Help me get leads for my business! PLEASE

13 replies
New member here! Hoping you guys can help me think of some out of the box ways to take my business to the next level.

Here's the deal,

I need leads of people who are in the market to lease a new car.

My advertising budget is limited but not non existent.

What would you guys recommend I do to get these leads coming in?

Thanks
#business #leads
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    I'm totally new to this market. However.

    The first thing you do: look at your competition.

    Run a selection of relevant websites through SimilarWeb.com.

    Do that, and you'll instantly gain insight into lead-gen possibilities.

    - Tom
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic
    Learn one way I earn money: I give away free stuff.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303195].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CarTalk
      Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

      I'm totally new to this market. However.

      The first thing you do: look at your competition.

      Run a selection of relevant websites through SimilarWeb.com.

      Do that, and you'll instantly gain insight into lead-gen possibilities.

      - Tom
      Thats a very cool site! thanks for your input!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303205].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

      I'm totally new to this market. However.

      The first thing you do: look at your competition.

      Run a selection of relevant websites through SimilarWeb.com.

      Do that, and you'll instantly gain insight into lead-gen possibilities.

      - Tom
      Yup. A month and a half ago I was helping a guy in the used cellphone niche.

      He was pretty sure a social media campaign was next in his marketing future.

      But a quick check of the three big competitors showed less than 1/2 of 1% of their traffic came from social media.

      You can learn a lot in a hurry from this site.

      OP: find where your audience is hanging out now.

      I'd niche down...what price range & kinds of cars are these folks looking for? You can also filter for people looking to lease rather than buy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303362].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CarTalk
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        Yup. A month and a half ago I was helping a guy in the used cellphone niche.

        He was pretty sure a social media campaign was next in his marketing future.

        But a quick check of the three big competitors showed less than 1/2 of 1% of their traffic came from social media.

        You can learn a lot in a hurry from this site.

        OP: find where your audience is hanging out now.

        I'd niche down...what price range & kinds of cars are these folks looking for? You can also filter for people looking to lease rather than buy.
        What would be the smartest way to find out where they are hanging out... Sounds simple enough but I just don't know where to start. Im very new to internet marketing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EricBernard
    If you have a limited budget, start off posting on Craigslist. Post at least 3 ads today. You will get at least a few people, not sure how qualified they will be but its a starting point and they may be able to refer you to others.

    While not free at all, PPC and SEO are two great ways you can use to generate leads as most people search for what they want online before they buy it. These will start to eat up a bit of your budget but can have serious payoffs if run consistently. If you try either of these methods just try to track the data to see how much you are spending and how much revenue those two advertising sources are giving you.

    You should also think about making a Facebook page if you don't already have one. But more than just think about it, you should definitely do it. Start running promotions to your fans and have them promote to their friends. You could make the promotion be something like whoever gets the most likes on a post they put on your Facebook wall, they get some kinda prize. These kinda promotions work like a charm and gets you exposed to someones entire social circle if they are motivated enough from your deal.

    You've got hella options. Pick one and get busy.
    Signature
    Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303209].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CarTalk
      Originally Posted by EricBernard View Post

      If you have a limited budget, start off posting on Craigslist. Post at least 3 ads today. You will get at least a few people, not sure how qualified they will be but its a starting point and they may be able to refer you to others.

      While not free at all, PPC and SEO are two great ways you can use to generate leads as most people search for what they want online before they buy it. These will start to eat up a bit of your budget but can have serious payoffs if run consistently. If you try either of these methods just try to track the data to see how much you are spending and how much revenue those two advertising sources are giving you.

      You should also think about making a Facebook page if you don't already have one. But more than just think about it, you should definitely do it. Start running promotions to your fans and have them promote to their friends. You could make the promotion be something like whoever gets the most likes on a post they put on your Facebook wall, they get some kinda prize. These kinda promotions work like a charm and gets you exposed to someones entire social circle if they are motivated enough from your deal.

      You've got hella options. Pick one and get busy.
      I have a Facebook page but only a few likes, what should I do to increase the likes?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303305].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EricBernard
        As I mentioned, you can run a promotion. That would increase likes and awareness.

        Also running a FB Ad campaign specifically to get more likes.
        Signature
        Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wduarte
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      I think starting out at that website Tom recommends is prudent

      Of course in the end, with a Market or Niche like this no one here is going to probably be able to give you advice that's guaranteed to produce results.

      It will come down to YOU researching, testing and analyzing and then doing some more researching, testing ,and analyzing


      - Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vour1995
    You can effectively do SEO with articles. Look for a top runner in your business and see the articles that get retweeted and shared, you can use this tool: Free Competitor Analysis Tool for SEO & Social Media. I think content marketing is still the best form of SEO for your kinda market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Phil Essex
    A Quick Traffic Tip – Use JustRetweet (Not affiliated lol)

    I would hope everyone has a twitter account for your business by now – if not go get one now please

    I have posted elsewhere on the site about various ways to increase your twitter following but wanted to drop a mention about JustRetweet

    It’s a fact that tweets that are retweeted get a much bigger response and JustRetweet provides a great free platform for greatly increasing your chances.

    JustRetweet excels at the viral power of getting your tweets ReTweeted

    What is JustRetweet?

    JustRetweet is a social sharing platform that will help you get more Retweets, Facebook Likes and Google PlusOnes to your blog posts by allowing other members to promote your content . There’s no question that Twitter/Facebook/Google+ can provide more social proof to your content and drive more traffic. Especially if you are publishing great, quality content.

    It’s easy and free – give it a go!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    I do not use Craig's list any more. Back when they allowed clickable links it was OK, but not now. I use to advertise in a local small town newspaper. Sadly, they turned my click able links off and near crushed my company. Also, I do not like back page. Well, they are OK if you pay. Maybe the best strategy is you tube mini movies. These are free and creating them is easy. Realtors are jumping in.

    Make sure to take your videos using an expensive camera. Production values are important in getting customers to call you. Spend a little bit of time washing your cars. Like my girlfriend says - there is nothing worse than a dirty car.

    Twitter is great if you live in a small rural area. Competition in a big metropolis can crush you. How will people find your tweets if they are buried under a pile that is enormous.

    Do try to optimize your mobile web pages. Most people searching for a car... are not using a lap top, but they have a smart phone with a small screen. Check out what your web site looks like on an I phone - can they see the text in your body copy. What about having your screens automatically resize.

    Also, do you have any special cars? There are directories for living green. It is great place to list an electric car in one. Maybe you have a Chevy Volt, nissan leaf or a plug in prius.

    Check for directories for exotic cars. Please remember that if you compete head to head with the big guys... they will crush you. Learn to zig when they zag.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10303982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CarTalk
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      I do not use Craig's list any more. Back when they allowed clickable links it was OK, but not now. I use to advertise in a local small town newspaper. Sadly, they turned my click able links off and near crushed my company. Also, I do not like back page. Well, they are OK if you pay. Maybe the best strategy is you tube mini movies. These are free and creating them is easy. Realtors are jumping in.

      Make sure to take your videos using an expensive camera. Production values are important in getting customers to call you. Spend a little bit of time washing your cars. Like my girlfriend says - there is nothing worse than a dirty car.

      Twitter is great if you live in a small rural area. Competition in a big metropolis can crush you. How will people find your tweets if they are buried under a pile that is enormous.

      Do try to optimize your mobile web pages. Most people searching for a car... are not using a lap top, but they have a smart phone with a small screen. Check out what your web site looks like on an I phone - can they see the text in your body copy. What about having your screens automatically resize.

      Also, do you have any special cars? There are directories for living green. It is great place to list an electric car in one. Maybe you have a Chevy Volt, nissan leaf or a plug in prius.

      Check for directories for exotic cars. Please remember that if you compete head to head with the big guys... they will crush you. Learn to zig when they zag.
      When you say directories are you referring to forums?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10304062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Honestly i would do some direct mail. Then i would try to reach them via PPC, and sites that have the people that you're interested in targeting.

    What do you plan on selling them once you have the leads that you want? Is it an offer that's over the $1,000 mark?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10304153].message }}

Trending Topics