'm a bad cook who doesn't have the patience to learn properly.

    Now.. there are plenty of sites and articles around that have a wealth of information about solo ads... But if you're struggling with the basics you should probably start with PPC material to get a good foundation of knowledge first. Many marketers will skip over basic concepts like CR, CTR, EPC, PPC, etc.. because they assume most have the knowledge.

    I'm yet to see any solo ad material that was too difficult to follow

    Cheers,
    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    My mistake on the 2 products. I assumed it was 2 products.

    I know what it's like to feel ripped off when buying a product. But I also know that in almost every case that feeling of being ripped off wasn't fair because the biggest problem was me. I wasn't doing what I should have been doing. I wasn't following the instructions. My mindset was bad. Or whatever.

    Until I learned to take responsibility, including doing my due diligence and researching author's pasts, I was going around in circles and not making any progress.

    Some people will buy things without any research. For example, they have no clue what PLR is or a solo ad is or that you can put ads from Google on your website and make money. So when they buy products, many times they are lost. They had NO idea what Adsense was nor how to use it and when they buy the product they feel cheated because they don't understand it.

    I'm not trying to mix things up by bringing in the example of the PLR problem. I'm trying to help you to ask yourself if the real problem with the product was you - just like it was for me until I learned better.

    Many/Most people that cry scam are not scammed in the slightest. They get what they are promised but they fail to take consistent action as directed and then normally give up too soon. They then find something else more suitable or exciting but the pattern repeats itself over and over and over. That's one of the reasons we have so many posts by people that say they've been doing this for many years and still haven't made it.

    Those that figure out the real problem are those that get ahead in this business and in life.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrFume
    I'm wondering why would you purchase something without knowing at least what it refers to? - Solo ads are traffic that you purchase in order to present an offer of some kind to - either free or paid - with the objective of building your own list of subscribers. What is so difficult to comprehend there? I have no idea what you purchased, but anything to do with solo ads would be describing the process and steps you would take to construct said offers and optimize your chances of attracting the maximum quantities of people subscribing, so that you can then build a relationship with these people and market to them further.
    Signature

    The whole basis of what we do as human beings is based on Communication, nothing would be possible otherwise. I work with communication, publishing on the Web, digital media.
    Digital Media for a Noisy World

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samfakroon
    Ok guys I think its not Fair to just blame it all on the guy, I think in the beginning its overwhelming and the promises on sales pages are very much hyped. So my good friend Terry what are you starting with? In order to give you directions atleast I need to know your budgets, your experience and so on. Thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Then
    I have met people who made $10,000s with just one WSO and I have also met people who didn't make a single cent after buying 100+ WSOs.

    So guess what's the missing ingredient?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10082106].message }}

Trending Topics