Am I the youngest on this forum?

37 replies
I'm 20 years old!

Surely I'm not the youngest person scouting these forums, trying to digest as much knowledge and information as possible.

It would be great to talk with like minded individuals around the same age.

I'm wondering, how many of us here truly feel like they have 'made it' and are comfortable with their income/lifestyle, and at what age did you get this feeling?

Just seems I'm among a lot of older, wiser and more knowledgable people!
#forum #youngest
  • Profile picture of the author DRP
    No, you're not the youngest. I'm 25 though, so you're not that much younger than I am. I started when I was 16, and I don't mean that to brag. It was born out of necessity since I grew up with plastic silverware and had to contribute to the family at age 14.
    Signature
    I'd rather tell you an ugly truth than a pretty lie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by DRP View Post

      No, you're not the youngest. I'm 25 though, so you're not that much younger than I am. I started when I was 16, and I don't mean that to brag. It was born out of necessity since I grew up with plastic silverware and had to contribute to the family at age 14.
      I think about 17 just after school was when I first started becoming interested in all this. I was and still am very fortunate to have had great support around me growing up. Not to say my parents are rich or anything, actually far from it but Iv'e always been looked after. I think the lifestyle and accomplishing a business on your own is a great feeling.

      I just made my first couple of sales and it's addictive, I just want to grow it and keep scaling up, trying to find new ways to make money!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DRP
    From the land down under? G'Day mate! haha

    Your site looks very professional, so awesome job there. Making money is addictive. I read an academic journal in college once about studies that showed a correlation between the part of the brain that's stimulated when making money. Apparently it's the same part of the brain that's stimulated when doing cocaine...so making money is like doing coke. But safer. Don't worry, I don't do drugs and don't advocate them. You just made me think about that when you said your sales were addictive, and I get that.

    Just keep doing what you're doing. Test, measure, tweak, improve. You're probably doing better than 99% of the people here...or anyone trying to make money online. There's no studies, and most people here lie their asses off, but I think it's safe to say that if you can make your first $1000 online...you've made more than 99% will EVER make online. True story.

    And if you make over $1000 in a day? That feels pretty epic. And puts you leaps and bounds over everyone else here.
    Signature
    I'd rather tell you an ugly truth than a pretty lie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113246].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by DRP View Post

      From the land down under? G'Day mate! haha

      Your site looks very professional, so awesome job there. Making money is addictive. I read an academic journal in college once about studies that showed a correlation between the part of the brain that's stimulated when making money. Apparently it's the same part of the brain that's stimulated when doing cocaine...so making money is like doing coke. But safer. Don't worry, I don't do drugs and don't advocate them. You just made me think about that when you said your sales were addictive, and I get that.

      Just keep doing what you're doing. Test, measure, tweak, improve. You're probably doing better than 99% of the people here...or anyone trying to make money online. There's no studies, and most people here lie their asses off, but I think it's safe to say that if you can make your first $1000 online...you've made more than 99% will EVER make online. True story.

      And if you make over $1000 in a day? That feels pretty epic. And puts you leaps and bounds over everyone else here.
      G'day Mate, thanks for taking the time to reply! I agree, was almost going to put it's like being addicted to drugs, but I have never done them so wouldn't really know haha!

      Thanks for the kind words about my site also, but I'm not 100% happy with it and will soon be doing a full upgrade. I'm planning on expanding into being a hosting and domain resseller where clients can host and register domains through my site.

      $1000 in a day would be great. My first few jobs have equated to around $1700 which I'm extremley happy with, and with a couple more on the way it's actually doing better than I could of ever expected. Like you said
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113262].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DRP
        Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

        My first few jobs have equated to around $1700 which I'm extremley happy with, and with a couple more on the way it's actually doing better than I could of ever expected. Like you said
        Yeah man! Congratulations! You're now making more than 99% of the people here (or anywhere) will EVER make online. True friggin' story. Great work!
        Signature
        I'd rather tell you an ugly truth than a pretty lie.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZanyZebra
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113261].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by ZanyZebra View Post

      Nope, i'm the youngest at 60.

      The answer to your question is 57, when I opened up an ecommerce business selling physical products on amazon.

      Good luck with your future.
      Congratulations on your success. My grandpa is just over 60 and he wouldn't know how to turn a computer on haha but he did run a successful butcher shop for many years so each to their own!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

    Just seems I'm among a lot of older, wiser and more knowledgable people!
    It's because you are. But i know how you feel. I mean, look at me. I'm 79 years old, but i don't look a day over 29.

    Happy life, happy miserable ex-wife.

    What do you look to gain from being on this forum? Are you having success with your web design services? (the one in your sig)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      It's because you are. But i know how you feel. I mean, look at me. I'm 79 years old, but i don't look a day over 29.

      Happy life, happy miserable ex-wife.

      What do you look to gain from being on this forum? Are you having success with your web design services? (the one in your sig)
      I look to gain as much knowledge as possible. Mainly in how to grow my business and ultimately make more money!

      Been going for just under 2 months, and yes, I am happy with where things are at, got happy clients and have had a steady flow of work since I started.

      My main challenges at the moment are getting my pricing structure right and obviously being able to keep pulling in the business!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post


    Just seems I'm among a lot of older, wiser and more knowledgable people!

    Did you get that impression from reading the threads here????

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113401].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Did you get that impression from reading the threads here????

      al
      A lot of advice given through this site is from previous experience and it's experience very hard for someone my age to acquire! Hence why I assumed I was a little younger than most on here. But I guess we will find out if anyone sees this who is around my age and leaves a post!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RahimaMal
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Did you get that impression from reading the threads here????

      al
      I've only been commenting on the warrior forum today. However, I've been a long term lurker. There is a lot of people over 30 here... But I've also seen some kids like 15 year olds....lol

      Usually they tend to disappear after a week or two though. Weird.
      Signature

      ...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RahimaMal
    Hi Jack,

    You are definitely not the youngest here. In fact, I'm 19.

    Anyway, in my opinion, it's a good thing to start early and stay committed to it. I haven't been around for years like a lot of the members here have. There is still a bunch of stuff to learn in Internet Marketing and it's changing rapidly. Having a mentor seems to help me though. I'm sticking through the long haul!
    Signature

    ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joshua301
    jack your not the only one im 19 lol a year younger then you are now anyway when i first started to look in to making my own site was when i was 15 yes i know to young but im a smart boy better then others anyway i always think how can i do a website what website will it be will it was a episode site but im not going to go with that any more im looking to go in to a full time job on my site when i get it up also most people always start with blogger yep good old blogger thats where i start from there to wordpress
    Signature

    BE HAPPY WHLIE YOU CAN LIVE YOUR LIFE :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IncomeWitness
    Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

    I'm 20 years old!

    Surely I'm not the youngest person scouting these forums, trying to digest as much knowledge and information as possible.

    It would be great to talk with like minded individuals around the same age.

    I'm wondering, how many of us here truly feel like they have 'made it' and are comfortable with their income/lifestyle, and at what age did you get this feeling?

    Just seems I'm among a lot of older, wiser and more knowledgable people!
    I was 19 when I first joined this forum. That was about 10 years ago.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113724].message }}
  • There surely are younger than even 18 year olds on this forum, however they are wise not to openly admit that.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...18-member.html

    It's very easy to tell by their posts in most cases though.

    I trust that if there were an actual age verification system in place, this forum would be a little quieter.
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

      I trust that if there were an actual age verification system in place, this forum would be a little quieter.
      That would be nice

      al
      Signature

      A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cindyyaaj
    Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

    I'm 20 years old!

    Surely I'm not the youngest person scouting these forums, trying to digest as much knowledge and information as possible.

    It would be great to talk with like minded individuals around the same age.

    I'm wondering, how many of us here truly feel like they have 'made it' and are comfortable with their income/lifestyle, and at what age did you get this feeling?

    Just seems I'm among a lot of older, wiser and more knowledgable people!
    You're not the youngest. I'm only 2 years older than you and am in here for the same reasons as you are.
    Signature
    .
    ==> FREE! ZERO COST Opportunity That Pours Out
    $688 Daily
    ...24/7 365 Days A Year <==
    .
    Reveal It Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

    I'm 20 years old!

    Surely I'm not the youngest person scouting these forums, trying to digest as much knowledge and information as possible.
    No way that you are the youngest.

    I heard that some 14-18 year old are also going to many of the forums online that are outside the internet marketing niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack107
    Thanks for all the replies! Great to see that I'm not the youngest and that there are others around my age. As I said before would be great to get in contact with some of these people, just for a chat!
    Signature
    I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SnackMemory
    I have a feeling a lot of people on here are younger then 20.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by SnackMemory View Post

      I have a feeling a lot of people on here are younger then 20.
      Judging from all the responses I'm gathering that too haha but where are they? The youngest we have so far is a 19 year old!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joan Altz
    I started at 18. Didn't start doing IM full time though until I was 22 - about 2 years before becoming a member of this forum.

    Things started really picking up for me about 3 years ago and it's been getting better and better ever since. I was feeling pretty comfy at 22, and making decent money, but it was service related and I was doing all the work. A much different situation now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ferrari Enzo
    I am 18 but been interested in making money since about 15 years old watching a guy on youtube called king human
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by Ferrari Enzo View Post

      I am 18 but been interested in making money since about 15 years old watching a guy on youtube called king human
      What type of stuff are you doing now. I've seen some King Human stuff. He's not too bad.
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ibaypratama
    Hello jack!
    no you're not the youngest as I'm 18 now haha. But I just started to learn everything about internet marketing and professional blogging and I hope I can be a great internet marketer one day
    cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by ibaypratama View Post

      Hello jack!
      no you're not the youngest as I'm 18 now haha. But I just started to learn everything about internet marketing and professional blogging and I hope I can be a great internet marketer one day
      cheers

      Good stuff buddy. They say getting started is the hardest part! Lets hope in a few years time we are going well!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author conscolor
      Originally Posted by ibaypratama View Post

      Hello jack!
      no you're not the youngest as I'm 18 now haha. But I just started to learn everything about internet marketing and professional blogging and I hope I can be a great internet marketer one day
      cheers
      I have to say is the same
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Javisito
    I started trying to make money online when I was 19 and it took me 9 years until I actually made anything worth mentioning.

    So I guess there's a lot of young people here.

    I'm 32 today though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by Javisito View Post

      I started trying to make money online when I was 19 and it took me 9 years until I actually made anything worth mentioning.

      So I guess there's a lot of young people here.

      I'm 32 today though.
      What did you focus on.how many things did you try before finding success?
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by SnackMemory View Post

    I have a feeling a lot of people on here are younger then 20.
    And that feeling would be correct, i would bet my house that there are a lot more under 18's on this forum than before but they have learned to keep quiet or lie about their age...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114786].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      And that feeling would be correct, i would bet my house that there are a lot more under 18's on this forum than before but they have learned to keep quiet or lie about their age...
      Why do you think they keep quite about their age?
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114788].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

        Why do you think they keep quite about their age?
        See post # 17
        Signature
        Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
        "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
        "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

        "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
        "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conscolor
    I'm 18 years old bro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114796].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack107
      Originally Posted by conscolor View Post

      I'm 18 years old bro
      What projects are you working on or just here to learn!
      Signature
      I am self employed generating leads & sales for small business via Google Ads, SEO & Facebook Ads. Find me at JCOR Digital
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114797].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author conscolor
        Originally Posted by Jack107 View Post

        What projects are you working on or just here to learn!
        amazon affiliate,Adsense etc...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    I'm 4. I must be the youngest.
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freeadsforum
    Probably not, im 22 now but I joined the forums when I was 16 and have been dabbing in and out of internet marketing since I was 14. I was comfortable in terms of income at 17/18 years old but lost my drive but now that I got the passion and fire back I feel like those younger years taught me the basics although it looks like a lot has changed having done a short analysis, the principles remain the same. Like minded people are always a joy to converse with.
    Signature
    WebHatch - We Build Quality Websites and provide SEO/SEM Services Resulting in a Higher ROI For the Building and Construction Industry in Sydney.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115000].message }}

Trending Topics