However, I have learned a few things in the last 2 years. I'm just shooting from the hip here, and I'm just going to run off quick ideas, and some quotes I feel really apply to internet marketing, and often to internet business in general.
1. Work. Get off your ass and work. I don't care if you are tired, your wife is a little upset, the guys want a beer, you dont think it will happen. Shut up and work. Unless your a bloody genius, only work will get you to your goals.
2. Don't ask for less problems, ask for more skills.
3. Wealth attracts wealth. Associate yourself with big players in your niche, your market, or just in general. Don't cling to them, don't ride off them, but being near them and just talking business will make you money in one way or another. This is very intangible and seems far off, but just trust me.
4. Aim for the moon, it's a big target. Never settle with what you have, keep building and building and growing. In highschool, I was making over $1,000 a week with adsense. I thought I had it made forever. WRONG! Things change!
5. When it comes to internet marketing and making money online, the internet has MORE WRONG, OUTDATED, and DOWNRIGHT USELESS information than it does RELEVANT information. $49 products don't have that information either, 99% of the time. Want to know how to do something? Find someone currently doing it, and ASK THEM. Offer a skill or service and do what it takes!
6. Don't cut financial corners! Don't spend money on stupid stuff, just because you had a big payday. Take some friends out for drinks, maybe a small vacation, don't do anything dumb with your money. I'm wearing a watch right now that should have been in a money market account somewhere.
7. Take risks. Never be afraid to fail. If you go bust and and wind up homeless, it'll just feel better when your on top again. (note, this applies to us without kids, or very serious obligations, but even then educated risks)
I'll end this with my favorite quote of all time:
"If you work on your job, you could make a living. If you work on yourself, you could make a fortune'.