procrastination and even despite my laziness...
Days 1-3 -
Fully researched a niche market and product potential.
Outlined a digital product.
First 2 weeks -
- Developed the eBook
- wrote the sales letter from scratch
- Purchased domain
- Created graphics
- Uploaded all material to root of domain
- Wrote 7 unique articles and submitted to
3rd week -
- Hunted down potential JV partners
- Set up payment processing, product delivery
- Set up in-house affiliate program and all marketing
material for JV partners
- Contacted all JV prospects
- 1 JV partner DYING to work with me.
(so quickly set up his account and sent out video/written
instructions on how to get started making money)
- 1st article finally gets approved by Ezine articles.
This sends me 22 visitors
- Out of 22 visitors, I already make my first sale.
That's a conversion rate of 4.55%
The reason I decided to post this?
1. I wanted to prove to myself that I could set up a
profitable business in any industry that I chose
(depending on market research)...without having to
rely on selling marketing products to marketers. I've
done this once in another NON IM industry, with
conversions of 2% on average over 12 months...
....and this is my second shot and looks like I am heading
in the same direction. That's a success rate of 100% over
Heck, if I can hit two home runs in two completely
different industries, maybe I actually could create a
product teaching other people how to do this stuff
(and actually feel good about doing so)
2. I wanted to show/inspire people that learning is the
key, but taking action is the hand that turns it through
the lock. Use your own intelligence and creativity and
don't follow the latest cheap trick.
3. I wanted to see if I could break into a market outside
of my usual remit. I did. How? I researched, gathered info,
interviewed experts and even paid a young lady $50 on
Elance.com to do a wonderful job of rewriting a huge ball
ache load of content to substantiate the main product.
I then added bonuses, genuine urgency and a little pre-selling
and the rest is history...I've literally doubled my income in
under 4 weeks.
...and that's before my first JV partner even got his account
I hope YOU take action and start shutting out the whiners and
lazy fools that pollute your chances of success.
Some advice from the trenches:
- Take time off when you're most excited about your business.
You'll be on FIRE when you get back after a day off
- Outsource the stuff that you will make a cock up of/
hash through (if you even finish it at all)
- Never think that you're too small to work with a big player
(we all put our trousers/pants on one leg at a time, and
we all crap stinkers in the morning)
- Do not let this forum consume your time. Let Xbox 360
eat your free time instead. (This is a place to network and
learn, not "relax". Once you realize the difference, you'll feel
10 years younger and more pumped to start work each day)
- Learn, but don't procrastinate. Take action, it works.
- Throw it up and see if it sticks. Who cares if someone asks
for a refund? 90 other people will love what you've sold them...
Another side tip:
Reduce refunds by following up with a couple of emails. Make
sure you offer your TIME to people who really need it. Some
people will scoff at such a thought, but your time and personal
email address is a god send to most of your customers...and
most are just happy in the knowledge that you're a real human.