Some things about clickbank I just don't understand.

18 replies
I've been promoting 'The Venus Factor' for a couple of months, and I've been doing quite well with it, made over $1500. Anyway, I picked this particular product to promote because the initial sale commission was quite good AND it said it has recurring billing. When I made the sales apparently I got quite a few subscriptions for $79.00 a month from each person, but when the time came around for that recurring payment, I got nothing at all. So I contacted clickbank support and I was told that I'm actually making nothing out of the recurring payments, it's all going to the vendor.

If so, then what is the point in telling affiliates that it has recurring billing. They make it seem like it's some kind of bonus for promoting their product. But it's really no different than promoting a product with no recurring billing.
#clickbank #things #understand
  • Profile picture of the author MilesBaker
    Yeah, sounds kind of bogus to me. I'd ask them directly what their EXACT payout structure is. They should be able to tell you. If they cannot answer then promote a different but similar product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SolutionSecrets
    It's NOT a bogus.. fyi..

    The vendors has the option for affiliate to earn recurring comm...
    Based on your product that you sell, it seems that the vendor chose that he kept ALL the money for himself..

    90% vendors does pay out recurring commission.. just prolly not this vendor you're promoting...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karmadog
      Originally Posted by SolutionSecrets View Post

      It's NOT a bogus.. fyi..

      The vendors has the option for affiliate to earn recurring comm...
      Based on your product that you sell, it seems that the vendor chose that he kept ALL the money for himself..

      90% vendors does pay out recurring commission.. just prolly not this vendor you're promoting...
      If they aren't going to pay affiliates recurring commissions then they shouldn't have the blue circular arrows under the product. Simple as that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279674].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SolutionSecrets
        Originally Posted by karmadog View Post

        If they aren't going to pay affiliates recurring commissions then they shouldn't have the blue circular arrows under the product. Simple as that.
        I would suggest u contact the vendor directly.. talk to them.. else tell them they just lost an affiliate..

        Below statement are taken out from clickbank support.. for vendors..

        "Commissions range from 1% to 75% and are determined by the vendor of the product. The minimum commission for a single sale is $0.25, and the maximum is $150.00. If you are listing a recurring billing product, affiliates will earn commission for the initial payment and all additional rebill payments. If a recurring billing product or subscription is canceled, no future commissions will be awarded. "
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279685].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author karmadog
          Originally Posted by SolutionSecrets View Post

          I would suggest u contact the vendor directly.. talk to them.. else tell them they just lost an affiliate..

          Below statement are taken out from clickbank support.. for vendors..

          "Commissions range from 1% to 75% and are determined by the vendor of the product. The minimum commission for a single sale is $0.25, and the maximum is $150.00. If you are listing a recurring billing product, affiliates will earn commission for the initial payment and all additional rebill payments. If a recurring billing product or subscription is canceled, no future commissions will be awarded. "
          So in other words they were supposed to pay me the recurring commissions but decided not to?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MilesBaker
      Originally Posted by SolutionSecrets View Post

      It's NOT a bogus.. fyi..

      The vendors has the option for affiliate to earn recurring comm...
      Based on your product that you sell, it seems that the vendor chose that he kept ALL the money for himself..

      90% vendors does pay out recurring commission.. just prolly not this vendor you're promoting...
      It is bogus if they state they pay out commissions but they don't, or they are misleading affiliates.

      Yes, the vendor can choose to do whatever they like, but if they advertise recurring commissions but don't actually pay them then that's misleading.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leilani
    Thanks for this post.

    I am using Clickbank for my products and it did not occur to inquire about the recurring commission.

    I will be doing that as part of my Mode of Operation for Clickbank Products that have recurring commissions.

    Thanks again.

    Leilani
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinQuintero
    Originally Posted by karmadog View Post

    I've been promoting 'The Venus Factor' for a couple of months, and I've been doing quite well with it, made over $1500. Anyway, I picked this particular product to promote because the initial sale commission was quite good AND it said it has recurring billing. When I made the sales apparently I got quite a few subscriptions for $79.00 a month from each person, but when the time came around for that recurring payment, I got nothing at all. So I contacted clickbank support and I was told that I'm actually making nothing out of the recurring payments, it's all going to the vendor.

    If so, then what is the point in telling affiliates that it has recurring billing. They make it seem like it's some kind of bonus for promoting their product. But it's really no different than promoting a product with no recurring billing.
    Sounds like they used clever phrasing. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that and inquire about payouts before promoting!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KyleMallory
    I'm fairly certain they just have it set to not pay affiliates the recurring billing. I know clickbank says it does, but obviously, the only other excuse is that clickbank is broken, which doesn't right. The vendor doesn't have the option to not pay an affiliate, they don't have any control. The customer pays clickbank, then clickbank pays the vendor and affiliate.

    I'm fairly certain an affiliate marketplace would give the vendor the option of paying recurring commissions or not.
    Signature

    __________
    |
    \_________O(--)O_________/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Boris Qs
      I think contacting the vendor directly will help solve the problem.head over to the affiliate page there most be a contact info there send them a mail.
      Signature
      Learning and Growing as an Affiliate Marketer with My Secrete Tube Mechanic Notes
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10279736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SLIMEDIA
    if that what happen why not to try promoting other similar products, you should be fine with this choice since there is so many other products.
    Signature
    FREE SYSTEM
    Would You Like to Have a System That Works
    For You and Earns You Tens of Thousand Dollars a Month
    Nearly on Autopilot? if Yes Click This Link Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    I am not a vendor, and I do not promote "subscription" products. but to add another layer to this question, When you make the initial purchase of a product you are actually purchasing from clickbank, are all subsequent recurring payments made to clickbank or are they to the vendor directly?

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wayne
    If they're not paying commissions on recurring billing, then they need to have their listing changed in
    the Clickbank marketplace:

    ****
    The Venus Factor: The Legacy Continues. (view mobile)
    Absolute Media Monster. Over $40 Million Paid Out As Of June 2015. $100k/day Possible. Build Long Term Campaigns And Enjoy The Gravy Wagon. Please Read Tos Here: Venus Factor

    Avg $/sale
    $55.45
    Stats: Initial $/sale: $38.26 | Avg %/sale: 88.0% | Avg Rebill Total: $56.23 | Avg %/rebill: 75.0% | Grav: 211.81
    Cat: Health & Fitness : Diets & Weight Loss
    ****
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280665].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      I am not a vendor, and I do not promote "subscription" products. but to add another layer to this question, When you make the initial purchase of a product you are actually purchasing from clickbank, are all subsequent recurring payments made to clickbank or are they to the vendor directly?

      al
      All payments are made to ClickBank.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ClickBank
      There are a number of questions and points of debate in this thread for which I can offer some clarity.

      From karmadog:
      If they aren't going to pay affiliates recurring commissions then they shouldn't have the blue circular arrows under the product. Simple as that.
      Each marketplace listing represents the entirety of a given ClickBank vendor account. Each account can have up to 500 different products for sale with a mixture of physical products, subscription products and single purchase products. In addition, vendors can use our shopping cart feature to sell multiple line items in a single transaction, not to mention sales through Pitch Plus upsells etc. The marketplace listing statistics and the circular blue arrows (along with the other icons) represent the variations of those products that vendor offers to consumers. The statistics represent the blended averages for the entire product set in the vendor's account. Some products may pay higher commission rates than others which is why the average $/rebill statistic is a non-zero value.

      From KyleMallory:
      I'm fairly certain they just have it set to not pay affiliates the recurring billing. I know clickbank says it does, but obviously, the only other excuse is that clickbank is broken, which doesn't right. The vendor doesn't have the option to not pay an affiliate, they don't have any control. The customer pays clickbank, then clickbank pays the vendor and affiliate.

      I'm fairly certain an affiliate marketplace would give the vendor the option of paying recurring commissions or not.
      Our platform offers vendors the ability to configure commission payouts in multiple ways. They can choose to offer no (0%) commission, or up to a maximum of 100% commission. We also permit vendors to configure exclusive whitelists which only pay affiliates that have been added by the vendor. They can also configure commission tiers which pay one set of affiliates a different (higher or lower) rate per sale than another set of affiliates. The ability to exceed the 75% default maximum commission rate is a feature that is available for select clients.

      Vendors may also set their commissions to be the same for all products or vary per product. On subscription products, they can offer a different commission rate for initial sales versus rebills. It sounds like this particular sale was against a product that had an initial commission payout, but no commission payouts on the rebills. Lastly, vendors can configure different commission payouts for products sold in an upsell flow versus sold as an initial sale or even in a shopping cart purchase with more than one line item.

      From MilesBaker:
      Yes, the vendor can choose to do whatever they like, but if they advertise recurring commissions but don't actually pay them then that's misleading.
      Just to put a bow on it, the marketplace icons are reflective of the product types and commissions paid across all products in the account. If the vendor is advertising recurring commissions on their own affiliate tools page, hosted on their website, that is a different case and affiliates should contact the vendor to learn the specifics of promoting their accounts.

      From agmccall:
      I am not a vendor, and I do not promote "subscription" products. but to add another layer to this question, When you make the initial purchase of a product you are actually purchasing from clickbank, are all subsequent recurring payments made to clickbank or are they to the vendor directly?
      All payments made by consumers for any product on the ClickBank platform, including the rebill payments via credit card, PayPal, etc., are sold by ClickBank and charged by our merchant account. No payments are made directly to vendors by consumers.

      I hope this has been helpful.
      The ClickBank Team
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10280833].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author karmadog
        Why must it be so complicated. Should be more straight forward and tell you whether or not each individual product has recurring billing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10281035].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author professorrosado
          Originally Posted by karmadog View Post

          Why must it be so complicated. Should be more straight forward and tell you whether or not each individual product has recurring billing.
          But your question is not concerning rebilling but recurring commissions.
          You have already stated that the customer is being rebilled, therefore, the customer chose the product option which is a recurring subscription.

          Your issue is whether or not the vendor pays a commission on a particular subscription product which may not be what you're promoting - it is what the customer chose. So if you are promoting the Venus product as you plainly see it, it doesn't mean that the buyer opted for that product "version", maybe they purchased another option during checkout (up-sell, down-sell, discounted sale, etc.) which does not pay you a recurring commission.

          In either case, as was stated by the CB rep, the indicators cover the product "set" which means that one or more "options" are re-billable and may /or may not be commissionable.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10281956].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Winthorpe32
            Hi.

            I am still a little confused when it comes to using the rebilling stats to make a good product choice.

            The CB rep said that these figures represent the vendor's entire 'product set'. Does this mean all of the vendor's products, or only those in a smaller set that are directly related to the purchased product?

            If, as I suspect, it means all the vendor's products, is it likely that sending one of our own subscribers to a product that has no rebilling options will result in cross-sales with the same vendor and possibly result in rebill commissions from other products in the vendor's set?

            If this is unlikely, is there a way, without contacting the vendor, to get stats out of clickbank that tell us which are the best products to promote for good rebill commissions?

            It sounds as if the OP has hit an area that could happen to any of us where we are choosing a product because we think it has high rebill commission, but in fact contains none because it is one or more of the vendor's other products that carry the rebill commission. Which would make the rebill information ambiguous at best.

            Have I misunderstood?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10585339].message }}

Trending Topics