Is my idea okay? - Niche Blogging

by nahid7
14 replies
I have started this blog under "first date tips for men" niche Relationship Meaning | All about First Date Tips for Men Is it okay? Can I do well with this? I have written also few articles.
Just wish your comments if I do wrong or do you have any suggestions to earn some more from this site?

(poor English, sorry)
#blogging #idea #niche
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    Standard wordpress blog filled with content, I'm sure you could do well but depends on how you market it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152247].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nahid7
      Do you have any suggestion for me about marketing #butters
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newxxx
    in "the magic of breaking up"

    "actually 100%" to "actually all of us"
    "we are truly always" to "are always"
    "lacks of love" to "lack of love"

    etc

    i'd look at this WSO for marketing ideas:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/other-we...up-emails.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josuevallesponce
    Hello there,

    Your site is nice, but it's not life-chaning.

    You need to focus on develop better content.

    Think about it:

    If there are 1 million articles about the same topic you're covering, why would people read yours?

    You need to make something different and life-changing.

    Also, you need to focus on build a loyal audience. It seems like nobody reads your content. Focus on content promotion.

    If you focus on both great content and content promotion you'll be fine in the long run.

    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newxxx
    also ... get several different ways to monetize the site

    like being an affiliate for cupid.com or eharmony.com

    and also adding appropriate clickbank.com or jvzoo.com products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LaunchPurveyor
    I'd review some Clickbank products and post those reviews on your site. Also, plan on starting an email list if you haven't already.
    Signature
    [New WSO]
    Create Fully-Functional WordPress Sites In Mere SECONDS With
    Only A Few Clicks Of Your Mouse Using This Powerful WP Plugin!
    >> CLICK HERE <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152523].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nahid7
      Originally Posted by LaunchPurveyor View Post

      I'd review some Clickbank products and post those reviews on your site. Also, plan on starting an email list if you haven't already.
      I want to discuss with you. Sent you message.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10153454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nmwf
    Originally Posted by nahid7 View Post

    (poor English, sorry)
    Yeah - you might want to fix that. I truly admire the attempt, though.
    Signature
    Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
    First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Agree with nmfw - with a blog you are trying to accomplish 3 things:

    1. Capture the attention of your visitor - you only a few seconds to do that before they click away
    2. Draw them into the content to the point where they feel you really know your stuff and it is relevant to you
    3. Get your reader to take action - such as read more, sign up to a list, click on an ad or click through to buy something from you (affiliate or of your own)

    Keep these 3 objectives in mind with every piece of content you post. For #2 to work, you really need to make sure your communication with English readers (assuming you are mainly pulling traffic from NA) is critical or you will lose them. I would highly recommend you run your content through an editor (find them on Fiverr or other freelance sites) or have them generate the content for you based on an outline you provide them. In the end, it will be worth it.

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nahid7
      Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

      Agree with nmfw - with a blog you are trying to accomplish 3 things:

      1. Capture the attention of your visitor - you only a few seconds to do that before they click away
      2. Draw them into the content to the point where they feel you really know your stuff and it is relevant to you
      3. Get your reader to take action - such as read more, sign up to a list, click on an ad or click through to buy something from you (affiliate or of your own)

      Keep these 3 objectives in mind with every piece of content you post. For #2 to work, you really need to make sure your communication with English readers (assuming you are mainly pulling traffic from NA) is critical or you will lose them. I would highly recommend you run your content through an editor (find them on Fiverr or other freelance sites) or have them generate the content for you based on an outline you provide them. In the end, it will be worth it.

      Jeff
      Thank you so much ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10153449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    You might want to format your blog for maximum readability

    Also, including more graphics and diagrams would help

    The key is to stand out from the competition
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10152583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Experito
    This niche is so competitive - unless there is an indeed fantastic idea behind your blogposts - you will most likely get lost among hundreds of alike websites...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10153459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Highway55
    Your "Idea" is okay. Your execution is not.

    Ideally, when you pick a keyword angle at which to promote your site you "stick" with that angle as your site's theme. Your Title Tag says "All About First Date Tips For Men" but your articles are all over the place about general dating and saving a relationship.

    Why would somebody seeking first day tips want to buy a book about Making Up? It's a pretty big stretch.
    Signature



    $1 'Set-it And Forget-it' IM Email Series
    With A Multiple Sales Conversion Guarantee!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10154625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nahid7
      Originally Posted by Highway55 View Post

      Your "Idea" is okay. Your execution is not.

      Ideally, when you pick a keyword angle at which to promote your site you "stick" with that angle as your site's theme. Your Title Tag says "All About First Date Tips For Men" but your articles are all over the place about general dating and saving a relationship.

      Why would somebody seeking first day tips want to buy a book about Making Up? It's a pretty big stretch.
      Thanks, I will correct those. Actually I wrote them previously.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10155046].message }}

Trending Topics