To return to the Warriors, here is what I have been implementing for the last 9 weeks.
I have been doing list swaps with list owners.
What does it means?
If James has a list of 1800, we can do ad swaps. This means we fix a day and we send a promo email to each other's list.
(Sometimes some list owners have smaller list, it is ok to do it if you feel comfortable or you can break your list down to suit his size. Some list owners I met have 20,000 optins and they don't mind sending my promo email to all of them even though my list is smaller.)
Most likely, the url has a freebie for people to download after they optin.
How to go about ad swaps?
There are list swaps exchange threads in Warrior Forum as well as Forum set up just for list owners to do ad swaps.
The JV thread is
Again, it is back to relationship-building 101.
- Respect the list owner and ask nicely.
- Give 2 to 5 days of respond time. If there is no reply then, PM or email them again.
- If there is a positive reply, set a date and correspond through emails. Always ask how else you can help. Don't just take. Give more and you will find yourself receiving more.
- Send an email to the list owner again a day or 2 before the promotional date.
- After ad swaps, ask how the list owners are doing. Be humble and ask for results, conversions and feedbacks. Learn and move on and be better in the next swap.
(If the list owner happens to be launching a product, help him first. List ad swaps can always be done later. Remember to always help FIRST!)
What is next after ad swaps?
Ask for ad swaps partners exchange. I recommend you to my partners and you do likewise too.
I was able to grow quite fast because some list owners introduce me to their friends.
By leveraging on other people, all of us grow faster.
What if you are turned down when you ask for swaps?
It is ok. Time to move on. There is no need to grumble. When list owners refused to do swaps, they may be in the midst of a project. Some lists are exclusive to their own promos.
Respect that and move on.
You can keep in touch with them. Possibly ask next time and they may say "Yes".
(I was talking to quite a number of Warriors who got into a few times more subscribers than mine within the same period. I would love to hear from you too. =)