1 month in £10 income

15 replies
Hi All,

I have been on and off of IM for years. I would spend a lot of time online, watching tutorials, reading blogs about how to make money and drive traffic to your website.
It maybe that i gave up too early or maybe it was just bad advise.

Anyway, I have decided to give it another crack, I spent ages looking through clickbank, to find that it is just full of rubbish. This wasn't going to work for me.

So I decided to create a website on golf. Not so much a niche and there is a lot of competition, however it is genuine.

The site is nearthepin.com and has only been live for about 6 weeks, but is starting to bring in small amounts for Adsense and Amazon. I'm getting around 3000 unique visitors a month and 18,000 page views, I am struggling to increase this number.

Do you have any tips or advice, that you would recommend implementing into the site now to help it expand?

I have set aside the next 4 months to dedicate on trying to grow and build the website, i just need focus and guidance.

Any advice or review would be great.

Thanks
#£10 #income #month
  • Profile picture of the author keiran
    Do you know where your current visitors come from in terms of traffic sources?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10238554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tonester
      For you to make sales, people must know, like and trust you. People just won't to to your website and buy what you recommend if they don't.

      So, you should be "out there" in he marketplace. That is, join forums in your niche and post there. Be active on social media with those people, facebook, twitter, etc. etc. Give advice in your niche. It's OK to ask questions too, but you want to be an authority, so share your knowledge with people.

      The more you do this, the more you will get people to know, like and trust you. Yes, it's a lot of work in the beginning, but for a couple of weeks/months, to get this reputation built up, will give you a big advantage.

      Also, be working on more traffic to your site. Your social presence will help with that, but if you can afford it, pay for some traffic too.

      Hope that helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10238735].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        As you grow your site, you might want to consider the easyazon plugin. With this plugin you will be able to know where your visitors are from and it will automatically make your amazon links to there specific countries. for example, if you have a visitor from canada all amazon links will go to .ca, US visitors to .com etc. etc.

        al
        Signature

        A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239056].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author walsh259
          Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

          As you grow your site, you might want to consider the easyazon plugin. With this plugin you will be able to know where your visitors are from and it will automatically make your amazon links to there specific countries. for example, if you have a visitor from canada all amazon links will go to .ca, US visitors to .com etc. etc.

          al
          Thank you for the tip, I will try this.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240501].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author walsh259
      Originally Posted by keiran View Post

      Do you know where your current visitors come from in terms of traffic sources?
      According to the analytic:
      38% is from social
      34% Direct
      23% organic search
      6% referal

      For the social
      65% facebook
      26% linkedin
      8% reddit
      1% twitter.

      Is this what you was referring to?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author munir ahmed
    In my experience visitors are most important but to make sale you need a plan, what i mean is to have and prepared what and how you will sell to your targeted customers. The best way of selling is to build an email list and build a relation ship with them. Something called KLT.

    K-KNOW
    L-LIKE
    T-TRUST

    Once you understand how you can make customers KLT you then the sales will come for you rather then you chase the people.

    There are 2 ways to bring traffic
    1/ FREE TRAFFIC
    2/ PAID TRAFFIC

    Number 1 sound good but i Free traffic is just a name. I call it time investment which i believe time is also money and i don't consider it free. for this type of method you need to be cosistance and work to build traffic the correct way. best way for me is to socialize on other blogs and contents.

    Number 2 is the best and fast way to bring traffic. Why do i say best because if done correctly you can buy traffic that are targeted traffic. the people who are interested in your niche. There is no time to invest but to pay and get traffic.

    I understand that many people can not afford to buy traffic so number 1 is more ideal for them and they should work towards it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author walsh259
      Originally Posted by munir ahmed View Post

      In my experience visitors are most important but to make sale you need a plan, what i mean is to have and prepared what and how you will sell to your targeted customers. The best way of selling is to build an email list and build a relation ship with them. Something called KLT.

      K-KNOW
      L-LIKE
      T-TRUST

      Once you understand how you can make customers KLT you then the sales will come for you rather then you chase the people.

      There are 2 ways to bring traffic
      1/ FREE TRAFFIC
      2/ PAID TRAFFIC

      Number 1 sound good but i Free traffic is just a name. I call it time investment which i believe time is also money and i don't consider it free. for this type of method you need to be cosistance and work to build traffic the correct way. best way for me is to socialize on other blogs and contents.

      Number 2 is the best and fast way to bring traffic. Why do i say best because if done correctly you can buy traffic that are targeted traffic. the people who are interested in your niche. There is no time to invest but to pay and get traffic.

      I understand that many people can not afford to buy traffic so number 1 is more ideal for them and they should work towards it.

      Thank you for your advice, Where would you recommend for paid traffic?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kilgore
    Originally Posted by walsh259 View Post

    I'm getting around 3000 unique visitors a month and 18,000 page views, I am struggling to increase this number.
    What do those 3,000 visitors say you should do? Do they email you, contact you on social media? Which parts of your site do they most respond to? What are your most popular pages? What is your competition doing that you think you can do better?

    Sure you can ask for strategic advice from a bunch of strangers on a public forum -- strangers who if they're like me know little about golf and care even less. Or you can make sure that you've got the proper feedback channels in place so that you can actually listen to your customers -- because my guess they know far better what they want and need than anyone on the WF.

    For instance, right now I don't see any comments on any of your articles; I don't see any email address or contact form; I don't see any links to Twitter or Facebook or any other way that someone might be able to send you a message. Are you actively trying to not know what your customers want?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ankit7868
      You might have seen your friends on Whatsapp & Facebook requesting you to download some apps using their promo code. In such cases, company gets unique customers and in turn your friend gets reward with some amount. That’s how affiliate program actually works! I’m enlisting best affiliate Indian programs to earn money below
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240503].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author walsh259
      Originally Posted by kilgore View Post

      What do those 3,000 visitors say you should do? Do they email you, contact you on social media? Which parts of your site do they most respond to? What are your most popular pages? What is your competition doing that you think you can do better?

      Sure you can ask for strategic advice from a bunch of strangers on a public forum -- strangers who if they're like me know little about golf and care even less. Or you can make sure that you've got the proper feedback channels in place so that you can actually listen to your customers -- because my guess they know far better what they want and need than anyone on the WF.

      For instance, right now I don't see any comments on any of your articles; I don't see any email address or contact form; I don't see any links to Twitter or Facebook or any other way that someone might be able to send you a message. Are you actively trying to not know what your customers want?
      Hi,

      Thank you for your input, I have now added a contact tab in the sidebar.
      As for comments, i do get a couple of comments but mostly spam. i have the setting set to, needs approval before the comment is show. would you remove this?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240539].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dustinthigpen
        Originally Posted by walsh259 View Post

        Hi,

        Thank you for your input, I have now added a contact tab in the sidebar.
        As for comments, i do get a couple of comments but mostly spam. i have the setting set to, needs approval before the comment is show. would you remove this?
        Hi,

        Jumping in on the conversation here...

        I would leave the comment settings like it is. Just make sure you check it often to approve the good/real customer comments. Otherwise, your comment section could blow up with spam. Just be sure, as others have said here, to engage with your customers/visitors.

        Even in your articles, be sure to give a "Call To Action" to comment, ask questions, etc, to get feedback from them. It's as simple as saying something like this at the end of your article -

        "Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think about this"

        Or

        "What do think? Do you agree with me? Let me know in the comments below!"

        Most people love to share their opinion and just need a little prompting...
        Signature

        Did I help you?
        Get even more help in my free Facebook coaching group!
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/successwithdustin/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240559].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author howardsells
          whats the best method for paid traffic
          facebook
          google ads
          solo ads
          what do you use with success?
          Signature

          Bad Robot

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10240560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnnyFanta
    Have you tried buiding an email list and then like others have said, start building some trust with your followers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Are you doing any lead generation? 3,000 uniques per month can convert into a lot of subscribers for you on autopilot. However you can squeeze opt-in email marketing into your site, do it. I think this will begin to solve your income problems from your site.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lyfe Lyte
    nice site...by the way..this site will never fail....only you will...you can make as little...or as much as you want with it....

    I would get massive on Fb...get your fb going if you already don't build your audience thru there..so do promoted post...do campaigns to get likes etc...I've found even in competitive high value areas like yours I can still get .01 clicks to the website...So promote some of your more popular articles with fb ads...Do a super catch title and very stand out image...can even use fbs provided images thru the search...

    Do both of those things on a steady basis and tweak things..NO reason this site can't be massive for you....too many people have great ideas...then change it after a month..or even a day...

    If you focus on this one site all year..then master a traffic source...lets say fb ads...grow your fan page etc...you can smash it...6 months left ...have at it....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10239763].message }}

Trending Topics