a few questions on solo ads

13 replies
so im almost finished with my funnel and follow ups.
and im ready to buy my 1st solo ad, need some guidance.

1. how do i track the solo ad, how will i know how many clicks, opt-ins, will i have only from the solo ad?
2. my squeeze page doesnt look good on mobile, and i personally prefer desktop users to enter the page, is there a way to improve the stats on getting mostly desktop users?
3. will i need to write the swipe message?
4. best places to buy solo ads, i heard facebook groups "solo ad testimonials" is a good place.
5. anymore tips will be welcome,

thanks!
#ads #questions #solo
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    1) The best way to track opt-in rates with a solo ad, is to create a unique web form for each solo ad you take out. That way the statistics are 100% isolated, and you won't have to spend a fortune on tracking tools or even worse spend years of your life messing with extra lines of excess code.

    2) Talk to your solo ad vendor. Ask them what % of mobile customers they get. Ideally, you could setup something like ClickMagick and have all of your mobile users diverted to something else entirely. (I just said how you don't need a tracker, but opt-in tracking is still best used with a unique web form in my opinion. ClickMagick is great for diverting mobile users to a secondary page though, and ClickMagick rocks for other stuff too).

    3) Swift message... What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about your solo ad swipe?

    4) I avoid Facebook groups. Statistically, there are too many scammers "out in the wild" and there's no governing authority at all. Instead, I have relied on Udimi.com in the past because their traffic is 100% guaranteed and have some of the toughest "fraudulent traffic" detection in the market, on record. (The solo vendors themselves often get irritated at how tough the filters are on Udimi.com haha). And if you get ripped off, you can easily ask for a traffic audit, and if they find wrong doing you get your money back.

    5) Buy small, test, and scale big. Also... And this one is key... Make sure your squeeze page converts GREATER THAN 45%, and split test like mad until you get >=45%. Preferably, >=65%.

    You might be wondering if I'm qualified to give this advice...

    Well I'm a Hall Of Fame member on Udimi.com and also an officially ranked "solo ad buyer", so there you have it.



    I wish you the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilite
      Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

      1) The best way to track opt-in rates with a solo ad, is to create a unique web form for each solo ad you take out. That way the statistics are 100% isolated, and you won't have to spend a fortune on tracking tools or even worse spend years of your life messing with extra lines of excess code.

      2) Talk to your solo ad vendor. Ask them what % of mobile customers they get. Ideally, you could setup something like ClickMagick and have all of your mobile users diverted to something else entirely. (I just said how you don't need a tracker, but opt-in tracking is still best used with a unique web form in my opinion. ClickMagick is great for diverting mobile users to a secondary page though, and ClickMagick rocks for other stuff too).

      3) Swift message... What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about your solo ad swipe?

      4) I avoid Facebook groups. Statistically, there are too many scammers "out in the wild" and there's no governing authority at all. Instead, I have relied on Udimi.com in the past because their traffic is 100% guaranteed and have some of the toughest "fraudulent traffic" detection on the market, on record. (The solo vendors themselves often get irritated at how tough the filters are on Udimi.com haha). And if you get ripped off, you can easily ask for a traffic audit, and if they find wrong doing you get your money back.

      5) Buy small, test, and scale big. Also... And this one is key... Make sure your squeeze page converts GREATER THAN 45%, and split test like mad until you get >=45%. Preferably, >=65%.

      You might be wondering if I'm qualified to give this advice...

      Well I'm a Hall Of Fame member on Udimi.com and also an officially ranked "solo ad buyer", so there you have it.



      I wish you the best.
      Awesome, thanks a lot!
      can you be more specific on unique web forms? what do you mean exactly, lets say my link is a clickfunnel squeeze page, what now?
      and yes i mean swipe, my bad

      thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191543].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
        Originally Posted by Devilite View Post

        Awesome, thanks a lot!
        can you be more specific on unique web forms? what do you mean exactly, lets say my link is a clickfunnel squeeze page, what now?
        and yes i mean swipe, my bad

        thanks!
        The unique web form I refer to is actually an opt-in form. It must be from your autoresponder company.

        So if you have Aweber, and take out 10 solo ads, you would create 10 unique web forms in aweber and assign each web form to a solo ad.

        That way, you can track your data on the web form and it will be 100% accurate. You could even track sales in this way if you wanted to if your sales tracking allows you to see which email address bought.

        ;]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    Thank you for Udimi For some reason I didn`t know anything about them You say they`re 100% reliable ?
    Signature
    I Use SiteGround For Hosting
    And SpinRewriter For Unlimited, Unique Content.
    Try Them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
      Originally Posted by mrgoe View Post

      Thank you for Udimi For some reason I didn`t know anything about them You say they`re 100% reliable ?
      I'm too quirky to say that anything man made is 100% reliable.

      But they have the best guarantee - if you get ripped off and sent "Bot" traffic, you don't pay.

      Try getting those guarantees by some shady dude out in the wild?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191609].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The IM Institute
        Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

        I'm too quirky to say that anything man made is 100% reliable.

        Doesn't make you quirky, makes you intelligent.

        ...for the record there are many, many NOT so shady solo ad sellers on facebook.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KashKhullar
    Hi,
    Well if you want to advance track your complete funnel and links, i would recommend you to use the software Clickmagic or Quick quality control. Both of them are great tracking softwares where you can not only track the links but also can set up rotators maximizing your revenue.

    Facebook Groups are good for Solo Ads But you have to make sure to check testimonials before buying them up.

    Hope this helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaolinsteve
    Originally Posted by Devilite View Post

    1. how do i track the solo ad, how will i know how many clicks, opt-ins, will i have only from the solo ad?
    Get yourself a tracking tool. If you're looking to take your business seriously and invest in solo ads for quite some time, then I would personally suggest paying for something that's going to save you a heck of a lot of hassle and money. By all means drop me a PM. We can go through your offer and see what would be most ideal.


    2. My squeeze page doesnt look good on mobile, and i personally prefer desktop users to enter the page, is there a way to improve the stats on getting mostly desktop users?[/QUOTE]
    That can be filtered by advance tracking tools and the likes of PPC. In other cases, you've just got to adjust because mobile users are not going to slow down...

    Mobile Now Exceeds PC: The Biggest Shift Since the Internet Began | SEW


    3. Will i need to write the swipe message?[/QUOTE]
    Not always. In most cases your swipe will never be used anyway. The majority of solo ad providers these days, use short broad emails that get the best open rates, click through rates and are somewhat in relation to the offers currently setup in the rotator. Unless your purchase a solo ad from a blogger, the chances of getting an exact copy of your swipe going out will be rather slim these days.


    4. Best places to buy solo ads, i heard facebook groups "solo ad testimonials" is a good place.[/QUOTE]
    Sure. But always get in contact with those that leave the testimonials. Same thing goes when buying from a page. Get in contact with those customers who've left testimonials and see if it's genuine and ideally see whether they are a repeat customer.


    Originally Posted by Devilite View Post

    Can you be more specific on unique web forms? what do you mean exactly, lets say my link is a clickfunnel squeeze page, what now? And yes i mean swipe, my bad
    I think he's simply referring to a custom built squeeze page. In other words, if you're in a business opportunity... NEVER use the company squeeze page that they provide you with. 1st reason... after mass promotion these pages kill conversions dramatically, and the 2nd reason is that this is your traffic cost. You need to build your list and that way you'll have plenty of opportunities to re-market and help your list build a profitable business or whatever it is they need help with. If you have a click funnels squeeze page, then you're in good hands.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
    Why do you want to buy solo ads when you can buy traffic at the same rates from Facebook without the risks involved with solo ads?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191909].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
        Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

        Solo Ads aren't for everyone, and they definitely have risks. That being said, the two foremost advantages to solo ad traffic are reliability and consistency.

        1) Reliability. You'll never have your "solo ad account" banned for taking out an ad that's not within some "terms of service". This occurs frequently with Facebook Ads. (Never to me, but a few of my colleagues have been outright banned from Facebook ads (and Google Ads) for promoting Internet marketing related products).

        2) Consistency. Facebook traffic pricing just isn't consistent or reliable, it's hugely variable, is it not? Especially for the "Internet marketing" niche. With Solo Ads, you know precisely how much traffic you're getting, and you can bank on consistent pricing.

        Just my $.02, and am replying because I'm bored. Not trying to argue with anyone lol.

        Later
        You are on spot regarding #1.

        #2 However...

        FB pricing is quite reliable, BUT it depends... If IM=Biz Op prices vary on a daily basis plus you will HAVE your account banned sooner or later...

        This shouldn´t be an issue however since most successful marketers that can afford paid traffic aren't advertising scammy looking "how to make $453 a day WITHOUT ANY WORK" offers.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191913].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
          Originally Posted by Max Anderson View Post

          You are on spot regarding #1.

          #2 However...

          FB pricing is quite reliable, BUT it depends... If IM=Biz Op prices vary on a daily basis plus you will HAVE your account banned sooner or later...

          This shouldn´t be an issue however since most successful marketers that can afford paid traffic aren't advertising scammy looking "how to make $453 a day WITHOUT ANY WORK" offers.
          I retracted my statement and was going to change some of its content, but you beat me to the punch.

          You sir have crackerjack timing... It must be in the reflexes.

          ;]

          Stay cool
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191924].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
            Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

            I retracted my statement and was going to change some of its content, but you beat me to the punch.

            ;]

            Stay cool
            Sorry if I offended you or if you feel attacked

            It wasn´t meant this way...

            However solo ads are a topic that gets me in "attack mode".

            Due to the fact that they are only so popular on this forum, because there are people here making a living selling $7 reports and some of them don´t like to put in any work so they just recommend solo ads as an easy means of getting traffic.

            Even through you need a rock-solid funnel to turn a profit from them (which almost no beginner or intermediate will be able to build).
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191935].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
              Originally Posted by Max Anderson View Post

              Sorry if I offended you or if you feel attacked

              It wasn´t meant this way...

              However solo ads are a topic that gets me in "attack mode".

              Due to the fact that they are only so popular on this forum, because there are people here making a living selling $7 reports and some of them don´t like to put in any work so they just recommend solo ads as an easy means of getting traffic.

              Even through you need a rock-solid funnel to turn a profit from them (which almost no beginner or intermediate will be able to build).
              It's all good man.

              I was making a Big Trouble in Little China reference. I'm a big fan of Mr. Jack Burton.



              Stay cool...

              PS: I agree solo ads have a bad reputation as a "Get rich quick and easy" type thing.

              The reality is that solo ads require work, dedication, split testing and focus for any sort of desired results.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10191942].message }}

Trending Topics