I have a great idea for newbies. What do you think?

11 replies
So I buy allot of templates and one of the most annoying things I have found is that a majority of them have really shitty code and no tutorials on how to use them other than basic documentation.


So for anyone willing to star this idea up, you would be doing allot of people a favor. Expecially me.

ThemeTuts

Just offer walk through's, pros and cons on themes, tutorials on themes, list their limitations, how to optimize the code etc...Offer an affiliate link to all themes you Tutorialize (don't even know if that's a word), make money!


It's an awesome idea, one than I am not willing to do myself or pay others to do.


So here's a great idea for anyone dedicated to build it. Good luck

#great #idea #newbies
  • might be good might be bad wont know till you try
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10118819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Thanks for the Post. This is how problems get solved and how people can really become very successful by finding solutions to these problems.

      Of course you do not know until you test it.

      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10118827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
    Was the video really necessary!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10118870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AffiliateWaves
      To OP ,its really a good idea ,i think it has good market potential too as most of IMers are using WordPress platform .

      But it will need good time and effort to make it reality .

      Hope some warrior will use your idea or get an inspiration for a better business plan

      Thanks
      Signature

      Need high Quality Expired domains click here to see now

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119067].message }}
      • Originally Posted by AffiliateWaves View Post

        To OP ,its really a good idea ,i think it has good market potential too as most of IMers are using WordPress platform .

        But it will need good time and effort to make it reality .

        Hope some warrior will use your idea or get an inspiration for a better business plan

        Thanks
        Yeah that is exactly why I won't do it. You can always streamline it as much as possible. I am referring to templates bought at theme Forrest. Every template you buy, you get an email for every update.

        You won't technically be writing to much original stuff. You can kind of think about it as writing an amazon review.....
        - Look at all the comments and complaints/list them
        - list all of the updates.
        - you wont really have to do installation videos as you should probably only review themes with good documentation. You can just refer the user to the documentation.

        basically just list everything, provide a link to the demo, provide a link to the item page. Look at the code of the theme and determine if it's optimized etc..

        You can go a hundred ways with this. You can offer a link to your fiverr gig offering a quick fix up to the code or any other minor things etc...


        You can do allot of stuff to make it as easy and as profitable as possible.

        I would definitely buy that fiverr gig.
        Signature

        I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119358].message }}
    • Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

      Was the video really necessary!
      Yes, at the time is was very necessary
      Signature

      I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Carr
    Originally Posted by ProfitFromMyDomain View Post

    So I buy allot of templates and one of the most annoying things I have found is that a majority of them have really shitty code and no tutorials on how to use them other than basic documentation.


    So for anyone willing to star this idea up, you would be doing allot of people a favor. Expecially me.

    ThemeTuts

    Just offer walk through's, pros and cons on themes, tutorials on themes, list their limitations, how to optimize the code etc...Offer an affiliate link to all themes you Tutorialize (don't even know if that's a word), make money!


    It's an awesome idea, one than I am not willing to do myself or pay others to do.


    So here's a great idea for anyone dedicated to build it. Good luck

    Kid Ink - I Just Want It All (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube
    I think it sounds very high maintenance

    The themes and WP would be constantly updating. Plus there are sooooooooooooo many themes out there...

    Think I'll stick to internet marketing

    All the best

    Trevor
    Signature
    Download My FREE Blueprint! How The Laptop Millionaire Started from Scratch and Went from 0 to $5k in Just 30 Days! Instant Access: www.thelaptopmillionaire.net/5k-in-30-days
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10118944].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
      Originally Posted by Trevor Carr View Post

      I think it sounds very high maintenance

      The themes and WP would be constantly updating. Plus there are sooooooooooooo many themes out there...

      Think I'll stick to internet marketing

      All the best

      Trevor
      This!

      Be prepared to have a job because if you want to keep it fresh this will take constant work and updates. Of course, you can also pay people to do that, but either way, it's not a "create and forget" kind of product.

      I made tutorials on Wordpress years ago. I included them in another product I had since it used WP. With the frequent updates to WP, I found I was constantly updating those darn videos to satisfy all the support tickets I used to get about them.

      Finally I removed them. I used to point my members to YouTube, or to another WP tutorial product (with an affiliate link, of course).
      Signature

      Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119089].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
        Does the video have something to do with your post or am I missing something? I never like to miss a teaching moment.
        Signature
        Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
        "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
        "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119150].message }}
        • Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

          Does the video have something to do with your post or am I missing something? I never like to miss a teaching moment.
          At the time and moment I was writing this. The song was definitely relevant.
          Signature

          I would have invented Google and Microsoft if I was born earlier.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10119360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NyNyDanDan
    Maybe...maybe not. Nothing is absolute until one rolls up one's sleeves and applies themselves to make the idea a reality then judge it from there...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10118954].message }}

Trending Topics